Communications Technician Resume
Objective : Detail oriented individual with over 3 years of customer service experience, cash handling and stocking of store products. Hardworking warehouse worker with 2 years of experience in a warehouse pick/pack fulfillment and distribution environment and also Forklift Operator certified.
Skills : Co-manager, welding, forklift.
- Programmed and troubleshot devices following installation procedures.
- Attached electrical and telephone wiring to properly connect components.
- Positioned and terminated cables, wires and strapping.
- Drilled holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings and floors.
- Diagnosed and repaired hardware, software and system issues.
- Operated precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Handled and solved troubled calls effectively and efficiently.
High School Diploma
Data Communications Technician Resume
Summary : Experienced Communications Technician with 8 total years in the telecommunications industry. Skills include fundamental basics such as DSL and dial tone install and repair as well as advanced Ethernet, SONET and switching knowledge.
Skills : Sonet, Ethernet, IP, ATM , VOIP, DS0, T1, T3 , Mitel 5000 , Nortel Key/PBX.
- Currently responsible for all voice and data equipment in the central office environment, to include the installation and maintenance, and alarm monitoring in eight main exchanges and approximately 25 remote locations.
- Perform daily monitoring of DS1, DS3 up to OC-48, Metro-E circuits as well as CWDM/DWDM equipment within our own network as well as connecting companies.
- Perform monthly maintenance tasks as required by company standards on all central office equipment and buildings.
- Assist with all fiber installation in the field as well as any plant damage that may occur.
- Install and maintain all Mitel 5000 CPE equipment as well as Nortel Key/PBX systems.
- Assisted in the upgrade of our High-Speed internet to our present day 10 gig ERPS with 8 nodes as well as the installation of our Cisco ASR9010 routers.
- Continue to assist with the training and development of all new residential and business technicians (CPE).
High School Diploma
Cisco Unified Communications Technician Resume
Summary : Knowledgeable Information Technology Professional with extensive background in operating, troubleshooting, diagnosing, upgrading, and repairing computers and electronics. I have a good understanding relating to client issues while being able to find appropriate and accurate solutions for their situation. Interpersonal, logical, caring, and able to manage and prioritize multiple events and activities simultaneously.
Skills : Sonet, Ethernet, IP, ATM , VOIP, DS0, T1, T3 , Mitel 5000 , Nortel Key/PBX.
- Diagnosed and repaired cable TV and internet problems with a Radio Frequency meter.
- Installed digital cable boxes and internet modems.
- Prevented RF leakage by finding bad cable connectors and exposed center conductors and fix ingress due to the same problems.
- Found low signal and increase strength by means of splitter configurations and installing amplifiers.
- Educated customers on their new digital cable boxes and internet modems and explained various new aspects of their new cable box and modem.
- Set up wired and wireless computer networks with wireless security.
- Maintained a clean truck and kept supplies, equipment, and tools neat and orderly for easy quick access.
- Planed route properly to meet time requirements based on location of daily jobs.
A.S. In Networking Systems
Emergency Communications Technician Resume
Objective : Technically oriented and learn very quickly. My long term career goal is to become a technician working with today's newest technology. I have a large skill set that ready to put to work in a great career.
Skills : Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Computer Repair, Telecommunications, Customer Service, Forklift Operator, Training.
- Maintain and repair microwave backhaul networks.
- Install radio equipment on towers, building and in vehicles to include above ground and underground cabling.
- Install and configure routers, switches, wireless access points, bridges, and hubs.
- Attach connectors to the end of cable using a soldering iron or crimping tool.
- Program and configure radio equipment; troubleshoot and repair radio equipment utilizing electronic testing equipment.
- Demonstrate and explain equipment, ensuring the product meets customer needs.
- Modify equipment to enhance performance or to respond to customer requests.
- Climb towers, ladders, and use truck-mounted booms in order to install, maintain, or inspect equipment.
High School Diploma
Telecommunications Technician Resume
Headline : To utilize 10+ years of knowledge, obtained skills, experience and adaptability to provide your company with excellence in all realms of Telecommunications and Electronics where constantly challenged. quick to learn and adapt to new situations, technically and professionally.
