Law Clerk - Case Manager Resume
Summary : A people-oriented Law Clerk - Case Manager with excellent and thorough legal research skills and strong client relation and communication skills, knowledgeable of Federal and Texas laws, experienced in regulatory compliance, civil litigation, legal drafting and filing, contract management. Creative problem solver with well-developed skills, who consistently exceeds expectations. Capable of building productive relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels.
Skills : Agreement Drafting, Microsoft Office Suite, In-depth Research, Dispute Resolution, Administrative Support, Conversational Japanese And Spanish, Web Savvy
- Researched and analyzed law sources to prepare drafts of briefs and arguments for review, approval, and use by attorney.
- Reviewed and filed pleadings, petitions and other documents relevant to court actions.
- Prepared affidavits of documents and maintaining the document files and case correspondence.
- Prepared real estate closing statements and assisted in the closing process.
- Delivered and directed delivery of subpoenas to witnesses and parties to the action.
- Arranged transportation and accommodation for witnesses and jurors, if required.
- Appraised and inventoried real and personal property for estate planning.
- Searched for and studied legal documents to investigate facts and law of cases, to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
General Equivalency Diploma
Senior Law Clerk Resume
Summary : Success-driven Senior Law Clerk with experience in International Business, and business law who continuously strives to gain knowledge of the law and work hard to become a prominent lawyer in the business law area. Passionate about combining experience to build a long-term career involving the intersection of these fields.
Skills : Contract Administration, Contract Negotiation, Editing, Research, Legal Research, Legal Terminology, LexisNexis
- Assisting the attorneys by drafting correspondence, billing, data entry, and maintaining files.
- Facilitating attorney preparation for trial by preparing power point presentations and other exhibits, providing technical support at trial.
- Assisting in preparing for deposition, and implemented a new filing system, which resulted in easier access and increased office efficiency.
- Filing responses, motions, and briefs at the courthouse and attending settlement negotiations and observe trials.
- Assisting in all aspects of case preparation for business litigation cases.
- Reviewing and filing pleadings, petitions and other documents relevant to court actions.
- Performing legal research and preparing memoranda on various issues in civil law, including condemnation, and habeas corpus.
- Proposing requests for admission and requests for production of documents.
BS in Criminal Justice
Temporary Law Clerk Resume
Headline : Temporary Law Clerk with 5 years of experience. To obtain an Attorney position that provides the opportunity to learn and grow with a team of experienced and talented attorneys.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Westlaw, LexisNexis, Relationship Management, New Business Development, Volunteer Management
- Interpreted laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Examined briefs, transcripts, and records of particular cases and reported to the judge on the legal issues involved in each case.
- Participated in conferences called by the judge to evaluate each case before the court.
- Worked on an extensive research project in collaboration with public schools.
- Drafted motions for cases and assisted with the drafting of appellate briefs.
- Conducted extensive research and drafted memoranda for senior attorneys.
- Assisted attorneys in the areas of housing, family law, benefits, and education law.
- Performed client intake, maintained case files, and scheduled consultations.
- Drafted memoranda, affidavits, motions to compel, amended complaints, EEO intakes, and letters to opposing counsel.
B.A. in Political Science
Temporary Law Clerk Resume
Objective : Qualified Temporary Law Clerk with over 3 plus years of experience in all legal and administrative matters to secure & retain interests & healthy growth of the organization. Resourceful with the ability to assess all legal issues, producing professional results while adhering to guidelines. Gained knowledge in handling all legal matters relating to Civil, Labour disputes and property transactions, etc.
Skills : Legal Research, Legal Writing, Mediation, Arbitration, Contract Drafting, Compliance
- Litigation support on cases in various practice areas including but not limited to foreclosure defense, municipal, police and civil rights defense, personal injury, employment defense and criminal defense.
- Converted, opened and maintained legal files, including completing case information sheet, logs, and checklists.
- Prepared and filed legal documents with courts and other agencies.
- Screened and responded to inquiries from clients, opposing counsel and court.
- Answered multi-line telephone, filing, scanning, copying, and preparing of mail courier duties.
- Draft business formation and dissolution documents, probate forms, family court forms and visa applications.
- Draft assorted pleadings including complaints, motions, objections and reply briefs.
- Prepare discovery demands and review discovery requests and prepare responsive materials.
- Presented bi-weekly articles on recent legal cases before the eeoc and merit systems protection board.
Paralegal/ Law Clerk/ Office Manager Resume
Summary : Interactive Paralegal/ Law Clerk/ Office Manager and proven leader with a strong, dedicated work ethic. Highly educated, personable professional with a B.A. and J.D. who is able to translate strategy into a clear plan of action. Seeking a position with an organization that values customer focus, forward thinking, high performance, and dedication.
Skills : Paralegal, Grant Writing, Grants Administration, Event Management, Bookkeeping, Coordination, Events, Higher Education, Microsoft Office
- Preparing pleadings, motions, settlement demands, and briefs to the court under attorney supervision.
- Communicating with clients via telephone and in person regarding court procedures and case status.
- Reviewing and participating in depositions, trials, answering interrogatories, and client meetings.
- Responsible for organizing and summarizing client files and allocating work to legal secretaries at times.
- Screening calls, updating clients with the status of their case, providing no-fault information to medical clinics and insurance companies.
- Performing legal research using reference materials generally available within a law library and electronic resource tools.
- Drafting correspondence, letters of protection and other legal instruments including summarizing deposition and interrogatories.
- Conducting legal and legislative research, preparing a brief, well-written and easily understanding analysis on legal matters.
