Optician I Resume
Objective : 3+ years of experience as an optician. Motivated, personable, poised and competent with a demonstrated ability to easily transcend to various environments. Excellent team building and leadership skills with the knowledge to efficiently make critical decisions. Exceptionally strong work ethic and quick learner who takes criticism as a learning opportunity. Conquers any new task and willing to learn any new craft.
Skills : APCO (Association Of Public Safety Communication Officials), Certification APCO, EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatch) Certification, Computer, and Technical Literacy/Microsoft Office, and CPR Certified.
- Greeting patients with a warm welcoming, check-in patients who have appointments, and entering any walk-in appointments into store's appointment scheduler.
- Providing information about promotions and specials including frames, lenses, contacts, and accessories.
- Providing patients with health forms to fill out, including information on HIPAA.
- Sizing and styling, upselling lens options, informing patients of the benefits regarding different lens options and add-ons.
- Searching healthcare vision providers for patients who are able to use it, allowing patients to save money using their benefits.
- Demonstrating to new contact lens wearers the correct way of placing contacts into eyes, teaching patients to care and clean for contacts.
- Entering prescriptions provided by the doctor into the computer system and take other measurements for vision records.
- Calling patients by phone that are due for exams to ensure the store continuously maintains returning patients and reviews.
- Daily callbacks to continue store productivity by getting customer's back into the store.
- Including five-day callbacks to ensure the patient is satisfied with their previous orders and callbacks to ensure that patients are aware they are due for their annual exams.
Optician Assistant Resume
Objective : 4+ years of experience as an Optician. Through my past and present work experience, I have developed good customer/patient relations and communication skills. I enjoy interacting with people and perform well as a team player.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Mac OS X, Windows XP, Data Entry, Database Management, Inventory Management, Customer Service, Event Planning, Filing, Fax, Management, Marketing, Advertising, Office Management, Public Speaking, Receptionist, Sales, Training, and Typing.
- Greeting patients, answering phone lines, utilizing computing computer program for all aspects of the patient's visit, both medical and financial.
- Performing patient's pre-tests for the doctor, consisting of IOP test, ar-k's, VF, and blood pressure.
- Reviewing of patient's health and ocular histories including current medications and enter/update patient's electronic health record appropriately, including pretest results.
- Dspense specific dilation eye drops, and /or perform oct scan.
- Assisting patients with frame and lens selection, and acquire accurate measurements for proper fit.
- Submitting jobs and communicate with the optical lab as needed for patient orders.
- Assisting walk-in patients in need of eyeglass adjustments and minor repairs.
- Assist patients with contact lens orders and submit appropriately through the contact lens vendor.
- Verifying insurance contacted insurances for authorizations/co-pay information.
Assistant Manager / Optician Resume
Summary : 9 years of experience as an Optician with significant optical experience. Proven ability to effectively manage people, equipment and resources. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong customer service skills. Self-starter, and a motivated team player who can work independently. Confident in handling technical equipment. Experienced with various computer hardware and software.
Skills : Accounting Software (Peachtree, Quickbooks, Etc), Data Entry Terminal (PDT, Mainframe Terminal, Etc).
- Work directly with four optometrists to ensure the correct frame and lens selection for each of their patients.
- Evaluate proper lens style and material to order from support lab and process/edge lenses for the frame when received fit, dispense, and adjust new eyewear.
- Troubleshoots difficult progressive multifocal wearers and resolve issues.
- Took control of finishing lab resources, reviewed and modified lens inventory to make it more cost effective.
- Helped patients pick glasses that best suited them based off of lifestyle and work use.
- Obtained medical records, dealt with product issues and medical emergencies.
- Order items for patients and take accurate measurements, making sure they are satisfied with the final order.
Optician II Resume
Summary : 8 years of experience as an Optician. Looking to hold a position in a medical or office setting, and to be able to implement all the skills I have learned to better benefit my company. I would like to work for a reputable facility where I can continue my education.
Skills : Medical Manager, Typing 90 Wpm, Sepsis Control, Customer Service, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, HIPPA, OSHA, Claims Processing, 10-Key Ethics, Vital Signs, Medical Coding, and Medical Transcription.
- Schedule appointments and obtain authorizations for exams and materials daily.
- Check-in glasses and assemble them as they come and make sure it matches the patients prescription.
- Transcribed prescriptions and maintained quality control over eyeglasses.
- Pre-tested patients including taking images of the eye with optimal equipment.
- Managed inventory of frames and contact lenses to ensure optimum customer satisfaction, product variety, and store set-up requirements.
- Recommended lenses, lens coatings, and frames to suit client needs, while consistently achieving sales goals and quotas as determined by office staff.
- Provided honest but compassionate feedback about aesthetic choices in frames, while helping clients select frames according to desired style and color.
- Accurately measured bridge and eye size, vertex distance, temple length, pupillary distance and optical centers of eyes.
- Operated manual lensometer and other tools to achieve proper fittings and adjustments for clients.
Headline : 5+ years of experience as an Optician. Driven management professional skilled in providing creative solutions to customer complaints, recruit and train associates on product knowledge and sales techniques to employ quality and hard working staff.
Skills : Opening and Closing Procedures, Banking and Cash Control, Merchandising and Inventory Management, Outstanding Communication Skills, Accurate Cash handling, Conflict Resolution Skills, Sales Professional, Store Operations, Commission Sales, Recruiting, and Interviewing.
- Interpretation of prescriptions that are written by internal and external optometrists and ophthalmologists.
- Helping patients select eyeglass and lens treatments including materials, tints, and coatings.
- Creating work orders for lab technicians to ensure delivery of the proper lenses.