Skills : Telecommunications.
- Performs duties involving the Care of Supplies in Storage for the ground communication systems and performs limited correctivie maintenance.
- Performs the serviceability and operational checks along with the Stock List-3 (SL-3) inventories.
- Performs installation, de-installation, maintenance and modification on communication gear as directed by the maintenance supervisor.
- Perfomes preventive maintenance, limited technical inspections with the receiving units and upon return of the assets to include the SL-3 inventories.
- Ensured communications equipment is Ready For Issue, if necessary identify the corrective maintenance actions and creates a maintenance service request in Global Combat Support System- Marine Corps (GCSS-MC).
- Capable of performing Quality Assurance (QA) inspections on communication equipment when maintenance is complete.
- Performs the duties as a Local Element appointed custodian for Electronic Key Management System/Controlled Cryptographic Items.
Electronic Communication Technican
Communications Technician I Resume
Headline : Dedicated professional with extensive advocacy and communications experience in a diverse range of disciplines. Offering a 4+ year track record in a supervisor role. As an experienced, educated, self-motivated writer and communications specialist, Seeking employment opportunities within the advocacy field.
Skills : Public Relations, Public Speaking, Media Relations, Financial Writing, Publication Design, Employee And Customer Communication, Desktop Publishing, And Government Relations, Computer-assisted Data Analysis.
- Communications Management: Developed and managed written correspondences and submitted request for support and personnel and supplies for organizations top management.
- Developed monthly and weekly training schedules and training reports for 265 employees.
- Trained prepared other personnel actions for members, such as participation at professional conferences and seminars.
- Outstanding communication skills in dealing with clients and employees.
- Instructed members of my team to ensure that high quality communications were established that included the design, installation, interconnection, and operation of communication networks and information systems used to transmit information and data.
- Recognition & Awards Awarded Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal for outstanding performance as a Special Projects Coordinator.
- Good Conduct Medal Unit Commendation Medal Skills Used Managed various jobs to include: administrative, electronic and unit training clerks.
- Maintained and executes unit mobilization plans and advises the operations readiness.
BS In Communications
Communications Technician II Resume
Summary : Highly qualified Communications Technician with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : TL1 language, Acterna Test Set DS1 to OC192/10GigEth, Optical Fiber troubleshooting.
- Leveraged military and technical training to support IT needs to teams stationed in Qatar.
- Established secure/classified networks (SIPR/NIPR), configured Cisco Routers & Switches, and served as Point Of Contact for installation/deployment/repair of data communications network and teleconference systems.
- Spearheaded operation/maintenance of $2.3M in government and commercial communications equipment to include Cisco VOIP phones, L3 satellite terminals, SWEDish satellite terminals, Iridium Satellite phones, tactical radios, generators, and ViaSat Encryption Devices.
- Ensured compliance to DoD standards of quality with ZERO tolerance for errors.
- Continuously expanded skill-set, using free time to earn Security+ and Network+ certifications.
- Worked within a 5 member team, mentoring less experienced personnel in best practices, compliance and protocols.
- Provided effective and efficient communication support (data, voice, and video) to Combatant Commanders.
- Resources include Early Entry Package (EEP), Initial Entry Package (IEP), and satellite transmission.
Associate Of Arts
Communications Technician III Resume
Summary : More than 40 years of experience in company operations and all aspects of information technology. In-depth understanding of emerging technologies. Strong problem solving skills proven in small as well as multi-departmental, complex projects requiring a variety of disciplines and skill sets. Excellent customer service and communications skills. Well organized, motivated, results oriented.
Skills : Telecommunications, WLAN, LAN, WAN, Microsoft Office.
- Customer Relations: Processed requests for maintenance of voice/data, analog/digital special service circuits.
- Interfaced with customers and engineers to resolve technical problems.
- Instilled confidence in products and services.
- Installation/Maintenance/Repair: Installed, equipped, and tested custom designed data and voice circuits for commercial customers.
- Analyzed and identified problems with lines and associated equipment physically and remotely through computer interface.
- Equipment Maintenance: Maintained, routined, isolated and repaired problems with central office hardware - i.e.
