Activity Director I Resume
Headline : 5+ years of experience as an Activity Director. Seeking a management position where I can utilize my expertise and skill set. Strengths include Healthcare administration graduate and business administration background. Maintaining confidentiality and protecting patient information.
Skills : Microsoft Office/Word/Publisher PCC and PowerPoint, Typing 55wpm, Office Equipment. Presentation and Public Speaking.
- Responsible for weekend supervising and managing, analyzing and coordinating work, ensuring smooth department operations for any new patients, staffing and any emergency issues.
- Creating and maintaining patients' confidential documents, monthly program calendar, setting priorities and deadlines, and ensuring enough staffing for the shift.
- Responsible for conducting new admission tour for patients, creating and maintain files and folders.
- Working closely with the human resources during new hires of volunteers; interviewing, pre-employment screening and background checks verification, orienting, coaching and scheduling.
- Responsible for delegating assignments to the appropriate staff based on their skills, roles, and interests responsible for staffing employees and performers invoices and timesheets daily, supervising, interviewing, coaching and orienting new employees.
- Creating care plans, progress notes writing quarterly and annual reports of residents' activities and involvement.
- Coordinating with the human resource to make sure employees completes monthly mandatory in-services to meet company and state requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that employees are adequately oriented and trained to perform their duties.
- Responsible for assigning employee's schedule and attendance daily; analyzing and solving any work-related problems.
- Writing daily patients reports and attending daily meetings and completes activity pursuit section of the minimal data set, the rap within 14 days of new patient admission.
Assistant Activity Director Resume
Headline : 6+ years of experience as an Activity Director. Seeking to secure a career that builds on my past experience as a Department Manager at a rehabilitation facility, my years of experience in the Insurance Industry, and utilizes my Bachelor's Degree.
Skills : Basic Computer, Customer Service, Documentation, Event Planning, Filing, Powerpoint, Public Speaking, Typing, and Sales.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of employees, reporting to executive management, and compliance with HIPPA laws.
- Accurately applying human resource policies and procedures as it relates to the managing of direct report employees such as FMLA, overtime, vacations, sick time, and discipline.
- Responsible for recruiting and interviewing new employees and partnering with human resources in all hr related processes.
- Planning, selecting, organizing, and implementing recreational services to address the individualized needs and interests of the overall resident/patient population within the facility.
- Involving residents in planning, developing and evaluating the activities program.
- Leading a variety of activities: one-to-one and group activities on and off the facility.
- Providing one-on-one time with residents to follow-up on behavioral episodes and conducting interventions.
- Advocating for residents regarding their needs, interests, preferences, and rights.
- Communicating effectively with residents, their families, medical personnel, community organizations, and facility staff, in a confidential and professional manner.
- Responsible for documenting initial clients' social history, and monthly progress activity report.
Senior Activity Director Resume
Summary : 13+ years of experience as an Activity Director. Seeking a challenging Activity Coordinator Position, that will allow me to use my education, skills, and experience.
Skills : Microsoft Office ME, 2007 (Word & Excel), Internet. Excellent Oral and Written Communication, Excellent Organization and Time Management, Ability To Handle and Prioritize Multiple Tasks. Proficient In All Administrative Functions With Detailed Documentation and Record Management.
- Planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the activity programs of the facility.
- Developing appropriate activity program to suit each resident's interests and cognitive needs.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining an ongoing quality assurance program for the activity department.
- Interviewing newly admitted residents to identify past and current activity interests.
- Developing preliminary and comprehensive assessments of the activity needs of each resident.
- Planning and organizing various social events for residents and their families.
- Initiating other programs such as the dining room committee and a welcome package for newly admitted residents.
- Maintaining current written records of department expenditures and assure adequate financial records.
- Coordinating and co-lead weekly care plan meetings with resident and family members outlining the involvement of resident participation.
- Assisting and motivating handicap residents to and from activities, including music therapy, socials, and outings within memory care and nursing home setting.
Assistant Activity Director Resume
Headline : 6+ years of experience as an Activity Director. Seeking to enter into an entry-level position in the human service field or an education position and provide help to those who are in need of these services. Experienced human service professional with strong leadership and relationship-building skills. Human Service worker with more than 5 years of experience planning, developing and implementing lesson plans, IEPS, and case notes.
