Health and Safety Specialist Resume
Summary : Seeking Opportunities to build on academic base and experience with a company that provides career opportunities and are dedicated to safety and growth of the organization.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Excel.
- Taught health education and safety courses to the community, certifying 500-600 individuals monthly.
- Recruited volunteer instructors and instructor trainers through advertising online and in print, creating relationships with local businesses, and attending community fairs.
- Promoted health and education services programs by giving presentations to local agencies, hospitals, and organizations, raising awareness and involvement in Red Cross services.
- Managed chapter-wide provider accounts to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Planned chapter-wide projects, including health fairs and expos.
- Secured locations, completed insurance forms and permits, trained volunteers, and staffed events.
- Organized yearly volunteer recognition events for 3 Los Angeles chapters that were each attended by 30-40 volunteers and their families.
MS In Health Care
Sr. Health and Safety Specialist Resume
Summary : Goal oriented Health and Safety Specialist with 20+ years' leadership experience in manufacturing environments, and proven expertise with WSIB, and return to work programs, who has demonstrated experience work with staff, multifunctional teams and multiple contractors.
Skills : Readings Basic Computer Skills, Works closely with people.
- Reported to the Health and Safety Manager responsibilities included annual health and safety training for over 340 employees and orientation for new hires, e.g.
- Coordinated monthly ergonomics meetings ensuring follow-up to completion; working closely with onsite nursing staff to accommodate modified duties and return to work duties; designing and implementing new safety programs, e.g.
- Reduced recordable rate by 14% in one year by working with on-site nurses for modified duties.
- Conducted cross-business safety self-assessments for three Canadian facilities.
- Introduced new safety glasses and ergo friendly insoles reduced WSIB claims by 5%.
- Obtained ISO 140001 to the site to help the sales team attract new customers.
- Prepared detailed health and safety plans and managed deployed crew site audits.
Jr. Health and Safety Specialist Resume
Headline : Recognized for excellent associate engagement and problem solving skills. A leader respected by associates, peers and management.
Skills : Microsoft office, Lotus Notes, Jd Edwards, Continuous Improvement.
- Provided health and safety expertised to the Michigan Operations site partnering with facility technical staff to ensure understanding and application of government requirements.
- Supported health and safety technicians aligned to facility providing guidance, coaching and direction.
- Managed projects on both a facility and site level including designing management tools and facilitating the process.
- Worked with facility during process turnarounds to provide planning input, safety observation and standard support.
- Analyzed facility adherence to safety standards by through assessment of work processes.
- Provided support for internal and external audits, throughout turnaround plan activities and in managing safety programs.
- Assisted with orientation and implementation of new tools and programs.
- Led root cause investigations for facility incidents and assisted with executing affiliated actions.
Master Of Arts
Health and Safety Specialist III Resume
Headline : Proven safety professional with significant years of relevant experience, and a strong background within the chemical, refinery and heavy construction environments. Leadership qualities are highlighted by the ability to work with and manage individuals from varying backgrounds, while promoting team values within the organization.
Skills : EHS Professional, Health Supervisor.
- Created an environment that fosters employee involvement in the site safety program by initiating site-wide employee lead safety committees.
- Implemented site hazard awareness program which included OSHA 30 training for key personnel.
- Managed PSM elements of Contractor Safety program as well as HSE planning for all projects and turnarounds.
- Conducted effective safety focused pre-bid and pre-job meetings helping to assure efficient onboarding and oversight.
- Assured optimal vendor selection by conducting contractor prequalification in conjunction with the contract administration group, maintenance, operations and the projects teams when necessary.
- Developed site specific training through ISTC and reciprocal training facilities.
- Complianced System Owner for multiple Site Health and Safety Procedures.
Vocational In Nurse
Health and Safety Specialist II Resume
Summary : Dedicated Health and Safety Specialist who is OSHA certified and experienced. OSHA and health regulation while maintaining a productive and safe work environment. To continue working towards a degree in Industrial Hygiene.
Skills : Health Advisor, Health Specialist.
- Facilitated client EH&S goals to improve EH&S performance.
- Lead proactive hazard identifications, risk assessments, and job hazard analysis.
- Designed and delivered client specific authorized person and awareness level training.
- Analyzed near miss and incidents using formal root cause analysis methodologies.
