Almost all companies that depend on marketing for their business needs, hire the services of Online Marketing Assistants for handling their marketing-related tasks. From Small business units to MNC hire these professionals.
As per the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics – BLS, employees under this classification earned an average salary of $38,030 in 2018. It is predicted that they should be a 13 % increase between 2018 and 2028 for this occupation, and there are around 38,560 job openings for these professionals each year.
The average median salary for Online Marketing Assistants is $22,121 to $44,675 per year.
What to Include in a Online Marketing Assistant Cover Letter?
Roles And Responsibilities
- Performing administrative tasks and ensuring the functionality of marketing activities.
- Conducting market research and analyzing marketing surveys.
- Supporting the marketing manager and marketing team with project organization.
- Employing online marketing analytics to gather information from the web and social media pages.
- Preparing promotional presentations and organizing promotional events.
- Composing and posting online content for the social media page and website.
- Fostering strong relationships with customers.
- Writing marketing literature for company brochures and press releases.
Education & Skills
Online Marketing Assistant Skills:
- A Solid understanding of advanced marketing principles.
- The ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Good understanding of advanced marketing principles.
- Proficiency in MS Office and marketing software.
- Good understanding of office equipment.
- General troubleshooting abilities.
- Knowledge of CRM tools, Google AdWords, and online analytics.
Online Marketing Assistant Education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of SEO tools like Google Analytics, Webmasters, and others.
- Knowledge of email marketing software.
- Familiarity with basic editing software.
- Familiarity with website optimization tools like Hotjar, Similar Web, and Screaming Frog.
Online Marketing Assistant Cover Letter Example (Text Version)
Dear (Hiring Manager’s Name),
With great interest, I am writing this letter in response to your advertisement posted on (Source name) for the role of Online Marketing Assistant. My experience, academic background, and my specialized skills align well with your job description, and I strongly believe that I would become a valuable asset to your marketing team and the organization.
During my tenure at ABA College, I developed a great passion for marketing and public relations. I have sought out multiple opportunities wherein I was able to hone my marketing skills. For Example, I interned at the (intern company name) last summer, and in this role, I developed my digital marketing skills by developing web pages and slideshows simultaneously contributing to a significant increase in the company’s marketing revenue. I was able to hone my web authoring skills which I used to assist the marketing department in its goals to drive more traffic to its website.
Highlights of my background include –
- While working as a marketing assistant in (company name) I handled as many as 50 cold emails per day to customers in order to place links on their websites. During my time at (company name), I increased the open rate by 25% on average and raised daily traffic by 34% over the course of a year.
- Excelling in a variety of marketing internships, and gaining experience across the digital marketing process in areas such as website updates, SEO and SEM performance tracking, mobile and online marketing, campaign development, marketing programs during events, and direct client communication.
- Solid foundation in the basic principles of marketing, with strong communication and time management abilities, positioning me to thrive in a challenging and energizing position.
- Earned marketing degree from the prestigious (University name) and attaining a comprehensive knowledge, in sales, marketing, advertising, and media communications.
- Demonstrable presentation, and project management skills; coupled with updated knowledge of the latest marketing software and applications.
Along with my experience in developing online marketing initiatives, I bring along with me my enthusiasm and dedication that would be readily transferable when I start working as your next Online Marketing Assistant. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Interested in a Marketing Career? Read the following tips and tricks to write a perfect cover letter –
- Marketing is a competitive field, as you market your products and services on behalf of your company, you have to market yourself to the hiring employer through a well-organized and meaningful cover letter.
- Employers are on the lookout for candidates possessing a specific set of hard and soft skills, hence include strong keywords such as – project management, account management, operations, PowerPoint, customer service, SEO, SEM, and Google Analytics.
- Provide examples of your achievement with quantitative figures.
- Finally end your document with a convincing closing statement, as you saw in our sample cover letter.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Online Marketing Assistant Resume Samples.