Band Director Resume
Summary : To obtain a position within the Instrumental Music Education field where I could utilize my 8+ years of experience and may positively impact young artists creativity, critical thinking skills and their ability to express themselves through music. To aid students understanding of how to translate life experiences to music. I will empower students by fostering an atmosphere of growth, discipline, maturity, and communication through music, academics and life lessons.
Skills : Woodwind Proficiency, Private Lessons, Concert Band, Music Theory, Piano Knowledge, Live Performances, ,Good Communication, Western Music in Jazz And Blues, Latin And Caribbean Music Styles, Eastern Music with non-traditional Music Instruments, Empathetic
- Direct high school instrumental performers, such as marching band, orchestra, concert band, soloists, and ensembles.
- Establish performance requirements, enforce academic requirements, and verify each students eligibility to participate in band.
- Comply with federal and state laws, state board of education rules, and board policy in the band area.
- Obtain and use evaluative findings (including student achievement data) to determine program effectiveness and ensure that program renewal is continuous and responds to student needs.
- Ensure that programs are cost-effective and funds are managed wisely.
- Compile budgets and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
- Oversee process of cleaning, repairing, and storing all band equipment.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual student differences.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by the louisiana department of education, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
BA in Instrumental Music
Band Director Resume
Summary : To obtain a position where I can share my wealth of knowledge in Instrumental Music with talented minds. As an energetic, hardworking, and qualified educator of 13 years with a masters in education.. I'm confident that my passion for the education, together with my skills and experience will enable me to fulfill the duties of the position.
Skills : Educator, Technical Support, Multimedia, Fundraising, Team Building, Team Leader, Curriculum Development, Curriculum Design, Marketing Communications, Budget Management, Event Planning, Event Management, Event Coordinator, Inventory Management
- Designing and implement lesson plans for general and instrumental music classes.
- Establish a band program which include a beginner and intermediate band program.
- Encourage students to prepare and perform for the baltimore school for the arts high school and bsa twiggs program for instrumental music.
- Conduct one on one tutoring sessions for new or struggling band members.
- Assist and train an average of 20-60 band members per training session.
- Chaperoned, assisted in the organization and warm ups of band members during competitions and other performances.
- Set clear expectations for students behavior to manage the general music classes.
- Hold high expectations for student learning and attainment of objectives.
- Instructed a piano lab for sixth grade students; where fundamental piano skills were taught.
- Lead PDS to introduction teachers to the school wide positive incentive system: PBIS.
- Created and organized fundraising events for the PBIS, including: bake sales, raffles, and valentines candy grams.
Masters in Educational Leadership
Band Director Resume
Summary : 18+ years of experience oriented toward excellence in music education. Vast experience in teaching Marching Band, Symphonic Bands, Jazz Band, Guitar and Musical Theatre Orchestra Conducting. Strong knowledge of the theory and techniques required to produce, and perform works of music Able to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time. Skilled at scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
Skills : Teaching, Instrumental Music, Choral Music, Band Instruments, Orchestral Instruments, Music Technology, Educational Technology, Music Notation Software, Composing, Arranging, Conducting, Instrumental Repair, Microsoft Office, Custodial, Basic Piano, Music Library Organizing, Digital Library Organization, Fundraising
- Built an established, well-respected band program from the ground up and grew enrollment 106% by my second year.
- Developed a strong reputation for our band program in the chicago arts community, which is regarded as a program that engages students’ creative and critical thinking skills through relevant, 21st century artistic practices.
- Teach beginning, intermediate, and advanced bands, percussion ensemble, music theory, clarinet ensemble, rock society, pep band, and pop band.
- Established three new courses: intermediate band, percussion ensemble, and pep band (athletic band, colloquium course).
- Established the pop band and clarinet ensemble (extracurricular ensembles).
- Earned excellent and superior ratings in cps band and orchestra festivals, ihsa band contests, and a northshore concert band clinic.
- Directed music for two musicals, grease and working, and prepared student musicians to play in their respective pit bands.
- Established a partnership with the louis armstrong legacy program at columbia college, a jazz-education organization, and worked closely with artisitic director, wycliffe gordon and other teaching artists.
- Other partnerships include the chicago symphony orchestra, kelly high school, lyric opera of chicago, music of the baroque, northwestern university, northshore concert band, quinlan and fabish, and vh1 save the music.
- Collaborate with music teacher colleagues to design performance curricula and write benchmark standards for our school-wide shift to a proficiency-based learning system.
- Raised over $17,500 for just the band program in four years, and collaborated with performing arts teachers to raise over $35,000.
