Junior Substance Abuse Counselor Resume
Objective : Motivated certified substance abuse counselor - 3 years of experience in medication-assisted treatment. Accustomed to ensuring patient confidentiality, providing individual and group counseling, contributing to ongoing assessment, treatment planning, with the use of evidenced-based practices. To further my career in substance abuse counseling/ mental health by use of my years of experience, and trainings or to begin a new direction within the medical field.
Skills : Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Methasoft, Pretrial Community Corrections, Report Preparation, Written Correspondence, General Office, Computer Proficient
- Provided case management and substance abuse counseling to 55 + individuals with opiate use disorder.
- Determined patient program eligibility using patient initial screening application and face to face interview.
- Monitored patient intensive 90 day induction period, medication dose adjustments, licit/illicit drug use.
- Secured information pertaining to patient's physical, psychological, substance abuse, residence, employment and social factors contributing to the patients need for an opiate dependency treatment.
- Conducted patient psychosocial to determine the patient level of care and need for outside community resources.
- Referred patients for community support/outside treatment, medical providers.
- Identified patient strengths, needs, abilities and treatment preferences.
- Developed person-centered individualized services plan designed to meet the needs and preferences of the patient.
Bachelors of Science
Substance Abuse Counselor Resume
Headline : Accomplished and energetic Substance Abuse Counselor with a solid history of achievement in social services. Motivated leader with strong organizational and prioritization abilities. To obtain a Case Manager/Social Service/Human Resources position that challenges my personal and professional skills and experience. To make a significant and positive impact in the field of customer service by securing a long-term position within a corporation dedicated to providing excellent customer service and communication skills to our consumers.
Skills : Addiction Clearance, Effective Listening With Intent, Conflict Resolution, Communication, Detail-Oriented, Goal-oriented, Adaptable, Compassionate, Team Player, Documentation
- Maintained and accurately managed more than 50 individual records each month.
- Screened and assessed clients during intake process while briefly orienting clients to the program and of their rights.
- Counseled, educated, and advised individuals with opioid dependency/addiction as well as other substances of abuse.
- Developed regular and effective treatment plans for a caseload of more than 50 clients.
- Documented progress notes for each contact with the client or information regarding the client's case.
- Practiced motivational interviewing as a preferred method of building rapport with clients and providing positive direction as well as other methods such as cognitive-behavioral treatment and dialectal behavior treatment.
- Encouraged clients to become engaged and to actively participate in their treatment and recovery efforts.
- Assisted over 130 clients over a three (3) year period in understanding and implementing the necessary changes to overcome their addiction and substance use and adjust to a sustainable life in recovery.
- Created personal folders for clients tapering or planning to taper from methadone maintenance treatment to establish a healthy after-care plan to prevent relapse.
Masters of Education
Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor Resume
Summary : Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor with 15+ years of experience specializing in admission assessments, ASI assessments, Motivational Interviewing techniques, education, and therapeutic person-centered treatment plans. Professional, creative and flexible with proven analytical skills. Diversified skills including client relations across multiple cultures, placement into a high level of care, mobile crisis emergent services, and medical administrative support.
Skills : Case Management, Individual & Group Counseling, Medical Record Review & Documentation, Patient Assessment, Patient Care Planning, Discharge Planning, Behavioral Therapy
- Hired to provide direct care for patients with psychiatric and substance abuse conditions.
- Accountable for a group, individual/family sessions, treatment planning, discharge planning, and meticulous documentation.
- Responsible for establishing groups and working with the patient, family, physicians, courts, probation & parole, internal departments, and referral parties to support and coordinate treatment and discharge planning.
- Collaborating with physicians and other health team members to develop the patient plan of care based on on-going patient assessment.
- Effectively demonstrating the mission, vision, and values of the center on a daily basis.
- Facilitating treatment including education on the disease of addiction, application, and practice of coping skills, planning for relapse prevention and development of life skills.
- Successfully developed and maintained a therapeutic environment within the groups, encouraging open communication.
- Providing individuals with referrals for addiction services, anger management, work programs therapy psychiatrist and psychologist.
Master Of Science
Substance Abuse Counselor Tech Resume
Summary : Service driven Substance Abuse Counselor Tech with a strong work ethic looking for long term employment with an agency that will benefit from my 11 years of experience in counseling with persons diagnosed with substance use and mental health disorders. Adaptable and efficient in work situations with changing responsibilities. A natural communicator with excellent interpersonal, and communication skills in English and Spanish to work with client's and co-workers, adapt in working within a variety of settings.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Personal Ethical Conduct, Therapeutic Environment, Child, Adolescent & Adult Counseling, Residential Programs, Support Group, Organization, Ongoing Evaluation, Substance Abuse
- Working closely with a multidisciplinary team to deliver and coordinate substance abuse treatment and counseling services while assessing for mental health, recreational, educational and other supportive activities for program participants.
