Senior Purchasing Agent Resume
Summary : Senior Purchasing Agent worked 35 plus years with good attendance, worked safely, quick learner, follow instructions, able to get along with others, pleasant disposition, and trustworthy.
Skills : Inventory Control, Lean Manufacturing, Negotiation, Organized, Problem Solving, Power Point, Conflict Resolution, Process Improvement.
- Bids and negotiates pricing, identify cost savings, and lead cross-functional teams to accomplish plant goals.
- Monitors quality, and supplier issues; work with suppliers and internal resources to rollout new products and to ensure timely deliveries.
- Procures 8-12 million dollars per year including manufactured products for the medical device industry, chemicals, maintenance repair and operating (MRO) supplies.
- Identifies areas of potential cost savings, execute strategies and perform negotiations.
- Utilizes problem solving skills, and experience in the areas of manufacture ability, target costs with new products, and non-conforming products to proactively mitigate project risks.
- Supports R&D with category knowledge, and knowledge of Supplier Base, to enable implementation of New Products and Company Goals.
- Provides Category knowledge and alternative solutions when challenges arise.
Jr. Senior Purchasing Agent Resume
Objective : Over 30 years of increasing responsibility in manufacturing operations including scheduling, production, sales, and procurement. Background in global sourcing, supplier development, E-sourcing, PPAP, Vendor Managed Inventory, price negotiation, continuous improvement, in-sourcing, supplier rationalization, new product development, and leading cross-functional projects.
Skills : Detail-oriented and results driven, Financial modeling.
- Responsible for purchasing commodities for manufacture of electric motors, with up to $30 million spend for 26 facilities worldwide including ball bearings, aluminum castings, zinc and gray iron castings, shafts, powdered metal parts, Babbitt bearings, rubber, fiber, felt, blowers, and housings.
- Set up Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) with major bearing supplier in Free Trade Zone (FTZ) in El Paso, Texas.
- Saved annually in freight cost and reduced lead time from 10 days to 3 days.
- Received AO Smith Values Recognition Program Certificate of Recognition in Operation Process Improvements.
- Redefined aluminum die casting core competencies.
- Brought production in house, reduced external spending by 75% and saved Served on the pump bearing improvement team to reduce bearing failure warranty cost.
- Changed bearing seals and reduced warranty cost by annually and identified improvements estimated to save an additional, Received Values Recognition Program Certificate of Recognition in Operation Process Improvements.
- Reduced supplier base from 75 to 36.
Senior Purchasing Agent/Analyst Resume
Headline : Ensure cost competitiveness for the Concrete Products business with a focus on maximizing Company-wide procurement leverage, increasing P2P processing efficiency and delivering the lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
Skills : Quickbooks, Intuit, SAP, Hagan, Medical Manager.
- Negotiated and contracted with hospitals, out-patient clinics and physician groups for medical services and procedures.
- Performed cost analyses, including vendor cost comparison, acquisition and cash flow analyses.
- Initiated, developed and maintained relationships with suppliers on a site/region/national basis.
- Developed reviews and executed various vendor procurement contracts.
- Negotiated payment terms and coordinated billing methods according to company policies.
- Consulted with site, regional and corporate personnel on current and future purchasing specifications, needs and suppliers.
- Responsible for bidding of contracts, negotiating favorable terms and establishing sound interactions between internal and external customers.
Senior Purchasing Agent I Resume
Objective : Over twenty nine years of manufacturing, production planning, and procurement experience in the government contracting and commercial integrator/OEM environments. 10 years direct consulting in implementing projects for clients nationwide in material management applications. 12 years direct buying experience in goods and services of various electronic components such as capicitors, resistors, IC's, power supplies, transformers, computer equipment, software, cable, wire, chassis, name plates, PCB's, etc.
Skills : Resource Development, General Fund Development, Grant Writing, Donor Relations, Microsoft Office.
- Researched market to gather information related to raw materials available as well as substitutes and their costs.
- Investigated lists of vendors on the market, appropriate for firm and selected optimum for production.
- Located supply sources on the global market and built sound relationships with vendors and suppliers Project purchasing agent for engineering department to attain new project purchased components and raw material information and set up item standards in manufacturing system Analyzed and monitored sales records, trends and economic condition to anticipate customer buying patterns as well as determining what company would sell and how much inventory is needed to maintain customer service.
- Coordinated with various departments and perform all capacity planning activities in facility.
- Performed supplier evaluations based on total performance (quality, technology, service and cost) for the companies requirements.
- Determined forecast parameters (by part number), MPS parameters, auto parameters, minimum order/production quantities and production/order multiples.
- Focused on cost reduction and continuous process improvement, accomplished cost reduction in dry Ice, reduced monthly supplies by both transportation and machining cost was reduced by $6000 every two months by changing suppliers, changed outsource supplier for both paint and nickel plating by $28 per part cost reduction.
- Gave the customer a price reduction and increased RIO.
Senior Purchasing Agent II Resume
Headline : Job growth and career development. To learn new skills and new things. To aid in the development of both professionally and personally. serves as the warranted senior contracting official awarding highly technical structural and mechanical systems in support of power plant operations, major historical renovation and restoration projects of large occupied office buildings
Skills : Microsoft Office, , SAP, Accpac, GEAC Smartstream.
- Purchased production materials for OEM and developer of high tech fiber optic test equipment.
- Held accountable for over $30 million in annual purchases of over 1000 electronic and mechanical components.
- Generated saving of over $2 million in costs and cost avoidance through extensive negotiating, resourcing and competitive bidding.
