Sales Customer Service Advisors are usually employed in retail-like environments including department stores, shopping centers, and independent retailers. Sometimes they work in a call center environment.
The job outlook for the Sales Customer Service Advisor profession is expected to grow by about 23% between 2016 and 2026.
On average, Sales Customer Service Advisors earn about $12 an hour, or roughly $25,000 per year.
What to Include in a Sales Customer Service Advisor Cover Letter?
Roles And Responsibilities
- Managing large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner.
- Following call center scripts when handling different topics.
- Identifying customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and providing solutions and/or alternatives.
- Seize opportunities to upsell products when they arise.
- Build sustainable relationships and engage customers by taking the extra mile.
- Keep records of all conversations in our call center database in a comprehensible way.
- Meet personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets.
Education & Skills
Sales Customer Service Advisor Skills:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills including Word and Excel.
- Flexible work schedule ability to work nights/weekends as necessary.
- Skills in using computers, including for entering data, performing calculations, and processing information
Sales Customer Service Advisor Education Requirements:
- A successful Sales Customer Service Advisor must have a high school diploma, or the equivalent.
- Consider earning a bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing or a related field, which can help you learn more about the types of companies where you might work and how to succeed in sales and customer service.
Sales Customer Service Advisor Cover Letter Example (Text Version)
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
As a highly skilled Sales Customer Service Advisor, I read your posting for a new Sales Customer Service Advisor with interest. My experience aligns well with the qualifications you are seeking at GlobalTech IT Solutions, in particular my role as a Sales Customer Service Advisor at Echolin Technologies, and I am certain I would make a valuable addition to your organization.
With more than 8 years’ experience as a Sales Customer Service Advisor, I am adept in sales call management, customer satisfaction assessment, and problem resolution. Moreover, while my on-the-job experience has afforded me a well-rounded skill set, including first-rate communication and interpersonal skills, I excel at:
- Processing high volume of sales calls.
- Assessing customer needs and presenting relevant solutions.
- Identifying and resolving problems in real time.
- Maintaining detailed customer records and preparing reports.
- Managing leads generated from sales activities and pursuing new opportunities.
In addition to my experience and personal qualities, I have a solid educational foundation and a passion for sales. Please review my attached resume for additional details regarding my expertise and career achievements. I will follow up to request an appointment to discuss how my experience and background meets your needs.
To create a sales customer service advisor cover letter that really sells your skills and experience, you’ll need to cover the following:
- Showcase your specific capabilities and experience in the industry that qualifies you for the role.
- Use the job posting to identify keywords and phrases that are relevant to the job but not included in your resume.
- Focus on what you can do for the employer rather than on what they can do for you.
- Include concrete facts and figures when possible, such as how much money you helped your previous employer save or how much you increased sales by a certain percentage.
Once you’ve written a great cover letter, it’s time to start working on your resume. Refer our Sales Customer Service Advisor Resume Sample for more tips on how to write your resume and accompany it with a strong cover letter.