Purchasing Manager Resume
Summary : Highly accomplished Senior Purchasing Manager with a strong knowledge of Aerospace and Defense Industry. Proven scheduling, organizational, guidance and negotiation skills demonstrated through the purchasing and inventory management of $40 million annually. Attentive to customer needs, delivering their requirements to increase sales and profit. Establish strategic vendor/supplier relationships to develop performance-based low-cost solutions and negotiating win-win agreements.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, Excel, Account Management, Lean Manufacturing, Customer Service, Sales, Inventory Management, Shipping, Shipping, And Receiving
- Executing, directing and coordinating purchasing activities for all active military and aerospace programs.
- Planning and purchasing complex, high-value parts, components, supplies, equipment, raw materials and services at the best terms.
- Ensuring material compliance with the company policy of high quality while minimizing inventory investments.
- Placing purchase orders in response to material requirements (quantity and timing) typically established by MRP.
- Providing guidance and training to buyer/planners, determining the quantity and order date for materials needed to meet master production schedule and ensuring these orders are placed in compliance with both company standards as well as federal guidelines.
- Instrumental in the negotiation of long term agreements resulting in a 15% reduction in material cost.
- Working within cross-functional development teams, to support Gulfstream, Raytheon, spirit, Sikorsky releases while meeting business unit product cost goals.
- Contributing directly to group annualized cost savings on new and existing components, through negotiations and value engineering for both commercial and government contracts.
- Participated in and managed process improvements for the purchasing department by assisting in the training of new procurement employees as well as cross training the expeditors to assist in the purchasing of materials and services to better expedite misc.
High School Diploma
Purchasing Manager Assistant Resume
Summary : Savings-driven Purchasing Manager Assistant who knows how to leverage supplier resources as well as their technical skills to achieve business objectives. Known for creative and profitable approaches to problem-solving, conducting skillful negotiations, developing strong teams, and establishing outstanding relationships with suppliers and customers. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and reputation for producing the highest quality work.
Skills : Effective People Management, Good At Cost Analysis,critical Thinking,good With Project Management,time Management,active Listening And Learning.
- Currently working for a manufacturer that ranks as one of the top five manufacturing companies for air control products in the HVAC industry.
- Overseeing all operations within the purchasing department, including facility maintenance for three separate properties including equipment, janitorial and grounds with a staff that includes eight employees, two purchasing agents, three material handlers, and one material supervisor and two facility maintenance employees.
- Responsible for putting procedures in place to make the company more profitable by eliminating major interruptions in production due to depleted inventory.
- Directing personnel on how to properly maintain incoming raw materials cost that exceeds $16 million annually.
- Created the tracking system of raw materials and development of requisitions process.
- Introduced the company to Kanban systems, VMI programs and implemented a jit inventory system.
- Negotiating costs for hundreds of raw materials, which includes putting contracts in place for all types of metals, motors, aluminum extrusions, actuators, and fasteners.
- Developed task teams to reduce waste and identify areas that could help the company become aware of green incentives while bringing in more dollars for the company.
- Experience with brokers, logistics, and customs on getting materials to the company in a timely manner.
Bachelors of Science
Office And Purchasing Manager Resume
Summary : Experienced Office And Purchasing Manager with strong leadership and relationship-building skills. Motivated and committed to cost-effective management of resources and quality performance. Organized Purchasing Manager with diligence, resourcefulness, and experience to expand and improve regional operations for multiple locations. Self-directed and proactive with strong program management abilities. To obtain a position with a financially sound & well-positioned organization enabling me to integrate and utilize my planning, problem-solving, team building, and leadership skills in a new industry.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Interpersonal Training Course, Six Sigma Training, Quality Auditing For ISO 9001:2000 And Current Good Manufacturing Practices Compliance, Kaizen Training, Quality Technician American Society For Quality
- Creating/managing requisitions, creating/managing purchase orders, placing orders, receipt of goods and materials, processing returns, resolving discrepancies, and reporting.
- Securing daily operational supplies, materials, services, and equipment needs at a corporate level for multiple businesses using a professional, transparent and well-communicated approach.
- Responsible for the management of staff, procurement processes, and related responsibilities of a multi-national operation maintain effective coordination of daily operational needs and goals.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of policy and procedures related to the procurement processes.
- Responsible for the supervision of staff to effectively uphold adherence towards procurement policy and procedure.
- Requisitioning creation, reviewing, and approvals creating purchase orders, resolving discrepancies, processing returns, and receiving.
- Responsible for the development of relationships with strategic suppliers, sourcing new vendors as needed at the best terms possible administration and maintenance of GPO contracts, equipment leases, service contracts, contract reviews, renewals, and terminations.
- Developing and maintaining procurement related reports implement creative changes and efficiency to minimize costs, maintain quality in both product and operations.
- Working with all levels of management and executive team, collaborations, problem-solving, and change management.
