Director Of Internal Audit Resume
Headline : Experienced professional with over 20 years hands-on experience in Banking Regulatory Compliance Initiatives, Audit, Fraud and Enterprise Risk Assessment, Investigations, and rich international exposure. Strengths include executing regulatory compliance initiatives covering Wholesale Banking, Capital Markets, Securities and International Regulatory Oversight, Consumer and Securities Protection Programs, Dodd-Frank Section 7 and 12, Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC), Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), National Futures Association (NFA), Federal Reserve Board (FRB), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), and Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
Skills : Regulatory Compliance, Management.
- Established and maintained first-ever in-house Internal Audit Function: Saved several millions of dollars annually: Created and implemented the first Internal Audit Charter approved by Audit Committee/Board of Directors Designed, developed, and implemented internal audit process, policies, procedures methodologies, documentation standards.
- Hired, trained and supervised over five subordinates audit staff, and interns.
- Planned, prepared, and executed risk-based assurance audits (financial, operational, and IT Saved 7.1m within 5 years: Conducted company-wide risk assessment annually (2007-2012): Identified and prioritized 10 top risks areas each year and advised management/audit committee on mitigating controls.
- Executed, at least 8 assurance audit engagements annually.
- Performed Airport/Ground Operations/cost audit: Identified over $3m cost-saving opportunities on labor and flight catering.
- Audited non-rotatable aircraft inventory/fixed assets: Identified $1.5m misclassified parts/recommended mitigating controls.
- Audited aircraft maintenance process/cost: Identified over $1.3m overbilled by vendors for material and labor costs.
Sr. Director Of Internal Audit Resume
Summary : Highly qualified Director Of Internal Audit with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and would excel in the collaborative environment on which company prides itself.
Skills : Financial Audit, Business Process Design, Business Process Improvement.
Implemented real-time audit analytics tool with business units to improve fraud detection and reduce process defects.
- Responsible for investigating and evaluating internal practices and procedures to ensure accuracy and compliance with agency and governmental entity guidelines and regulations.
- Extensively researched in issues regarding compliance with the Department of Education, multi-state laws and national accrediting bodies Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) and Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT) to make recommendations for improvement of policies and procedures accordingly.
- Designed processes and system improvements to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Supervised of two direct reports and worked with management staff at all campuses.
- Established Internal Audit Department for Daymar Colleges Group, Inc.(18 main/branch campuses throughout Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana and Ohio), including the creation of department job positions, policies, procedures and audit evaluations.
- Successfully implemented a withdrawal procedure that brought the institution into compliance regarding the timely return of Title IV funds.
- Adopted client-oriented approach, fostering stronger relationships with potential audit clients.
Jr. Director Of Internal Audit Resume
Objective : Extensive and proven track record of leading organizations through change with an emphasis driving value by reducing complexity, eliminating waste and focusing on the objectives of the business.
Skills : Auditing, Risk Management, Investigations, Compliance, Ethics, SOX.
- Recruited to this worldwide entrepreneurial leader in the design, manufacturing, and marketing of medical devices to establish the global internal audit function reporting directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and the CFO.
- Promoted into roles of higher responsibility to include legal and security functions reporting to the General Legal Counsel and Head of Regulatory Affairs.
- Developed and implemented a risk based rotational global audit plan for 15 locations including operational, financial, information systems and forensic audits.
- Performed and managed audits and presented significant findings and recommendations.
- Realized cost savings and recoveries of over $15M.
- Responsible for the implementation and management of the Company's Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance program.
- Successfully minimized the cost of SOX compliance by reducing the number of key controls and standardizing control procedures across business lines and entities.
- Management and leadership of SOX compliance team efforts resulted in only 4 significant deficiencies in the first year of compliance and zero significant deficiencies with no material weaknesses in either year.
- Coordinated with the public accountants to minimize external audit fees and maximize overall audit effectiveness.
Director Of Internal Audit I Resume
Objective : Audit, controls, and risk management professional. Experience includes the following: Valued operational risk management advisor. Established the Internal Audit function for a newly public company. Expert at the process required to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Proficient with COSO's Internal Controls Integrated Framework.
Skills : Accounting, Medical Coding CPC-A, Auditing.
- Established K12's Internal Audit department to support the company's IPO and listing on the Stock Exchange.
- Created an Internal Audit Charter.
- Developed a risk-based Internal Audit plan.
- As a direct report of the audit committee of the Board of Directors, required to present audit results and Sarbanes-Oxley status at quarterly meetings of the audit committee.
- Hired a staff of three professionals to conduct financial, compliance, and operational audits.
- Performed followed the Institute of Internal Auditors' Professional Practices framework.
- Directed K12's Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance effort.
- Used a risk-based methodology to identify scope for the SOX effort.
Director Of Internal Audit II Resume
Headline : Reporting to the Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, the Director of Internal Investigations will be responsible for monitoring and overseeing all allegations of misconduct reported to the AES.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, Weblink Software, Point Click Care software.
- Reported to the Chairman of the Audit Committee, and the Board of Directors Developing and executing robust end-to-end risk management coverage of all aspects of capital planning sub-processes within the Finance Division, Capital Markets, Treasury and Custody.
- Tested of the Company's liquidity scenario to measure the approach to mitigate operational, financial and reputational risk.
- Ensured that risk identification and assessment is comprehensive and standardized and properly incorporated into capital planning sub-processes.
- Validated that the estimation methodologies for risk, losses, revenues and expenses are effective, well supported and materially accurate based on reliable and valid data.
- Reviewed internal controls including policies and procedures, data integrity, change management, methodologies, reconciliations and quality controls and assurances.
