Optical Technician Resume
Objective : To obtain a position where I may utilize my strong knowledge and background in an administrative role. Possessing exceptional organizational and customer service skills with the ability to quickly learn new systems and procedures.
Skills : Medical Terminology, Biling and Coding,Ehr software,Eye Advantage,360,Microsoft Word,Excel,Office.
- Assist clients with insertion, removal and care of contact lenses.
- Assist clients to select frames that are appropriate for them and in the preferred style and color they want.
- Use measuring devices to take client measurements including bridge and eye sizes, vertex distance, papillary distance, temple length, optical eye centers for sizes for eyeglasses.
- Coordinate frames and eye measurements to the optical prescription.
- Prepare work orders to the optical laboratory that relate to the grinding and mounting of lenses in the chosen frames.
- Verify finished lens spectacles match the optical prescription and order placed.
- Make adjustments to frame and lens position to fit a client's facial structure; shape or reshape frames by heating, shaping or bending plastic and metal frames.
- Arrange and maintain optical merchandise displays.
Optical Technician/Manager Resume
Summary : High-achieving Optical Sales Associate offering an extensive background in customer service, sales, patient relations and optical knowledge. Self-directed and self-motivated team player who also works well independently.
Skills : <div>Knowledge of Products, Knowing The Boundaries.</div>
- Maintained organized records of customer prescriptions, work orders and payments.
- Confirms that frames were correctly built with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Heated, shaped and bent plastic and metal frames to adjust eyeglasses for clients.
- Operated ophthalmic instruments, including refractors, and lensometors.
- Responsible for assisting patients in selecting eyewear ordering and filing patient insurance and dispensing eyewear to patients.
- Routinely helped as many as 50 customers each day in a high-volume optical dispensary.
- Received amerit raise for strong attention to detail, exemplary customer service and team-player attitude.
- Skills Used Strong communication skills Excellent multi-tasker High-end fashion knowledge Organized Detail-oriented.
Optical Technician Lead Resume
Objective : Solutions-driven and healthcare-focused practice administrator experienced in leading medical practice administration leveraging 7+ years of experience in community research, healthcare and customer/patient service. Ability to manage healthcare operations through the development of cost-effective operational solutions and business plans for enhancing patient services, spearheading growth, improving financial performance, and increasing profitability.
Skills : Software & Tools: Microsoft Office, SPSS, SAS, STATA, Epi Info, ProTouch, MediTech, Modernizing Medicine EMA Software, AdvancedMD And REDCap.
- Assisted with vision testing, helped clients in selecting frames according to style and color, and ensured that frames were coordinated with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Determined clients' current lens prescriptions using lensometers or lens analyzers, and clients' eyeglasses.
- Evaluate prescriptions in conjunction with clients' vocational and avocational visual requirements.
- Performed contact lens and glasses fittings and dispensing.
- Conducted visual acuity measurements, confrontation fields testing, color vision testing, visual field testing, special testing of OCT measurements and ophthalmic photography.
- Answered routine inquiries or concerns regarding optometry care.
- Conducted patient education in regards to a variety of eye care matters.
Sr. Optical Technician Resume
Summary : Hard-working, multi-tasker, with outstanding telephone, scheduling and documentation skills. Looking to change my career path to find something more suitable.
Skills : Administrative: Telephone Technique Appointment Scheduling.
- Verify that finished lenses are ground to specifications.
- Prepare work orders and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
- Heat, shape, or bend plastic or metal frames to adjust eyeglasses to fit clients, using pliers and hands.
- Evaluate prescriptions in conjunction with clients' vocational and a vocational visual requirements.
- Assist clients in selecting frames according to style and color, and ensure that frames are coordinated with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Maintain records of customer prescriptions, work orders, and payments.
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames to suit client needs.
- Instruct clients in how to wear and care for eyeglasses.
Jr. Optical Technician Resume
Objective : Previously worked as a Certified Optical Technician at Optical. Detail-oriented professional with an eagerness to learn and a willingness to make an immediate contribution to the overall success of the organization.
Skills : Medical Billing, Microsoft office, Customer Service, Insurance Verification, Data Entry, Documentation, Medisoft.
- Interpreted prescriptions written by ophthalmologists and optometrists.
- Collected eye measurements including corneal width and thickness.
- Assisted patients in selecting eyeglass and lens treatments including tints and coatings.
