Bus Operator Resume
Headline : Bus Operator with over six years of experience training staff and conducting safety-related and customer relation activities. Seasoned with managing operational procedures, instructional positions, customer service training, and compliance duties. To obtain a position within a company to utilize my skills and enhance my commercial driving abilities.
Skills : Forklift Trained, Excellent Driving, Safety, And Attendance Record
- Drove and operated a commercial passenger bus, transporting passengers to and from scheduled stops.
- Conducted routine bus inspections of assigned vehicle before and after the daily run in conformance with all applicable safety and operating procedures.
- Prepared and submitted accident and incident report in a timely manner utilizing proper forms and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Collected proper fares and validated passes and identification cards, utilizing electronic fare registering and collection equipment.
- Courteously provided schedule, route, and fare information to passengers seeking assistance.
- Operated wheelchair lifts or scooters and secure equipment of affected passengers in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Assisted disabled passengers in boarding, riding, and alighting in a safe manner.
- Used 2-way radio to communicate with Bus Operations Central Control (BOCC).
High School Diploma
Coach Bus Operator Resume
Summary : Punctual and efficient Coach Bus Operator seeks a position as part of a team with opportunities for professional growth and development. Motivated to provide prompt, friendly and professional service at all times. Highlights include Defensive driving, Great attitude, Customer-oriented, Current CDL license, Air Brake Certification, First Aid certified, Safe driver, Map reading and navigation skills.
Skills : Highly Dependable, Excellent Attention To Details, Customer Oriented. Fast Learner, Great Attitude, CDL Class B, Passenger/Air Brake Endorsements
- Memorizing routes, transfer points, and fare structures for all lines assigned divisions.
- Performing a complete pre-pull-out inspection of bus, safety checks equipment, and informs mechanic when adjustments or repairs are necessary.
- Referring to and implementing route maps, time schedules, and instructions for pull-outs, line service, pull-ins, and off-route trips.
- Collecting and counting fares, issuing transfer tickets, and transporting passengers on public transit buses.
- Providing schedule, route, and fare information to passengers seeking assistance.
- Operating wheelchair lift and assisting the passengers with disabilities in boarding, riding, and alighting in a safe manner which may include pushing a wheelchair up & down the ramp.
- Securing wheelchairs of passengers with disabilities and clearly communicates the action being taken.
- Receiving and transmitting two-way radio messages involving accidents, emergencies, criminal activities, or other authorized metro business.
Senior Bus Operator Resume
Summary : Senior Bus Operator with 8 plus years of expertise in customers service, operates public transportation, learning bus schedules, and ensure the safety of the passenger. To obtain a long-term position with a progressive organization where I may utilize existing knowledge and experience.
Skills : Mechanically Inclined, Construction Background, And Customer Service, CA Commercial Class B License With Passenger And Air Brake Endorsements
- Transporting people between various places including, work, school, shopping malls.
- Driving regular routes, and other transport passengers on chartered trips.
- Driving a range of vehicles, from 15-passenger buses to 60-foot articulated buses (with two connected sections) that can carry more than 100 passengers.
- Picking up and dropping off passengers at designated locations, following a planned route according to a time schedule.
- Keeping passengers informed of possible delays, local transit following a daily schedule while transporting people on regular routes along city or suburban streets.
- Stopping frequently, often every few blocks and when a passenger requests a stop.
- Collecting bus fares, sometimes making a change for passengers, answering questions about schedules, routes, and transfer points.
- Reporting accidents or other traffic disruptions to a central dispatcher, and following directions when using an alternate route.
Transit Bus Operator Resume
Headline : Class A CDL Transit Bus Operator with P, S endorsements, Serves as a vital role in supporting the Army missions and operations. Solutions-focused diligent self-starter seeking to contribute management expertise toward supporting a progressive organization in optimizing performance. Calm demeanor in the face of difficulties; ability to manage multiple projects while working under pressure in fast-paced environments. Highly versatile; adapt at quickly mastering new roles and responsibilities. Reputation for integrity, perseverance, and work ethic.
Skills : Drivers Training Instructor, Supervisor/Site Lead, DMV Third Party Tester
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of buses in the transport of passengers, exercising sound judgment with respect to emergencies which may arise.
