Electronics Technician Resume
Summary : 11+ years of experience as an Electronics Technician. Looking for a position in the offshore or manufacturing industry requiring skills and knowledge in industrial automation, pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, mechanics, inspection and troubleshooting. I possess a valid US passport as well as other certifications needed for offshore work as well as certifications for Siemens PLC programming, various ship control systems, and various NOV drilling equipment. Please see attachments for certifications, letters of recommendation and other items of interest.
Skills : Microsoft Office, SAP, Siemens Step7, Electronic Controls Troubleshooting, Fundamental Electronics Maintenance Experience, and Extensive Understanding Of Radio Frequency Principles.
- Assisting in the revitalization and upgrade of the Kullu after long term storage.
- Troubleshooting and repair of IPS SCR drive including phase cell troubleshooting, repair, and rebuild.
- Troubleshooting, repair, replacement, and adjustment of motor-operated valves on bilge and ballast systems.
- Testing, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of hydrocarbon and h2s gas detection and alarm systems as well as smoke and flame detection systems.
- Testing, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of the ballast control system.
- Testing, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of Kongsberg vessel management system.
- Testing, troubleshooting, repair, and calibration of Kongsberg (Sperry) s and x band radar.
- Testing, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of GE converter ac drives.
- Testing, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of GE converter 11kv switchboards.
- Utilizing siemens step7 software to troubleshoot and upgrade (make program changes to) siemens s7-300 and s7-400 controllers used on various drilling equipment and other equipment on the vessel such as engine control and HVAC control systems.
Field Electronics Technician Resume
Summary : Accomplished over 430 Preventative Maintenance SME of Naval Automated Communications System, checks on multiples pieces of external/internal 50 Hours of installation/operation and communications equipment and radars. troubleshooting with Furuno Radars, including the SME with the Stabilized Glide Slope Indicator, which A/N SPS-73 and A/N SPS 67 and their LCU's are used to guide helicopters into the ship's Supervised 5 personnel helicopter pad Currently hold a Secret clearance.
Skills : Fundamental Electronics Maintenance Experience, Extensive Understanding Of Radio Frequency Principles, Ability To Operate Various Diagnostic Equipment, Complex Problem Solving, Experience In Microsoft Office, Background In-Network Topologies, Documentation and Reporting Of Inspections and Job Progress, Troubleshooting & Analyzing Complex Electronics Equipment.
- Working in everything from frac pumps, blenders, guar skids and other pertaining to the frac side of things to cement mixers, the other equipment involved with this service and coiled tubing.
- We do a lot of calibration during our preventative maintenance and while in the field to fix equipment and check the settings to make sure the right digital to analog counts are accurate, so when calibrating we are doing this on the right scale.
- Working with wide range of transducers rain from 0-60psi ranging all the way up to 15,000 psi.
- Dealing a lot with the intertwined working with hydraulics and electronics.
- Making a lot of new setups or cables for equipment to be functional or in the case we don't have a cable that is compatible with the two pieces of equipment transferring data.
- Monitored equipment operation and corrected malfunctions ensuring effective and efficient operation.
- Prepare gyroscopes and indicators for laser removal and painting procedures.
Power Electronics Technician Resume
Summary : Over 9 years of experience as an Electronics Technician. Seeking to utilize my electronics skills, abilities, and my experience to be a successful part of a winning team of technicians.
Skills : Operating Systems: Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS, Computer Knowledge, Trouble Shooting, Hardware & Software Upgrades, Problem Solving, and Improvising.
- Started a new frac fleet from nothing to frac fleet that was working and working efficiently with the equipment that we had.
- Got lime instruments software working and displaying information in the data van.
- Got lime instruments and frac pro-working together, displaying information and recording data in the data van.
- Got Thermo fisher densitometer working and tracking sand correctly with weighted sand bins with lime instruments d-mat.
- Made sure densitometers inline and blender read and track as close as possible.
- Using rpm on engine, transmission gear, pumping pressure and displacement of the pump.
- Determines a range of rate, in barrels per minute, for gear between lockup and max rpm.
- The high-pressure pump units used the following equipment: cummings qsk50 engine, allision 7 gear, cat 7 gear and cat 9 gear transmissions and 4. 5 inch and 5-inch SPM quint and tri pumps.
- Equipment worked on: blenders, liquid hydration, dry gel hydration chemical additive units and high-pressure pumps (horsepower) units.
- Provide design details and recommends modifications to engineering designs as needed.
Electronics Technician II Resume
Summary : Seeking a challenging position that will utilize my skills and experience in the field of operations, communications, logistics, and maintenance.
Skills : HVAC Technician Section 608, Fork Lift Certified, Top Secret Clearance, Microsoft Office.
- Responsible for testing, cleaning, and installing new software in an/psn11 PLGR and an/psn13 DAGR US.