Attorney Law Clerk Resume
Objective : Attorney Law Clerk with a strong background in science and technology. Passionate about combining experience to build a long-term career involving the intersection of these fields. To pursue a career which provides ample opportunity to translate my learning and provide a competitive edge for the organization. Willing to work as a key player in challenging and creative environment.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Social Networking, Customer Service, Database Management, Documentation, Research, Legal Research
- Drafted, edited, and reviewed pleadings, motions, briefs, memoranda, subscription agreements, employment agreements, and other legal and business documents covering domestic and cross-border issues for clients based in United States, Europe, and China.
- Researched, prepared, and filed trademark applications with the USPTO and assisted with office actions.
- Handled court filings at trial and appellate courts and responsible for document management and compilation.
- Reviewed briefs, research law, draft memos, attended hearings and trials and drafted orders on a wide variety of criminal and civil matters.
- Served as a court-appointed mediator to help facilitate communication between parties with the goal of settling matters and avoiding trial.
- Attended meetings with senators, legislative staff, interest groups, and constituents.
- Handled lawyer's calendar and scheduling of hearings, depositions, etc.
- Tracked legislation, conduct legal and policy research and drafted memos on issues debated by the United States Senate.
Doctor Of Jurisprudence
Research Assistant / Law Clerk Resume
Objective : Top-performing Research Assistant / Law Clerk with a progressive experience of 3 plus years in handling core contracting needs of the client. Possess in-depth knowledge of legal terminologies and principles, specializing in areas of contract management, a legal document summarizing and agreement drafting. Innovative and highly effective at developing creative case strategies and writing persuasive briefs. Thrives in dynamic environments and quickly adapts to the ever-changing demands of the legal field.
Skills : Written Communication, Drafting, Organizational, Reporting, Assessment, Supervising, Contract Negotiations, Data Analysis
- Performed research on various areas of law including personal injury and labor law.
- Attend scheduling conferences and assist with managing court calendar and outstanding motions before the court.
- Researched and drafted federal appeals on supplemental social security income and social security disability insurance claims for children and adults.
- Researched and drafted on the record decisions and reconsideration pre-hearing briefs.
- Drafted, edited, and proofread foundational business documents, including articles of organization, bylaws, minutes, and operating agreements for single and Multi-Member LLCs, Corporations, and Partnerships.
- Composed the managing agreement for a homeowners association community redevelopment project valued at $22 million.
- Communicated with local attorneys and court clerks to determine court rules and arrange conferences.
- Researched case law and edited the brief in an appeal from an order modifying a parenting plan.
Judicial Law Clerk Resume
Headline : An ambitious, enthusiastic and committed Judicial Law Clerk having five years of experience of legal Drafting and research and who possesses a genuine interest in law.I have a passion for public service, in both the criminal and social justice fields. I strive to be educated and informed in these areas, which provides me with to understand and communicate them well to others.
Skills : Languages, Negotiation, Office Management, Public Speaking, Public Relations, Legal Terminology, Answering Phones, Receptionist, Typing
- Collaborated instrumentally on a wide range of agreement negotiations, positioning the artists advantageously in all recording, co-publishing, release and distribution initiatives.
- Communicated effectively with record labels to clear samples for client's masters.
- Researched the operation of international criminal courts and tribunals.
- Developed handbook for non-governmental organizations to use in monitoring international criminal courts.
- Researched the use of secure detention for the incarceration of status offenders.
- Utilized research findings to draft internal memoranda, issue briefs, and a scholarly article.
- Drafted letters to state and federal legislators in support of the reauthorization of the juvenile justice and delinquency prevention act.
- Kept abreast of changes in the law and informed lawyers when cases are affected by such changes.
Student Law Clerk Resume
Objective : Energetic Student Law Clerk seeking a responsible position in a creative organization where my skills are honed and updated to the fullest. To pursue a career, which is dynamic, challenging, prefer long-term satisfaction & intellectual development to enhance my interactive skill to utilize the best of my abilities & knowledge gained, towards the achievement of organizational goals.
Skills : Legal Research, Legal Terminology, LexisNexis, Drafting, Conflict Resolution, Negotiation, Contracts, Policy Development, Proposal Writing, Legal Research And Writing
- Spoke directly with clients on a daily basis in order to discuss existing or new legal issues that they were experiencing.
- Assisted clients in referring them to attorneys that specialized in the client's legal needs.
- Communicated with our in-house attorneys as well as our panel attorneys who worked within the bay area to discuss how to best resolve client issues.
- Wrote court motions and accompanied attorneys to court to assist in advocating for our clients.
- Maintained client files using an electronic database to keep client information current and relevant pertaining to their legal issue.
- Serviced low-income and disabled individuals in providing them referrals for legal assistance.
- Researched federal laws concerning the various civil and criminal matters prosecuted by the USA.
- Worked closely with the assistant united states attorneys on both civil and criminal matters.
JD in Law
Temporary Law Clerk Resume
Objective : Temporary Law Clerk, adept at conducting due diligence/research, evaluating and preparing legal documents, assessing claims on damages, analyzing commercial contracts and managing clients expectations. Self-starter with proven ability to achieve outcomes through diligence, teamwork, and relationship management.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Legal Research, Legal Writing, Public Speaking, Time Matters, Communication
- Received and screened visitors and telephone calls by providing general and specialized information regarding departmental functions.
- Attended and assisted in court hearings, mediations, client consultations, and meetings with opposing counsel.
- Drafted summary disposition motions, motions, and requested for discovery.
- Worked on client cases relating to business, insurance, and personal injury law.
- Drafted pleadings, motions, and researched memos for family law, landlord-tenant, and property cases.
- Attended pre-trials, trial dates, referee hearings, and conciliations with clients.
- Conducted client meetings and intakes, and handled day-to-day contact with clients via phone.
- Represented clients under student practice rule at the 55th district court.
- Assisted in preparation for upcoming negotiations, mediations, and depositions.