Instructional Assistant Resume
Headline : Dedicated Instructional Assistant possessing deep and broad experience of 5 plus years in education domain ranging from classroom instruction to assisting residents in acquiring a wide variety of licenses. Recognized and valued for attentiveness to learners, observation skills and taking initiative to handle any situation, regardless of the challenge. Demonstrates excellent customer service and time management skills, and the ability to handle complex problems without supervision or oversight. Created and taught lesson plans for science, math, language, reading, and social studies.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Mentoring, Community Outreach, Research, Early Childhood Education, Teaching
- Responsibilities include assisting the certified teacher by providing individual assistance to students in academic areas, working with small groups to reinforce instruction given by the teacher.
- Assisting teachers in maintaining order and student conduct within the classroom, observing student behavior to assure safety, assist in resolving student disputes.
- Maintaining routine records related to student work and classroom activities.
- Assisting in performing general clerical duties related to classroom instruction and activities.
- Operating copiers and standard office equipment as required, monitoring students during lunchtime and educational trips.
- Conferring with teachers concerning programs and materials to meet student needs.
- Adhering to requirements for confidentiality regarding student information.
- Assisting students with mobility needs while monitoring and guiding students to pay attention, participate in activities, and complete tasks.
Bachelor Of Arts
Senior Instructional Assistant Resume
Summary : Energetic and reliable Senior Instructional Assistant, driven to reach all goals. Very hands-on and adapts quickly to any given situation. Has worked in highly stressful environments and can maintain professional ethics, as well as completing the task. Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills. Always goes above what's expected and very willing to learn new tasks. Seeking a position as an elementary school teacher to teach either general or special education, in a school community where my skills and education can become an asset.
Skills : Instructional Assistant, Special Education, Microsoft Office, Alpha/Numerical Filing, Customer Service
- Collaborating with VPK instructors in mediating a positive atmosphere, classroom support, and structure of classroom behavior management protocol.
- Heading the before and after school program for students, providing educational assistance, resolving cases of developmental, mental, and behavioral abnormalities by implementing positive reinforcement programming within the academy.
- Communicating with parents on a weekly basis to provide updates on their child's weekly improvements and facilitating family engagement.
- Assisting, teaching, and reinforcing organizational, preparation, and time management skills including maintaining binders for each class, locker organization, and effective use of student agenda book.
- Organizing files, developing spreadsheets, faxing reports and scanned documents.
- Making copies, sending faxes and handling all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Serving as a central point of contact for all parents needing to meet with the teacher.
- Designed electronic file systems and maintaining electronic and paper files for report cards, and behavior.
Master Of Education
Special Education Instructional Assistant Resume
Summary : An energetic, compassionate, emphatic, reliable caring Special Education Instructional Assistant. Strives to create a fun and inventive educational atmosphere where children are engaged in learning and see as a creative experience. Seeking a career to advance my experience. Looking for an opportunity that will consider my professional history and skills, and provide further training and knowledge growth.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Windows 10, Smart Board, Classroom Dojo, Dibels
- Discussing assigned duties with classroom teachers in order to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Preparing lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.
- Supervising students in the classroom, halls, cafeteria, schoolyard, and on field trips.
- Distributing tests and homework assignments, and collect them when they are completed.
- Providing extra assistance to students with special needs, such as those with mental disabilities.
- Typing, filing and duplicating materials grade homework and tests, and computing and recording results, using answer sheets or electronic marking devices.
- Planning, preparing, and developing various teaching aids such as bibliographies, charts, and graphs.
- Assisting students with computer projects, saving to student accounts, using the electronic drop box for instructors.
Master's in Education
Instructional Assistant/Tutor Resume
Summary : Focused and highly motivated Instructional Assistant/Tutor with over 7 years of work and volunteer experience providing exceptional service to various populations. Consistently exhibiting strong organizational, customer service, and critical thinking skills with the ability to independently plan and effectively work in team collaboration.
Skills : Teacher, Caregiver, Special Education Assistant Teacher, Student Management, Knowledge Of Microsoft Office, One On One Counseling
- Responsible for providing instructional assistance to students and all facets of daily, classroom management/proven educational results for students on the caseload.
- Implementing the individualized education program/ensured students educational needs were fulfilled.
- Helping students progress and maintain goals/success for every student, every day.
- Administering proper techniques to keep students focused/prompting and encouragement.
- Observing/evaluating the specific needs of each student and report findings to IEP custodian/communication necessary to ensure the success of student's education.
- Collaborating with classroom teachers regarding behavior management and intervention plans.
- Assisting students in understanding and completing classroom assignments.
- Providing transition support to diverse learning students to and from the resource room.
Bachelor Of Science
Case Manager/ Instructional Assistant Resume
Headline : Case Manager/ Instructional Assistant with 4 plus years of diversified background including educational support, administrative support, customer service, clerical duties, and leadership capabilities. Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills. To obtain a challenging position within a dynamic and challenging environment where I can utilize my experience and skills to the best of my ability.
Skills : Student Management, Knowledge Of Microsoft Office, One On One Counseling, Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, Data Entry, Typing
- Tutoring and assisting students individually, or in small groups to aid in the mastering of academic subjects and to reinforce learning concepts presented by the teacher.
- Encouraging the development of self-confidence, independence, social skills, and language.
- Supervising independent learning and provide one-on-one support as necessary set up work areas and preparing areas for reading, crafts, and other activities.
- Setting up exhibits, displays, collections and bulletin boards.
- Conducting reading groups with three to five students using a lesson designed and provided by the teacher.
- Assisting in classroom management such as putting away coats, getting students seated and taking roll.
- Monitoring and assisting children with instructional or behavioral requirements.
- Using a variety of communication and conflict resolution skills when needed.
