Senior Network Administrator Resume
Summary : Senior Network Administrator experienced supporting hardware and software system upgrades, recoveries and 24x7 availability. Supported up to 1500 servers and 1000 users and desktops. Responsible for server administration, backups of servers across the western United States using Veritas Backup Exec 12 as well as desktop support and help desk troubleshooting. Team player with excellent communication skills and strong problem-solving skills with a strong technical understanding of systems and procedures. Possesses a proven ability to learn and understand business/technical needs and initiatives.
Skills : Cisco Routing And Switching, Problem Solving, Working Knowledge Of Virtual Environment And Storage Area Network, (SAN), Working Knowledge Of Information Assurance Vulnerabilities, Plan Of Actions, And Servers.
- Maintaining records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, and installation activities.
- Team lead for datacenter outage to carry out upgrades to all NIPR, SIPR, and JWICS multilayer switches per air force policies.
- Referring to major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Conducting and documenting inspections and cleaning of all network and infrastructure components.
- Inspecting and testing lines and cables, recording and analyzing test results, to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults and malfunctions.
- Splicing and terminating copper and fiber cables, using hand tools, epoxy, or mechanical equipment.
- Installed, operate and maintain SolarWinds Orion on three VMware enclaves.
- Integrated VMware virtualization with SolarWinds virtualization plugin to monitor all virtual connections to data stores and clusters via Blue Medora vendor.
- Ensured that Cisco UCS chassis are running correctly and configured properly in an effort to support the unit's virtual architecture (300-plus virtual servers and 1000-plus virtual desktops across three enclaves).
- Enhanced network security with big IP f5 load balancer by planning and implementation of SSL offloading.
BS in Computer Science
Network Administrator I Resume
Objective : Experienced IT Manager Network Administrator offering over five-plus years of systems/server administration, project management, networking, VoIP administration, customer service, account management, and supervision. With a strong passion for learning, studying, and using technology for the improvement and advancement of the organization. A creative problem solver, and a great motivator, who is proficient with help desk operations, business systems functions, computer systems operations, network infrastructure/ management/ security, software applications, and plethora computer hardware. With a goal of providing unprecedented customer service from Information Technology Services to its users, and letting technology help in the growth of the organization.
Skills : VOIP, Network Administration, System Administration, Project Management, Account Management, Supervisor, Customer Service, Computer Repair
- Designing, implementing, and testing wireless, Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), internet, and other data communications systems and segments.
- Coordinating network maintenance activities with city network users, external network managers, and other technical service personnel.
- Performing network hardware/software troubleshooting, performance tuning, and security auditing.
- Providing on-call technical support for network and communication problems.
- Maintaining technological proficiency and certification through training and education sessions, seminars, workshops, and courses, and by reviewing online and published literature or training.
- Completing special projects and presentations as assigned by the IT director, technology services manager, and senior network administrator.
- Researching and choosing hardware and software products to be deployed and supported by client services.
- Assigning field calls and balancing the workload for the deployment of new equipment and replacement of PCs.
- Standardizing, creating and maintaining client images using Microsoft deployment toolkit and Norton Ghost.
Bachelors of Science
Network Support Admin Resume
Objective : Network Support Admin with over 2 yrs of IT Support experience in Desktop, Windows Server 2008, 2012 R2 enterprise, Network Support with Cisco switches, routers. My objective is to obtain an IT or networking position that utilizes my current experiences in the IT field as well as broadening my current knowledge of the IT industry. Experiences involve client Focused desk-top Support and Networking administration which includes computer and internet security, Email exchange servers, knowledge of phone systems; both analog and digital.
Skills : CCNA, Microsoft, Apple Mac OS X, Cisco Switches, Routers, Extreme Switches, Black Diamond, Networking, Windows 2008 /2012 Server R2 Enterprise, Mac OS X, Microsoft Exchange Server
- Supported, administered windows 2008 R2 servers for users accounts active directory, adding a profile for user accounts, providing admin rights to systems, performed multitasking support on the network, VoIP phones, network printers, video conferencing.
- Worked in a team environment to coordinate on server supports, client security authentication.
- Performed troubleshooting on Windows Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2011 emails issue on MacBook Pro.
- Migrated outlook pst files on PC & Mac for new upgrades, hardware swap, providing dl list group email accounts as per the request.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues, bandwidth issues for high streaming on local machines.
- Performed backup on hp library storages, change new tapes for weekly backups.
- Interacted with the network, telecom, email support teams to provide the user support, completed the services request from end users for their dl group emails creation.
- Provided network drive access to the related path, remapped drives as per the users' request.
- Supported network printers, remapped on PC & MacBook, re-add or deleted as per the user need, troubleshoot paper jams on a network printer, printing issues on windows & mac os x.
- Provided access rights, permissions to network drive shared folder, software access as per the request.