- Communicated daily with Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance companies to submit claims as well as to address denied, pending and/or appealed claims.
- Obtained insurance authorizations and verified eligibility on a daily basis.
- Performed daily operation and utilization of lensometer to verify prescription and mounting of lenses.
- Educated clients on proper eyeglass and contact lens care.
- Kept track of orders, prescriptions, and inventory.
Optical Technician II Resume
Objective : Dedicated employee, and hard working. I am honest and can be trusted with responsibility. Extremely good with people and handing situations. Interested in a Clerical position.
Skills : Customer Service, Communication, CPR, Dependable, Employee.
- Managing accounts, reviewing timesheets, processing payroll & data entry of various records.
- Appointment scheduling, ensuring customer assistance & satisfaction.
- Receiving, sorting mail for proper routing, answering multi-line phone system.
- Assisting doctor in performing eye care procedures, keeping patients at ease, providing excellent customer service.
- Faxing, copying, scanning of documents, and responding to emails & other related duties.
- Maintain various computer databases for accurate information.
- Create/modify/update various forms/reports/spreadsheets.
Optical Technician III Resume
Headline : Precise Optical Technician with strong background interpreting OCT and visual fields. Training in the use of electronic medical records. Familiar with the eye insurance plans of Tricare Prime, AETNA and VSP. 6 years experience in healthcare. Learn new material and programs quickly. Detail-oriented and Proficient in MS Office.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Clerical, Office Equipment, Optometry Optical Tech.
- Schedule appointments, registered patients and distributed samples as prescribed.
- Keep up stock contact lenses, order lenses & other office supplies.
- Verified patients' eligibility and claims status with insurance agencies.
- Responsible for closing out daily transactions.
- Obtain a clean & presentable office for patients comfort daily, Attend to customer needs, if possible.
- Conducted preliminary screening examinations including external examination, autorefractometer and peripheral visual fields.
- Meticulously cleaned and sterilized optometry equipment.
High School Diploma
Optical Technician I Resume
Summary : Experience working with forklifts, pallet riders and RFguns. Experience working with various types of machinery. Experience in shipping department. Ability to work independently or as a team. Very dependable and trustworthy. Self motivated, initiate task without being asked. Learn very quickly. Very detail oriented and great muti-tasker.
Skills : RDA with office and chair side experience, Data Entry, Phone Skills, Computer Skills.
- Checked lens power and laid lenses out according to work tickets.
- Blocked lenses to shape using an Ice 900 Blocker.
- Used various edgers (manual and automatic) to edge lenses to specified shapes.
- Deblocked lenses and ensured they were routed to their specified stations.
- Checked lenes and frames for damage and defects.
- Mounted lenses into frames and adjusted accordingly.
- Read work tickets for special instructions and routed accordingly.
- Checked product using a focovision and huphrey to ensure powers, pd, seg heights and prism were correct.
Optical Technician I Resume
Objective : Result oriented, multi tasked and diligent individual with 5 years of customer service experience. Customer focused professional demonstrating interpersonal communication skills. Well organized and efficient; highly productive in a fast paced, high volume setting.
Skills : Customer Service, Optical Technician, Receptionist, Retail Sales.
- Provide all customers with superior customer service.
- Hands on experience in accepting payments from customers and give change and receipts.
- Handled all cash transactions with integrity.
- Maintained high standards of customer service during high volume fast paced operations.
- Communicated clearly and positively with coworkers and management.
- Followed procedures for repairs, assembly, and presentation of store and products.
- Thorough understanding of counting the money in the register at the beginning and end of each shift.
Optical Technician Resume
Objective : Optical Technician is responsible for all optical related tasks and systems, including manufacturing, assembly and installation of optical systems. It includes everything from a basic understanding of the optical system design to the production of customized components.
Skills : Optomap Retinal Scan Skillfulness, Thorough Patient Histories, Ocular Terminology, Measurements Of Accommodation And Convergence, Maintain High Standards Of Patient Care.
- Fitted and adjusted eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Educated patients about proper contact lens care, visual hygeine, and safety.
- Trained patients to safely insert and remove contact lenses.
- Performed visual field tests to measure field of vision.
- Gathered detailed chief complaint, while measuing the patients vision via autorefraction.
- Used lensometers to measure and record patients' lens power.
- Helped patients select frames according to desired style and color.
COA In Progress