Director Of Financial Aid Resume
Summary : Obtain a position at a company where can maximize management skills, quality assurance, and experience. Financial Aid provides information, advice, and counsel to parents and students, both prospective and current, regarding financial aid regulations and programs.
Skills : Micorsoft Applications, Financial Supervisor.
- Supervise personnel in accordance with college policies and applicable laws.
- Lead staff meetings, share information as appropriate, promote the development of ideas for improved service and efficiency, and encourage teamwork.
- Develop, implement and revise policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations and college policies related to financial aid and scholarships.
- Coordinate and manage all financial aid programs, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and institutional financial aid regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor, approve, and/or revise all financial aid packaging for all qualified applicants in accordance with federal, state, institutional, and other policies and procedures.
- Oversee the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and Return of Title IV Funds processes.
- Oversee coordination of student loan processing between students, federal government, and the institution.
BS In Microbiology
Sr. Director Of Financial Aid Resume
Summary : To obtain a position where can maximize extensive experience in higher education and leadership skills. Determine financial aid eligibility and develop financial aid packages.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, Sage.
- Provided all tax filings (Sales, Payroll, Grants, etc.) Advised students and prospects through the financial aid process to best ensure enrollment.
- Magazine Top 500 Fastest-Growing Businesses and Forbes list of the nation's 800 fastest growing companies.
- Ensured compliance of multiple governing bodies of financial aid including Federal, State, Veterans Affairs, banks, and accrediting agencies.
- Monitored crucial cash flow of financial aid payments in a strictly tuition-driven institution.
- Represented Private For-Profit Sector to Association of Financial Aid Administrators.
- Supervised Financial Aid staff.
- Chaired Master Planning Committee.
Jr. Director Of Financial Aid Resume
Objective : Experience in management of businesses; including financial Proficient knowledge in computer programs; Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer High level of professionalism and positivism in any situation; Administration; Management; Customer Service Quick learner and able to adapt to multi-task effectively Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Agile, Project Planning, Lean Six Sigma, Project Management, Analysis, Visio.
- Trained and supervised financial aid personnel at 2 campuses in Florida.
- Interviewed new hire applicants and determined the best fit for the organization.
- Monitored calls, shadowed employees and provided coaching to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in processes.
- Created and maintained documents, statistical data reports and training materials.
- Analyzed campus, state and federal reports to streamline timeliness and accuracy of federal student loans and grant fund payments.
- Utilized critical thinking skills to recover over $500,000 in delinquent student accounts.
- Implemented and documented new processes and procedures to prohibit financial oversights in the future.
- Financial Aid Officer Informed students and parents of financing options for post-secondary education.
- Evaluated all financial documents to ensure accuracy.
Masters Of Arts
Director Of Financial Aid III Resume
Summary : Implement strategic learning methods to create learning opportunities within the workplace. Manage and coordinate all financial aid staff and functions involved in new student enrollment.
Skills : Financial Manager, Financial Supervisor.
- Calculating interest rates on loans.
- Manage account payables in collaboration with the business office to prepare monthly and yearly budgets.
- Consulting with lenders to prevent defaults on loans.
- Providing owners with cost and profit analysis.
- Managing deposits and outgoing payments.
- Preparing documentation for accountants in preparations for tax returns and annual audits.
- Alerting admissions team concerning enrollment goals to align with budget goals.
- Processed and administered federal loans and grants.
- Manage SAP evaluation, issue attendance warning and updates student handbook to meet Title IV regulations.
Master Of Science
Director Of Financial Aid II Resume
Summary : Experienced manager who excels at relationship building. Knowledgeable in providing friendly customer service to clients, families and fellow professionals. Skilled problem solving and conflict resolution, and able to encourage teamwork.Talented at networking with public organizations and businesses to create successful partnerships.
Skills : Sales, Management, Customer Service.
- Managed and directed a staff of 11 advisors, supporting 10 campuses with the financial aid advising, awarding and disbursement of Federal Financial Aid.
- Overseeing military benefits processing 3 rd party billing and cash management.
- Organized and delegated work-flow priorities and schedules; optimized customer service level.
- Direct and monitor day to day operations of student finance including timely processing of student financial aid.
- Managed all Title IV funds including Pell, SEOG, FWS, Private Loans, and Direct Loans.
- Supervised a staff of four employees delegating tasks and meeting institution goals with accuracy and providing good service.
- Coached the financial aid team, maintain bad debt, ensure compliance on all loan programs both internal and external.
Master's In Business
Director Of Financial Aid I Resume
Objective : To obtain a career that will offer opportunities and growth that will enhance professional skills to its fullest potential. Oversees counseling students on available financial aid options, rules and responsible borrowing.
Skills : Banner, Campus, Class, COD, NSLDS, PHEAA - ALEC, PHEAA - BPAMS.