- Added delegate control access for office admin on Microsoft outlook 2010.
in Computer Information Systems
Corporate Network Administrator Resume
Objective : Corporate Network Administrator with extensive experience and a history of progressive IT skill, the ability to approach information technology with a proactive, methodical and adaptive process that is client focused. This is combined with demonstrated abilities to lead and mentor colleagues, design, migrate and implement mission-critical systems, address life cycle projects and develop an effective client rapport. Diverse experiences include Fortune 500 manufacturing systems, Big Ten academic support, business systems, and clinical medical systems.
Skills : Active Directory, Vmware, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Powershell, DHCP, TCP/IP, Apache, Linux, MySQL, Office 365, Google Apps For Education
- Experience with supporting network infrastructure, which involved with devices such as routers, switches, and wireless access points.
- Dealt with monitoring tools like (Solar Winds, Cisco Works), network packet capture tools like Wireshark.
- Attended team meetings and provided comments on existing network and the recommendations to improve the current network performance.
- Performed network administration tasks such as creation and management of vlans, port security, trunking, inter-VLAN routing, and lan security.
- Carried out route-redistribution between different routing protocols like OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP for increased efficiency responsible for entire lan and wan maintenance and troubleshooting of the company network.
- Involved in the team of data center operations to perform duties like administration and deployment of Cisco routers and switches according to the organization requirements.
- Configured, implemented, and troubleshoot routers and switches with various account settings, permissions, and parameters including security firewalls.
- Installed various network hardware including concentrators, bridges, and hubs to establish communication connections with remote locations.
- Configured multiple Domain Name Services (DNS), Email Services (exchange server), Web, and File Transfer Protocol services (FTP) for various platforms including line leasing through DHCP servers.
Master's in Computer Science
Network Administrator II Resume
Summary : Network Administrator II with over 24 years of experience in Computer Systems and Information Technology serving the United States Army. Resourceful, high-energy professional with service-focused technical successes in diverse operating environments. Expertise in project management, systems analysis, and computer and network operations, Information Assurance, LAN/WAN administration (building, designing and configuring networks), helpdesk management, computer upgrades and repair in a Windows 7 and legacy environments and Windows Server administration.
Skills : Windows, Windows Server, Active Directory, Network Administration, Aerohive Wireless Access Points, Sonicwall, Troubleshooting, Backup Exec, Symantec Endpoint, Veeam Backup, And Replication, HyperV
- Performing regular system scans and security monitoring to identify risks and implement solutions to maintain strict system security. This includes defining policies, reviewing and managing systems as part of BCA and PCI compliance and completing assessments and attestations
- Providing training, support and self-help instruction to end-users to ensure technology is used properly and effectively.
- Researching, recommending and implementing IT solutions including hardware, software changes/enhancements, application deployments, and infrastructure upgrades.
- Acting as project coordinator and subject expert of network initiatives.
- Managing a video surveillance camera system including searching and retrieving data as needed.
- Assisting in managing card access and ShoreTel phone systems.
- Managing the city’s fiber network and broadband initiatives.
- Providing back up for IT Specialist with desktop support of work stations, laptops, and mobile computers.
- Assisting the Supervisor in the development and monitoring of the IT budget.
- Keeping current with technology and work with the Supervisor to provide solutions to meet all technology needs.
- Tracking and maintaining all maintenance agreements and warranties.
IT Network Administrator Resume
Summary : Dependable IT Network Administrator with extensive experience in data networking. Particular strength in design and maintenance of layer three switching networks. Proficient at maintaining everything from the PC to the core network. Ability to identify business requirements and communicate effectively with end users. To obtain a challenging position applying creative problem solving and lean management skills with a growing company to achieve optimum utilization of its IT resources and maximum profits.
Skills : Cable, Telephone Experience, Alarm System Installation And Repair, Computer Hardware, Computer Repair, Networking, Network Security, Network Management, Network Administration, Information Technology
- Supervising and coordinating the planning for network control center activities.
- Providing advice and direction to the agency on the purchase of hardware and software.
- Performing planning, design, and evaluations relative to communication networking and operations layouts.
- Performing any hardware and software upgrades to the servers and installing new and enhanced products.
- Providing technical support for AD, DNS, DHCP, federation services, and certificate services for IIS and server communication.
- Managing and making changes to all GPO's as required for security reasons by the college.
- Providing all support for Microsoft Exchange including but not limited to add/remove users, security settings, group management.
- Managing and supporting SCCM R2 for Windows updates, antivirus, and imaging.
- Installing application and OS updates (security / other) for all servers located on the premises.
- Managing Aruba3600 wireless controller and currently 60 access points for the campus.
Bachelors of Science
System/Network Administrator Resume
Objective : PC And Network Administrator with experience in high-pressure environment Has the ability to resolve complex technical issues within situations that require delicate handling of irate customers and end users Able to learn and understand new technology, with ability to turn around and teach it to novice end users. Knows how to diagnose and resolve issues without making the customer feel at odds. To obtain a position that will utilize my skills and abilities and add value to a prospective company. Excel at identifying and analyzing procedures to generate new ideas and aid in providing growth and stability for the networks that I manage.