Skills : Computer Proficient, Varied Lesson Plans, Effective Time Management, Age-appropriate Lesson Planning, Team Player, Organized, Computer-Savvy, First Aid Certified, CPR Certified, Exceptional Interpersonal, Communication, Deadline-Oriented, Employee Scheduling, Reliable, Conflict Resolution, Staff Training/development, and Expertise In Crisis Intervention.
- Providing a plan of activities appropriate to the needs of the residents that includes, but is not limited to group social activities.
- Opportunity for resident involvement in planning and implementation of the activities program.
- Creative activities such as arts, crafts, music, drama, educational programs exercise activities one to one attention promotion of facility/community interaction obtain necessary equipment and supplies and provide for their accessibility through organized storage.
- Contributing to facilitate efforts to maintain and /or improve quality of care through participation in the following: attend care plan meetings.
- Accomplishments I received high praises from both my residents and staff because most of them understood that I am here for the well being of the resident.
- Also used made up books on how to use a fork or how to use a spoon just in case they have forgotten and they can use the pictures to guide them.
- Effectively work with management, staff, volunteers, residents, and families to promote social well being through community interactions.
- Designing and facilitating monthly events for residents and family members within budget guidelines.
- Responsibilities providing daily scheduled activities, documentation, making monthly calendars, schedule events, and providing scheduled outings.
- Leveraging relationships with area organizations and businesses to create new business leads for the company.
Executive Activity Director Resume
Summary : 24+ years of extensive experience as an Activity Director. Seeking a position which will allow me to grow professionally while being able to utilize my strong organizational, educational, and exceptional people skills.
Skills : Microsoft, Personnel Transport, Record Keeping, Event Planning, Fundraising, Marketing, Inventory Control, Satellite TV Installation, Photoshop, Customer Service, Troubleshooting, and Scheduling.
- Responsible for scheduling activities for a 230-bed nursing home that include tasks arranging for entertainment, coordinate outing to off-site recreation activities.
- Publishing monthly calendars including dementia and Alzheimer's activities calendar.
- Performing resident shopping including gifts for residents, personal care items, furniture, appliances, clothing, and footwear.
- Organizing and coordinating crafts, games, karaoke, birthday parties, fund raisers, baking activities including bake sales.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, performing evaluations, scheduling, discipline and termination of 8 core staff covering nursing home seven days a week.
- Director of admissions and marketing while performing activity director duties.
- Efficiently gathered information from families and social services agencies to inform the development of treatment plans.
- Interacting with clinical staff and external resources such as school or community personnel.
Assistant Activity Director Resume
Summary : Accomplished and energetic Activities Director with 7+ years of experience, a solid history of achievement in Skilled Nursing Facilities and Assisted Living Facilities. Motivated leader with strong organizational and prioritization abilities.
Skills : Clerical, Active Listening, Resident, and Personal Service Reading Comprehension Speaking, Time Management, Administration and Management, Coordination, Critical Thinking, Judgment, Decision Making, and Active Learning.
- Providing an ongoing program of activities designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests, and the physical, mental and psycho-social well being of each resident.
- Observing, analyzing, and recording patients' participation, reactions, and progress during treatment sessions, modifying treatment programs as needed.
- Planning, organizing, directing and participating in programs and activities to facilitate patients' rehabilitation, and help them have a positive daily outlook.
- Instructing patient in activities and techniques, such as sports, dance, music, art or relaxation techniques, designed to meet they're specific physical or psychological needs.
- Encouraging clients with special needs and circumstances to acquire new skills and get involved in health-promoting leisure activities, such as sports, games, arts, and crafts, and gardening.
- Planning and executing daily activities and plan social gatherings with families and other residents.
- Developing activity programs for residents in a group setting as well as addressing individual needs.
- Attending care conferences with all disciplines and family members in attendance.
- Hiring for special events as well as decorating for events and themed socials.
Activity Director II Resume
Summary : 9+ years of experience as an Activity Director. Seeking to gain meaningful employment using my knowledge of medical terminology and HIPPA compliance. Patient-Oriented and knowledgeable working in clinic and healthcare settings. Support quality patient care and education.
