Chief Operating & Finance Officer Resume
Headline : Chief Operating & Finance Officer with a passion for delivering high-quality healthcare to the underserved. Proven ability to engage in focused leadership while maintaining a view of the bigger picture. MBA educated leader with a continued thirst for self-improvement and education. Consistent record of exceeding expectations while adapting to change during thirteen years of increasing responsibility in management. Ability to see new options and different ways of approaching issues. Proven ability to lead colleagues, management, and staff through significant organizational change while maintaining focus on leadership, teamwork, and performance excellence.
Skills : Revenue Cycle, Strategic Planning And Implementation, Technology Selection, Implementation And Operations, Performance Improvement, Reimbursement, Team Building, And Leadership.
- Overseeing the general accounting system, applying standard principles of accounting, cost determinations, and statistical analysis.
- Preparing, or supervising the preparation of, financial and operating reports from statistical data.
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer and board in developing the heritage health financial strategic plan and capital plan.
- Responsible for the preparation of annual organization budget as well as individual grant budgets, coordinating all department budgets, working with all department heads throughout the year to ensure that expenditures adhere to legal and budgetary requirements.
- Preparing, analyzing, and presenting monthly financial statements to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board.
- Serving on the finance committee of the board and other committees as assigned.
- Attending the finance committee meeting of the heritage health board of directors and presenting the current fiscal situation.
- Developing and preparing reports used for management decisions regarding program progress, costs, and evaluation of appropriate expenditures and allocation levels.
Masters Of Business Administration
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Resume
Summary : A highly experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and MBA in Finance with a proven record of success in directing financial operations and management, and possess extensive international experience as well. My background in International Financial Management has provided me with financial and analytical skills necessary to succeed in this fast-paced and intense field. Experienced in developing and establishing corporate financial structures for large complex organizations, managing a large team and managing global operation effectively. A proven history of increasing revenue while decreasing costs, and adept at negotiating contracts with clients, service providers, suppliers, and partners. Possess comprehensive knowledge of audit and SEC reporting functions, and am able to liaison with investment and commercial bankers, insurance carriers, analysts, corporate counsel and board members.
Skills : Financial Modeling, Financial Analysis, Financial Reporting, Financial Management, Account Management, Accounts Receivable, Accounting, Accounts Payable
- Continuously recruited and managed over 60 accounting and computer programming professionals.
- Tripled revenues to $7mm by directing entry into the Teradata and data-warehousing marketplace.
- Developed spreadsheet-based business plans to project revenues, costs, margins, cash, and staffing needs, justifying over $50mm in outside financings.
- Assisted human resources with benefits, compensation and other decisions as requested.
- Monitored cash flow on an on-going basis and provide useful information for managing expenditures.
- Forecasted long-term operational budgets while engaging the collective efforts of board members, committees and management which is critical for the success of processes and projects.
- Produced timely and accurate financial information to members (board, committees, etc. ), coo and club management, and financial institutions.
- Managed corporate staff of 6 in all essential business systems and assisted General Manager/Chief Operating Officer in all areas of business.
MBA in Finance & International Business
Chief Financial Officer/Corporate Controller Resume
Summary : A commercial, entrepreneurial, results-oriented Chief Financial Officer/Corporate Controller with diverse experience of 10 years in international financial, strategic and operational management including: International industry experience including live entertainment, manufacturing, retail, software, SaaS, technology, and online marketing and multi-channel distribution with companies ranging from start-ups to some of the best managed multi-national corporations in the world in both corporate staff and operating line roles. Technical expertise including strategic and financial planning and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, inventory and asset management, financial controls, internal audit, product pricing/profitability analysis, tax, treasury, risk management, financial systems and mergers, and acquisitions as well as functional experience in human resources, online marketing, and information technologies.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Peachtree Accounting, MAS 90, Scribebase, AS400, Oracle, QuickBooks, And ADP Payroll.
- Planning, organizing, developing and directing accounting, budgeting, insurance, patient financial services, financial and accounting systems, budget, internal controls, internal auditing, external auditing, compliance, decision support, reimbursement, investment and cash management, financial benchmarking, clinical contracting, chargemaster, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger systems, financial analysis, and long-range financial planning.
- Advising leadership in the areas of new strategic initiative and the tactics to achieve the organization's mission by identifying and articulating business challenges/problems requiring a strategic planning effort, data compilation, analysis, interpretation of results.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the hospital revenue initiatives, including management, revision, and on-going monitoring of revenue cycle metrics and financial closing process.
- Providing leadership and vision to develop the financial long-range strategic plan in support of the overall strategic plan, supporting the hospital and CEO in the development and implementation of the goals and plans.
- Participating in the development of long and short term goals for the hospital, including the joint operating plan, developing finance division goals and objectives.
- Advising the CEO regarding financial issues and decisions, serving as an advisor on financial trends, directions, budget, capital and other financial issues as needed to colleagues, managers, boards, and others.
- Overseeing compliance function for hospitals, ensuring fiscal and regulatory requirements, auditing, recording, and reporting compliance issues as appropriate.
