Director of Development Resume
Headline : An experienced Human Resource and Resource Development Professional with over 15 years of experience in event planning, volunteer management, human resources management, grant writing and fundraising.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Raiser's Edge, IMIS, Neon, Database Management.
- Planned, coordinated, and administered activities of the Triangle Urban League's National Achievement Society that included over 1000 youth from the Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill school districts.
- Assigned educational/youth programs that included developing, implementing, and supervising related procedures, processes, services, and systems.
- Managed and conducted Corporate Diversity Training on behalf of the Triangle Urban League to fortune 500 businesses and corporations in the Research Triangle community.
- Generated financial resources for the organization through corporate & individual sponsorships, grants, and special events totaling over $300,000.
- Developed, planned, coordinated, and implemented activities including, seminars, conferences, workshops, short courses, public events, and other related programs to promote academic achievement.
- Researched, developed, and coordinated new ideas and concepts for program themes, materials, and resources to supplement, expand, or replace existing program components aimed at helping to close the academic achievement gap.
- Monitored and evaluated program effectiveness, investigate education trends, and recommend and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness.
Director of Development & Event Resume
Headline : Track record of successfully developing and growing fundraising events and strategies. Versatile development leader within mental health, adult education, food security, and community health environments, Seasoned relationship developer with individual, corporate, and foundation donors, Positive and effective manager of cohesive, mission-driven teams.
Skills : Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Multitaking.
- Effectively built and managed a region of 9 schools to provide SES instructional programs within multiple school districts across Washington DC metro area through acquisition, registration, and quality program implementation.
- Promoted from Site Manager to Director within 3 months of being hired for exceeding targeted objectives.
- Successfully hired and trained 9 efficient Site Managers, 30 teachers, and 25 program aides within budget following strict guidelines mandated by DC Public Schools that resulted in servicing over 300 students.
- Collaborated with various stakeholders including principals, administrators, after school coordinators, and teachers in dynamic challenging environments, in effort to establish strategic partnerships.
- Ensured compliance with all Federal, State policies, and program requirements.
- Consistently maintained a program budget for program staff in line with revenue projections and actual.
- Interacted with teachers and parents on escalated issues and problems; acted as the primary contact for principals, and anyone from respective school districts for all questions and concerns.
Associate Director of Development Resume
Headline : Sustainable non-profit organizations that address and alleviate social concerns, provide higher educational opportunities and improve the lives of others. Specific areas of interest in philanthropy are at-risk youth, addiction/mental health, homeless assistance, and domestic violence. personal goals are to always go above and beyond, remain humble and carry on.
Skills : Communications, Volunteer Management, Development, Project Management.
- Worked as part of the executive team to facilitate relationships beneficial to the theatre company.
- Designed and coordinated all annual giving campaigns: corporate, foundation, and individual giving.
- Researched, tracked, and increased all opportunities for foundation-based funding.
- Researched, wrote, and presented compelling funding proposals to over 120 foundations per year.
- Met with regional CEOs to advance the theatre's cause through corporate funding relationships.
- Executed team, worked with officials, contractors, and consultants to expedite an in-depth feasibility study and mount an $8m capital campaign to fund the reconstruction of a historic theater.
- Designed and implemented an early online giving program.
Master of Science
Director of Development And Communications Resume
Objective : An accomplished development and communications professional with more than 15 years of experience seek a position within the nonprofit sector. Consistently meets organizational goals with enthusiasm, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Extremely successful at building positive relationships beneficial to the organization by creating an environment of trust, collaboration, and professionalism among staff, leaders, and vendors.
Skills : MS Office, Administrative Skills, Developing Skills.
- Worked closely with the VP/Strategy and Development to plan, develop, and maintain a comprehensive fundraising program on behalf of the agency and to enhance the organization's mission and vision.
- Identified and acquired new public and private funding resources.
- Aggressively sought new corporate and foundation funding sources.
- Cultivated relationships with current and past donors.
- Represented agency in meetings with potential funding sources.
- Administered the agency's grant proposal development and submission process.
- Managed the annual year-end giving campaign.
Interim Director of Development Resume
Headline : Responsible for Representing assigned program on behalf of the President/CEO; serving on various committees and attending professional meetings as appropriate, Planning and administering the first fund-raising dinner in a decade, securing over $100,000 in revenue, and hosting 400+ guests.
Skills : CompTIA A+, ORACLE Financials, HIPAA Trained, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll Processing, IT Helpdesk.
- Included developing a comprehensive business plan to implement proven fund-raising principles to effectively reach the desired Hospital's audience.
- Coordinated and supervised a staff of three.
- Planned included coordinating Hospital events: Annual Gala Ball, Taste of Life, and Golf & Tennis Tournament.