- Monitored clients leading and lagging safety metrics and review trends with company management.
- Reviewed client EH&S policies and practices regularly to ensure they are relevant and change as necessary to stay with current industry trends, changes in law and maintain effectiveness.
- Served as the client's primary contact for any local, state or federal government related safety inspections.
- Developed annual/semi-annual strategic plans for clients to ensure continuous EH&S improvement.
Bachelor Of Arts
Health and Safety Specialist I Resume
Objective : Health and Safety Specialist with experience in performing air sampling, area and personal noise sampling, mold inspections, mold air sampling, asbestos bulk and air sampling, lead sampling fume hood and ventilation inspections.
Skills : Industrial Hygiene, Safety.
- Responsible for the implementation of all health and safety programs at a corporate headquarters facility consisting of approximately 60% manufacturing and 40% R&D.
- Employed approximately 1500 employees.
- Updated the industrial hygiene monitoring program and implemented a comprehensive sampling strategy.
- Participated in business safety committee meetings, and health and safety audits.
- Updated the existing program, managed the installation of a waste storage facility, and negotiated a new contract for waste removal.
- Developed a comprehensive training program and successfully decommissioned a large R&D laboratory and waste storage facility.
- Developed the site's first confined space rescue team.
Health and Safety Specialist I Resume
Headline : Energetic and versatile problem-solver with a genuine interest in implementing and maintaining best practice health and safety standards for businesses.
Skills : Safety Supervisor, Safety Manager.
- Responsible for overseeing the health and safety of approximately 200 employees and contractors in a multi-state coverage area.
- Responsible for the development, updating and maintaining of emergency preparedness procedures.
- Routinely participated in emergency planning.
- Responded to emergencies and assist in remediation of those emergencies.
- Routinely conducted safety, risk management and compliance audits, document findings and make recommendations.
- Documented and investigated incidents through Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Routinely conducted and participated in safety meetings and briefings.
- Routinely facilitated and conducted safety training to remain in compliance with state and federal regulations.
Bachelors Of Science
Health and Safety Specialist/Coordinator Resume
Summary : Quality-oriented professional with several years experience within the Health and Safety, Emergency Preparedness, Response and Security field. Provided immediate response, continuity and results in emergency situations.
Skills : Health Specialist, Safety Consultant.
- Conducted on-site accident and incident investigations and providing documentation through internal reports and the Medgate database.
- Reviewed of operational tasks and analyzes equipment hazards.
- Wrote technical reports, data entry and queries into various safety and health databases.
- Inspected hot work and confined space areas to complete permits to create a safe work area.
- Served as the chemical emergency coordinator in the event of a spill/release.
- Conducted training covering confined space, PIT, forklift HazCom, workplace safety compliance, etc.
- Honed efficient communication skills needed to manage eclectic individuals.
Health and Safety Specialist/Consultant Resume
Summary : Seeking a mechanical maintenance position. Worked in the industrial maintenance field for many years, along with a few years in the safety department in an industrial setting. 7 years was working on hot metal cranes in a melt shop.
Skills : Health Advisor, HealthCare Technician.
- Oversaw and supported all aspects of environmental, health and safety for one of the nation's leading producers of manufactured homes and recreational vehicles.
- Took command of 24 divisions conducting environmental and safety audits and training.
- Restructured divisional support to effectively operate from a corporate level.
- Introduction and implementation of computer-based training in 24 divisions.
- Introduced Liberty Mutual Residual Risk Reduction Program (R3) division-wide.
- Designed and spearheaded the ergonomic program.
- Worked with federal, state and local agencies on cost containment strategies.
- Managed annual OSHA voluntary audits.
Master Of Science
Health and Safety Specialist Resume
Summary : Utilize training and experience in the Fire, Health and Safety fields to secure a position in your organization, where can bring a high level of professionalism and knowledge.
Skills : Health Advisor, Safety Specialist.
- Provided training of OSHA standards to maintain compliance.
- Implemented and managed various safety programs to promote a behavior-based safety culture.
- Performed risk assessments on various industrial job tasks.
- Performed root-cause analysis of incident investigations.
- Managed PPE programs (safety glasses, work boots, uniforms, ARC flash protection).
- Provided direction for union employee focus groups.
- Developed an observed program, which increased employee safety awareness.