- Establishing broad budget goals, revenue and expense projections for hospitals, leading the budget process and budget committee for the hospital, and overseeing quarterly financial forecasting.
Bachelor Of Business Administration
Chief Financial Officer/Corporate Controller Resume
Summary : An accomplished and experienced Chief Financial Officer/Corporate Controller with a record of achievement improving organizational performance through leadership in financial reporting, treasury management, continuous improvement, operations management, strategic planning and execution, performance monitoring, mergers and acquisitions, tax management and business development. Knowledgeable in regulatory compliance requirements related to GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, SEC, FCC, and FAR. For more than 09 plus years, have served as a company representative and liaison with regards to regulatory reporting and compliance. A trusted advisor and discerning partner to senior and executive level management with practical experience in key business functions including accounting, finance, operations, procurement, and business development. I have a professional record of exemplary service in leadership roles such as a Senior Analyst, Project Manager, Director and Executive Team Member with industry experience in telecommunications, industrial manufacturing, oil and gas exploration and production, and business services, managing revenues in excess of $500 million.
Skills : SAP, Microsoft GP, QuickBooks Enterprise, AS400 and MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Providing leadership in financial management, business planning, financial reporting, and regulatory compliance while working in close collaboration with the chief executive officer and the board of directors.
- Directing the efforts of accounting professionals providing primary support in financial management and reporting.
- Developing and maintaining treasury relationships with banks and government lending institutions, including the United States Department Of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Utilities Service (RUS) program ($50 million).
- Leading the company through extensive plant expansion and fiber deployment during the growth phase.
- Serving as liaison to FCC and other government and industry-specific regulatory agencies.
- Assisting in navigating the organization through a continuing market growth cycle through effective asset utilization.
- Responsible for the management of tax reporting function and patronage dividend calculations and distributions.
- Responsible for the presentation of quarterly and year-end financial statement information to the board of directors.
- Responsible for the presentation of relevant financial information and potential growth strategies at the annual directors' conference.
Masters of Business Administration
Chief Financial Officer/Manager Resume
Summary : Chief Financial Officer/Manager with over 08 years of experience in Accounting and Finance. Chief Financial Officer with experience in Strategically Planning, Business Development, Executing Forecast Budgeting, Supply Chain, Inventory Planning and Logistics. Competent decision maker with an intuitive sense for creative and analytical problem-solving. Ability to lead teams with a strong sense of responsibility to communicate across all levels of the organization to deliver better business strategy and productivity. Diverse experience in all areas of accounting, Controller, Payroll, and Taxes, while achieving goals and proficiently multitask, Creative, Team Player. Bi-Lingual Fluent in English and Spanish, Great communication and People Skills.
Skills : Budget Management, Budget Development, Materials Management, Supervisor, Performance Improvement,QuickBooks, Oracle, Microsoft Office Suite,Peachtree
- Preparing and presenting monthly financial reports, month end closing, budget, variances, and cash flow reports, with internal and external audits to the CEO, COO and Board of Directors.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting reports to the CEO and investors financial statements (P&L, balance sheets, cash flow, forecast, budget expenses, asset, and capital investment).
- Establishing and managing an annual budget and monthly variance review to track expenses and minimize and reduce overhead expenses by 20% in renegotiating contracts.
- Preparing and executing the monthly, quarterly and annual state sales taxes and payroll taxes to be in compliance with the federal and state entities.
- Analyzing financial statements data P&L, balance sheets, capital and internal control from previous months to estimate future trends before the next quarter.
- Driving profitability analysis and developing a future business strategy to increase revenue and accelerate growth in operations.
- Meeting with future investors to obtain and close deals on merging and acquisitions.
Bachelors in Accounting And Finance
Chief Financial Officer & Controller Resume
Summary : A CFO with 21+ years of experience with privately held companies. Specialize in leadership skills, management change and struggling financial situations. The objective is to participate with a company that requires my unique skill set and that I can be a substantial contributor to the advancement and goals of that company. Committed to continuous improvement in the quality and delivery of operational and financial management with professional development and training in business functions including management accounting, lean management / Six Sigma, and business planning. To gain an ever-growing foundation of the different accounting methods while staying true to GAAP. To become an asset to the company and help improve the present while working to ensure a successful future through hard work and innovate thinking.
Skills : Lean Six Sigma, Lean Enterprise, Multiple ERP Systems, Budgeting And Forecasting, Month-end Closing Process
- Planning, developing, organizing, implementing, directing, and evaluating the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Participating in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluating and advising on the impact of long-range planning, the introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Developing credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhancing and/or developing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establishing credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Providing technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
BS in Accounting
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Resume
Summary : A Strategic Business Partner and Chief Financial Officer credited with combining broad experience, industry expertise, financial management, and concise reporting to deliver substantial growth in highly competitive markets. An expert in opportunity identification, strategic development, and executing effective team solutions. Outstanding reputation as a key resource for operations. Known for effective communication across all levels to streamline processes and increase productivity. A trusted partner to executives and management teams focused on results.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic, Public Speaking, Leadership, Quickbooks, Customer Service, Human Resources
- Interfacing with and assisting corporate accounting and financial departments in the Netherlands, Germany, France, And The United Kingdom.