Skills : Word Perfect, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint, IE 3x- 5x, Outlook Express, MS Exchange, Vantive, Novell, Clarify, G-Link, VS, Mainframe, Exceed, X-term
- Managed, designed, and implemented network infrastructure solutions that fit best practice for the company.
- Primary person to interact with all it related vendors to negotiate technology, services, and negotiate the best pricing.
- Responsible, but not limited to existing VPN meshed network and implementation of new Meraki wireless network focusing on security.
- Repaired, updated, and moved networking equipment as needed as well as setting up rack and servers, ensured proper cabling implementation.
- Managed IP scheme across the network to ensure proper network management and troubleshooting.
- Assisted with the implementation/migration of new and existing offices working with vendors, circuit providers, and ensuring all network devices were configured properly.
- Worked with technical desktop support to troubleshoot and support end users on a day to day basis concerning network printers, desktop, wireless.
- Assisted with network security, policy and procedure creation and execution, product review and implementation.
Bachelors of Science
Assistant Network Administrator Resume
Objective : Experienced Network Administrator & Cyber Systems Operator focused on networking and Cisco technologies with demonstrated success managing, implementing, and supporting project tasks. Skilled problem solver with proven ability to remediate daily administration issues within an enterprise environment. Possesses a well-rounded skill set and extensive exposure to many facets of information technology. Cisco certified and the highly marketable candidate who is continuing to work towards other industry standard certifications.
Skills : Networking, Firewalls, F5, Palo Alto, Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Active Directory, Vmware, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Powershell, DHCP, TCP/IP, Apache, Linux, MySQL, Office 365, Google Apps For Education
- Testing, and implementing network solutions to remediate issues in the production environment.
- Providing network support to employees across the corporate, refinery, pipeline, logistics, and retail environments.
- Providing verification of permitted or denied traffic on Cisco ASA and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Troubleshooting Wireless Access Points (WAP) and Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC).
- Monitoring optimized traffic and bandwidth utilization on riverbed steelhead wan optimization controllers.
- Organizing and documenting data regarding the process, troubleshooting, and remediation of network administration tasks.
- Participating in conducting interviews for potential network administrator candidates.
- Providing training to network administrators and delegating tasks to increase productivity and maintain appropriate workflow.
- Managing and supporting technicians performing network equipment installation.
Bachelors of Science
Lead Network Administrator Resume
Headline : Junior Network Administrator in the U.S. Army. Extensive experience and knowledge on various tactical and strategic communications systems, computer hardware and software, including but not limited to: switches, routers, transportable satellites, encryption devices, firewalls, SNMPc, SolarWinds and more. Security technologies include 2-factor authentication and access control, digital certificates, SSL, SSH, Anti-virus. Hold various certifications in computer security implementation, computer hardware, and routing and switching. Maintains familiarity with NIST, FISMA, SOX, ISO and PCI standards and guidelines of compliance.
- Providing technical support, troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware/software problems.
- Displayed courteous and strong interpersonal skills with all user interactions.
- Participated in the complete system builds, upgrades, migrations, deployments and patch management.
- Installed, configured and maintained windows servers and windows operating systems in a secured environment.
- Assisted the network team in diagnosing and resolving issues involving cisco switches.
- Utilized visio to map out network resolved and escalated trouble tickets and conducted scheduled changes within the environment.
- Worked closely with a senior network engineer, developed configuration review procedures, configured and managed router and switches.
- Updated documentation to provide an efficient transition from one employee to the next.
- Assisted senior network engineers in design, implementation, and security of the network to meet customers' business requirements.
- Performed software and hardware installation and support at multiple client locations.
Diploma in Administration
Network Administrator Resume
Summary : Results-driven Network Administrator/ Senior Tech Support with extensive experience leading people and project teams in the successful implementation of Network and Data Center projects. Over twenty-four years of proven success in network and Data Center design, installation, disaster recovery, Data Center moves, documentation, and system problem resolutions from a unique hardware perspective. Project Administration expertise in design activities, innovative project ideas in the areas of technical support and the day-to-day maintenance of the networking quality and cost containment efforts.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Computer Repair, Slack, Active Directory, IOS, Android, JIRA, Fluent In Mandarin, System Administration, Outlook 365, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows NT 4.0, Exchange Online Server
- Providing support for black box's computing environment to include: development and maintenance of VPN connections from the corporate site to remote offices and other third-party customers.
- Collaborating with voice engineers in the design of voice over IP (VoIP) network configurations and installation projects.
- Responsible for the management of the SQL server environment running underneath the Great Plains/Wennsoft applications.
- Created an MS Exchange environment to support 250 users that were migrated from pop mail.
- Monitoring and implementing anti-virus and security systems to provide effective systems protection for the Microsoft Server and workstation environment.
- Managing all software and hardware installations within the corporate location and 15 remote locations.
- Oversaw the building of a new datacenter including, AC, Power, UPS, Network, Structured Cabling, and physical movement of the data center.
- Installed and maintain a Citrix XenApp environment with RSA to form authentications.
- Set up Active Directory R2 trusts for newly acquired companies until their active directory could be collapsed into a site on corporate active directory.