Director of Food and Beverage Resume
Summary : Customer-centric, performance-driven director with more than 15 years of management experience specializing in full-service hospitality operations. Utilize extensive background in providing hands-on leadership to achieve solid business results. Address guests' needs and concerns to continuously improve service standards, quality and profitability. Proven effectiveness to multi-task in a competitive, challenging and fast-paced environment.
Skills : Certified TEAM trainer, Serv Safe certified.
- Managed a team of seven managers and 45 employees, responsible for cross functional team development across five venues to build sales, team's P&L understanding, and concept awareness.
- Balanced controllable expenses and budgeting to regain profitability of the Burdick's Bar and Restaurant.
- Built banquet and restaurant sales on SWOT analysis to target collegiate demographic through innovative menu design, promotions and corporate partnerships.
- Branded Greenleaf Hospitality Group's entities with cross property promotions to increase awareness of products and services between departments and locations.
- Created training program for Burdick's Bar and Restaurant based on the partnership of competencies and talent levels of employees.
- Identified organizational opportunities and implemented systems to correct behaviors and standards to drive company's core values and mission.
- Implemented cost controls on food and beverage inventories by minimizing menu items, par levels and pricing contracts.
- Lowered banquet expenses by negotiating contract pricing with multiple vendors, resulting in a 29% decreased in linen expenses.
MBA In Management
Asst. Director of Food and Beverage Resume
Objective : The ability to encourage, inspire and communicate with others has enabled me to harness the potential of all who are motivated to achieve superior results. Those skills have aided me in the recruitment, mentoring, and retention of exceptional personnel who are dedicated to excellence.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Manage all administrative functions such as scheduling, purchasing for the department, hiring and terminations of associates all in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Works closely with catering and convention services.
- Accomplish food & beverage human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling,coaching, counseling, and disciplining associates; communicating job expectations, job duties and job responsibilities; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieve food and beverage operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans.
- Meet food and beverage financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Avoid legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maximize bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
Director of Food and Beverage II Resume
Objective : Food and Beverage Director focused on cutting company costs and boosting company revenue through innovative management techniques. Organized and diligent with a strong background in sales, planning, budgeting and staffing.
Skills : Speak fluent Italian and Spanish. Experienced in union.
- Directed all aspects of food and beverage operations for Bowlmor AMF generating revenues of over $3.5M including a restaurant, bar, bowling, kitchen and banquets.
- Held full P&L accountability and managed direct and indirect staff of 40.
- Implemented departmental strategies and maximized the financial performance of departments.
- Ensured high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits and ensure outstanding customer service.Consistently achieved positive sales and guest counts year over year.
- Received every monthly bonus for effective P&L management and cost containment during tenure.
- Developed and managed food and beverage annual budgets including capital expenditures.Worked closely with managers to focus on best practices to provide the best possible work environment and foster growth.
- Implemented a quality training program, valuing employee contribution, creating incentives and turning performance into compensation and company goals.
- Significantly reduced management and staff turnover.
High School Diploma
Director of Food and Beverage III Resume
Summary : Driven, multi-lingual and business savvy professional with a business development and client management background, refreshing traditional organizational models with a diverse and cultured perspective. Team oriented while demonstrating effective and efficient multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and resourceful in completing projects on time and under budget.
Skills : Starwood Hotes Food & Beverage Task Force.
- Developing an operating budget for each of the department's revenue outlets; after approval, monitoring and taking corrective action as necessary to help assure that budget goals are attained.
- Assuring that effective orientation and training for new staff and professional development activities for experienced staff are planned and implemented.
- Inspecting to ensuring that all safety, sanitation, energy management, preventive maintenance and other standards are consistently met.
- Assuring that all standard operating procedures for revenue and cost control are in place and consistently utilized.
- Helped plan and approve the organizational chart, staffing and scheduling procedures and job description/specifications for all department staff.
- Approved the menus proposed by the Executive Chef for all outlets and special events.
- Established quantity and quality output standards for personnel in all positions within the department.
- Researched new products and developed an analysis of the cost/profit benefits.
Jr. Director of Food and Beverage Resume
Objective : Over 28 years of experience in the hospitality industry with documented ability to turnaround challenged operations, add renewed emphasis on quality control and launch operations from ground floor. Proven record of enhancing operations and optimizing profitability with direct hands on approach.
Skills : Food & Beverage Management.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, hire new staff, and evaluate employee performance in dining and lodging facilities.
- Review menus and analyze recipes to determine labor and overhead costs, and assign prices to menu items.
- Assess staffing needs, and recruit staff using methods such as newspaper advertisements or attendance at job fairs.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
Bachelor Of Science
Director of Food and Beverage Manager Resume
Objective : Expert in developing associates and maintaining rigorous standards in operations. Experiential knowledge in management of people, complex problems, and the crucial principles and practices to succeed within operating a business.
Skills : Operations Management, Problem Resolution, Menu Engineering, Team Training & Development, P&L Management, Profit Optimization, Service Standards, Banquets & Catering, Market & Product Analysis.
- Planned, analyzed, and directed the functions of the Food and Beverage department to improve the efficiency of the daily operation.
- Implemented effective control of food, beverage, and labor costs among all departments.
- Purchased and controlled all inventory of food, beverage, liquor, linen, and disposable supplies.
- Directed four departments with both a daily and global approach and vision on development and profit.
- Made decisions regarding hiring, discipline, and termination of staff.
- Ensured efficiencies in all aspects of operations and guest services were executed daily.