BS in Business Administration
Account And Purchasing Manager Resume
Summary : Dedicated Account And Purchasing Manager specializing in logistics coordination, vendor relations, and inventory management. Organized and proactive with remarkable project management, communication, and planning abilities. Seeking Purchasing with advancement potential in need of leader skilled at reducing costs and increasing department efficiency. Purchasing Manager proficient at problem-solving and program development. Ten plus-year histories with progressive experience. Seeking an advanced leadership position with an established company.
Skills : Microsoft Office, MRP Systems, Customer Service, Negotiation, Management, Six Sigma Tools, Green Belt, Project Management
- Provided global data center services that ensure the vitality of the information-driven world.
- Planned organized, directed, controlled, and evaluated the purchasing activities of an establishment.
- Managed a staff of 3 and 27 site managers, plus assumed responsibilities for developing an annual operating budget of $63 million.
- Developed purchasing policies and procedures and implemented new processes for a start-up company.
- Saved the company over $1m in excess inventory costs by detecting a flaw in the ordering system.
- Implemented a new software program (Purchasingnet) with catalog items & pricing.
- Uncovered freight consolidation program, which was expected to save the company money, was actually costing the company for the larger vendors, convincing suppliers to supply us with free freight with ground shipping.
- Developed strategic suppliers and negotiated contract agreements to reduce the number of vendors resulting in cost savings due to reduced administrative costs as well as quantity price breaks.
- Sourced and negotiated pricing for 600 items with an annual purchased value of $10 million including establishing bulk commodity pricing agreements participated in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
Inventory /Purchasing Manager Resume
Summary : High-energy Inventory /Purchasing Manager successful in building and motivating dynamic teams. Cultivating a company culture in which staff members feel comfortable voicing questions and concerns, as well as contributing new ideas that drive company growth. To obtain a position that will utilize my current skills as well as challenge me to master additional skills.
Skills : Purchasing, Production Management, Inventory Management, Receiving, Data Entry, Reconciliation, Pricing, Accounts Payable, Computer Literate, Forklift, Quality Control
- Processing all orders for packaging supplies, housekeeping supplies, office supplies, maintenance, safety supplies, research & development, and capital expense purchases.
- Responsible for finished goods inventory, making sure to maintain min/max levels to avoid any outages and fulfill all customer requests.
- Building and maintaining relationships with manufacturer representatives to negotiate pricing, terms, freight, return allowances.
- Working with the quality control department to rectify any customer complaints or quality issues with inventory and follow up with suppliers to ensure any issues are addressed, corrected and credited if required.
- Providing total follow-up on all orders, from the time the order is placed until it is received.
- Assisting product development and the engineering department in developing and sourcing out new items.
- Evaluating current vendors and source out new vendors for bidding requests.
- Providing assistance to the accounts payable department includes receiving all items from deliveries and assist with any price discrepancies on invoices from the approved purchase order.
- Providing research for customer service on custom quotes, lead time and back order status.
Bachelor Of Arts
Purchasing Manager/Inside Sales Resume
Summary : Purchasing Manager / Inside Sales with over twenty years of experience developing and implementing purchasing systems, strategies, processes, and controls that significantly improve efficient outcomes. Expert in establishing purchasing functions, systems, and best practices; cost-reduction, automation; and lasting business relationships to ensure achievement of goals. Results driven, energetic professional with excellent problem-solving skills and a proven track record of promotions and success in purchasing, supply chain management, operations management, and program management.
Skills : Inventroy Management, Purchasing Management, Safety Director, Project Manager, Administrative Assistance
- Managed small purchasing office for a growing city, including coordination of procurements of all sizes, oversight of professional service and capital improvement project contract management section.
- Oversight of centralized warehouse with over $4m in inventory with a concentration on materials to support the city's utility division.
- Supervised staff of eight, oversight of procurement and travel card program, oversight of communications device program.
- Updated and simplified purchasing thresholds, increasing efficiency in the purchasing process and allowing management /governing body to focus on higher risk/higher cost procurements, received unanimous approval of the city council.
- Developed and implemented standard forms such as invitations to bid, requests for proposals, request for qualifications and standard terms and conditions, where none existed previously.
- Developed and implemented an automated documentation form for procurements delegated to non-purchasing staff.
- Developed departmental training program including all associated documentation which received approval of the City Manager and CFO.
- Successfully implemented program to all internal departments and developed post audit procedure to monitor compliance.
Junior Purchasing Manager Resume
Objective : Junior Purchasing Manager with two years in Purchasing and Materials Management. Possess a diverse and strong background in Mechanical Component commodities, strategic sourcing, strategy development, MRO, capital equipment and raw materials purchasing. Organized, diligent, decision maker, able to manage people, team player, detail-oriented, analytical and communicate well with people at all levels. Seeking a challenging position in an organization where my technical and analytical skills would be used for the betterment of the organization.
Skills : ERP, MRP, Inventory Management, Capacity Planning & Scheduling, Machine Shop, Manufacturing, Supply Chain
- Replaced buyers responsibilities for raw fruit ingredients, sugar, MRO.
- Developed a reliable supply of organic and conventional cane sugar and met production requirements at a level up to 3 times more volume than what was planned and forecasted.