- Tests, repairs, installs, retests, and maintains intelligence/electronic warfare (IEW) ground direction finding, intercept and analysis, and communication systems, to include an/MLQ-40, an/MSW-24, an/tsq26 and an/TSQ-226(v)1, 2 and 3 series satellite systems.
- Installs modifies, overhauls, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs electronic equipment associated with c4isr systems.
- Operates and maintains computerized automated test equipment and special equipment test devices.
- Assembles items and repairs, replaces, and adjusts any defective components or parts.
- Updates work order statuses in sams and assists in periodic inventories.
- Performs shipping and receiving duties to include pack/wrap, preparing dd form 1149, coordinating FedEx shipments, and maintaining a Microsoft excel shipping log for accountability.
- Provide design details and recommends modifications to engineering designs as needed.
- Prepare instructional guides for repairing, calibrating, and maintaining equipment and systems.
- Developed integrated circuits for the control of material handling machinery.
Power Electronics Technician Resume
Summary : Over 7+ years of experience in the Oil Field Electronics Maintenance and Operational arenas as an Electronics Technician. I maintain various certifications including, Instrument Fitter and Instrument Technician; and I have attained an Apprentice Electrician License so as to work on Electrical Equipment also I am as well very fluent in both written and spoken Spanish and English.
Skills : Trouble Shooting, Hardware & Software Upgrades, Problem Solving, Improvising, Electronic/Electrical Diagnostics, HVAC Knowledge, Schematic Reading, and Blueprint Reading.
- Troubleshooting (ac) alternating current and (dc) directional current signals.
- Experienced with the caterpillar, Detroit and cummin's engines, also experienced with twin disc, Detroit and Caterpillar transmissions.
- Working on and make necessary repairs on slipstream blenders, hydrations, chem vans, and prv's, and data vans.
- Have had some training and worked on upgrades and repairs on cement and coil, acid and n2 as well as s&s equipment.
- Troubleshooting communications and signal loss repaired on location 15k and 20k transducers, scintillation counters, Thermo fisher boards, and various other hardware, just to name a few.
- Assisting mechanics on troubleshooting in and out of the field as necessary on any kind of equipment, including 3rd party equipment.
- Responsible for meeting customer satisfaction requirements for quality, performance, and reliability.
- Trained specifically on the SPS-67(v)3 surface search radar, as well as 2m microminiature circuit board repair.
- Performing microscopic inspection and fine-pitch soldering of electronic subassemblies while using schematics, work instructions, x-ray, and other drawings in order to troubleshoot and correct malfunctions.
- Possessing technical skills necessary to perform work by using detail work instructions and released planning documentation, as well as a variety of other supporting technical documentation such as technical drawings, schematics, circuit/wiring diagrams, process and equipment specifications, photographs, illustrations, and sketches.
Engineering Electronics Technician Resume
Summary : Electronics Technician with over 14 years of experience. Experienced with reading and understanding many types of electronic circuit schematics and design layouts with the ability to troubleshoot electronic circuits down to the component level. Experienced with digital electronics and electronic circuits.
Skills : Electronic/Electrical Diagnostics, HVAC Knowledge, Schematic Reading, and Blueprint Reading. Precision Measuring Instrument Reading. Team, and Inventory Management.
- Calibrated and repaired various specialized and standard test equipment.
- Responsibilities including component level troubleshooting, signal processing circuits, analog/digital circuits, radar modulation and transmission, power supplies and global positioning navigation systems.
- Supervise and maintain the training of 20 plus workers at navy work center and division level as petty officer 1st class.
- Quality insurance inspector for numerous mechanical, electrical and electronic repairs on the various surface ship and submarine systems.
- Duties to include ensuring workers followed appropriate procedures as set down by various technical documents.
- Miscellaneous experiences completed research and procurement of materials and supplies.
- Experienced in following and maintaining appropriate documents for procurement, repair, and testing of equipment.
- Install, program, replace, and repair electronic devices such as flat screen, TVs, computers, security cameras, security system, POS.
- Use Microsoft and windows based programs to monitor pressure and temperature sensors, flow meters and network control of equipment.
Electronics Technician - Associate Resume
Summary : Solid technical background combined with proven expertise in troubleshooting, analyzing, repairing, calibrating, modifying, programming and installing instrumentation or other electronic equipment. Swiftly builds & can do & teams that thrive in demanding operational conditions. Highly organized with an exceptional ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and priorities effectively and in a timely manner. Superior communicator easily interacts with managers, regulatory agencies, clients, vendors, and staff. Core competencies include Secret Security Clearance Superb Presentation Skills Quality Assurance Schematic Interpretation Team Player/Team Leader Fast Troubleshooter Process Improvement Training Plans/Programs Excellent People Skills.
Skills : CAT Electronic Technician Software, CAT Service Information System, Universal Allison Doc, Tech Tool Software, MS Office Suite, Electronics Troubleshooting, and Repairing.
- Performs regular and scheduled maintenance on hydraulic fracturing equipment controlled by electronic components including PLCs, flow meters, transducers, densitometers, and other controllers.