- DACS frames, multiplexers, d4 channel banks, remote test system switching, computer terminals, etc.
Associate In Arts
Senior Communications Technician Resume
Summary : Obtain a position where I can maximize my management skills, quality assurance, program development, and training experience. To maintain the stability and organization of the company's operation.
Skills : Computer Knowledge, speak spanish, great customer service.
- Performs reconnects, and changes of service, while adhering to: Comcast procedures and safe work practices, NEC and NESC requirements, and local ordinances in order to provide services to the customer.
- Pre-wires single dwelling units and multiple dwelling units (MDUs) in order to provide ready hook-up capabilities at the time of moving in.
- Completes associated paperwork with each work order in a timely manner in order to ensure all details of the work are recorded for entry in the customer's account once the work is checked in Performs service calls.
- Reviews all requested services with the customer in order to ensure understanding and agreement.
- Troubleshoots the drop from the tap to the customer's equipment.
- Installs and removes converters in order to provide customer with upgrades or downgrades in service and determines acceptability of service by reviewing picture quality following connection of cable service in order to provide the best possible service for the customer.
- Provides the customer with materials regarding channel lineup, use of converter, and company policies as they relate to the customer as well as demonstrates these skills in order to educate the customer on the use of the equipment and company guidelines Cleans, maintains, and stocks vehicle and equipment in order to be prepared to perform required duties.
- Inspects existing ground or makes new ground according to the National Electrical Code (NEC) in order to protect employees, customers, and equipment from electrical shock or damage.
Communications Technician Lead Resume
Summary : To utilize my 10+ years of knowledge, obtained skills, experience and adaptability to provide your company with excellence in all realms of Telecommunications and Electronics where I am constantly challenged.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Outlook, Server, Running cable or wire, Wan technolgy and applications, Microsoft network operating systems, Lotus Notes, Assisting with iphone setups on the enterprise network.
- Pulled cable terminated jacks, patch panels,terminated fiber optic cables, built and dressed in IT closets, installed cctv cameras.
- fire alarm devices Accomplishments .very good worker.
- started 15.00per hour ended 29.00 per hour.
- learned color codes Skills Used use of tools.troubleshooting systems.
- blueprint knowledge in charge of some jobs.
- operated various types of lifts did all the high lift work.
- up and down ladders operated various test equipment meters.
- Have 30 hours osha training.also labeled jacks, patch panels.almost forgot telephone systems.
Network Communications Technician Resume
Summary : Over 15 years' experience in Information Technology and Communications Management where I've demonstrated a vast knowledge in telecommunication systems and business operations. I seek a challenging position where my acquired skills and education will be utilized.
Skills : Microsoft office, Document Management, IP aggregator.
- Fabricate, install, modify, refurbish, functionally checks, operate, monitor, and maintain electrical, electro-mechanical, and electronic devices and systems.
- Install electrical, electronic and electro-mechanical devices and systems.
- Fabricated a wide variety of assemblies/devices for use in such systems.
- Modify/refurbish/repair electrical, electronic and mechanical devices, equipment and systems to incorporate specified changes and to perform both preventive and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Operate and monitor such systems in support of tests of launches and/or stands by for emergency trouble clearance.
- Operated primary consoles in support of tests and launches.
- Validate and buy-off systems, devices, and equipment and provides direct technical support to engineering, Government/contractor agents or representatives.
Communications Technician Resume
Objective : To excel and grow within a company that offers a career-based foundation. To meet and exceed any requirements and learn every aspect of the company. To rise at the top of the mountain with a coke and a smile.
Skills : Photography, Customer Service, Time Management, Attention To Detail.
- Responsible for working independently in customer's home and outdoors to install XFINITY cable, internet and telecommunication service.
- Relocated cable, internet and PBX telecom equipment in accordance to company standards.
- Performed polarity, continuity testing, cross connect wiring and knowledgeable of telephone color code.
- Inspected equipment for preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Performed reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects and change of service.
- Performed special assignments and resolve escalations with superior customer service.
- Performed commercial and residential audits and surveys.
- Maintained and submitted equipment inventory.
Electronic Systems Technician