Direct Care Counselor Resume
Objective : Direct Care Counselor experienced in providing mental health assessment, counseling, and social service case management. Ability to identify, assess and intervene effectively with mental health symptoms and behaviors. Ability to notice symptoms of use and abuse of substances, working knowledge of recovery and treatment philosophies. Good communication skills and the ability to create a caring and supportive therapeutic alliance. Has knowledge and awareness of the therapeutic process, including both individual and family modalities. Has knowledge and ability to work in a community and agency structure. Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, substance abuse, ethnic and gender issues. Knowledge and familiarity with multi-cultural populations.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Communication, Team Player, Customer Service, Counseling, Time Management, Organizational, Effective Listening And Verbal Communications
- Conducted clinical intake, assessed clients for mental health and/or substance abuse treatment services and completed treatment plan and progress notes.
- Provided medical, housing, social, employment and legal services referrals.
- Produced the required reports and associated compliance documentation as necessary.
- Participated in weekly staff meetings and other agency sessions as required.
- Developed comprehensive service plans, coordinated case management, and substance abuse services.
- Maintained confidential files, secured releases and facilitated exchange of information between referring agencies.
- Met productivity requirements coordinate transportation services as needed.
- Participated in weekly staff meeting, as well as outside agency meetings as requested provide referrals to county resources including housing, substance abuse/mental health treatment, benefits, medical, etc.
- Served as a client advocate and directly facilitate client access to services.
B.A. in Psychology
Lead Counselor Resume
Summary : Mental health professional Counselor emphasizing client advocacy and strengths-based care. Excels at developing innovative and comprehensive treatment plans that leverage patients' existing support networks. Results- driven Alcohol and Drug Counselor who challenges clients to work toward healing and self-sufficiency while emphasizing their personal strengths and milestones. My goal is to provide comprehensive and extensive support to individuals by enhancing their motivation for change.
Skills : Supervising, Coordinating, Confidentiality, Calmly And Professionally, Excellent Interpersonal.
- Counseled inmates/clients dealing with substance abuse issues by pinpointing specific components associated with their addiction through the use of motivational interviewing, utilizing de-escalation techniques when needed.
- Provided trauma-informed services in order to assist clients in coping with their substance abuse and childhood trauma, facilitate individual and group sessions.
- Observed client behavior to asses if medical or psychiatric services were needed, ensure inmates/clients are fulfilling all requirements mandated by the court system by maintaining direct contact with the necessary individuals/organizations (e. g. probation, child protective services, DUI/drug court), and facilitated educational programs that aid clients needing employment, housing, and government assistance.
- Screened clients prior to rule 25 assessment to ensure they met financial criteria.
- Completed rule 25 assessments for applicable inmates/clients seeking help with their substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
- Completed admission process for clients that were screened, treatment planning, weekly reviews, assessed for services and provided client resources for reintegration into the community, and discharge planning.
- Made referrals to the appropriate treatment facilities when needed to ensure a continuity of care upon release from the correctional facility.
- Maintained precise records of client's progression throughout treatment by adhering to all standards mandated by rule 31.
B.A. in Psychology
Residential Counselor Resume
Summary : A Licensed Residential Counselor possessing 8 years of experience working in hospital settings, colleges, clinics, residential agencies that served the children in jails, prisons, private practice and for the courts. High-energy counselor motivated to help every student learn healthy means of dealing with mental and emotional difficulties. Dedicated to providing compassionate, results-oriented and solution-focused care. Seeking a position in which I can utilize my education, skills, and experience to help facilitate change in the lives of others.
Skills : Counseling, Data Entry, Documentation, Conducting Investigations, Team Building And Leadership, Training, Team And Leadership Development
- Designed treatment plans as well as discharge summaries and aftercare plans.
- Trained colleagues to better perform work tasks, such as documentation.
- Arranged and facilitated therapy sessions for individuals, groups, couples, and families.
- Conducted intake assessments of new clients and designed the treatment plans.
- Facilitated psycho-educational groups for clients with mental health and substance issues.
- Coordinated medical care by corresponding with third parties, such as clients' primary care physicians.
- Developed and expanded a referral system of service providers to assist clients in attaining services.
- Responsible for shift notes and client case notes of client sessions documented services provided, client contacts, and correspondence to third parties on behalf of clients.
Residential Counselor Resume
Objective : Motivated and passionate Counselor looking to gain knowledge, experience and build mastery in treating and diagnosing patients suffering from substance use disorder. To obtain a position in a well-established work environment, that will utilize my recent customer service and medical training, and provide opportunities for growth.