Skills : Microsoft, Account Management, Windows, Data Entry, Customer Service, Billing, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Work Well Under Pressure, Approachable, Fast Learner, and Hard Worker.
- Planning and organizing activities according to the resident's physical, mental and spiritual interest and needs.
- Planning and organizing community events, and residents to help with community events outside of the nursing community.
- Attending department meetings, quality assurance, care plan meetings, the patient at risk meeting, done progress notes and assessments.
- This consisted of doing admission paperwork, making sure advanced directives, and durable power of attorney was correct. , assessment and progress note, making doctor's appointments, filing and resolving grievances, and assisting with insurance and legal papers.
- Designing, developing and implementing activities for the daily program.
- Working in collaboration with staff to coordinate aspects of resident care.
- Providing routine daily medication distribution of the indicated dosage at the correct time.
- Hands on experience monitoring the health and well being of residents and patients.
- Conducting assessments and develop care plans for new and current residents.
- Responsible for creating, planning, and executing fun and innovative recreational programs for our residents.
Social And Activity Director Resume
Summary : Dedicated and Conscientious Community Health Care Service Worker, with 14 years' of experience in Administration and Management as an Activity Director of Adult Day Care program and settings, which provided excellent training and set skills.
Skills : Management Human Resources, Customer Service, Clients Safety, and Security Coordination, Organization, Monitoring Bilingual- English /Spanish, and Proficiency Computer.
- Planned, coordinated, organize and monitor the monthly calendar of activities.
- Scheduled and implemented daily physical needs, and program activities.
- Communicated and coordinated with facility nurse in monitoring daily activity and physical progress of consumer.
- Participate with the team as needed on the floor, in support of meeting consumer planned activities and daily needs in the plan of care.
- Contact publish and plan monthly calendars ivy way of outsourcing musicians, therapists, entertainers, and volunteers.
- Construction of room set-up for special events or for themed activity events.
- Maintained monthly activity budget as well as purchasing decorations, activity supplies and various items for the facility.
- Created and coordinated daily activity calendars for five Alzheimer's units with different therapeutic needs.
- Provided weekly activity meetings and in services meetings for the activity staff.
- Hired and evaluated staff members working in the activity department, as well as scheduled staff's hours.
Activity Director Resume
Summary : 8 years of experience as an Activity Director. Dependable and hard-working ARRT registered radiologic technologists with 5 years of experience producing clinical diagnostic radiographic films and performing routine diagnostic imaging procedures.
Skills : Computer, Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Event Planning, Theater, Photography, Supervisor, Public Speaking, and Education/Training.
- Checked facility for open windows, locked doors, malfunctioning smoke detectors, and other safety hazards.
- Participated in care plan meetings weekly with residents' family members.
- Organized monthly group outings to places such as restaurants, parks, and department stores.
- Assessed new residents/patients to develop care plans and ensured plans were executed.
- Organized social activities for the enjoyment, intellectual stimulation and psychological well-being of residents and patients.
- Communicated with families to discuss their loved one's status and created engaging activities for these individuals.
- Created a facility news program, which allowed family members to remain updated on their loved one's activities, accessible anytime online.
Activity Director Resume
Headline : 5 years of experience as an Activity Director. Seeking a fulltime fulfilling Activity Director Position in esteemed health care or nursing facility where my skill-sets and expertise can best be utilized towards rendering the best care.
Skills : Computer, Management, Communication, Able To Adjust, Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Event Planning, Theater, Photography, Supervisor, and Learn Quickly.
- Provides for an ongoing program of activities designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
- Scheduled and planned entertainment, activities with schools, churches, and other community and volunteer groups.
- Created flyers, certificates, awards and invitations using Microsoft Publisher.
- Provided 1:1 support to patients/residents; encouraged participation in activities of interest and provided wheelchair transport as needed.
- Focal point for overall patient satisfaction including volunteer interactions, addressing patient and family feedback, and proactive issue resolution.
- Developed and executed fundraising.
- Established and maintain community involvement in fundraising and providing meaningful activities to a diverse group of population.