- Providing individual and group counseling to maintenance patients as outlined by state and federal guidelines.
- Maintaining an assigned caseload of approximately 50 patients and provide case management.
- Maintaining therapeutic contact with medication-assisted patient caseload during their stay in the treatment program.
- Developing person-centered treatment plans along with behavior contracts for high-risk patients to address barriers to treatment.
- Participating in professional development training throughout the year including participation in safety training.
- Adhering to all state, federal and program regulations, and procedures regarding methadone treatment.
- Referring patients on an as-needed basis to other community services such as AA, NA and other identified support services.
Bachelors of Science
Substance Abuse Counselor / Correctional Coordinator Resume
Summary : A dynamic and dedicated Substance Abuse Counselor/ Correctional Coordinator with extensive experience in the substance abuse field as a professional, poised to utilize gained knowledge and skills in client's services and administration. To contribute positively to an organization that can benefit from my experience.
Skills : Acceptance And Commitment Therapy, Alcoholics Anonymous, Twelve Steps, Microsoft, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Group Facilitation, Group Therapy, Counseling, Teaching
- Conducting community substance abuse prevention programs for targeted groups, such as at-risk youth age 13 to 18.
- Responsible for the implementation of a federal grant implementing leadership resiliency program, communities mobilizing for change on alcohol, and class action curriculum.
- Meeting with individuals, families, and groups in the clinic, home, schools, jails, and community settings to develop client-centered service plans.
- Conducting assessments of clients with substance abuse concerns and developing treatment plans for clients.
- Providing outpatient counseling on an individual/group basis to assist clients in understanding their problems and developing plans to resolve them.
- Working with clients' families to secure their cooperation in programs, advising clients on available community resources and serving as a liaison with organizations and service agencies.
- Making referrals and other arrangements for client treatment and service, as necessary, preparing and presenting progress reports on assigned cases.
- Cooperating with professionals from other disciplines in the development of the team and collaborative diagnoses and counseling programs.
- Developing recommendations to mitigate client problems and follows-up with clients and their families to assess progress.
Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor Resume
Summary : Team-oriented Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor with a strong track record of establishing solid relationships with Clients, co-workers, administration and local agencies. Seeking employment that allows me to grow professionally while being able to utilize my skills for the betterment of the organization with the best use of my dedication, determination, and resourcefulness. Seeking a challenging position in which I may utilize my organizational, administrative, and case management skills, in either an independent or team environment with growth potential.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Quickbooks, Excel, EKG, Phlebotomy, Billing, Cash Handling, Data Entry, Medical Records, Transcription
- Interviewing clients, reviewing records, and conferring with other professionals.
- Counseling clients' in-group or individual sessions to help them to cope with any abuse problems.
- Counseling and helping family members to aid them in dealing with, supporting, and understanding the patient.
- Monitoring, evaluating, and recording client progress with that of treatment goals.
- Collaborating with nurses, physicians, and counselors to coordinate and plan treatment.
- Planning and conducting programs to combat social difficulties, prevent substance abuse, or improve counseling and health.
- Referring to the patients, clients, or families to community resources available for treatment or housing.
- Supervising and directing other workers providing services to patients.
- Investigating substance abuse referrals, crisis intervention, assessing, monitoring providing services to parents involved with DYFs due to substance abuse issues.
Bachelors of Science
Substance Abuse Counselor Resume
Summary : Substance Abuse Counselor- Social Worker with superior communication, multi-tasking, problem-solving, and organizational skills. A personable and hardworking team member who always maintains a positive attitude. Maintain outstanding critical thinking skills to better assist clients and their families. Capable of effectively conversing with people of all ages in a variety of situations. Supportive and open-minded of new ideas and practices. Ability to collaborate with clients, co-workers and outside agencies to achieve desired outcomes.
Skills : Substance Abuse Counseling, Case Management, Mental Health Crisis, Intervention Program Coordination, Job Development, Group Counseling
- Completing assessments, service plans, mental health assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, discharge summaries, and additional paperwork.
- Meeting with clients with frequencies that align with program plan and results of mental health assessment for individual, family and/or group counseling sessions.
- Meeting with the client's biological/legal guardian and or significant other during the intake and throughout treatment to evaluate the client and family's need for services and engage guardians/families in the treatment process.