Skills : Adaptability, Creativity, Collaboration, Positive Thinking, Critical Thinking, Multitasking, Strong Memory, Assertive, Detail-oriented
- Provided therapy for primary and secondary survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and a myriad of psychological abuse.
- Conducted intake/exit interviews, perform assessments and counsel victims of emotional, physical, psychological or financial abuse.
- Assisted in helping victims and her children leave an abusive situation and move into a supportive housing environment or our shelter.
- Provided advocacy and referrals for social services, such as housing, food stamps or child care.
- Effectively facilitated numerous groups for children, adolescents, and adults.
- Provided community education and conducted presentations regarding sexual assault, domestic violence, and psychological/emotional abuse.
- Provided age-appropriate curriculum to schools and juvenile detention centers concerning aforementioned topics plus healthy relationships, bullying, anger management, gender roles, etc.
Masters of Science
Assessment Counselor Resume
Summary : Dedicated Assessment Counselor specializing in case management, administration, situational assessments, conflict resolution, and exceptional communication. To help people who may be hurting, possibly traumatized, unbalanced or living life as though they are stuck. By being genuine in my approach, empathetic of other people's point of view and providing unconditional acceptance, I intend to establish an atmosphere of positive change. Hence, I believe that by using these techniques, I am competent in helping people begin the journey towards unlocking a new and better life for themselves.
Skills : Critical Thinking, Report Development, Disaster Preparedness, Attention To Detail, First Aid Certified, Meeting Minutes, Secret Security Clearance, Team Building
- Provided case management services to federal inmates and probation violators when appropriate.
- Maintained case files that included activities, progress notes, evaluations, and recommendations.
- Attended the case conference, supervision, departmental, and outside meetings and training as requested.
- Developed and maintained cooperative working relationships with agencies and organizations associated with meeting client needs.
- Provided assessments and made recommendations to the federal bureau of prisons.
- Maintained client-related paperwork, client diagnostic records, and progress notes.
- Maintained confidential client records and files and completed the required paperwork.
- Provided offenders or inmates with assistance in matters concerning detainers, sentences in other jurisdictions, writs, and applications for social assistance.
High School Diploma
Sr. Counselor Resume
Summary : Assessment Counselor having 09 years of experience in many different areas of the mental health field including, intake assessments for new clients, group and individual counseling, treatment planning, and discharge planning. Designed and implemented client education curricula on substance abuse and other topics. Experience interacting with third-party payers, as well as, serving on a multidisciplinary team with physicians, administrators, and other staff members. Developed and implemented staff training on ethics, writing care plans, and other topics.
Skills : Counseling, Training, De-escalation, Interventions And Transporting, Interventions, Microsoft Office, Facilitating Counseling Session, Session With Inmates, And Security.
- Communicated effectively with multiple agencies, different levels of professionals, and program clients.
- Established strong relationships to gain support and effectively achieve results.
- Stood in for program director at county level meetings to advocate for client care and placement with Sonoma county mental health officials and case managers.
- Facilitated group and individual counseling, offering instruction on a multitude of issues both psychological and emotional and skill building around independent living skills.
- Worked with the director to provide training in the form of the panel discussion and group facilitation to inform outside agencies of our policies and procedures which lead to our high-quality services.
- Utilized strong skills in communication and judgment to de-escalate hostile, suicidal or psychotic clients along with knowledge of when to involve law enforcement or psychiatric emergency services.
- Earned excellent marks on performance reviews, with citations for excellence in areas including work accuracy and quality, case management, understanding of social rehabilitative methods and CCL requirements, and counseling skills.
- Assisted in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, logbook documentation, and daily attendance.
Master's in Counseling
School Counselor Resume
Summary : School Counselor with 20 years of expeirnece in designing and implementing therapeutic groups, including psychoeducation, experiential, art, and animal-assisted. Social work experience with diverse populations, including developmental disabilities, mental illness, and trauma. Professional experience with all age cohorts including infants, toddlers, children, pre-teens, adolescents, adults, and seniors. Strong communication skills, including basic American Sign Language, public speaking, written, and interpersonal. Working as a team player, balancing leadership positions, and being adaptable to new situations, technologies, and roles.
Skills : Career Development, Curriculum Development, Conflict Resolution, Assessments, Reviews, Organizational Planning, Payroll, Benefits, Crisis Intervention
- Providing guidance and counseling services to high school students and adults who have disabilities to find and maintain gainful employment.