MM in Clarinet Performance
Band Director Resume
Headline : I'm certified music teacher with 5 years of band instruments teaching experience, specializing in the development, delivery, review, and support of instrumental music instruction. I'm seeking employment as a Band Director, to pass on my passion for music and learning, drawing on a lifetime of unique experience as a musician and teacher.
Skills : Sibelius, SmartMusic, Piano, Trumpet, Clarinet, Saxophone, Horn, Euphonium, Tuba, Violin, Viola, Cello, Flute, Dalcroze Method, Kodly Method, Orff Schulwerk, Suzuki Method
- Taught instrumental band music to students in grades 6-8 and directed music performances and programs including band concerts, marching band parades, and solo and ensemble festivals.
- Created and maintained a weekly individual practice log, rehearsal schedule, and individual quarterly and semesterly grades for lessons, concerts, and writing assignments.
- Documented student progress on student learning objective (slo) scale packets and used those surveys to evaluate and modify lessons and classroom teaching techniques.
- Tracked student progress and provided student assessments to parents during parent teacher conferences.
- Developed and delivered thirteen individual and group music lessons per day to middle school students including weekly individual student lesssons and jazz band/combo twice a week in accordance with the middle school band curriculum.
- Maintained a band inventory by cleaning, repairing, and purchasing instruments, checking school instruments out to students, and ordering supplies for the band program and for students to purchase.
- Managed a program budget, ensured all money for the year was accounted for and created budgets for upcoming school years.
BS in ME
Band Director Resume
Headline : As an experienced Teacher & Orchestra Director, I seek to redefine the relationship between students and their academic environment through music. I pour my heart and soul into my work and the betterment of my students. I have unique views from both sides of the teaching and administrative spectrum which has helped me to create strong ties with community partners and donors for my band program.
Skills : Music Education, Music Performance, Teacher Education, Saxophones, Woodwinds, Band, Audio, Curriculum Development, Jazz Music, Fundraising
- Began a new band program after over 10 years of no band program at antonian.
- Developed several ensembles to include: marching band, concert band, jazz ensemble, Drum line, color guard, mariachi ensemble, hand bell choir, vocal mixed choir.
- Established and maintained an updated inventory of instruments, band equipment, music library, marching and formal.
- Created a parent booster organization to advocate and support the band in various endeavors to include: Fundraising, preparation of pre-games meals, travel, parade support, purchasing of equipment as deemed necessary by.
- Attended and supported all school functions for professional growth and development.
- Employed a broad range of instructional techniques to retain student interest and maximize learning.
- Created multiple new programs within the domain, including winter guard, indoor drumline, jazz band, and advanced instrumental music (which allowed for peer tutoring of younger musicians during the school day).
BA in MS
Band Director Resume
Summary : I aspire to be the Director of Marching Band with background in musical achievement and ensemble rehearsal techniques to maintain a successful and diverse music program. I have a Bachelors in Instrumental music and 10+ years of experience working as an Assistant Marching Band Director with several marching bands, which has given me experience on how I would run my own program.
Skills : Design Marching Band Drill, Pyware Software, Compose Vocal, Instrumental, And Keyboard Music, Finale Software. Liturgical Organ Music In The Anglican Style, Applied Piano Lessons, Music Teaching, Professional Development Facilitator, Composer
- Implemented and taught/conducted additional course offerings in the music department to include jazz band, concert chorus, show choir, and piano keyboarding for students in grades 9-12; the jazz band received superior ratings and caption awards in their very first competition since inception.
- Promoted considerable diplomacy and music advocacy among parents, teachers, administration, community stakeholders, and music colleagues within the school district and local colleges/universities.
- Provided opportunities for professional musicians/professors of music from colleges and universities to come in and work with promising students as well as recruit them.
- Coordinated recruitment activities for all aspects of the music department, including concerts, instrument demonstration and trials, music surveys, vocal and dance auditions, informational meetings, commitment drives and lease/purchase sessions.
- Managed bookkeeping of the fiscal band budget and fundraising activities in conjunction with the booster club.
- Created an annual calendar of performances, rehearsal schedules, field trips, fundraising dates, itineraries, duty rosters, etc.
- Coordinated duty schedules for bus drivers, chaperones, band camp staff, and other volunteers.
BS in IME
Band Director Resume
Summary : I am a high energy leader with 10+ years of experience in Band Management that wants a bigger challenge. I always preach that I dislike losing more than I like winning. I thrive on organization and routines that develop into success by keeping my programs funnels full and successful goals at the bottom I am ready to move on to a position where my people skills and organizational skills can combine to make more money for my company and my family.
Skills : Marching Bands And Drum Corps, Classical Piano, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Oboe, Trumpet, Horn, Trombone, Tuba, Guitar, Violin, Inventory Management, Musical Instrument Repair, Lesson Planning, Public Relations, Curriculum Development, Fundraising
- Led and directed 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and high school bands with a co-director.
