Contract Underwriter Resume
Objective : 20 plus years of experience in the areas of Mortgage Lending and Collection, to included Underwriting, Processing and Origination. Experience includes Underwriting Conventional and Non-Conventional Loans per FNMA/FHLMR Single and Multifamily Loan Programs. VA loan processing and FHA processing per GNMA guidelines and Analyze Credit.
Skills : Microsoft Office,, Customer Service, Documentation, General Office.
- Contracted for local government offices to include the County's of Stafford and Spotsylvania as a Data Clerk.
- Recorded of Land Deeds and Plats.
- Processed Building Permits for area New Construction.
- Contracted for Wachovia Mortgage Loss Mitigation and Foreclosure Department.
- Assisted in Mortgage Buy-Backs, Re-age, and Short Sales.
- Contracted for Bank of America as an Underwriter.
- Reviewed submitted file for approval per FNMA/FHLMC underwriting guidelines.
- Worked with Processors to insure the clearing of underwriting conditions.
- Contracted for SunTrust Mortgage as Post-Closing Assistant Supervisor for the Wholesale Sub-Prime division.
Jr. Contract Underwriter Resume
Objective : Contract Underwriter provides ongoing rating, enrollment, and analytical services by utilizing demographics, plan design, funding arrangement, claims history and other information to determine the acceptance rate and contract terms for assigned accounts.
Skills : Training, Development.
- Utilized Auto track for due diligence to search public records occupancy misrepresentation and undisclosed mortgage.
- Searched LPSP for verification of SSN, identity match and owner of record as well as business.
- Evaluated all income documentation, review application, credit documentation, credit history, property valuation, and other factors to determine risks of all loans.
- Assessed loan attributes and documentation for accuracy.
- Underwrote to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines ensuring all state federal rules and regulations were adhered to and all files were properly documented.
- Exercised discretion and judgment on matters that have a financial impact.
- Reviewed appraisals to assess value on collateral.
- Perform underwriting analysis for newly originated residential real estate loans.
Sr. Contract Underwriter Resume
Summary : Obtain a Contract Underwriter position with a strong company where skills and experience allow to demonstrate my full value and potential highlight 26 years of mortgage experience in Retail and Wholesale channels. FHA Underwriter with Chums ID.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excellent Written And Verbal Communication.
- Demonstrates positive interactions with the public, and positive interpersonal relations in dealing with fellow employees, supervisors, and other department employees, so that productivity and positive employee relations are maximized.
- Manages direction and based upon established criteria, process assigned renewal accounts, and underwrite new accounts to support Plan revenue and profitability goals.
- Complies with regulatory requirements and Providence Health System policies related to confidentiality of information.
- Maintains group underwriting file documentation in a manner supportive of plan policy and regulatory requirements.
- Communicates with Sales to provide information for underwriting and rating for existing or new accounts.
- Coordinates the enrollment of accounts with Sales and Operations personnel.
- Provides support for underwriting responses to Requests for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Compiles monthly performance reports for large group production activity.
Contract Underwriter I Resume
Objective : Detail-oriented professional that possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Very resourceful and adaptable. Resolves problems with tact and diplomacy. Motivated and enthusiastic towards customers and co-workers. The primary strength is the ability to review, analyze, approve and underwrite large, unusual or complex individual consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines.
Skills : Management, Communication skills both verbal and written.
- Enters bid bond requests and complete Contract Bond Requests (CBRs). Follow up with the agent for any out of line items or missing information. Obtain approvals from Home Office or underwriter. Enter new bond submissions into a computer profile. Follow up with the agent for missing information.
- Orders credit reports on new submissions and on an annual basis. Review and report any deficiencies to underwriter. Enter financials and results in the computer profile. Update the profile as new information is received.
- Send out references, including bank references. Ensure completion and report any deficiencies. Develop referencing information independent of the contractor questionnaire.
- Prepares and sends General Indemnity Agreements. Follow-up for completion. Load contractor work in progress schedules into the computer system.
- Obtains, completes and sends statuses on accounts. Maintain a suspense system and keep the underwriter up to date.
- Assists the Home Office with accounting discrepancies and past due accounts. Review direct bill past due list monthly and contact principal and agent on late pays.
- Provides Home Office Claims with claim notices along with appropriate bond information and assist with information requests.
Contract Underwriter II Resume
Objective : A Self-Motivated Professional with over 40 yrs experience in Residential and Commercial Lending including processing, funding, underwriting, loan servicing, sales. Expertise in ground floor set up of policies/procedures, training, audit. Consistently recognized for exceeding quality standards, providing positive leadership and having superior customer service skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Other Software.
- Underwrote FHA loans to conform to HUD and Investor guidelines.