- Installs and configures electronic and electromechanical equipment and instrumentation.
- Repairs systems, equipment, and subassemblies by adjusting, aligning, repairing and replacing defective components or line replaceable units.
- Interprets engineering diagrams in order to troubleshoot faults in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Documents repairs, inspections and testing for all equipment; maintains a safe work environment strictly following all OSHA requirements at all times.
- Keeps accurate and orderly files of work performed; maintains up-to-date schematics of all equipment under test.
- Highly skilled with state-of-the-art diagnostic tools and equipment continually evaluate the processes in place ensuring that the best possible solution is applied to each task.
- Also, utilize advanced ticketing software to document and track tasks as needed that are new or in progress to ensure their timely execution.
- Work in a team environment with several other members communicating problems and or issues that require attention during shift transitions.
- Duties include many tasks such as tape systems, server, and mainframe management, vendor assistance and the monitoring of critical systems using advanced monitoring software to ensure all network systems were operating correctly, efficiently and as designed.
Electronics Technician - Intermediate Resume
Objective : Over 4 years of experience as an Electronics Technician. Seeking to obtain a position where my experience and skills can be utilized to the fullest potential in a safe and efficient manner.
Skills : Electronics Troubleshooting, and Repairing, Computer Networking Training Courses, Microsoft Office, Programming, Computer Hardware, Computer Repair, Electronics, Eagle CAD, and Design.
- Replace malfunctioning PCB boards (main, power, etc. ) modify PCB boards down to SMT level.
- Replace malfunctioning LCD panels replace damaged cosmetics including bezel covers, back covers, and handles.
- Utilize service manuals and schematics while troubleshooting to determine the root cause of malfunctioning units.
- Reassemble units to manufacturer specifications, update product software and administer quality control tests on repaired units for quality assurance.
- Utilize sap to process work orders, check stock quantity's, product locations and placing orders for parts.
- Use a sit-down, standup forklift and/or cherry picker to move or retrieve product when needed.
- Provide installation, maintenance, and repair of the cape public address aural warning system (PAAWS).
- Install, maintain and repair the cable television system on cape Canaveral AFS (CCTDS).
- Replacing a wired alarm system with a wireless system for a reconfigurable security screening checkpoint alerting aviation police.
Electronic Technician II Resume
Headline : An experienced Electronic Technician with over 5 years in the Oil and Gas and Manufacturing industry. My most recent position on a large offshore drillship in the GOM. With responsibility for the Electrical and Electronics controls from the 6 10,000 HP generators to the Cyber Drilling Controls to the Navigations and Radio/Radar systems of the ship.
Skills : Journeyman Electronics, Electrical, Welding, Programming, Troubleshooting, Calibration, Process Control Loops, Wiring, Function Testing, Maintenance, and Electronics Repair.
- Provided technical expertise to repair or troubleshoot the following systems of a 6th generation drillship.
- Abb acs800 drives for the tdx1250 top drives and draw works PAGA address system HVAC systems for the ship dynamic braking systems for the drilling drive controls.
- Testing, troubleshooting, adjustment of barriers testing, troubleshooting, adjustment or replacement to VFD drives acs800.
- Hou ring line troubleshooting mechanical troubleshooting support for mechanical department as needed.
- Profibus communications Microsoft office suite word, excel sap repairing things right the first time accomplishments low overall downtime on my shift/hitch.
- Interprets electronic and mechanical drawings to assist in equipment repair and installation.
- Tracked and compiled data and telemetry for multiple patriot missile tests.
- Proficient in the use of Nsite, eyes, and the JRE computer systems during pdb8 and ITED, testing.
Engineering Electronics Technician Resume
Summary : 10 years of experience as an Electronics Technician. I'm pursuing a successful career in a company that not only will provide me an opportunity to succeed, but also allow me to help their company grow. Helping people make good decisions and providing them the way to make those decisions.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Programming, Computer Hardware, Computer Repair, Electronics, Eagle CAD, Design, and Make Printed Circuit Boards, Ham Radio Technician.
- Inspected and repaired all electrical equipment onboard the vessel -installed new and repaired electrical components -worked 28 day hitches onboard the vessel in the Gulf of Mexico and South America.
- Performed and kept records of all preventive maintenance mandated by the company - order electronic and electrical spares and maintain a large electrical inventory.
- Create Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for different applications on the vessel.
- Troubleshoot issues with and program auto voltage regulators and governors for advanced generator sets.
- Troubleshoot advanced i/o logic systems with the power management system.
- Perform testing and troubleshooting on ships power facilities, regulators and switchgear - locate and replace faulty printed circuit boards.
- Troubleshoot issues with the ships internet and telephone systems - maintain and troubleshoot issues with the ships galley equipment.
- Installed, de-installed, diagnosed, repaired, and disposed of uninterruptible power supply devices.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair electronic systems on fracturing equipment.
- Aligned, programmed, repaired, and performed maintenance on Motorola and harris radios.