Tool Designer Resume
Summary : A dedicated engineering professional with extensive experience working with manufacturing and quality departments. Experienced with R-R Phase I&II Projects with the responsibilities in the area of Gears, Turbine Spacer, Prop Shaft, Carrier and Torque meters shafts. Worked on part process routings and manufacturing process drawings, this resulted in cutting out three months of the original quoted rollout time for these 27 gear component parts.
Skills : Supply Chain, Tool Room, Customer Service, Inventory Management, Tooling, Tool Design, Cutting Tools.
- Supported production, Boeing Research and Technology, vendors and manufacturers in all aspects of supply chain management, inventory management, hole preparation, composite ply-cutting, and trim and drill applications in both automation and manual drill processes with a focus on customer happiness and first pass quality at the best value.
- Responsible for design and implementation aspects of tool assemblies and parts.
- Continuously met or exceeded expectations per company Performance Management Review process which is based on departmental, organizational and enterprise wide Business Goals and Objectives.
- Nominated and elected as a voting board member of the Boeing Enterprise Common Cutting Tool Change Board and Project Team.
- Created new or revise an exisitng (NAS) standard and converting specifications and tolerances to the NAS standard in effort to stregthen and ensure a healthy supply chain.
- Developed, designed and published Standard Tool (ST) Drawings through creation or revisions for fabrication and procurement of new cutting tools required in composite, fiberglass and metal alloy material stack-ups.
- Included the standardization of cutting tools used by production mechanics through the development and use of just in time shipside kits built per the statement of work.
Sr. Tool Designer Resume
Summary : Want to make money for your company using awesome communication skills. Written, oral, sales and presentation skills can't be beat. also have above average computer skills, and fantastic at writing emails and speaking on the phone. Core Attribute Strong technical, communication and computer skills obtained from rigorous engineering program at highly acclaimed University.
Skills : CATIA Design Manufacturing Composites Machined Sheet Metal, Tooling Fixtures Jigs.
- Worked on one private contract outside of work hours.
- Designed and alter tooling and fixture drawings for the manufacturing department.
- Designed dies to form parts for clutches and torque converters for the automotive industry.
- Designed plastic and die cast tooling for various HTD customers.
- Worked on a lot of prototype tooling for developing production processes.
- Received two presidents awards for cost savings ideas I submitted to a program called LIGHT.
- Designed tooling for machining large castings and other Pump related mechanical components.
Associate In Tool And Die Design
Jr. Tool Designer Resume
Summary : An exceptionally talented Project Manager and Tool Designer with more than Twenty years of experience in performing the engineering and designing of automotive dies, mechanisms, and structures. Daily job tasks have included the design, development, testing, validation, and support of manufacturing for improvements of current sheet metal stamping and advanced development of new sheet metal stamping.
Skills : Fully trained in Unigraphics NX7.5, CAD.
- Designed sheet metal stamping dies designed in CAD (CATIA v5) including tolerance studies, packaging studies, fits, tool clearance and manufacturability.
- Designed a wide range of tools for progressive dies, transfers dies, line dies, deep draw dies and checking fixtures.
- Designed and implemented cost effective tool modifications.
- Created 3D surface data for Die Design and NC Machining.
- Created 2D and 3D flow charts Created drawings and applied GD&T and Shop Floor drawing.
- Generated bill of materials, maintained open issues lists and typical engineering documents.
- Performed engineering calculations for mass, strength and performance of Die and Die Components.
Asst. Tool Designer Resume
Summary : Designer, CADD, engineering and tooling, mechanical Manufacturing/Tool Engineer, Sr. Tool Design Engineer Planner, Tool & Assembly, machine parts. Experienced in aircraft, e/o/m, pcb manufacturing, tooling, fabrication, assembly.
Skills : Autocad, 3D Solid Modeling, Blueprint Reading With GDT, CMM Report Interpretation, CAD/CAM Software, Programming CNC.
- Performed Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and Process Simulation (FEA) using Pam-Stamp 2G.
- Transformed digitized information from cmm machine into detailed 2D drawings and 3D solids for nc machining.
- Programmed 5 Axis Mazak laser machine for Production Parts, prototype parts and Blank developments using Spacegear Software.
- Designed and 3D modeled automotive assembly weld lines, fixtures, and end effectors.
- Successfully designed wing box fiber placement mandrel, upper and lower wing skin portion.
- Successfully designed fiber placement mandrel for nacelle portion.
- Successfully designed cure mandrel for the nacelle portion.
- Successfully designed fiber placement mandrels for strap and access portion.
BS In Design Engineering Technology
Associate Tool Designer Resume
Summary : Looking to obtain employment for an organization that will fully utilize experience as a Product Designer or Mechanical Designer and at the same time allow professional growth within your organization. A seasoned and established designer and feel confident that can add value to your organization.
Skills : Skilled using MS applications, GD&T, ASME/ANSI Standards and ISO conformity.
- Many designs required pneumatic motors and components.
- Successfully led design effort on greater part of tooling for the Minuteman III Missile refurbishment program.
- Modified existing tooling to improve functionality, operator use, and fabrication cost.
- Created composite lay-up tooling and molds using complex surfacing.