- Developed the partnership with vendors having similar production capabilities to augment royal ridge fruits manufacturing capacity (volume) and time constraints.
- Learned food compliance, crop timelines for preparation and production fulfillment.
- Arranged inventory of packaging materials at the vendor distribution center for weekly production draw.
- Brought dialogue and visibility to vendors to improve service and performance.
- Continuously enhanced/revised the purchasing process/procedure to improve work efficiency.
- Negotiated price, delivery terms, payment terms, warranties, service levels and other purchase terms and conditions.
- Obtained competitive pricing and analyzed the lowest total cost, taking into consideration the unit price, quality, delivery, warranty, after sales service, etc.
Bachelors of Science
Purchasing Manager/Buyer Resume
Objective : Dependable and proficient Purchasing Manager with four plus years of experience in inventory and logistics management. Diligent, organized and results are driven. Creative problem solver and first-rate juggler of multiple projects with a keen sense of urgency. Well versed in ordering systems and quick study for new methods and programs. Seeking a challenging opportunity in an international organization to enhance my skills and glean the experience through serious and sincere efforts.
Skills : Six Sigma - Brown Belt, Domestic And International Experiences, Inventory Management, Project Mangement, Computer Proficient, Organization Design
- Overseeing all purchasing activity for manufacturing, distribution and inside sales.
- Leveraging ERP systems and excel to produce/pivot data dumps, analyzing usage activity, demand patterns and building inventory forecasts.
- Meeting with suppliers and sales representatives, sourcing custom materials, negotiating cost, freight terms, etc.
- Interfacing with inside sales and outside reps to develop demand plans and sales forecasts, ensuring optimal inventory levels and excellent customer experience.
- Interfacing with engineering and manufacturing to determine BOM (bill of material) component stock levels and improve parts supply for assemblies.
- Improving inventory turns and cycle count accuracy with aggressive and tactical buying methods.
- Soliciting quotes for raw materials and procuring inventory needed to support high volume operations.
- Identifying dead inventory and create solutions for excess liquidation through aggressive and creative inventory management.
- Liaisoning between suppliers, carriers, shipping, receiving, customer service, sales & accounting.
Bachelor Of Arts
Facilities Director/Purchasing Manager Resume
Objective : Facilities Director/Purchasing Manager with over 3 plus years of experience in the Manufacturing and Hospitality Building Industries. High-quality customer satisfaction accomplished by building client relationships and managing multiple project management tasks in a timely and organized manner. Able to develop and apply cost-effective technical solutions to help meet customer deadlines. Extensive management of overseas manufacturing and client base in China, South American, Europe, and Canada.
Skills : Purchasing, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, ISO Quality Systems Management, Operations, Production Scheduling, Resource Planning, Specialized Logistics, And Construction Project Management
- Responsible for sourcing equipment, goods, and services by using an MRP system to plan, schedule, and maintain an inventory control system used to manage the manufacturing processes.
- Organized procurement records such as items purchased, costs delivery, and product quality.
- Collected and maintained supplier surveys and vendor evaluations in compliance with company policy.
- Managed the shipping department, and controlled all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Negotiated purchases to ensure the lowest cost consistent with company standards for quality products.
- Created and calculated purchase orders to follow price quotes and reductions.
- Conquered the ability to access and utilize supply and acquisition information to maintain files of supply inventory.
- Proven ability to analyze data to determine the root cause of a problem, develop alternatives, to then make recommendations in order to resolve a wide variety of logistic-related problems.
- Resolved critical inventory discrepancies by performing research and following up on supplies received.
Divisional Purchasing Manager Resume
Summary : A Divisional Purchasing Manager with experience in multi-plant environments. Proven expertise in managing the appropriate flow of materials, intermediates and related materials at favorable pricing through effective vendor management, continual awareness of markets and a thorough understanding of customer needs. An initiator who proactively seeks the highest value while consistently outperforming operating budgets by exercising sound decision-making. Expertise includes domestic and international sourcing, materials management, negotiations, systems (SAP, AX9), logistics and distribution.
Skills : Receiving, Shipping, Inventory Management, Sales, Customer Service, Microsoft Word And Excel, Point Of Sale Systems
- Assisted the Controller in the supervision of purchasing, accounts payables, and other various business office functions.
- Led, directed, coordinated, and managed all procurement activity on behalf of the faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Prepared and/or reviewed and administered contracts prepared by others within prescribed legal, regulatory and other standards, policies, and procedures.
- Approved the account codes for all Agency Purchase Requests submitted with the exception of those related to restricted funds.
- Supervised/implemented the procurement process of, preparation and processing, scheduling and buying calendars, selecting proper contract forms, service agreement forms, or purchase order, etc., assembling bid packages and accepting requests for transmitting bid packages and addendums to bidders, bidder exchanges and others, participating in pre-bid conferences, receipt of bids or professional service proposals, bid evaluation/coordination and/or negotiations.
- Directed the implementation of policies and procedures and recommends changes.
- Evaluated the performance of software systems and the overall effectiveness of the department.
- Ensured compliance and consistent application of all company procurement policies.
Bachelor Of Arts