- Educating patients on differences between single vision and multifocal lenses and proper wear and use of chosen lenses.
- Organizing and managing the on-site lab and track all patient job progress at an outside lab to ensure proper delivery.
- Entering new patient information into computer, file and manage patient charts.
- Filing and searching insurance benefits and coverages into patient profiles and on insurance websites.
- Using lensometers to final inspect prescriptions before dispensing eyewear and to troubleshoot patient concerns.
Licensed Optician Resume
Objective : One year of experience as an Optician. Versatile professional, excellent at juggling multiple tasks and working under pressure, with a team or unsupervised.
Skills : Service-Oriented, Attention To Detail, Strong Organizational, Responsible And Reliable, Cash Handling Expert, Strong Work Ethic, Computer Literate, Quick Learner, and Self Starter, Type 65+ Wpm, Creative, and Safety Conscious.
- Entered accurate data including prescription, lens/frame options, and health insurance information into the illogic ordering system while maintaining a professional relationship with illogic help centers to resolve any issues.
- Administered optical lens and frame sales, ensured insurance billing, and computed all charges and credits.
- Generated daily and monthly financial reports and ensured sending recalls and patient statements monthly.
- Managed optical lens and frame sales; Assisted patients to select eyewear; insert and remove contact lenses, and processed custom optical product orders.
- Maintained telephone etiquette; greeted patients & responded to their queries; scheduled appointments
- Employ technical proficiency to troubleshoot lenses using the lensometer.
- Researched and gained familiarity in many different types of frames and methods for assisting customers with selecting frames based on both function and aesthetics.
- Gained proficiency in adjusting a wide variety of frames to maximize comfort and use.
Office Manager/Optician Resume
Summary : 13 years of optical and sales experience as an Optician, I work well with the public, I'm interested in a full-time position in the optical/medical field. Patient relations and customer service are strengths for me and I have always excelled in premium sales.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Answering Phones, Multi-Line Phone System, Sales, Research, Inventory, Customer Service, Managing Multiple Priorities, Personable, Typing, Customer Service, Organizational, Phone, Excellent Grammar, and Medical Terminology.
- Assist patients with frame selection, dispensing and repairing eyeglasses.
- Enter jobs and transmit orders to the lab using trace and transmit system and tinting lenses.
- Help the doctors and technicians when needed with insertion and removal training for new contact lens patients.
- Provided direct patient care for frame and lens selection, fitting, ordering, verification and dispensing.
- Process transactions and assist management with counting down the till and preparing bank deposits.
- Organize inventory in the stockroom and assist in keeping customer database organized.
- Listen to each customer's needs and preferences in order to recommend the product.
- Scheduled appointments, updated system with most recent contact and insurance information.
Lead Optician Resume
Summary : 12 years of experience as an Optician. Looking to acquire a position within a thriving, educational and growing company in which to utilize my skill sets.
Skills : Answering Phones, Filing Records, Customer Service, Giving Patients Quotes, Insurance Billing, Pretesting Patients, and Getting Patients Measurements For Glasses.
- Provide each customer with all there vision needs to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with others to promote sales, clarify insurance information, and continued knowledge of new vision products.
- Work closely with doctors to schedule follow up and surgery appointments for customers.
- Instrumental in improving customer-satisfaction ratings through the suggestion of verifying insurance 3-4 days prior to customer appointments.
- Increased product knowledge by assisting with the ordering of frames, supplies.
- Received outstanding positive comments from team members on employee reviews, as well as exceptional feedback from senior management.
- Assist doctor in pretesting patients in a timely manner and putting information on the computer.
Headline : 6+ years of experience as an Optician. I am a young and energetic person who loves taking on new tasks. I love learning new things and believe you always have room to grow and to better yourself. I welcome a challenge and will see to it any job assigned to me is not only completed but to the best of my ability.
Skills : Writing, Typing, Customer Service, Organizational, Phone, Excellent Grammar, and Medical Terminology In Relation To Ophthalmology.
- Educating patients on both eyeglasses and contacts, explaining prescriptions, helping patients select frames ensuring that they are appropriately fitted as well as helping them select the best lens/options to fit their lifestyle.
- Dispensing eyeglasses and contacts, fitting glasses, repairing glasses, phones, navigating insurance websites to obtain insurance information and authorizations, scheduling appointments, inventory, basic tasks around the office to maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Writing clear, detailed work orders and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
- Confirming frames were correctly built with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Obtaining detailed medical and personal data for patients charts and records.
- Proficient with my vision express program along with several vision insurance plans.
- Inspecting the accuracy of incoming orders to ensure cosmetic and prescription requirements.
- Confirming that frames were correctly built with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
Optician II Resume
Summary : 11+ years of experience as an Optician. I am a highly motivated person looking for a career in a medical office with room for growth and advancement.
Skills : Medical Terminology, and Practice In Optometric Settings, Problem-Solving, Personnel Management, and Vendors, Inventory Management, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, and Detail Oriented.
- Interpreting prescriptions written by optometrists and ophthalmologists.
- Helping patients select eyeglasses, lens treatments, and collect eye measurements.
- Tracking orders, frame inventory, lens inventory and prescriptions in records.
- Pulling insurance benefits, explain insurance benefits, and file claims to a third party payer.
- Assisting doctor in patient prep, take the history, verify prescriptions, check visual acuity, and run the additional test as needed.
- Verifying insurance facilitated the optometrist by ensuring paperwork was completed.
- Maintaining quality by verifying finished lenses are ground to specifications.
- Suiting customers need by recommending specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames.
- Evaluating the client's vocational and avocational visual requirements by reviewing optical requirements.