- Management and technical support for the Financial Aid Department.
- Reviews Credit Balance reports, Reviews files and reports to ensure student funds are being processed and released in a timely manner.
- Provides Superior Customer Service to Active students and their families.
- Responsible for the accuracy of files and final file audits.
- Resolve discrepancies and file changes for continuing students.
- Adjust awards and revise award notices as required.
- Set up student Payment plans as necessary.
- Process Veteran Education Benefit and Enrollment Certifications.
Director Of Financial Aid/Specialist Resume
Summary : An organization of high standards and excellence. This organization will allow to share experience and abilities to enhance the company and well as being productive and acquiring stability.
Skills : Proficient In Ms Office, Proficient In Ellucian Colleague, Proficient In Jenzebar/Cars Software.
- Responsible for the implementation and recertification of financial aid programs.
- Conducts certification of students enrolled in the Veteran Educational benefits program at the college.
- Coordinates daily office activities and record keeping.
- Interprets and communicates policies and procedures both State and Federal agencies.
- Interviews students and evaluates financial aid documents to determine eligibility and amount of award using the prescribed methodology.
- Informs students of types of aid and prepares awards.
- Maintain extensive interactions with Student Account Services to enhance systems development, implementation of procedures, problem resolution, and the providing of quality service.
- Prepares Federal reports of year to date disbursements, including support documentation and projected disbursements at year-end.
Masters Of Science
Director Of Financial Aid/Manager Resume
Headline : Over eight years' experience in finance leadership in a professional environment with responsibilities of providing driven results on a metrics level. Consistently obtain high performance through team building coaching leadership and planning.
Skills : Administration, Clerical, Management, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Secretarial.
- Advised, hired, and trained staff members on issues relating to policy, programs, and administration.
- Oversees the development and execution of a comprehensive recruitment sales strategy that will identify, attract, admit and enroll a highly qualified, diverse student body.
- Supervise verification of financial aid files, ensuring compliance with policies and regulations for a timely packaging of 100% by the 6th day of the start day.
- Upload A/R sub-ledger data into General Ledger daily and weekly; reconcile balances for all accounts.
- Maintain and analyze A/R aging report, Profit & Loss, balance sheets, establish doubtful accounts allowance.
- Manage cash application including processing, depositing and posting to the A/R sub-ledger all student account payments by cash, check, credit card, and wire transfer.
- Continues to improve and develop the systems to streamline processes and to maintain compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Reviews budget and directs appropriations of the Financial Aid department.
Bachelor Of Arts
Director Of Financial Aid/Coordinator Resume
Summary : Coordinate financial aid issues, working with individuals, groups, and agencies on an institutional, state, or national level as needed. knowledge of financial aid regulations and the ability to interpret and implement new regulations in a timely manner.
Skills : Director Skill, Mamagement, Communication /Oral Written, Staff Management, Time Management, Staff Folders, File Management, Report Manage Ment.
- Responsible for supervising staff of nine, managing all aspects of financial aid department, perform needs analysis and package aid for future and current students.
- Proficient and accustom to working in a fast past high volume atmosphere.
- Maintaining information control.
- Responsible for organizing and conducting staff in service training program according to Title Iv policy and procedures, with strict attention to state and federal policies and procedures and auditing/compliance regulations.
- Responsible for performing annual institutional self-evaluation and review of policies and procedures.
- Extensive experience in interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, and motivating staff.
- Monitored financial aid for 90/10 rule.
- Skills Used Director Skills, Supervisory Skills, Management Skills.
- Problum Solving Skills, Auditing Skills, Training Skills,Phone Skills, Organizational Skills.
Director Of Financial Aid Resume
Summary : Seeking a rewarding position that will effectively maximize experience in customer service. Experience developing and analyzing statistical data. Experience with federal and state financial aid compliance audits, budget management, and required federal and state financial aid reports.
Skills : Management, Campus Vue, NSLDS, MS Office, Title IV COD Processing & BannerWeb. VA Certifying Official.
- Responsible for all aspects of administration and management of the federal, state and local student financial assistance programs.
- Performs data entry and file maintenance in the Campus Vue and NSLDS borrower data management systems.
- Prepares future students to need analysis and financial aid packaging and complete all verification and correction of financial aid application data.
- For the department maintain student files, assembles new student information and application packages and other documentation requirements.
- Trains, develops and manages all subordinate financial aid representatives, default management and support staff.
- Ensures compliance with all accrediting and federal financial aid related regulations.
- Promptly and accurately reports any suspected instances of non-compliance to immediate supervisor (s) and/or higher levels within the organization, as is needed to address and resolve any areas of non-compliance.
- Reviews all student files to ensure accurate funding and full compliance with all applicable statutes, rules, and regulations.
BA In Finance