- Accompanied (on the piano) and assisted in teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th grade choirs with a head vocal director.
- Responsible for the development of curriculum and assisting the district in finding more efficient processes for curriculum, technology, and music.
- Designed and maintained websites using adobe and other products for stakeholder development.
- Maintained a very large program budget which included communicating with benefactors and attending fundraising events.
- Assisted in marketing and communication for admissions events and walk-throughs.
- Responsible for the increased musicianship and respect of the entire program throughout the micds community.
- Attended conference clinics for approximately 3,000 music educators at the missouri music educators convention.
MA in Education
Music Teacher/ Band Director Resume
Objective : A 4+ years experienced musician and educator seeking to use the education and experiences acquired to inspire and teach the next generation of students.I am a motivator, lead by example, organized, I try to build relationships with the staff, students and parents, run organized music and ensemble rehearsals and do not mind criticism, I believe it makes me a better educator
Skills : Education & Training, Management, Sales, Music Composer, Event Planning And Fundraising, Band management, Classroom Management, Teaching, All Band Instruments, Woodwind Specialist, Inventory Management, Musical Instrument Repair, Lesson Planning
- Used salesmanship to double the enrollment in a band program in one year.
- Wrote a special beginner band method book, a warm-up choral technical studies book, and custom band arrangements.
- Rebuilt the music program at all souls catholic school, and brought it to its highest standard of excellence.
- Increased the quality of all my programs with creative writing, use of technology, and high quality assessment classroom management skills.
- Helped many students to become highly recognized singers and musicians.
- Fostered and maintained positive relationships with organizational stakeholders, including students, parents/guardians, school officials, corporate sponsors, and elected officials.
- Successfully raised majority of funds required for operations, capital purchases, community outreach, recruiting, retention, and publicity.
- Achieved consisted excellent and superior ratings at musical performance assessment events.
Bachelors in Music & Education
Choral Director / Band Director Resume
Headline : I taught Band and Chorus for 5 years serving hundreds of students and their families every year. I am exploring career opportunities in Band Management. Running a music program is not unlike running a small business, and I have worked extremely hard and taught myself the necessary skills to build relationships and be highly successful in each of my positions.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Jazz Band, Excellent Communication And Interpersonal Skills, Public Speaker, Teaching, Logistics, Budgeting, Fundraising, Social Media Management, Inventory, Workshops
- Oversaw all aspects of the apopka memorial middle school band program.
- Instructed, organized, and managed approximately 250 middle school students and 200 high school students on a daily basis.
- Developed lesson plans for individual classes, created a culture of excellence and integrity within all areas of the program, rehearsed groups for all major concerts, encouraged students to strive for excellence, distribution of music, maintained all musical equipment.
- Responsible for curriculum development, program building, fundraising, social media management, public interaction, budget management.
- Taught 5th-12th grade instrumental music, 7th-8th grade general music, 7th-12th grade marching band, 6th grade junior marching band, jazz band.
- Mentored students and taught workshops on leadership, study skills, post-graduation preparation, college admissions, and life skills.
- Organized and participated in numerous concerts and community events throughout the year.
Bachelors in ME
Band Director Resume
Summary : I am a highly organized and forward-thinking problem solver with a 9+ years of experience in teaching and performing arts. My proactive nature and positive attitude allow me to excel at projects requiring accountability, efficiency, order and attention to detail. Through my well-rounded experience as an administrator, performer and teacher of music, I have acquired strong leadership and interpersonal skills, resulting in a proven ability to work well both within a team as well as independently.
Skills : Organizational, Organizational Leadership, Communications, Recruiting, Evaluations, Social Networking, Research, Budgeting, Fundraising, Curriculum Management, Band Management, Music Literacy, Rudimentary Music Theory, Microsoft Office, Inventory
- I was the primary coordinator of the band/music program and was responsible for recruitment and retention strategies at all levels and collaborated regularly with the middle school and elementary school music departments.
- Teached band and general music to grades 4 through 8.
- I worked closely with other staff members within the school system to schedule rehearsals and make other logistical arrangements for sharing students time.
- I was responsible for scheduling events, maintaining the extensive band budget and individual student financial accounts.
- I also had regular meetings with a parent-operated band booster organization which included fundraisers, uniform management and chaperone assignments.
- Created lessons and units for general music, band and chorus, emphasizing key musical concepts.
- Maintained student records, kept individualized education plans for each of nearly 200 students and supervised their performances.
- Raised money, created and managed budgets, maintained a large inventory of expensive musical instruments.
Master in ME