- Followed a designated route to transport and drop off passengers at different locations; while following a predetermined route on a timed schedule, special events, charters, and school routes.
- Replied to passengers' queries regarding schedule, routes, and transfer points.
- Greeted passengers, collected fares, issued trip tickets and resolved fare dispute.
- Assisted passengers, such as elderly or disabled individuals, on and off the bus, ensured they were seated properly, helped with the bags on and off the bus at the assigned stops, and assured the disabled passenger were properly secured in all bus restraints for safe transporting before leaving the location.
- Reported delays or accidents, handled passenger disruptions in a professional matter.
- Performed basic maintenance checks and services on vehicle and report any discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Kept in radio contact with dispatcher to report any problems on the route such as bad road conditions, emergencies, and participated in the "radio alert program."
High School Diploma
Bus Operator/Service Resume
Headline : Detail oriented, hardworking, and responsible Bus Operator/Service that has 6 years of experience. Dedicated and trustworthy to perform the necessary tasks that are needed all the time, every time. Seeking a challenging and growth oriented position, where I can offer positive contributions utilizing my experience, excellent attitude, and ability, to the benefit of my employer and myself.
Skills : CDL Class B, Passenger/Air Brake Endorsements, Customer Service, Set Up/Tear Down Equipment, Cleanliness/Sanitation, Equipment Maintenance
- Driving Google employees from various bus stop throughout the bay area to Google headquarters.
- Driving Google employees back to at least six different bus stops throughout the city.
- Conducting routine pre-trip and post-trip inspections and ensured safe vehicle operation.
- Interacting and responding to passenger requests and situations in a friendly, professional and courteous manner.
- Assisting passengers boarding, exiting the vehicle and loading/unloading passenger baggage.
- Demonstrating the ability to handle stressful circumstances which included: extreme weather, heavy traffic, or dissatisfied and unreasonable passengers.
- Reporting any dangerous conditions that could jeopardize the safety of the passenger or other members of the public.
- Examining bus to ensure its proper mechanical operation, including a review of all safety features.
- Greeting, assisting and transporting the bus patrons with professionalism and respect.
Transportation /Charter Bus Operator Resume
Summary : Highly enthusiastic Transportation /Charter Bus Operator with 10 plus years client interface experience. Safety-conscious Bus Operator, familiar with DOT and IATA regulations. To obtain a full-time position that will enable me to perform and provide a significant contribution in a fast-paced, high volume work environment for professional career growth.
Skills : Multi-Tasking, Inventory Quality Control, Organizational, Prioritizing, Communication, Customer Service, Detail Oriented, Team Member
- Operated a passenger bus while maintaining a timely set schedule for all designated and assigned route stops.
- Completed inspections: pre-trip/post-trip/fluid inspections by using Zonar.
- Adhered to driver rules, company policies & procedures, FTA/DOT requirements.
- Explained bus routes, stops, and fares to passengers in a courteous and appropriate manner.
- Assisted passengers entering and exiting the bus by using any securement devices as needed or required.
- Checked for any damages and notified mechanics of fueling needs and any concern of a needed bus repair.
- Promoted an image of professional, courteous service as a representative of the eastern panhandle transit authority with proper bus operations attire required.
- Observed speed limits and obey all rules of the road as described by the secretary of state.
- Documented thoroughly the course of the day including odometer readings, times, and passenger information.
Shuttle Bus Operator Resume
Summary : A professional Class B CDL driver for over 15 years. Has experience driving motorcoach and transit buses. Service-driven professional with extensive experience in customer service, communication skills courteous demeanor with an energetic attitude. Ability to read and understand written and verbal communication with the attention of being punctual and meticulous.
Skills : Self Motivated, Critical Thinking, Proficiency With Information And Team Work, Forklift Experience, Driving CDL B Vehicle. Pallet Jack Certified
- Operating vehicles safely, especially when traffic is heavier than normal.
- Reporting to assigned terminal or garage, stock up on tickets or transfers and prepare trip report forms.
- Checking vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, and water supply before beginning routes.