- Partnered with FHA direct to obtain a designation for Gold Star through the test case process.
- Trained loan officers and processors with the packaging of loans to meet investor requirements.
- Assisted with closing/post-closing of the loan.
- Assisted with scenarios.
- Attended USDA training and assisting Gold Star with the approval process.
- Recommend suggestions to management for process flow improvements.
Contract Underwriter III Resume
Summary : Contract Underwriter position reports into the Underwriting Manager for Life and A&H and is responsible for the evaluation and selection of risk (binding via contract) which ensures the profitable acquisition of new policyholders and the continued profitable retention of enforce cases within assigned authority levels and product types.
Skills : Writing, Management.
- Supports the achievement of sales and premium goals in accordance with underwriting philosophy, product guidelines, and state regulations. This requires the incumbent to:
- Partners with internal and external customers in order to increase sales in new or existing accounts by all reasonable means while aligning to department risk management and compliance guidelines
- Made appropriate risk selection based on the facts presented in applications for insurance
- Assists in analyzing and identifying early and ongoing risk trends
- Develops personal credibility with salesforce, key brokers, customers both external and internal customers and field management.
- Supports Colonial Life’s commitment to privacy and safeguarding confidential information by accurately verifying the applicant’s key individual identifiers.
- Assists in supporting the achievement of specific top-line, bottom-line growth.
Asst. Contract Underwriter Resume
Objective : Underwrite contract bonds adhering to Markel Suretys underwriting philosophy, appropriately assessing the risk presented and properly managing that risk. Conduct all forms of marketing to strategically build a profitable book in a designated territory.
Skills : Default Workflow, LPS System.
- Reviews all new submissions/bond requests and initiate responses.
- Made reference calls and document files.
- Communicates with agents regarding file needs.
- Enters financial information into the system, analyze, review system analysis.
- Evaluates risk and determine underwriting criteria.
- Determines the necessary forms for a case (bond forms, riders, statutory, etc.)
- Determines the rate and other significant issues affecting bond issuance.
- Reviews contract documents, identify onerous clauses and address each.
Associate Contract Underwriter Resume
Headline : Relevant years of commendable and excellent customer service and communication experience in sales, public relations, banking, finance, real estate. Professional manner Presentation skills for individual or group Consultative, educational style of sales and presentations Strong customer service orientation towards all contacts, internal and external to an organization.
Skills : Mortgage Compliance, Risk Management, Mortgage Software Architect.
- Responsible for reviewing and evaluating risk on mortgage loans determining if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet establishment and government standards.
- Identifies components of loans for potential fraud and perform sufficient investigative work to resolve issues that were identified.
- Evaluates the acceptability of loans to corporations that buy real estate loans on the secondary mortgage markets, Where existing mortgages are bought and sold by investors.
- Maintains a sound knowledge of the secondary market activity, practices, and business/industry practices as they impact underwriting quality and origination activity.
- Responsible for working directly with mortgage brokers providing unmatched customer service, increasing branch profits by $10,000,000.
- Chosen as one in the top 3 employees for the entire company.
- Responsible for implementing established guidelines and all regulatory requirements including appendix q.
Lead Contract Underwriter Resume
Summary : To obtain a Contract Underwriter position within a company that will showcase talents, work ethic, and integrity in order to help that organization thrive.
Skills : Writing Skills, Management.
- Achieved and maintained an error rating of less than .01%.
- Provided designated corporate clients with underwriting services.
- Underwrote loans to the agency, investor, and corporate guidelines.
- Improved underwriting turn around time from 48 hours to 24 hours.
- Provided underwriting services of 60% of the workflow.
- Conducted training with individual processors, junior underwriters, and loan originators.
- Responsible for review of HMDA information on all loan files underwritten for accuracy.
Contract Underwriter Resume
Summary : Over 20 years of Underwriting industry experience with expertise credit analysis, compliance and collateral documentation review to ensure compliance with the bank, regulatory, and investor requirements. Demonstrated success in leadership.
Skills : Conventional, Jumbo, & Super Jumbo Underwriting, FNMA/FHLMC.
- Processes endorsement requests, cancellations and reinstatements, generate invoices and handles accounting issues, process claims.
- Rates and provides quotes as directed by Underwriting Manager.
- Researches and resolves accounting discrepancies.
- Took independent action, following corporate guidelines and MGA instruction, in the negotiation and agreements of accounts.
- Resolves backlog and/or processing issues for program companies and within the corporate structure.
- Establishes and maintains business relationships with principles and key production and/ or marketing personnel in agencies and with underwriters with whom we have contracts.
- Performs other duties that are not specifically set forth but inherent to the wholesale brokerage business.