- Evaluated the effectiveness of governance in place for capital planning.
- Facilitated an effective resolution of all MRA/MRIAs, self-identified and Internal Audit issues opened for capital planning sub-processes.
- Performed independent reviews of selected areas that require more complex analysis than normal internal control testing.
Director Of Internal Audit III Resume
Summary : Over 20+ years of international finance and auditing experience. Worked within the requirements of both International and GAAP accounting standards in finance/accounting positions within companies. Experience providing SOX 404 compliance consulting services as Director of Internal Audit for a major mining company.
Skills : CPA, Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO, COBIT, Internal Controls,.
- Recruited to implement and manage all phases of SOX 404, including testing, remediation, process standardization and process improvement.
- Integrated newly acquired Canadian subsidiary into SOX Internal Control over Financial Reporting into the corporate model under US COSO framework in the first year, managing an internal team of five and managing third party Audit teams engaged to assist with finance and IT control activities.
- Created and standardized process documentation for all financial reporting related processes: including risk assessment, creation of narratives, control analysis, and flow charts.
- Reduced the number of key controls tested by 20% while maintaining the same risk coverage.
- Performed and reviewed effectiveness testing on all SOX process control areas, including a review of IT controls.
- Fully automated and integrated all SOX activities into a SharePoint platform.
- Managed internal control remediation, corporate compliance, and fraud prevention.
Asst. Director Of Internal Audit Resume
Objective : Primary responsibility of position is to lead a department whose purpose is to provide an independent, objective, assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the Companys operations.
Skills : Mergers & Acquisitions, Strategy Development, Financial Modeling.
- Assisted accounts payable department with different aspects such as proper coding of invoices.
- Assisted accounts receivable department, payroll, and income audit as necessary.
- Responsible for monitoring inventories and cash with approximately 20 house banks.
- Reviewed monthly financial statements for approximately 90 departments.
- Participated in reviews of Cart Rental and the Marina which are handled just like Inn Rooms with respect to charges, taxes, and reservations.
- Conducted departmental and payroll audits.
- Assisted with the monthly reconcilement of general ledger accounts.
- Provided reports to senior management based on findings and recommendations during audits.
- Perpetually monitored and audited large capital projects ranging in scope from $1 million to $15 million.
Associate Director Of Internal Audit Resume
Headline : Bachelor of Science graduate with a proven record of success in auditing casinos, hotels, restaurants and banks. Passionate about the protection of company assets and loss prevention techniques through solid internal controls. Persuasive communicator with well-developed presentation to effectively implement measures of improvement. Excellent at planning, coordinating, focusing on details, taking initiative and resolving problems in a streamlined manner.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Banner, IDEA, Management.
- Reported on a monthly basis directly to the Tribal Business Council.
- Responsible for implementing all aspects of the internal audit department as well as conducting the compliance and regulatory audits, providing recommendations and follow up that corrective measures were taken for Casino with 1,800 video slot machines, 1,000 seat bingo hall, 36 poker tables, gaming promotions and complimentary services, cage, drop and count, accounting and information technology.
- Mastered National Indian Gaming Commission minimum internal control standard regulatory requirements.
- Reviewed all policy and procedural updates and suggested additional controls as needed.
- Pinpointed weaknesses and facilitated corrective measures that strengthened controls to protect against losses.
- Originated a written policy and procedural manual to facilitate structured rules and guidelines of operation.
- Led 35 auditors and investigators identifying and mitigating potential business control exposures, addressing both design and execution risks.
Lead Director Of Internal Audit Resume
Summary : Over 25 years of successful experience in internal audit, finance, marketing and customer service. Consistently made significant contributions and have demonstrated sound business judgments, decisiveness, and well developed planning, analytical, and communication skills at consistently high levels of performance in variety of progressively responsible and challenging assignments.
Skills : Internal Audit, Management , Leadership, Crucial Conversations, Crucial Conversations.
- Reports directly to the CEO and to Corporate Compliance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for Evaluation of audits regarding operational, financial, and compliance policies and procedures within numerous departments of the hospital.
- Gives guidance and recommendations for improvement in hospital processes and procedures.
- Assures compliance to State and Federal regulatory agencies and JCAHO as well as professional standards of financial practices such as AHIA, IIA, and AICPA.
- Directs the audit department.
- Develops and plans organizational Workplan based on risk assessment, OIG Workplan, as well as Joint Commission and CMS Focus areas.
- Prepares training as needed.
- Prepares formal written and oral audit reports to management and the Board.
- Reviews and determines areas of risks.
Director Of Internal Audit Resume
Objective : Seasoned Senior-level professional with over 16 years of comprehensive Internal Audit, operations, information technology, and technical/financial experience for retail, media, advertising, education, healthcare, casino, and insurance organizations holding Doctor of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration, and two Bachelor's Degrees (Accounting and Management).
Skills : MS Office, Lawson Financial, Yardi, Citrix.
- Instituted and managed the internal audit start-up function, reporting directly to the audit committee.
- Played key role in developing Sarbanes-Oxley 404 implementation plan and lead compliance efforts.
- Developed and oversight of corporate governance charters, policies and procedures in establishing effective and good corporate governance for audit and compliance committees and internal audit.
- Designed and implemented the company's department-wide approval authority guidelines.
- Developed and instituted a centralized purchasing function including competitive bidding procedures.
- Brought costs under control which resulted in cost savings up to 60%.
- Analyzed policies and processes, interviewed management teams, and identified areas of duplicated effort or inefficient processes.
- Prepared final reports with recommendations.
- Focused on corporate cost structure, operating practices and corporate governance.