- Verifying that the bus has safety equipment, such as fire extinguishers, first aid kits, and emergency reflectors in case of an emergency.
- Transporting students and faculty to special events, such as field trips or sporting events.
- Picking up and dropping students at stops along established routes and dropped them off at school.
- Complying with traffic regulations to ensure that passengers experience a safe, smooth ride.
- Completing knowledge regarding the highway and public transportation rules and regulations.
- Providing safe, courteous and comfortable transportation for guest to and from pre-determined destinations assigned by the county.
Transit Bus Operator Resume
Summary : Transit Bus Operator having 16 years of experience, including as a Bus Operator in industries including Transportation by Local and Suburban Transit and Interurban Highway, Passenger Transportation, and Health Services. To obtain a position that will allow me to incorporate my current skills with new skills set to benefit your company.
Skills : CDL Class, A/P Endorsement, Regional, And Local, Excellent Attendance, Excellent Driving Record, Road And Customer Courtesy, Daily Pre-trip And Inspection
- Delivered safe, courteous and timely transportation for patrons of all ages to various destinations.
- Provided patrons and trainees with information on DOT safety procedures and precautions.
- Assisted patrons with special needs by lifting, storing, setting up/breaking down ambulatory devices.
- Kept dispatch informed of all transportation complications and accidents.
- Demonstrated courtesy and professionalism to all patrons and team members.
- Completed various forms such as route sheets, accident reports, and pre-trip forms.
- Complied with traffic regulations to ensure that passengers experience a safe, smooth ride.
- Completed knowledge regarding the highway and public transportation rules and regulations.
- Obtained signatures needed to complete and process all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Presented customers with receipts and collected payments for fare price operated motor vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
Transportation /Charter Bus Operator Resume
Objective : Transportation /Charter Bus Operator with more than 4 plus years' successful experience in customer service and support with recognized strengths in transportation management. Involved in customer assistance and troubleshooting traffic conditions, bus routes and schedules. Prepares incident reports as required. Plans and implements proactive procedures and systems to avoid problems in the first place. Seeking a position within a company that will utilize my Transport and customer service skills, As well as provides training and Advancement opportunities to ensure the company's success.
Skills : Accurate Record Log, Maintenance, Safety Procedures, Patron Support And Assistance, Defensive Driving, Safe Couple/uncouple Procedures
- Providing safe, courteous and on-time transportation to the general public.
- Following all schedules & routes in a courteous and timely fashion and assisting the customers with accurate information for transfers and destination points.
- Responsible to ensure that qualified federal employees are appropriately utilizing shuttle service and reporting any variations to the chain of command.
- Responsible to adhere and follow the appropriate security entry regulations when entering and departing all military and/or federal properties.
- Maintaining records required for compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Retained valid proof of insurance and registration in the vehicle at all times.
- Driving and operating the bus in a safe manner to not only ensure the safety of the passengers but the other motorists on the road.
- Collecting fares, answering questions about schedules, routes, and transfer points, and sometimes announcing stops.
GED in General Studies
Shuttle Bus Operator Resume
Objective : Self-motivated Shuttle Bus Operator capable of effectively functioning with minimum supervision. Bus Operator who develops a plan, and configures route schedules to maintain connections in an efficient manner. Reduced customer complaints from 19% to 0%.on key bus routes. Increased company morale to one of its highest levels. Proactive planning led to the more efficient operation of the bus route. Created a customer satisfaction survey, drastically reducing potential problems.
Skills : Hazmat, Tanker, Air Brake, Passenger, TSA Background Clearance, X Endorsement, Customer Service
- Drove vehicles over specified routes or to specified destinations according to time schedules, complying with traffic regulations.
- Responsible for the safe transportation of school children to and from schools, and field trips.
- Operated the bus safely and carefully in compliance with traffic regulations.
- Transport3e students following a route according to a definite time schedule.
- Utilized my customer service background and skills to communicate with passengers and potential bus riders.
- Interacted and communicate with people with a variety of disabilities by boarding wheelchairs and announcing major intersections and connections per ADA regulations.
- Performed a complete visual safety check of each bus driven on a daily basis, completing daily pre and post trip checklists.
- Reported delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
GED in General Studies