- Coordination of services with local employers to acquire on the job tryouts, internships and apprenticeships through job readiness to promote careers for individuals to regain and maintain employment.
- Providing solutions to barriers to work and recognizing needs for rehabilitation technologies and evaluations to determine an individual needs hindering appropriate work outcomes.
- Also providing job retention services for individuals who employers identify as needing guidance to maintain their current positions.
- Assisting individuals in need of inpatient alcohol and drug rehabilitation to be a successful part of the workforce.
- Assisting in providing individuals with stackable credentials to obtain gainful employment.
- Seeking quality jobs for individuals and match individuals with employers for successful employment.
- Providing advocacy and encouragement for individuals to become independent in the world of work.
MA in Counseling
Residential Counselor Resume
Summary : Certified Residential Counselor with experience in addiction treatment and working with youth in a residential setting. Seeking further experience in the social work field on a part-time basis. Broad knowledge of community resources to help clients identify community agencies to meet their needs. My work has been in residential and outpatient care. Worked with many age groups including children, adolescents, and adults. To work with diverse populations in health care, outpatient, and inpatient treatment settings.
Skills : Documentation, Billing, Online Marketing, Coaching, Conflict Resolution, Counseling, Microsoft Office
- Assisting school-aged children with a DSM-IV diagnosis to sustain behaviors in order to remain in the school system and in the home.
- Offering services in the client's own environment to prevent out of home placement or 24-hour care facilities.
- Assuring that children are treated in the least restrictive environment possible.
- Providing effective care that is sensitive to special needs and cultural differences.
- Measuring offers and identifying areas for systemic improvement within the management and development of programs.
- Conducting individual and group counseling sessions on a weekly basis.
- Making determinations as to the appropriateness of children for placement.
- Maintaining contact with parents and all agencies involved with the child.
Bachelors in Behavioral Science
Elementary School Counselor Resume
Summary : Elementary School Counselor with a history of empowering others to sustain positive change seeks social worker position. Demonstrates astute leadership qualities, impeccable ethical decision making, strong interpersonal and communication skills. Applies psychosocial theories and evidence-based practices to ensure clients receive the greatest outcomes possible. Seeking a challenging and rewarding career by utilizing my education, excellent customer service skills in the administration field.
Skills : Communication, Ability To Work Under Pressure, Decision Making, Time Management, Self-motivation, Conflict Resolution, Leadership, Adaptability,
- Responsible for conducting an organized and professional classroom environment.
- Planning and implementing the social and emotional curriculum.
- Directing support service to individual students, small groups, and classroom guidance lessons
- Demonstrating exceptional instructional delivery. Modeling and Fostering independent thinking skills, creative problem solving and abstract reasoning.
- Showing empathy and understanding for all students from all cultures.
- Providing social and emotional support for elementary school students.
- Providing academic counseling to students. Developing a cooperative partnership based on mutual respect and objectivity with parents, students, and staff.
- Promoting accountability for students. Collaboratively working with teachers, students, parents, specialists, and administration on meeting students’ needs with a range of student needs.
- Completing assessments, referrals, and counseling with students and families.
MA in Psychology
Direct Care Counselor Resume
Summary : 9 years' experience as a Direct Care Counselor with an outpatient mental health facility serving children, adolescents and adults. Knowledge of a diverse area of psychology including person to person interaction & adolescence and abnormal psychology. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. To obtain employment in the business field or any other occupation where I can best utilize my training and experience to provide exceptional care to patients as well as build a successful and rewarding career in customer service.
Skills : Designing And Implementing Therapeutic Groups, Including Psycho Education, Experiential, Art, Animal Assisted Therapies Social Work Experience With Diverse Populations
- Facilitated group, individual, and family counseling sessions for a caseload of 35 to 50 clients.
- Developed programming and curriculum for clinical staff to implement in group therapy sessions.
- Completed assessments to evaluate treatment needs for potential clients.
- Encouraged community reintegration through insight into underlying causes of addiction, improved coping skills, knowledge of triggers, drug and alcohol education, improved nutrition, cyclical patterns, social skills and decision making, and relapse prevention planning.
- Teaching through mastery of critical thinking, problem-solving and writing skills.
- Preparing and maintaining audits of records, file and case histories of the client.
- Monitoring condition of clients to evaluate the success of therapy and adapts to treatment as needed.
- Providing assessment and intake for the client suffering from pain medication and addiction.
MS in Psychological Science