- Restructured service standards, training manuals, and food presentation, portion controls, and recipe cards.
- Responded to guest requests, issues or complaints from comment cards, reports or on-sight observing through letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, professional and solution oriented efficient manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
Food And Beverage
Director of Food and Beverage/Supervisor Resume
Headline : Guest service oriented, a highly experienced and motivated individual, dedicated to meeting departmental needs through the effective use of company brand standards. Excellent hands on manager, who takes an enthusiastic interest in the overall operation with strong administrative skills, customer service skills, and steadfast dedication.
Skills : Mulit-tasker, People Developer.
- Direct and organize the activities of all the Food & Beverage departments to maintain the high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service.
- Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food & Beverage department to meet the daily needs of the operation in accordance with company brand standards.
- Implement effective controls of food, beverage and labor costs.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
- Help ensure high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits and ensure outstanding customer service.
- Interview, train, supervise, counsel, schedules and evaluate staff in all areas of the F&B department.
- Co-ordinate with all departments of the hotel and follow up on company's policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
Master Of Arts
Director of Food and Beverage Head Resume
Summary : Knowledgeable, experienced hospitality professional with a broad skill set, seeking challenging employment that will allow him to lead, train, and develop a professional, skilled, disciplined, and successful staff.
Skills : Management, Micros, IT, Microsoft.
- Responsible for all food and beverage operations including a buffet, snack bar, concessions and catering.
- Developed and implemented a successful Catering, Convention and meeting plan for an 800-seat convention and entertainment center.
- Planned and implemented the conversion of the existing kitchen from conventional to Combi cooking technology.
- Segregated and reported cash and non-cash revenue accounting to allow a clearer picture of revenues for the benefit of the most senior management.
- Developed and implemented on of the industry's first direct deduction of frequency rewards for use as payment in all hospitality venues.
- Developed and implemented purchasing standards and competitive bidding for all hospitality purchases, including food, chemicals and guest supplies property wide.
- Reviewed and monitored vendor qualifications and compliance.
Bachelors Of Arts
Director of Food and Beverage/Server Resume
Summary : A challenging position in management, where my education, supervisory skills, and high volume experience would be effectively utilized in a growth oriented dynamic organization, in a fast paced work environment.
Skills : Billing, Management, Microsoft Office, Accounting, Budgeting, Customer Service, Event Planning, Financial Analysis, Hiring, Kronos, Oracle, Operations, Training.
- Responsible for analyzing data, drawing conclusions, implementing appropriate changes, and meeting deadlines.
- Responsible for assuring attainment of governmental regulations governing food and beverage.
- Responsible for assuring excellent in customer and employee relations.
- Directed all food and beverage operations including restaurants, room service, conventions, and meeting space for a 150 room hotel.
- Identify new offering opportunities and negotiate new contracts with vendors.
- Responsible for accounting, invoicing, purchasing, vendor relations, legal compliance, operational projections, asset protection, facilities management, training compliance, and staff engagement.
- Train staff to develop superior guest service with a proactive response to guest needs.
Director of Food and Beverage/Executive Chef Resume
Objective : In search of an employment opportunity within the Food and Beverage Management industry that will utilize my culinary and beverage expertise as well as offer opportunities for advancement.
Skills : Inventory management, Labor management and efficiency, New business development, Purchasing, Budgeting and forecasting, PNL analysis.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing day to day operations of the food and beverages department.
- Insuring all the food and beverage departments meet and exceed service standards and financial goals.
- Providing training and development to front line associates to help them understand and meet their goals that are expected.
- Managing the director of catering, BOA team and Banquet Captains.
- Controlling day to day operations and PNL by following cash control/security procedures, reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions.
- Helping to promote companies safety goals, interpreting and insuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all financial and personnel/payroll related administrative duties.
Certification In Dietary
Chief. Director of Food and Beverage Resume
Summary : Director-level Food and Beverage Leader with over 20 years of hospitality experience. Strong strategic thinker and team builder, directly responsible for low employee attrition. Highly skilled at maximizing revenue opportunities and managing large budgets within expense goals. Commitment to maximizing the guest experience, as evidenced by consistent survey results and steady advancement in hospitality industry.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Profit and Loss Statement Analysis, Employee Training, Management, Menu Engineering, Cost Control, Cost Reduction, Service, Training & Development.
- Opening Food and Beverage Director for this new 250 room property.
- Responsible for developing all aspects of the Food and Beverage operation from the ground up, and oversaw Banquets, Catering, In-Room Dining, Poolside service, and Signature Restaurant.
- Developed $2.5M budget for design and construction of new restaurant, in compliance with budget.
- Implemented effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub-departments.
- Created and implemented Standards and Procedures manual for department still in use to this day.
- Created menus for restaurant, pool bar, in-room dining, catering and banquets.
- Hired, trained and managed all 60 Food and Beverage employees, including three managers and four supervisors.
B.A. In English
Director of Food and Beverage Resume
Objective : To obtain employment within a company that I can utilize my years of Sales, Hospitality and Food Management with long term growth potential. To help a new company to excel in the food and beverage industry. Continue self-education and growth within industry.
Skills : Management, Marketing, Sales Management, Bookkeeping, Inventory Management.
- Manage all food and beverage and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards.
- Identify customers' needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns.
- Planned, staffed and executed all private events and weddings.
- Design exceptional menus, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements.
- Ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment and replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste.
- Lead food and beverage team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel.
- Controlled operating cost, bringing over  to the bottom line.
Hotel And Restaurant Management