- Reduced order-processing costs and eliminated 99% of hardware shortages by creating and maintaining supplier-managed hardware bin-stock program.
- Decreased excess inventory and commitment dollars by 25% through team efforts in order reductions, rescheduling and negotiations.
- Served with distinction in numerous earlier positons, including: BUYER - Honeywell / Leeds & Northrup, Inc., St.
- Purchased production materials for OEM of industrial instrumentation and measuring devices.
- Held accountable for over $3 million annual purchases of more than 1,400 MRP-generated components.
- Produced cost savings of annually and reduced inventory and commitment dollars by annually.
Senior Purchasing Agent III Resume
Summary : Financial professional with more than 8 years of experience working in Pricing and Financial analysis. Proven track record in analyzing and interpreting large amounts of data, leading cross-functional teams to drive cost reduction initiatives, and enhancing profitability 10%. Successful in negotiating vendor pricing proposals and utilizing forecasting models to dramatically improve executive-level decision making.
Skills : Negotiation, Accounts Payable And Large Scale Purchasing Methods.
- Verified purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list and clarified unclear items.
- Forwarded available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Obtained purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitored and expediting orders.
- Kept information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provided purchasing planning and control information by collecting analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
- Organized procurement records such as items purchased costs delivery product quality subcontractor performance and inventories.
- Produced and maintained buyout schedules; collected and analyzed bid proposals.
- Prepared bid comparison reports for review by the Purchasing Manager.
- Negotiated purchases to ensure lowest cost consistent with company standards for quality products.
Asst. Senior Purchasing Agent Resume
Objective : Well-qualified manager with multiple years experience in Procurement and Supply Chain Management. This includes Purchasing Management, Product Management, Sales, Strategic Sourcing, Logistics and Inventory Control. Responsibilities included Problem Resolution and Customer Satisfaction.
Skills : Inventory Management, Excel And Outlook.
- Purchased parts and expendables for maintenance and upkeep related to aircraft.
- Accurately accounted for all purchases and freight charges.
- Maintained and provided necessary electronic and/or hard copy forms in a complete and accurate manner.
- Organized and prioritized daily workload to ensure efficient and effective purchasing to meet the site demands.
- Ensured process and procedures for purchasing are consistent with Purchasing Department requirements.
- Ensured purchases made on behalf of the company are done in a cost effective manner by obtaining 3 vendor quotes.
- Ensured aircraft product purchases have necessary certification for material type.
- Followed up with vendor purchase to ensure delivery times are being met.
Associate Senior Purchasing Agent Resume
Headline : Highly motivated, organized and skillful purchasing professional with over 30 year's experience in high volume, fast-paced environments. Particularly strong in contract negotiations, vendor management, inventory reduction, waste management and quality control within a high-tech manufacturing environment.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Management.
- Mentors, evaluates performance and create yearly development plans.
- Establishes and manages the entire purchasing life cycle process from Requisition through Purchase Order Close.
- Aggressively negotiates contracts with suppliers, consistently achieving pricing, billing and delivery terms most beneficial to the company.
- Coordinates with manufacturing to increase efficiency and decrease waste by receiving goods only as they are needed in the production process, thereby reducing inventory costs (JIT).
- Optimizes Supply Chain by consolidating key suppliers, resulting in more efficient and cost effective inventory management.
- Works closely with production planning for MRP requirements.
- Maintains all relevant information in ERP.
- Collaborates with Engineering to define requirements, source potential suppliers, evaluate pricing, etc.
Senior Purchasing Agent/Consultant Resume
Summary : A position in purchasing that would allow to prove that accept the opportunities afforded. Focused and proactive purchasing professional with experience in developing process improvement plans which result in cost savings, process efficiency gains and increased customer satisfaction levels. Skilled in conducting strategic negotiations, supplier selection while proactively evaluating corporate needs and establishing guidelines for improving the tracking of purchasing spend.
Skills : Construction Estimating, Facility Management.
- Responsible for purchasing parts needed to build machinery, and parts for service jobs needed.
- Worked closely with sales to get updated cost for new requiements; update computer with pricing.
- Responsible for filling material requisitions, recording purchases and accounting for all purchases via an inventory control policy.
- Worked closely with existing and new vendor to insure strong relationships.
- Worked on several cost reduction projects that have proven to save the company money.
- Worked closely with production to insure updated information for delivery.
- Helped with the training of new personnel to show them all aspects of purchasing and offer insight to most efficient way to accomplish tasks and goals.
Senior Purchasing Agent Resume
Summary : A challenging, growth-oriented opportunity in Purchasing/Inventory/Project Management. Seeking a position as a buyer / planner / expeditor in a growth-oriented company with opportunity for increasing responsibility and advancement.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Managed purchases and sourcing strategies in numerous categories, including IT, Research and Development, Executive Officers, Legal and Human Resources, handling over 50 internal customers.
- Responsible for purchasing goods and services, management of personnel, developing RFPs and KPIs, tracking savings versus goals, managing internal customers, cross-functional teams, and negotiating contracts.
- Implemented and supervised managed staffing program that achieved $2M cost savings and nominated for Presidential Award.
- Utilized change management skills while centralizing all functions of purchasing department.
- Obtained $900K cost savings per year by implementing and managing FedEx Ground Program.
- Received Presidential Award for exemplary performance.
- Increased quality by training and managing 3 Administrative Assistants and Purchasing Agent.
- Raised customer satisfaction by training customers in use of purchasing techniques, process improvements, and compliance.
- Introduced telecommunications cost savings project which yielded $200K savings / year.