Senior Police Officer Resume
Summary : Senior Police Officer committed to serving and protecting others by using sound judgment in difficult and intense situations. Learned how to handle various situations and how to deescalate situations without backup in the correctional environment. To secure a challenging position that enables me to utilize my skills and be an asset to an organization that offers the potential for career growth.
Skills : High-Risk Personal Security, Leadership, Scuba Certified, Law Enforcement, Risk Management, Planning, Microsoft Word, Conflict Resolution.
- Provided for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting good community relations.
- Identified, pursued, and arrested suspects and perpetrators of criminal acts.
- Reviewed facts of incidents to determine if criminal act or statute violations were involved.
- Rendered aid to accident victims and other persons requiring first aid for physical injuries.
- Testified in court to present evidence or act as a witness in traffic and criminal cases.
- Evaluated complaint and emergency-request information to determine response requirements.
- Monitored, noted, reported, and investigated suspicious persons and situations, safety hazards, and unusual or illegal activity in patrol area.
- Investigated traffic accidents and other accidents to determine causes and to determine if a crime or violations were committed.
Associate in Science
Master Police Officer/Detective Resume
Summary : Master Police Officer/Detective with over twenty-four years of progressively responsible and diversified experience. I have a proven record of achievement, creating organizational structure, program enhancements, and personal development. Highly skilled in crucial facets of management including, but not limited to; planning, program development, budgeting, personnel selection, supervision, law enforcement/security operations, and training. A dedicated team-oriented professional recognized for excellence and achievement.
Skills : Law Enforcement, Law Enforcement, Fire Safety, Instructor, Security, EMT, Investigations
- Investigating criminal activities committed on or adjacent to school property.
- Counseling public school students in special situations, such as students suspected to be engaged in criminal misconduct, when requested by the principal or the principal designee or by the parent of the student.
- Answering questions that students may have about Georgia criminal or juvenile law.
- Assisting other law enforcement officers with outside investigations concerning students attending the school(s) to which the SRO is assigned.
- Providing traffic control during the arrival and departure of students when a school crossing guard is absent.
- Serving as a liaison between the schools, community agencies, and the police and sheriff's offices and disseminating information beneficial to public order and safety.
- Informing students of their rights and responsibilities as lawful citizens.
- Formulating educational crime prevention programs to reduce the opportunity for crimes against persons and property in the school.
BS in Criminal Justice
Auxiliary Police Officer Resume
Summary : Resourceful and dedicated Auxiliary Police Officer with motivational leadership training and employee supervision experience. Fourteen years in security, corrections and law enforcement. A hard worker who exercises excellent judgment during crisis events. To obtain a management position where I can effectively utilize my expertise in human relations, project management, and staff recruitment and retention.
Skills : Criminal Law Knowledge, Crisis Intervention Training, Self-defense Techniques, Search And Seizure Procedures, Firearms Training, Crime Scene Investigation
- Educated the public on crime prevention strategies and community policing.
- Preserved crime scenes, gathered evidence, and documented chain of custody.
- Drafted and executed subpoenas, search warrants, and surveillance activities for criminal investigations.
- Conducted felony level investigations and requested additional resources as needed.
- Drafted and executed subpoenas, search warrants, and surveillance activities for criminal investigations.
- Ensured public safety, enforced traffic laws, and investigated criminal activity.
- Patrolled high crime rate areas of the city and respond to calls for service.
- Prepared detailed written reports articulating and detailing specifics facts based on eyewitness accounts.
- Investigated and executed arrests involving violations of the municipal and state laws.
- Processed evidence, documented findings in reports for courts, attorneys and superiors.
Security And Law Enforcement
Military Police Officer Resume
Summary : Creative team oriented and results focused individual seeking to invest skills, experience, and abilities by contributing to companies organizational goals and objectives. Have cross experience in business and law enforcement in management roles including project management. A position in a results-oriented Squadron that seeks an ambitious and career conscious person, where acquired skills and education will be used toward growth and advancement.
Skills : Law Enforcement & Public Safety, Crime Prevention, Emergency Planning & Response, Traffic Patrol Security/Surveillance Operations, Defensive Tactics, Law Enforcement & Public Safety, Crime Scene Management
- Performing and enforcing the full range of police officer duties within the military installation.
- Pursuing and apprehending or directing apprehension of persons fleeing a crime scene or attempting to resist arrest, carries a firearm.
- Mirandizing the suspects, preserving evidence, and testifying in court as it pertains to enforcing laws and regulations on a military installation.
- Conducting preliminary and final short-term investigations of a broad range of alleged and actual crimes occurring within the military installation.
- Investigating crimes and suspecting criminal activities, interviews witnesses, securing crime scenes, compiling and preserving evidence.
- Responding to calls for emergency assistance to include murder, traffic accidents, domestic disputes, suicides, burglary, robbery, sex offenses, unruly or truant child, missing persons, suspicious persons, gang fights, or neighborhood disputes, catastrophic events, enemy attacks, scenes of crimes and natural disasters, makes apprehensions.
