Grant Writer Resume
Objective : Cross-trained to perform a variety of tasks such as answering the phone; greeting the public and ensuring consumer satisfaction of services received; ensured that all rules and regulations pertaining to each grant program were followed along with accurate record keeping, budget requests were allowable and approved, and all reports timely submitted.
Skills : Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Drafted and submitted proposals to government agencies to secure competitive funding.
- Analyzed funding sources and programs, prioritizing efforts to maximize award potential.
- Facilitated the formation of project teams to generate and conceptualize ideas, delegate tasks such as research and needs assessment, and synchronize content development.
- Engineered a committee review and approval process to analyze potential projects according to objective criteria, enabling a more proactive effort and increased alignment with the institution's strategic planning process.
- Trained and facilitated a Grant Review Team of college administrators with specific content knowledge, to assess all potential project concepts.
- Developed a grants nurturing/tracking system for concepts in various stages of pre-proposal development; from exploration and research, to concept review and feasibility, and identified appropriate sources of funding.
- Organized and delivered annual Grantsmanship Training workshops (2 annually) for staff, faculty, and local CBO staff, focused on Funding Search and Proposal Creation Techniques.
BA In Psychology
Senior Grant Writer Resume
Summary : Highly qualified Grant Writer with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Communication, Computer, people.
- Wrote proposals, reports, acknowledgments and budgets for foundations, corporations, government agencies and individuals.
- Worked with agency program staff on grants for general support and programs in the social services while coordinating fundraising efforts with other initiatives and fellow development professionals as a part of a 10+ person department.
- Conducted research to discover potential new sources of support and analyze RFPs/grant announcements.
- Edited and restructured texts where necessary for clear communications.
- Spell-checked and grammar-checked documents; checked citations and sources.
- Ensured that departmental writing was easily understood and logical, avoiding unnecessary technical language and providing all significant and relevant information.
- Fact-checked documents to ensure work remains honest, truthful, and error-free.
- Formatted texts and documents to protect consistency, uniformity, and departmental style using style guides.
Doctorate In Social Work
Junior Grant Writer Resume
Objective : An upper level manager with comprehensive fundraising skills including annual appeals, special events, planned giving, grant writing and major gifts; and a strong communications background. Able to communicate clearly with, and supervise persons of various backgrounds, including staff, volunteers and leadership volunteers. Works well independently and under deadlines.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Apple iOS, Windows, Research, Databases, Data Analysis, Program Development, Written Communication, Written Correspondence, Creative Writing, Collaboration, Fundraising, Social Networking.
- Maintained relations with prospective funders, and wrote and submitted grant proposals both to government agencies, and private and corporate foundations.
- Kept data base on funders with chronological and historic references to deadlines and submissions.
- Successfully achieved funding awards of over $1.3 million in nearly three years with Agency.
- Wrote annual and semi-annual reports to grant funders, informing them of the benefits their funding brought to our programs.
- Assisted Director of Development and Communications with an annual review of grants submissions for the prior year and plan to focus grant writing efforts.
- Maintained a log of current and pending grant activity as needed for the Director of Development and Communications, Executive Director and Board committees.
- Identified new and potential funding sources via the Internet and periodicals.
Master Of City
Associate Grant Writer Resume
Headline : Highly qualified Grant Writer with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : SKILLS/ABILITIES/TRAITS Grants: Apply, Write, Research,.
- Research and identify new funding opportunities from federal, state, and local governments along with private foundations.
- Work with program staff, financial staff, and development staff to create a narrative, evaluation expectations, and budget components of proposals and reports in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain a calendar related to funding opportunities, including proposal due dates, RFP release dates, and annual grant and contract opportunities.
- Revamped the Strategic Investment Process from a one-year funding cycle to a three-year funding cycle.
- Trained all volunteers and potential grant applicants on the three-year Strategic Investment Process.
- Facilitated the Strategic Investment Process Subcommittee which worked on the next steps for the process after the first year cycle.
- Interacted with researchers and others within the college to obtain necessary information on funded projects.
Bachelors Of Arts
Asst. Grant Writer Resume
Summary : Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Customer Service, People Skills, Supervisory Experience, Driver.
- Family Advocate Keep records or prepare reports for management concerning visits with clients.
- Provide information/refer individuals to public or private agencies/ community services Visit individuals in homes or attend group meetings to provide information on agency services, requirements, or procedures.
- Interview individuals or family members to compile information on social, educational, criminal, institutional, or drug history.
- Submit reports and review reports or problems to superior.
- Advise clients regarding food stamps, child care, food, money management, or housekeeping.
- Consult with supervisor concerning programs for individual families.
