The skills and services of Monitoring and Evaluation Managers are applicable and used in a wide variety of fields across many sectors including humanitarian aid, non-profit work, disaster relief projects, and community development and project management
Monitoring and Evaluation Manager’s salary depends on the field and organization, however, these professionals can expect an average of around $38,700 per annum, and experienced professionals can get anywhere around $90,500 per annum as per the reports of Glassdoor.com
It is predicted that there will be an almost 10% increase every year in job opportunities for the professionals in this category, due to the need for leaders who understand the importance of integrating impact analysis in the planning process.
What to Include in a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Cover Letter?
Roles And Responsibilities
- Monitoring and evaluating managers provide oversight for the program’s planning, evaluation, knowledge management, and monitoring.
- Identifying performance indicators, developing quality assurance strategies, training program employees, maintaining contact with program partners.
- Ensuring all program aspects comply with institutional requirements.
- Establishing and identifying suitable indicators for the program that is being monitored.
- Ensuring the programs adhere to relevant legal regulations, industry standards, and organizational policies
- Conducting regular inspections to detect areas that violate the guidelines.
- Maintaining positive contact between the employer and program partners, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Developing an effective communication framework to enable all parties to share and access all information and knowledge.
Education & Skills
Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Skills:
- Strong experience in conducting research studies including the entire evaluation cycle from design and formulation to implementation.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Result-oriented approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Technical knowledge and experience in the implementation of gender and disability sensitive approaches.
- Basic knowledge of CHS Accountability standards.
Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Education requirements:
- Monitoring and Evaluation Managers often come from varying educational backgrounds and have a degree or advanced degree in business administration, public policy, or a related development study.
- Strong facilitation and training skills.
- Professional certification in area of specialization.
- Experience in data processing and management of large-scale surveys.
- Knowledge of data analysis software and advanced computer skills.
Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Cover Letter Example (Text Version)
Dear (Hiring Manager’s Name),
As a highly skilled and experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, I came across your posting for a new Monitoring and Evaluation Officer with interest. My educational background, skills, and 10+ years of experience align well with your job description, and hence I trust that I would prove to be invaluable to your organization.
My career span includes working for (old company name) wherein I was responsible for designing and data collection; research and statistical analysis. Moreover, my on-the-job expertise has grounded me with specific skillsets, including first-rate critical and analytical thinking skills.
My other accomplishments include –
- Spearheaded project planning, auditing, monitoring, and reporting for the (The project name) for the past five years, produced and distributed M&E reports to the management and donors.
- Played a pivotal role in the (project name) annual work plan, and budget through keen data analysis and stakeholder input.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of data collection, quality assurance, processing, and statistical analysis.
- Experience in monitoring designing projects, training new staff, and coordinating with the staff and different departments.
- Created more than 50 new proposals for projects, and prepared reports, and presentations to explain the proposal.
- Earned a Master’s degree (Degree name) from (University Name).
In addition to my experience, I have a solid educational background and a passion for humanitarian work and relief efforts for underprivileged countries. These qualities coupled with my commitment to achieving highly accurate and informative results can quickly surpass your expectations for this role.
I look forward to talking with you in further detail. Thank you for your time and consideration.
We are here to help you in your job hunt. Use our cover letter writing tips and avoid mistakes and present yourself as an expert –
- Highlight all points that express that you have professional knowledge in economics, management, and administration.
- Tell your hiring manager about your specialized degree and focus on your project management skills and business intelligence.
- Intrapersonal skills are crucial for this role, hence mention your ability to build a strong relationship with new clients and stakeholders, tactful negotiation skills to make favorable deals.
- Study about the company to show that you have a genuine interest before applying for this role.
For help with your resume, use our extensive Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Resume Samples, and get a chance to land an interview.