- Acting as the on-scene commander for significant and catastrophic events as required.
- Enforcing weapons systems security standards, traffic rules, and regulations, including those related to speed, reckless and drunken driving.
Human Services Management
Police Officer/Investigator Resume
Summary : Accomplished and energetic Police Officer/Investigator with a solid history of achievement in policing, customer service, and leadership. Motivated leader with strong organizational and prioritization abilities. Areas of expertise include customer service, leadership, and time management. To obtain employment where I can become a valuable asset and maximize my experience and skills.
Skills : Customer And Personal Service, Persuasion, Speaking, Active Listening, Service Orientation, Negotiation, Social Perceptiveness, Reading Comprehension
- Interacting with citizens to identify and solve problems in their neighborhoods.
- Assisting the public, keeping law and order and directing traffic.
- Making necessary arrests, keeping records and writing reports of all important incidents.
- Patrolling a beat on foot or in a patrol car. Directing involvement with community members to organize crime prevention activities in neighborhoods.
- Responding to citizen calls for assistance during crisis situations.
- Communicating directly with neighborhood residents to identify and solve problems.
- Answering questions from the public. Assisting people who are involved in accidents.
- Checking property, suspicious persons and all others suspicious or dangerous conditions within the City.
- Investigating complaints and conducts preliminary investigations at the scene of crime, accident or other police matters.
Bachelor Of Science
Police Officer / Detective Resume
Summary : Dedicated Police Officer / Detective skilled at dealing with the general public and handling high- stress situations and emotionally disturbed persons, including domestic violence and child abuse victims. Courageous Police Officer with 18 years leading gang and drug task forces. Extensive knowledge of gangs and vice crimes. Police Officer who possesses situational awareness and integrity, as well as dedication to safety. Resourceful Police Officer focused on maintaining order and public safety, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property and promoting positive community relations. Dedicated Police Officer trained in all aspects of the highway patrol.
Skills : Highly Dependable, Government Security Clearance, Fast Learner, Weapons Training, Theft Prevention, Training, Security Guard License
- Actively patrolled assigned areas to prevent and detect crimes.
- Enforced all traffic laws and ordinances and checked speed with radar.
- Conducted thorough investigations of serious injury and fatality traffic accidents.
- Investigated and reported crimes, accidents, offenses and damage to property.
- Responded immediately to calls involving automobile accidents and criminal activity.
- Apprehended suspects, read Miranda rights and transported offenders to jail.
- Talked regularly with citizens to establish rapport and become a familiar presence in the area.
- Responded quickly to suspected bomb threats and evacuated buildings to search for explosive devices.
- Issued traffic citations and electronic tickets for violations of traffic laws.
- Immediately reported deficient streetlights, signs and road surfaces to keep residents safe.
- Gathered necessary information for court appearances and testified as a witness under oath in court.
Bachelor's in Homeland Security
Civilian Police Officer Resume
Objective : Civilian Police Officer offering one plus year of law enforcement experience comprised of jailer experience. Adept and efficient in working under high-stress conditions. I also have the discipline to remain meticulous and maintain zeal throughout the most tedious of tasks. Possesses expert problem-solving skills and leadership ability marked with a keen sense of basic human psychology and behaviorisms. This basic knowledge of psychology allows me to analyze, empathize and effectively relate to a diverse workforce or civilian population.
Skills : Communication, Analytical & Research Computer & Technical Literacy, Adaptability & Flexibility, Managing Multiple Priorities, Interpersonal Abilities, Leadership/Management, Multicultural Sensitivity
- Possessed knowledge of city ordinances, civil service, state and federal laws, content, intent and application of the criminal law, adult and juvenile judicial procedures, civil and constitutional laws, departmental policies and procedures, laws of arrest and search and seizure, techniques of interview and interrogation, criminal case preparation, crime scene management, oral and written communication skills.
- Meticulously prepared clear and concise written reports, communicated effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Analyzed dangerous situations rapidly and accurately before taking safe effective action.
- Enforced federal, state and municipal laws, worked with the public in a courteous respectful manner.
- Experience working on rotating shifts, patrols assigned beat to aid in preventing crime and to enforce federal, state and city laws.
- Observed, reported and acted upon conditions conducive to crime and danger such as checking buildings, assisting other officers, enforcing traffic, making arrests, transporting prisoners and investigating crimes.
- Consistently provided assistance to the public in emergency and non-emergency situations, administered first aid and requests appropriate medical response.
- Performed crisis intervention in sensitive situations and domestic disputes, educated the public on laws and ordinances.