- Coordinating with all eight of corporation's production facilities and other entities, as well as with financial and accounting departments of outside stakeholder organizations.
- Safeguarding the company’s finances in dealings with customers and suppliers. Seeking opportunities to reduce costs, how to measure savings and ensure attained when feasible.
- Leading the preparation of the annual Profit Plan, from development of the sales forecast through bottom-line results.
- Ensuring timely distribution of final Profit Plan to Board of Directors and Senior Managers.
- Presenting Profit Plan and other pertinent information to Board of Directors for approval.
- Monitoring progress to plan and sharing results with CEO and Senior Managers.
Assistant Chief Financial Officer Resume
Summary : As a dedicated and knowledgeable professional with experience as a Chief Financial Officer and Budget Officer. Experience includes financial reporting responsibilities for multiple locations of a Fortune 500 company, budget preparation and financial analysis. Experience managing company acquisitions and mergers, systems conversions, construction project management, insuring compliance with policies and established practices and developing and managing company community relations programs.
Skills : Corps Of Engineers Financial Management System (CEFMS), Microsoft Word: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Strategic Planning, Mergers & Acquisitions, Risk Management
- Oversaw performance and efficiency, coordinating programs and initiatives to achieve objectives.
- Delegated responsibilities and evaluate work through subordinate supervisors proactively.
- Provided advising and assistance to commander and staff in resource management.
- Developed and evaluated an integrated resource management program for the organization.
- Maintained program balance and perspective between financial and general management.
- Led district resource management programs according to policies and standards.
- Directed civil works cost share and chief financial officer act adherence effectively.
- Managed test plans and assets of a $13m operating budget according to organization needs.
- Handled budgetary and accounting elements of quality assurance and quality management.
- Created and implemented policies for administration, personnel management, and training.
- Ensured the highest levels of customer service liaising with all clients and partners.
BA in Finance
Global Chief Financial Officer Resume
Summary : An Chief Financial Officer/Corporate Controller with extensive experience of 7 plus years as a strategic member of corporate leadership teams. Initiated and led financial planning strategies throughout all business activities including financial analyses, forecasting, presenting pro-forma financials, and cost/benefit analyses. Hands-on, operationally-oriented executive with a diverse background ranging from single plant manufacturing facilities, to U.S. consolidations for an international corporation, along with being CFO for two different companies. Successfully managed consolidations and system implementations leading to operating efficiencies and cost reductions. Experienced in merger and acquisition due diligence work.
Skills : Global reporting and consolidations, Budgets and Forecasting, Mergers and Acquisitions, Internal Controls (Sarbanes-Oxley), Strategic Planning, Financial Presentations, Product Market, Customer Profitability
- Overseeing the Accounting Department and ensuring that accurate accounting records are maintained and issued in a timely manner.
- Coordinating efforts with external auditors as they perform the year-end independent audit.
- Coordinating the tax return preparation and making every effort to be fully informed on tax matters so that the tax implications on given tax matters can be identified and analyzed.
- Responsible for the annual budgeting process that includes determining guidelines and preparation.
- Responsible for all treasury management functions.
- Coordinating annual renewal of property and casualty insurance policies.
- Supervising the Credit and Collections Department to set corporate credit policies and establish systems to monitor AR.
- Fostering a work environment characterized by mutual respect and effectively handling any disagreements or conflicts that may arise.
- Providing direction, defining the priorities, and setting clear expectations for the Accounting Department
B.S. in Finance
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Resume
Summary : Chief Financial Officer with experience in large, established, and small, start-up organizations. Extensive experience in Financial Reporting & Analysis. Excellent communicator adept at directing cross-functional teams. Hands-on leader who enjoys training and developing staff to improve productivity and drive profit enhancement. Background includes auditing of accounting and financial records, managing the accounting and administrative functions for both national and regional companies. Proven success working with operations in developing processes and procedures designed to improve profitability, efficiency and growth. Strengths Include: Strategic Planning/ Budgeting, Financial Reporting & Analysis, Sales and Gross Margin Forecasting, Managing AR, AP & General Ledger, Payroll Management, Customer & Product Line, Profitability Analysis, Product Pricing & Policy Enhancements.
Skills : Strategic Planning, Mergers & Acquisitions, Risk Management, Operations Management, Debt Restructuring, Capitalization, Compensation Strategies, Business Relationships
- Responsible for 28 employees and all administrative functions including accounting, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, it and human resources for a disaster response and derailment services company which generates annual revenues of $41.2 million.
- Directed the conversion and implementation of the ADP payroll system which freed up critical server space on the companies outdated accounting management system.
- Currently in the process of researching software providers in an effort to convert to a platform that can handle current operations and future growth of the company.
- Assisting in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitoring and directing the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Managing the capital request and budgeting processes. Developing performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
- Participating in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintaining in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
BS in Accounting