Interim Controller Resume
Summary : Non-profit executive with more than 15 years of experience managing finances, operations, and human resources with a motivational management style with a record of building and retaining highly motivated staff, donors, and networks whose successful in identifying opportunities for accelerated growth.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Quickbooks.
- Appointed by Oglala Sioux Tribal Council to supervise and perform Finance & Accounting for casino.
- Responsible for general Ledger, and Bank Reconciliations, Prepare/review journal entries information pertaining to Tribal Enterprises.
- Preparaed/reviewed of Tribal Enterprise financial statements Review and coordination of revenue/expense assumptions for preparation of annual budgets.
- Reviewed and directed of policies/procedures.
- Performed analysis of various financial variables to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Organized/Prepared various proposals for management and vendor agreements.
- Provided consultation and financial information for Tribal Council.
- Assisted General Manager with the preparation and completion of annual audits.
- Assisted General Manager with the presentation of financial and proposal information to Oglala Tribal Council.
Jr. Interim Controller Resume
Objective : For over 20 years have used communications skills and experience in Accounting and Finance to provide solutions for organizations that have served.Goal is to provide senior leadership timely, accurate information to make informed decisions, and confidence to know that the areas under watch are under control and provide no risk to the organization.
Skills : QuickBooks, ProAdvisor.
- Assessed needs of organization making recommendations to owners on realigning responsibilities and division of work in order to better achieve the goals of the organization.
- Caught up financial statements, bank reconciliations and other Accounting responsibilities that were in arrears.
- Fixed broken processes, leveraging the use of the ERP system for things such as construction draws and credit card ledgers.
- Worked closely with software developer to utilize online functionality such as e-approval of invoices, etc.
- Implemented cash forecasting/reporting to President to insure highest and best use of resources.
- Communicated with Customers, Financial Institutions, Construction Supervisors, Estimator, and Vendors.
- Caught up accounting and financial reporting in arrears.
- Analyzed systems and ownership styles to improve system efficiencies, especially through better utilization of ERP system.
- Hired and trained Accounts Payable Accountant.
Sr. Interim Controller Resume
Summary : To make a significant contribution to the success of the company by leveraging 20+ years of professional services accounting experience in financial analysis, revenue recognition, contract management, and leadership.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Quickbooks.
- Schedules nuclear refueling work directly supporting the Production Department Refueling Manager staff, Nuclear Refueling Engineering code and the Nuclear Planning and Estimating Branch.
- Checks on work in progress by project schedulers and review completed work to see that scheduler requirements on work sequence, procedures, methods and deadlines are met.
- Responsible for leading, directing and instructing production controller work at the GS9 and GS11 levels.
- Provides task level breakdown scheduling support to integrate shift by shift management of critical work.
- Works with internal auditors on internal controls and reporting issues.
- Lead the year end close process and transition to a new course operator..
- Prepares financial statements and analysis worked with external auditors during the year-end audit and tax reviews.
Interim Controller I Resume
Objective : Interim Controller executive with extensive knowledge of acquisitions and divestitures including successful record of post-merger integrations. Broad based experience in internal control design and implementation, risk management, SOX compliance, operational and fraud auditing and SEC reporting.
Skills : Auditing, Project Management, Compliance, Process Improvement,.
- Transitioned Sox Compliance from FL to IL, instituted an annual risk based analysis, developed entity wide controls to reduce the number of key controls while completing all required Sox testing, remediation and reporting.
- Hired staff and initiated an intern program to augment staffing needs.
- Coordinated all external audit requirements, issues, planning, PBC's and fees.
- Instituted entity wide controls leading to the reduction of over 90 key controls.
- Performed due diligence on over 15 potential acquisitions, led post merger integrations and completed all fair value accounting.
- Stepped in as interim controller of Sparton's largest facility (DLS) for 8 months while recruiting for a replacement.
- Performed all controllership functions while revamping the department and reducing the month-end close cycle from 9 to 4 days.
- Implemented the new COSO framework based on a high level risk analysis approach.
- Successfully completed all documentation and required annual Sox testing, for 7 domestic & 1 foreign location.
Interim Controller II Resume
Headline : Highly qualified Interim Controller with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Microsoft Office Applications, Account Management, Accounts Payable.
- Filled in as Controller during the period of time the corporation was seeking a new Controller.
- Responsible for General Ledger journal entries, daily balancing of accounts receivable and payable.
- Balanced the bank accounts to the expenses and the General Ledger.
- Responsible for daily recording of deposits and purchases.
- Responsible for Human Resources which included sitting in on employee interviews, new hire set up in the time clock, insurance sign up and set up for qualified employees.
