Child Welfare Specialist Resume
Summary : Social service professional with 20+ years of experience providing services to homeless, at-risk youth and MICA populations. Able to motivate and engage clients from diverse backgrounds. Networks with public and private organizations to create successful partnerships.
Skills : Case Management, Customer Service, Management, Powerpoint.
- Assisted biological and foster families with the development of permanency plans for children.
- Conducted interviews with biological parents, foster parents and children to determine the safest and most appropriate placement for the child.
- Prepared written psychosocial assessments, legal petitions and six-month risk reassessments, maintaining in-depth chronological case records.
- Separated and transferred cases to adoption units to ensure permanency planning goals and compliance standards were met.
- Coordinated with various auxiliary services, including educational institutions, correctional facilities, medical providers, mental health resources, and drug rehabilitation centers.
- Assisted youth aging out of the foster system to secure housing and employment; assisted with Section 8 housing applications, and monitored client appointments and interview dates.
- Planned and accompanied foster children ages 10-17 on group outings to recreational areas of interest.
B.A. In Sociology
Child Welfare Specialist Resume
Objective : Child Welfare Specialist is responsible for the care of children and families. Maintaining and working with children in special education programs.
Skills : Medical Terminology, Electronic Health Records.
- Provided supportive counseling and other supportive services for clients whose children were placed in foster care.
- Arranged for the provision of services from community resources based on the family's case plan.
- Participated in setting care plan goals/objectives in family team conferences and agency staffing.
- Interviewed and established working relationships with children and families.
- Composed correspondence to compile social summaries and/or assessments.
- Prepared and submitted appropriate reports to the courts and/or District Attorney on all cases.
- Continuously assessed safety of the child and service needs of the children and families through interviews, observations and other information sources.
- Assessed the probability of return, planned for the child's permanence in accordance with federal and state mandated time frames.
Bachelor Of Science
Sr. Child Welfare Specialist Resume
Summary : To obtain a position in the field of social services which will offer a variety of challenges and responsibilities where abilities and skills can be fully utilized and continue to grow.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Excel.
- Managed individual family cases dealing with child protection.
- Coordinated complex intervention services with the dual goals of protecting children and reunifying families.
- Assessed family relationships and causes underlying adjustment problems, and convene family meetings to determine appropriate placement plan.
- Conducted clinical assessments of individuals and families.
- Discussed behavior responsibility, motivation and attitudes to achieve redirected behavior.
- Prepared necessary documentation and presentations for case management team meetings.
- Developed and maintained strong community alliances with county and state agencies, police departments and youth-service programs.
- Participated in legal actions arising from child abuse cases and perform related duties.
Lead Child Welfare Specialist Resume
Summary : To obtain a full time career in which to utilize skills, knowledge, training, experience and Social Work.
Skills : Interpersonal, communication, Time Management.
- Prepared and submited appropriate court reports to the Court/ District attorney on valid cases in compliance with state law and agency policy.
- Provided immediate services required during the investigation process and make appropriate referrals to community resources.
- Served on 24 hour on-call duty and respond to necessary child abuse/neglect reports according to response priorities.
- Prepared, organized and conducted in-service training programs, seminars, etc.
- Relatived to child abuse, neglect and investigatory techniques.
- Maintained case files and prepare case records for presentation in transfer staffing's and case planning.
- Prepared court judgments and instanter orders as well as testify in court proceedings involving confidential juvenile and criminal matters.
Master's In Social Work
Asst. Child Welfare Specialist Resume
Summary : Exceptional interpersonal and critical thinking skills. Adept at assessing child safety, preparing documentation, and testifying in court.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Offered and arranged community services to families and children based on their needs.
- Assessed safety and intervention methods and solutions for families in crisis.
- Created court documents and records for court involved cases of child abuse and neglect.
- Secured placement for children with family, foster families or shelters based on their need.
- Coordinated with law enforcement and district attorney's office in criminal cases of child abuse or neglect.