- Assist in locating housing for displaced individuals.
- Assist clients with preparation of forms, such as tax or rent forms.
Contract Grant Writer Resume
Summary : Grant writer in the non-profit and education sectors for the past 51/2 years, researching and writing grants addressing a variety of educational and human service needs. During this time period, my writing has resulted in over $1 million in awards to the various organizations with whom I have been associated.
Skills : Graphic design, social media communications, program budgeting, project management; experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint; FileMaker Pro; BlackBaud Raiser's Edge; CWC QuickFill; Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Bridge; Quark Xpress.
- Researched and identified potential funding sources, including federal, state and local government entities, corporate and private foundations.
- Consulted regularly with all key clinical and lay personnel involved in every aspect of grant projects.
- Maintained documentation of all grants awarded.
- Submitted all required grant progress reports.
- Worked closely with program manager to ensure all grant goals and objectives were met and evaluation procedures were followed.
- Worked closely with Norton Healthcare Foundation staff when identifying potential grant prospects to avoid duplication of fundraising efforts.
- Met or exceeded yearly grant goals of the Prevention and Early Detection program.
Bachelors Of Science
Lead Grant Writer Resume
Summary : Over 15 years experience in grant writing, business writing and fiction writing. Highly creative and organized with strong project management and research skills. Written a variety of articles, short stories, software manuals.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Regulatory Compliance, Training & Development, Program Development, Project Management, Technical Writing, Presentation Skills, Proposal Writing, Grant Writing, Legal Research, Legal Terminology, Troubleshooting, Problem Solving.
- Primary responsibility for raising grant funding in support of the operational budget as well as special projects or classes offered at this inner city African-American school.
- Successfully and consistently raised over $130,000 in grant funding for five years through diligent contact with foundations, individual donors and corporations.
- Researched funding guidelines to closely match with programs offered at Zion.
- Wrote comprehensive grant requests, as well as supporting documentation.
- Maintained grant tracking and reporting data spreadsheet.
- Wrote end of grant cycle reports from data gathered from stakeholders.
- Compiled detailed status reports for monthly Board of Trustee meetings.
Bachelor's In Visual
Grant Writer III Resume
Objective : Moved comfortably between for-profit direct marketing and non-profit fundraising and communications, applying lessons learned from one sector to the benefit of the other. Effective project manager, and creative problem-solver always result in increased earned or contributed revenue.
Skills : Microsoft office, Excel.
- Write and edit grants for the entire organization with an emphasis on financial stability programs.
- Enhance institutional giving operations for efficiency, consistency, fluidity and accountability.
- Key Achievements: Wrote and edited grants resulting in over $600,000 in funds.
- Created customized, fully-searchable prospect database for all programs.
- Developed grants portfolio and schedule to manage resources and share progress toward goals.
- Identified needs and created procedures for processing donation acknowledgments.
- Led cross-departmental effort to enhance data integrity tracking and reporting.
Grant Writer II Resume
Objective : Demonstrated success in federal grant project development and management, including federal regulation compliance and staff coordination. Experience and comfort with presenting detailed administrative law information and internal policies and procedures to staff of varying backgrounds and levels of experience. Ability to utilize combination of legal and technical background to effectively meet short-term and long-term goals in a variety of work settings.
Skills : Spanish, Microsoft Office.
- Private, Federal and State solicitation of funds through a written campaign.
- Communicated with individuals of all ethnic and cultural backgrounds on a daily basis.
- Publicized community services to maintain positive public relations with community members.
- Coordinated project activities with other community organizations.
- Developed a database of funding and in-kind resources (current and potential).
- Used research and grant writing skills while submitting proposals for funding at-risk youth programs.
- Worked directly with Interior villages to develop sustainable, economic plans.
Grant Writer Resume
Summary : Highly motivated talented individual with strong leadership ability, acute social perceptiveness, over and above service oriented judgment and decision making skills. Extensive experience working with cultures, families and communities regarding societal issues and a proven track record of philanthropic, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with solid proficiency in group facilitation and the ability to teach and motivate others.
Skills : Community Outreach, Grant Writing, Public Speaking, Customer Service, Community Organizing, Budgeting.
- Wrote grants by implementing internet research techniques and utilizing statistical skills.
- Worked with legislators and corporate officers.
- Conducted needs assessments, and held community meetings.
- Organized & developed a summer youth program, supervise 20 youth.
- Help manage fundraising events, volunteers and collaborated with community agencies.
- Help determine terms for $8 million trust fund.
- Collaborated with non-tribal community to enhance projects & gain support for programs.
Bachelor In Arts