- Providing care coordination resources, facilitating group counseling for level l outpatient and level ll intensive outpatient services, to develop coping skills and positive pro-social behaviors.
- Participating in individual clinical supervision and counseling team meetings as scheduled and deemed appropriate by supervisor.
- Performing crisis intervention services as needed and referral linkage within the client's community when appropriate.
- Utilizing placement tools ASAM criteria to assist in client treatment coordination secure agreements when feasible for referral sources and document referrals made/accepted.
- Performing all duties associated with day-to-day teachings, modeling, and guidance of youth/adults, including implementation of each client's treatment plan.
Masters Of Health Science
Substance Abuse Counselor Resume
Summary : Highly dedicated, motivated, energetic Program Manager/Substance Abuse Counselor, passionate working with individuals, groups, families, and children. Motivated professional seeking the opportunity to work in a setting where I can gain experience and demonstrate my capabilities as a clinical assistant, counselor, case manager or advocate establishing solid relationships, motivating, communicating, and providing the adequate services to at-risk or vulnerable populations and their families.
Skills : Individual Counseling, DSM IV Consultation, Housing Case Management, Customer Service, Administrative, Office Management
- Conducted substance abuse evaluations and treatment recommendations to individuals referred from the division of youth and family services, engaged in clinical case conferencing with workers and supervisors.
- Maintained accurate records to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Prepared patient progress notes and completed release package for probation.
- Taught substance abuse, relapse prevention, anger management, employment skills, parenting, and relationship classes three hours daily.
- Provided paperwork to physicians, courts, probation, parole, and referral sources.
- Led groups in the areas of substance abuse education and recovery-related topics.
- Consulted with outside professionals and in-house treatment team to assure quality care for clients with addiction problems and mental disorders.
- Coordinated services for client care and implement immediate courses of actions appropriate to crises.
Masters of Arts
Sr. Substance Abuse Counselor Resume
Objective : Masters prepared Full-time, Substance Abuse Counselor with experience in Social Work searching for a professional career opportunity that highlights my strengths and encourages professional growth. Seeking a challenging position in a fast-paced environment where my social work skills and experiences can be utilized.
Skills : Knowledge Of Dual Disorders, Group Process And Leadership, Motivational Interviewing, Relapse Prevention, Substance Abuse Counseling
- Working with patients to complete all intake, admission, discharge and transfer paperwork.
- Documenting patient progress through counseling and interaction through groups.
- Completing patient psychological and an individualized treatment plan within the required time frame.
- Identifying any clinical/case management needs and works to address those needs.
- Performing at least 20 hours of direct one-on-one patient contact per week through individual or group counseling.
- Educating patients in all aspects of treatment including corresponding health issues.
- Coordinating and cooperating with local agencies and organizations to expedite treatment.
- Maintaining a therapeutic setting tailored to the individual needs of each group or client.
- Maintaining clinical and administration documentation for assigned residents as prescribed by agency policy and procedure and by governing law.
Masters Of Social Work
Substance Abuse Counselor Resume
Summary : Substance Abuse Counselor with a Master degree in addiction counseling. Over seven years of experience working in the clinical field, the Family Court System, and children's education. Outstanding counseling skills, as well as years of cognitive behavioral and motivational interviewing experience. To acquire a profession with upward mobility opportunities that will allow me to use my skills in human relations, conflict resolution, communication, and leadership.
Skills : Substance Abuse Counseling, Dual Diagnosis, Counseling, Performing Psychology Assessments, Program Management, Clinical Evaluation, Detox Support, Treatment Planning, Crisis Intervention, Case Management
- Cultivating clients diagnosed with addictive disease disorders by increasing their skills, exploring and recognizing their talents, building self-esteem leading to interpersonal growth and confidence during the residential treatment program by providing substance abuse education/treatment.
- Maintaining an individual client caseload of 8-10 women with minor children in inpatient residence as well as providing outpatient therapeutic services.
- Completing required daily documentation efficiently and on time including co-occurring treatment, reviewing biopsychosocial ASAM certification forms weekly summaries and complete discharge documentation as needed.
- Contributing to weekly treatment team staffing collaborating with colleagues to ensure the strongest treatment plan for each patient.
- Conducting individual and group counseling sessions implementing behavior management systems and conducting crisis intervention counseling as necessary.
- Assisting in implementing programs to improve patient retention and patient success in treatment.
- Assisting clients in meeting short-term goals through individual and group therapy sessions.
- Communicating with external organizations, social workers and others regarding the patient's benefits and resources.
Master Of Science