- Oversaw and evaluated these programs and events the main responsibility was to identify, cultivate, and solicit new donors for the Hospital.
- Conducted a comprehensive Planning and Feasibility Study that resulted in challenging the Hospital's constituency to raise $10 million.
- Created a grants manager position to maximize Development efforts.
- Designed and implemented a planned giving program.
BS In Marketing
Director of Development/Project Manager Resume
Summary : Director of Development/Project Manager professional with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication, emphasis on Culture and Media, who is seeking a position where I can utilize my fundraising and event management skills. I am an enthusiastic, dynamic individual, with experience in non-profit development, event planning, marketing, and leadership, with excellent verbal and written communication.
Skills : MS Office, Organizational Skills, Leadership.
- Led, designed, and coordinated all organizational annual fundraising events.
- Assigned and supervised staff during scheduled charitable events.
- Increased charitable giving by 41% in the first year, and 46% in the second year as DoD.
- Presented to various businesses, churches, and schools to increase awareness and grow charitable revenue.
- Partnered with local area Chamber of Commerce officials, churches, organizations, and businesses to promote and secure interest in the center and community awareness.
- Recruited, hired, and trained new organizational staff.
- Participated in and observed various counseling sessions with clients and lead counselor.
Bachelor Of Science
Director of Development & Production Resume
Summary : A Director of Development & Production position that maximizes my professional expertise in administration and management, finance, fundraising, marketing, and alumni relations, as well as communications, event planning, and social media.
Skills : Customer Service, Contract Negotiation.
- Assisted Chief Development Officer in coordinating overall Foundation budget of $12 million.
- Developed and implemented a strategic vision, goals, and objectives for a comprehensive annual giving program for over 30,000 individuals.
- Developed and maintained an effective communications plan to ensure that donors, prospects, and volunteers are regularly apprised of campaign efforts.
- Directed Circle of Care Leadership Giving Level program for donors giving $10,000 or more.
- Responsible for a portfolio of 120 current donors and prospects.
- Coordinated personal visits, made presentations, and cultivated new prospects.
- Responsible for coordination of annual National Circle of Care Leadership Conference and Gala as well as local recognition and stewardship dinners for donors.
BS In Journalism
Director of Development/Public Relations Resume
Summary : Demonstrated ability to implement brand standards and encourage policies and procedures that increase efficiency. Delivered exceptional sales results, which contributed to attaining weekly, quarterly, and yearly goals. Skilled in the creation and execution of training directives to develop and retain effective personnel.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Developing Skills, Communication Skills.
- Increased contributions from seniors through the creation of the Senior Class Giving Program.
- Collaborated with Executive Director tracking and monitoring advertising and promotional costs to control annual expenses.
- Managed successful designated funding campaigns for Back to School and playground cover.
- Selected, trained, supervised, and evaluated the work of professional and technical staff and consultants; recommends disciplinary actions as needed.
- Provided oversight and management of professional consulting services contracts.
- Attended and participated in professional group meetings; stays informed of new trends and innovations in the fields of planning, zoning, building, permitting, and code enforcement.
- Monitored changes in laws, regulations, and technology that may affect City or department operations.
Sr. Director of Development Resume
Summary : Enthusiastically do work that makes a positive impact in a fast-paced atmosphere/environment. Enhance a team-centered environment with enthusiasm and pride in the brand and work that we represent. Utilize my creativity, problem-solving skills, and business development instincts in everyday duties.
Skills : Fundraising, Strategic Planning & Development, Public Speaking, Event Management, Leadership Development, Microsoft Office, Quick Books, Program Management.
- Responsible for all grant writing which provided approximately $300,000 in annual funding and managed grant reporting process.
- Managed strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations, designed and implemented all fundraising activities, including annual giving, in-kind donations, campaigns, and special projects.
- Managed public relations and make community presentations.
- Managed the installation and implementation of Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge constituent management software.
- Established gift processing protocol and trained four (4) volunteers for day-to-day gift processing.
- Developed policies and procedures to streamline and guide data entry.
- Performed record audits to maintain data integrity.
Bachelor Of Science
Jr. Director of Development Resume
Objective : To continue to use my skills to assist people who are in need of resource procurement and therapeutic intervention. Directing production of all Women's Center publications and redesign of the website.
Skills : MS Office, Directing Skills, Communication Skills.
- Responsible for all public relations, marketing, and campaign fundraising.
- Supervised the graphics/communications individual and the volunteer resource coordinator.
- Participated in strategic planning with other management staff and carried out fundraising activities.
- Engaged the community in New ways through social media, in-kind giving, and advocacy.
- Researched and planned New website project plan with a website company.
- Raised funds through Give for Good community day of giving campaign 2 years in a row.
- Used Creative and strategic thinking and planning, improvement projects, fundraising, and supervision.