- Testified in court regarding cases of child abuse or neglect.
- Mentored 4 different coworkers through training and full case assignments.
- Assisted with the supervision of a team of 5 individuals when supervisor was out of the office.
Child Welfare Specialist III Resume
Summary : Dedicated and highly-skilled professional with over 18 years' progressive experience. Sincere passion for counseling, education, and community development focusing on children and youth. Proven ability in identifying areas of need and implement practical solutions. Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence change and garner positive outcomes.
Skills : Multitasking, Computer, and Teamwork skills.
- Managed intense caseload for children in direct foster care, congregate care, or adoptive homes.
- Applied expert knowledge in working with children with special needs and other specialized populations.
- Conducted regular visits to inspect conditions in the home.
- Confirmed compliance with legislative mandates including school attendance and medical documentation.
- Completed certification and approval of foster homes.
- Ensured alignment with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Provided in-depth counseling for children and parents to assist with adjusting to foster care and adoption processes.
- Made appropriate referrals to community and government services, i.e.
Master Of Science
Child Welfare Specialist II Resume
Objective : Licensed Master Social Worker seeking a part-time position in the field of Social Work requiring a qualified professional with the ability to work well with diverse populations.
Skills : Trained in various social settings, volunteered in.
- Developed and implemented a recruitment plan for certifying prospective foster and adoptive families.
- Prepared and conducted orientation and training for potential foster and adoptive homes.
- Conducted home evaluations in an effort to determine and rule out safety hazards.
- Examined and evaluated information gathered about families in relation to the agency's licensing regulations for certification of prospective adoptive and foster homes.
- Wrote thorough home studies to determine a family's ability to care for foster children.
- Evaluated foster/adoptive families for annual recertification.
- Developed and implemented corrective action plans for deficiencies.
Child Welfare Specialist I Resume
Objective : To be a collaborative and articulate professional, with the demonstrated ability to meet organizational goals and to positively contribute to daily operations.
Skills : Time Management, Organization, Detail Orientation And Multitasking., Microsoft Office.
- Provided family support and resources to assist with children returning to a safe and stable environment.
- Performed clerical duties to assist with service plans and court appearances.
- Assessed confidential client information and developed service plans.
- Data entry, filed, answered phones and performed other clerical duties as required.
- Conducted home visits, scheduled appointments and monitored family visits.
- Assisted clients with social service needs, form completion and policies.
- Counseled clients on appointment preparations.
- Collaborated with staff from DCFS, schools, juvenile court and other related professionals.
Bachelor Of Arts
Child Welfare Specialist/Analyst Resume
Objective : Versatile child specialist skilled in assessments, intakes, referral, crisis management and case management. Extensive knowledge of community resources in the surrounding areas.
Skills : Social work, Psychology.
- Testified at custody hearings regarding patients' history and present behavior.
- Offered therapeutic services and crisis intervention to emotionally disturbed children and adolescents.
- Referred clients to social services agencies.
- Maintained regular contact with clients, including visiting clients' homes.
- Assessed clients for abuse and neglect and complied documentation for court reports.
- Obtained and supplied information to DCFS and FIS to provide best possible guidance to clients.
- Wrote reports and Case summaries and complied work records, including required statistics.
Bachelors Of Art
Child Welfare Specialist/Supervisor Resume
Headline : Experience in providing services to parents and children involved in child welfare cases. Experience with child placement agencies and foster care. Good understanding of child development and social work services. Ability to work under pressure and in a timely manner.
Skills : Microsoft, Word.
- Managed investigative and permanency cases comprehensively.
- Investigated children's safety and provided analysis determining best interest of the child.
- Prepared legal documentation and testimony if removal action was believed to be necessary.
- Offered counseling solutions to parents in order to potentially reunify the family.
- Evaluated, collectively with serviced providers, parents counseling progress.
- Organized family support team meetings for solution transparency.
- Managed database case tracking, and all relevant clinical information.
Bachelors Of Science