Classified Instructional Assistant Resume
Summary : Caring and compassionate Classified Instructional Assistant with a desire to serve and help people and the community. Possesses effective communication skills and ability to resolve problems. Established a reputation as hard-working, consistent, team-oriented, conscientious and honest.
Skills : Customer Service, Public Relations, Problem Solving, Analytical, Inventory Management, Supervisory, Leadership, Teamwork
- Developing strategies to teach basic 1st - 3rd-grade reading, math, science, social studies, and social skills.
- Providing small group instruction in science, technology, literacy, and mathematics.
- Assisting in fundraising endeavors to raise money for autism awareness and reading achievement.
- Providing peer training in student relationship building, a variety of teaching strategies, and reward systems.
- Providing support to teachers and students as required in a classroom setting.
- Maintaining a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, and the public, while performing other related duties as required.
- Maintaining a variety of records including health required documents and individualized educational plan.
- Working on a one-to-one or group basis reinforcing lesson plans and independently adjusting methods/approach/pace of instructional material.
Instructional Assistant II Resume
Summary : Enthusiastic Instructional Assistant II who is not only beloved, but respected by students, coworkers, and perhaps most importantly the administrative staff for 20 years. Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, working well under pressure, and communicating ideas clearly and effectively. Seeking a position as an instructional assistant, or youth care worker in your facility to nurture and achieve proper care, motivation and to help educate the students for the proper and adequate education for their future.
Skills : Interactive teaching/learning, Excellent Classroom Management, CPR/AED/First-aid Certified, Knowledge of SWIS data program, Excel, and Word
- Providing assistance to students with classroom assignments, and management in maintaining appropriate organizational and behavior during school-related activities.
- Assisting, organizing and implementing programs for students with behavioral issues.
- Giving direction, implementation, and coordination of punishment for a rule violation.
- Maintaining communication between parents, volunteers, school communities, businesses and community agencies.
- Working with individual students or small groups to reinforce instructional material planned and presented by classroom teachers.
- Preparing lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.
- Tutoring and assisting children individually or in small groups in order to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Supervising students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, schoolyard, and gymnasiums, or on field trips.
Bilingual Instructional Assistant Resume
Summary : Talented Bilingual Instructional Assistant with an exceptional ability to establish cooperative, professional relationships with parents, staff, and administration. Clear communicator who prioritizes students' success, as well as their personal and school development. Self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic and determination to complete tasks in a timely manner. Enjoys helping and working with families, staff, and children.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Data Collection, Answering Phone, And Typing
- Implementing learning activities to address individual differences of students, and working with young students to help them increase their independence and confidence in daily lessons, while still being available as a reliable and approachable support figure.
- Increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of classroom teaching time by scheduling group rotations and implementing new ways to organize, communicate and record daily progress of students with teachers.
- Teaches reading, language arts, math, and sciences in a self-contained classroom.
- Communicating with children to provide them with comfort, encouragement and positive reinforcement.
- Creating strategies to meet the needs of mentally and physically disabled students.
- Leading activities that developed students' physical, emotional and social growth.
- Giving one-on-one attention to students, while maintaining overall focus on the entire group.
- Establishing and enforcing rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order and routine.
Bachelor Of Arts
Junior Instructional Assistant Resume
Objective : Committed and effective Junior Instructional Assistant with a proven 3 plus years of international teaching experience of helping students succeed academically, providing positive learning experiences and inspiring both children and parents. Specializes in efficiently utilizing learning assets and technology to foster a positive and productive ambitious learning environment. To obtain a position in the educational field working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Skills : Applied Behavior Analysis, Active listener, Teaching methods for developmental disorders, Child abuse prevention and awareness, First Aid/CPR, Communication, Time Management
- Assisting students individually and in small groups in meeting course expectations and improving academic and vocational skills.
- Assisting special education teachers by working with students to achieve state standards, IEP goals, and/or district graduation requirements.
- Assisting and or facilitating crisis management up to and including physical restraints when appropriate.
- Participating in ongoing education to develop treatment and management skills.
- Keeping in constant contact with students' parents and updating them on their child's progress.
- Making sure students are upholding school standards for behavior, grooming and dress code.
- Providing students help with critical subjects such as reading, writing, and mathematics to ensure their competency using the guidelines held within the learning intervention program.
- Providing students with the one on one tutorial assistance to help them achieve their learning goals.
Bachelor Of Arts
Instructional Assistant Resume
Summary : Special Education Instructional Assistant who has lovingly taught hundreds of children, ages 4 through 8. Thorough in guiding children through a variety of daily activities and making sure the curriculum is age-appropriate and fun. Also, has experience with children who have severe behavioral problems and autism. Experience working with hearing impaired and deaf children. My knowledge and experience working with all types of children have given me a unique ability to teach nurture and relate to all children.
Skills : Microsoft Office, First Aid/CPR, Communication, Time Management, Conflict Resolution, Computer Experience
- Responsible for coordinating and/or participating in special programs or projects as assigned.
- Responsible for collecting and receipting monies for monthly activity fees, school fees, school pictures, field trips, meal fees, etc.
- Recording daily attendance, grading assignments, recording/ analyzing test scores/grades, substituting as needed, setting up special projects, monitoring student behavior, packing/unpacking student folders, etc.
- Having well-documented notes for procedures, meetings, and everyday duties, to use as a reference for different activities, separate meeting, etc, throughout the year.
- Assisting school administrators and staff in various administrative and clerical functions such as participating in in-service training programs, attending staff meetings as required, coordinating special tasks/programs as assigned.
- Receiving and responding to inquiries and requests for assistance in areas of responsibility.
- Supervising students throughout the afternoon in the playground or inside.
- Ensuring the safety of the students by using proper supervision techniques.
High School Diploma