Roles And Responsibilities
An Assistant Stage Manager assists the stage manager with all their responsibilities, which include attending production meetings, running rehearsals, ensuring smooth execution of the performance, and clerical work.
- Attend weekly production team meetings. At meetings, record concerns or needs and communicate these to the Stage Manager.
- Use social media sites to remind cast and crew of rehearsal schedules.
- Help Stage Manager set up rehearsal space if needed.
- Help with set construction and with all production teams. Be present at tech days on a weekly, if not daily, basis.
- Help teach and train newer students working with power tools and set construction.
- Report to Technical Director construction progress and needs.
Education & Skills
The skills of an Assistant Stage Manager are as follows:
- Must be familiar with the logistics of theater production.
- Is aware of the basic functioning of technical details and lights.
- Knows script and stage directions.
- Is a team player.
- Efficiently manages time.
- Has excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Has physical stamina to work for long hours.
- Can multitask.
Qualifications of an Assistant Stage Manager are as follows:
- High school diploma.
- A bachelor’s degree in theater, theater management, or a relevant field.
- A master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience in working in the relevant field.
Dear Mr./Ms.[Hiring Officer Name],
Art and creativity have always been my passion. I am sending my resume for consideration, for the post of Assistant Stage Manager at your design studio [Name of the studio]. My experience of working on multiple genres will perfectly suit your requirements. I am confident that I will suit perfectly for the position.
I worked with my team to create multiple shows, ad films, and video files as per the client’s requirements. My background lies in design and layout. My expertise in directing set production, and film making along with my leadership skills, and ability to communicate effectively with the teammates lead to the completion of projects successfully. The highlights of the 4 years of my experience are:
- I have maintained and managed the rehearsal calendar.
- Always provided support on and off stage to director and actors, in case lead actor is unwell contacted another actor.
- Work with a team member and producing innovative and futuristic art.
- Maintained clear channels of communication with the client at all times.
- Established budgets for various projects.
- Provided information to the light department for proper light setting.
- I also trained junior staff to meet the company requirement.
My ability for attention to detail and to use the set designs optimally, and my leadership skill, has prepared me to bring success to your organization [name of the organization]. I am confident that my abilities will help me provide exemplary services as your next Assistant Stage Manager.
Thank you for your time and consideration. Looking forward to meeting you to discuss the position in further detail.
Tips for writing an impeccable Assistant Stage Manager cover letter:
- Even though experience counts in this profession, a good recommendation would further your chance of landing the job.
- Be clear in mentioning your responsibilities at your previous employers, it will show how qualified you are for the job posting.
- Try to use qualities true to you and those mentioned in the job description.
- Mention your working style to create an impression on your prospective employers.
You can use our Assistant Stage Manager Resume Sample to create a good resume and increase your chances of getting the job.