Tally Clerks work for the airlines, shipping contractors, and loading dock companies.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Tally Clerks earned median annual pay of $29,840, and they had an annual Salary range from the lowest at $18,680 to the highest at $43,980
It is predicted that there will be a 3% decrease in the job employment for this occupation from 2020 to 2030, still, the position will have 1,70,200 new openings every year.
What to Include in a Tally Clerk Cover Letter?
Roles And Responsibilities
- Executing tally clerical functions to the accounts and sales departments.
- Checking, verifying, and tallying the correctness of merchandise as against invoice documents.
- Verifying and tallying payments received from customers.
- Examining and tallying diet orders and menus received from care healthcare units.
- Reconciling and tallying customer balances with ledger accounts and invoice details.
- Tally and reconcile bank deposits and bank payments with books and bank records.
- Verifying and tallying salaries as against payroll forms.
Education & Skills
Tally Clerk Skills:
- The ability to work in an outdoor and indoor environment and under a variety of weather conditions.
- Physical stamina and endurance to bend, lift, stretch, and stand for long periods.
- Good communication skills.
- Detail-orientation and numerical aptitude to process a large number of daily shipments.
- MS Office proficiency.
- The ability to use automated equipment is beneficial.
Tally Clerk Education Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Relevant certification or training in a related field.
- Familiarity with tally operations and clerical expertise.
Tally Clerk Cover Letter Example (Text Version)
Dear Hiring Manager Name,
I came across your job opening for the position of a Tally Clerk through a friend of mine (Friend Name), for which I am applying. As a highly experienced, and well-grounded Tally clerk, I have a deep knowledge of numerous products of your company and am very excited to contribute my quota to the success of your company. I am confident that my outstanding accounting skills and sales knowledge will be a perfect asset for this role.
My background includes performing a plethora of administrative and clerical tasks while achieving greater office productivity, and efficiency. From reconciliation of accounts to updating databases to routing mails and maintaining records, I excel at multitasking, collaborating with management and staff, and encouraging effective office procedures.
Highlights of my experience include the following –
- Performing various clerical tasks, including data entry, supply tracking, bank deposits, completing BRS, typing, and record management – while fostering positive relationships with management and customers.
- Demonstrating strong communication skills along with a solid commitment to providing outstanding support within a fast-paced office environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office, and Outlook.
- Worked with similar products in similar positions, which broadened my managerial skills.
- While working at (Old Company name) increased the revenue of the company to a 70% increase in my first few months of service.
- Staying updated with the latest news and information relevant to this position, so that I can pass this information on to the company, and staff members.
My skills in general administration, coupled with my work ethic, and positive attitude, position me to excel in this role. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. Thanks for your favorable consideration.
A well-written cover letter will be a game-changer not only for entry-level roles but also for people who want to sell their expertise to a prospective employer. However, such a cover letter should highlight your best skills, and capabilities and make you stand out as the best person for the role. To make your task easier, follow our short but effective tips below –
- Pick only the perfect characteristics that suit the job role, and highlight those skills in your cover letter.
- Focus on the benefits you can bring to the company by investing your knowledge in it. Some examples of this include – demonstrating your key accomplishments, or say how eager you are to bring your expertise to their services.
- Since the beginning of Covid – 19 Pandemic, companies started relying on video conferencing, and collaboration software, use your resume to demonstrate knowledge of tools like Zoom or Slack which is especially relevant for clerical workers today.
Pair your cover letter with a matching resume for guaranteed success. Want to become the center of attention? Check out our Tally Clerk Resume Samples and build yours in minutes.