- Employment reviews and disciplinary counseling.
- Responsible for exit interviews and verifying employee eligibility for Corporate sponsored programs.
- Verified driving records for housekeeping and maintenance.
- Responsible for weekly manager meetings and monthly employee meetings.
Interim Controller III Resume
Summary : State of Michigan Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with extensive experience with individual, corporate and nonprofit accounting Demonstrated success in leading and supervising Junior Accountants brought on staff Proficiencies.
Skills : Consolidated Financial Statements, Cash Flow Projections, Payroll And Payroll Tax Reporting.
- Responsible for cash management including receipts and disbursements.
- Prepares and reports to owner cash flow projections.
- Prepares payroll and handle payroll reporting.
- Reviews general ledger and prepare necessary adjusting journal entries.
- Responsible for financial reporting to owner and third parties.
- Maintains financial operations of businesses.
- Fixes internal financial statements and trial balances.
- Collaborates with owner on cost cutting measures.
Asst. Interim Controller Resume
Objective : Experienced Controller/CFO/CPA with over 23 years of broad and diversified experience in industry and public accounting. General accounting and reporting specialist for private and public companies. Interested in a Controller/CFO role or getting back into practicing as a CPA and small business consultant.
Skills : Accounting, Excel, Access.
- Rejoined former employer to complete special projects and to help manage accounting and reporting.
- Managed month- and year-end closings and all related financial reporting.
- Prepared tax work papers and facilitated third party preparation and review of all returns.
- Reconciled and accounted for variances between general ledger and related sub-ledgers.
- Directed project to bring all bank reconciliations current within the accounting system.
- Designed and implemented a cash flow statement within the accounting system.
- Implemented a change in accounting principle and restated prior year financial statements.
- Detected some errors and irregularities that led to an employee termination.
- Recruited and trained a new Controller.
Associate Interim Controller Resume
Headline : Interim Controller function as Air Traffic Control Specialists (ATCS) by controlling air traffic on and within the vicinity of the airport according to established procedures and policies to prevent collisions and minimize delays arising from traffic congestion. ATCSs are responsible for the safe, orderly and expeditious movement of air traffic through the nation's airspace
Skills : Microsoft Office, Management.
- Answered radio calls from arriving and departing aircraft.
- Issued landing/takeoff instructions.
- Issued information such as runway to use, wind velocity and direction, visibility, taxiing instructions, and pertinent data on other aircraft operating in vicinity.
- Issued air traffic clearances.
- Provided advice based on their own observations and information from the National Weather Service, IFR control facilities, flight service stations, pilots, and other sources.
- Taken and disseminated weather observations at Limited Aviation Weather Reporting Station (LAWRS) or Supplemental Aviation Weather Reporting Station (SAWRS) facilities.
- Transferred control of aircraft to receiving facilities when aircraft leave their airspace, and receiving control of aircraft coming into their airspace.
- Operated various types of equipment such as: radios, telephones, interphones, computer systems, radar, recording systems, weather equipment, light guns, airport/runway lighting systems, and backup equipment.
Lead Interim Controller Resume
Summary : Achievement oriented finance professional possessing a wide spectrum of business experience actively seeking to apply and enhance accounting and technical skills in a senior level financial position.
Skills : Financial Management, ERP Implementation, Auditing,.
- Prepares and analyzes financial statements with accuracy and conformance of reporting standards.
- Manages accounting systems to ensure proper reporting of inventories and fixed assets in all cost centers.
- Compiles data and prepares comprehensive cost reports to guide decision making by plant management.
- Processes payroll for 750 employees in multiple states while relieving tax liabilities on a weekly basis.
- Prepares periodical and on demand audit schedules for both internal and external audit requirements.
- Analyzes and interprets reports from subordinates daily to ensure accuracy and timeliness of work.
- Works with upper management and department heads to prepare both capital and operating budgets.
- Supervises three staff accountants and provides internal control review for accuracy and development.
Interim Controller Resume
Summary : An accomplished professional who has experienced a multitude of environments and understands the key factors of success. Demonstrated ability to hold course in uncertain times, identifies patterns and the opportunities within successes and failures. Experienced team builder.
Skills : Legal Research, Legal Drafting, Title Research, Mineral Interest Analysis.
- Designed and manufactured of ergonomic handling equipment.
- Implemented job costing that provided job profitability information.
- Established deferred income, accrued expenses and month-end closing procedures.
- Generated monthly financials.
- Led search for permanent replacement.
- Recruited and interviewed candidates.
- Developed cash management plan to survive liquidity crisis.
- Negotiated with creditors, prepared and disseminated financial information to creditors and potential investors.