Police Officer I Resume
Summary : Police Officer I highly effective at taking leadership direction from superiors, as well as mentoring junior officers. Believes that a willingness to learn and an emphasis on teamwork are essential qualities of successful law enforcement officers. Officer that continues to learn and strive to become a better officer. A leader and Training Officer to newly hired officers. Investigative skills and ability to solve cases in a timely manner creating an invaluable officer. Willingness to take that extra step, going beyond expected duties establishing a more knowledgeable officer.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Inventory Control, Investigations, Teaching, Policy Development, Powerpoint, Documentation
- Responding to domestic disturbances, death investigations/notifications, robbery, theft, and various service calls.
- Maintaining pro-active patrols, responding to calls for service, community policing, report writing, conducting preliminary investigations, traffic regulation, evidence collection, testifying in court, making arrests, proficiency in firearms & self-defense, etc.).
- Assisting the public with their needs and provided legal advice resigned due to it not being the right fit.
- Utilizing mobile field reporting to write police reports and conduct research on subjects.
- Maintaining administrative requirements by preparing reports, paperwork, and forms, attending specialized training and preparing case files.
- Documenting any and all findings in reports, criminal complaints or memos when needed.
- Assigning to patrol enforce any and all state, local and county laws in and on any county properties and parks as well as enforce any vehicle code violations.
- Responding to any and all emergency calls, from medical emergencies to motor vehicle accidents to reports of criminal activities within the township.
High School Diploma
Police Officer Lieutenant Resume
Summary : Experienced Police Officer Lieutenant with competency pursuing and apprehending persons fleeing a crime scene and resisting arrest; subduing individuals causing disturbances, identifying and arresting violators based on eyewitness accounts; coordinating emergency responses between security, fire, and other emergency units, taking charge of a crime scene and restricting access to the scene and seeking, detecting, and protecting evidence and witnesses at the scene of an incident. Proficiency responded to diverse emergency calls, complaints and other calls for service.
Skills : Field Training Officer, Fingerprinting, Felony Laws Knowledge, Exceptional Problem Solver, Community Relations Expert, Exceptional Report/Documentation
- Responding to calls concerning felonies and misdemeanors under federal, state, local and tribal laws, they investigate, apprehend, arrest, and detain all persons charged with violation of title 18 of the united states code.
- Responding to calls concerning emergencies such as traffic accidents, domestic violence, and disorderly conduct.
- Maintaining law and order within the area of assignments by patrolling in a patrol vehicle, investigating suspicious situations, and taking action as appropriate.
- Performing assignments as working radar on busy highways, participating in night surveillance in high crime areas, and participating in traffic and crowd control activities.
- Making arrests in cases of crime or misdemeanors, taking persons arrested to appropriate authorities for booking or formal charging.
- Enforcing all laws and regulations within his/her authority related to possession, use, distribution, trafficking and manufacturing of controlled substances.
- Serving federal, state, or local or tribal warrants, subpoenas, and other court papers.
- Testifying at hearings and trials as an expert witness in federal, state, local or tribal courts as required.
- Preparing and submitting reports of incidents or traffic accidents, daily and weekly activities, and narratives and statistical reports as required.
Police Corporal/Police Officer Resume
Summary : Police Corporal/Police Officer with high-capacity leadership experience in all aspects of law enforcement, risk management, security operations, along with field investigation, site assessments, mass crisis management, and emergency response/recovery. Police Officer with more than 14 years' experience in risk assessment, report generation, work scope definition, requirements identification, resource allocation, asset deployment, and executive relationship building. Accomplished at developing and implementing successful Anti-terrorism and Disaster Response and Recovery law enforcement and security initiatives with a confident and reasoned approach.
Skills : Office Applications, Investigations, Firearms, Public Relations, Public Speaking, Office Management, Operations Management, Internet Research, Excel, Emergency Management
- Assigned to the anti-terrorism team, serving as team leader for a team of 8.
- Served as a subject matter expert, providing disaster support and delivering response and recovery tactics for intentional or unintentional crises, disasters, other humanitarian emergencies, hazards, natural and man-made/technological CBRNE (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, high-yield explosives) incidents.
- Earned certifications as an SME and train the trainer expertise in homeland security anti-terrorism strategies, and mass care and emergency assistance employing metro transit police rescue and recovery procedures to ensure safe and efficient evacuations and proper evidence recovery.
- Coached and trained staff on recovery processes, plans, standard operating procedures, and compliance with emergency management directives, regulations, policies, laws, and standards.
- Regularly served as an officer in charge (oic), providing on-scene command, supervising and appropriating work assignments to staff.
- Demonstrated technical proficiencies through report writing, assessments and strategy development using critical data analysis.
- Improved and strengthened internal operations, assisted in the creation of a classification system for team duties, helping to streamline knowledge and simplify processes.
- Closely liaises with law enforcement officials at all levels, as well as government agencies and national/ international intelligence communities on anti-terrorism preparedness metrics.
- Made recommendations for improvement to metro senior leadership regarding policies that were later used to update and refine existing protocols and safety policies.
MA in Government And Politics