- Designed tooling to incorporate mistake-proofing features and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Successfully designed tooling to support the production of Arrow interceptor missile components (Israel Military).
- Designed Mold cavity and cores for new products utilizing Solid Design and Solid Works software.
Associate Of Applied Science In Computer
Tool Designer III Resume
Summary : Over 20 years of experience in manufacturing and mechanical design. Background in machining, metal forming and welding practices. Skilled in 3D CAD modeling with Pro Engineer Wildfire 4, NX, Ideas software and Cad file management using Teamcenter and Intralink.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Pro/Engineer, Solidworks, Unigraphics/NX.
- Responsible to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager for the design and detailing of manufacturing tooling using Pro Engineer.
- Designed a conveyor mounted engine stand for the 6.2 liter engine that rotates in the horizontal and vertical axis using Cadkey software.
- Designed electrodes, wire blocks for our EDM department.
- Redesigned existing machine parts for automated machines, conveyors, pick & place station and other parts as are needed.
- Designed jigs, fixtures to suit plastic product.
- Redrew hand drawn drawings to cad and save into our cad system.
- Trained new personnel in tool design and solid modeling.
AAS In Machine Design Technology
Tool Designer II Resume
Objective : Designer with strong creative and cost reduction skills; recognized for consistently high quality and quantity of work, strong work ethic with unusual willingness to work effectively for long hours; highly adaptable. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Skills : Industrial Design, Inventor, Autocad, Maching/Diemaking, Pro-E, Industrial Design, Machining/Diemaking, Machining/Diemaking.
- Designed a system to operate four concentricity gages from one drive.
- Designed an Adjustable Media Separation unit to fit into an existing machine.
- Modeled prototype of Unique Device Identification (UDI) module which included frame layout, cable and Hydraulic line routing.
- Designed multiply mounting features for camera, lights and cable carrier.
- Created Models, Assemblies, Details, Machined parts, Family tables, Change Notices and threaded parts.
- Created sheet metal anodize rack and oil pan.
- Participated in and passed 3 day GD&T course.
- Created Enclosures using Creo Sheetmetal Application and plastic parts made with 3D printer.
AAS In Mechanical
Tool Designer I Resume
Summary : To obtain a position as Manufacturing Engineer in a manufacturing company. Creation of manufacturing processes, preparation of estimates for parts production and repair. Machine, Tool Design, Sheet Metal Design, 2D & 3D modeling, ANSI Y14, 5M (Geometric Tolerancing), Aerospace and Military Standards; FAA repair station, DER experience. Engineering, Tool Design for vanes and nozzles repair experience.
Skills : MS Office, Autocad, Revit, Navisworks.
- Achieved an ergonomic assembly fixture that the operator can safely position at any angle to perform engine assembly operations, saving time and increasing efficiency.
- Designed a roll around work table for assembly of the Small Pod Drive Unit that rotates the drive unit 180 degrees on a horizontal axis.
- Produced an assembly fixture that allows the operator to safely flip an 800 pound drive unit for assembly operations.
- Designed a 2 sided tombstone type CNC machining fixture for machining Bravo X gear case top cover that allowed the machining of 8 top covers at once.
- Reduced operator's set up time.
- Designed a series of fixtures for the Drag Finish media sanding system.
- Designed fixtures for CNC machines, laser fixtures, EDM and water jet machines' fixtures; created solid models, engineering drawings, performed reverse engineering of tooling for vanes and nozzles repair.
Automotive, Sheet Metal Design, Unigraphics
Lead Tool Designer Resume
Summary : Design Draftsman with over 30 years experience in manufacturing. Great organizational skills, adaptable and focused on quality work. Contributed to accurate design and maintenance of projects and libraries. Strong proficiency with MS Word-based software, 3D CAD/CAM systems, and SolidWorks. Adept at handling multiple projects simultaneously in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Skills : Wildfire & Windchill, Unigraphics NX6, AutoCAD.
- Began gaining access to and seeing the benefits of latest tool materials and technologies.
- Given more freedom to request tooling to address machining issues.
- Responsible for drafting manually, then with CAD, tools, gages, and fixtures for manufacturing of all parts of aircraft reciprocating engines and turbine engines.
- Created and edited process instructions for manufacture and assembly of engine components.
- Created CNC programs and tool sheets for CNC machining centers.
- Designed, reviewed drawings of fixtures according to company standards.
- Ordered equipment for production; materials and tools for tool room.
Diploma In Tool Design Technology
Tool Designer Resume
Summary : Machinist/Tool designer with 14 years of experience. Areas of expertise include making and designing tooling for the auto, weapon, aerospace, and medical manufacturers, as well as regrinding tooling for local machine shops. Knowledge of CAD and CAM software and understanding of most machines in machine shop setting.
Skills : Programmer, Designer.
- Produced layouts of equipment on the floor.
- Researched vendors for company projects as needed and worked closely with vendors.
- Assisted production with fulfillment of goals in an expedited manner.
- Prepared dimensional information packages for work orders of vanes and nozzles.
- Designed Railcar fixtures for tooling Railcars.
- Created Detail Assembly drawings and Part drawings.
- Interfaced with vendors as necessary to produce tooling fixtures for Railcar production.
Physics And Math