Externship Student Resume
Objective : To start a rewarding Externship Student career with room for personal and professional growth in a medical front office setting to utilize education and skills.
Skills : Medical terminology, Perform EKGs, Knowledge.
- Greeted patients and visitors, answered phones Provided answers or referrals to patient inquiries Scheduled appointments Verified eligibility via web based insurance carrier application or via direct phone contact.
- Processed hospital and physician office claims.
- Checked claim status.
- Researched/corrected/re-submitted rejected claims.
- Registered new patients and entered demographic data in patient charts.
- Consistently praised for efficient handling of administrative duties such as answering phones, scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, patient processing, billing and bookkeeping that allowed doctors and nursing staff to focus on the health concerns of their patients.
- Demonstrated proficiency in taking patient medical histories and vital signs, as well as in performing venipunctures, injections and various diagnostic procedures and ancillary tests such as EKGs, immunoassays, chemistry analysis, hematology, urinalysis and sigmoidoscopies.
- Ensured the cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance of all facilities, exam rooms and equipment.
Jr. Externship Student Resume
Objective : Over 20 + years of experience in Sales, Customer Service, Personnel Management, Retail, Special Events, a recent graduate with an AOS in Ultrasound Sonography, and Facilities Management, but will provide opportunities for growth and development.
Skills : Fantastic Customer Service/Care, Relationship Building, Negotiating, Educating, Counseling,.
- Performed scanning exams for these top-rated medical facilities.
- Conducted abdominal, thyroid, OB-3D, vascular, pelvic and other exams on patients.
- Utilized Acuson/Sonosite, Titan/GE Logic 9/ABUm Voluson 730, Accuvix XQ, STUI Apoge 3800 and Toshiba equipment.
- Followed established departmental procedures.
- Maintained ultrasound equipment and supplies.
- Established effective working relationships with patients and peers.
- Protected the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality were maintained.
- Reviewed medical records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations.
- Released information to persons or agencies according to regulations.
Sr. Externship Student Resume
Summary : To obtain an Externship Student position in customer service/sales associate.To obtain a position in the medical field to utilize skills.
Skills : Data Entry, Communication, Sales, Administration Support.
- Accurately posted surgeries, hospital visits, and payments for assigned carriers.
- Treated all patients, their families, visitors, peers, staff and providers in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Updated patient financial information to guarantee accuracy.
- Updated computer database with physician information.
- Learned the computer system with minimal guidance.
- Completed a 160 hour medical coding externship at a busy family practice clinic.
- Utilized knowledge, and understanding of coding to audit physician charts in correct coding and assisted the primary doctor in understanding what he needed to be specific on when writing up his notes.
- Tasked in auditing charts for the primary doctor to ensure proper coding and procedures.
Externship Student I Resume
Objective : Externship Student looking for temporary Medical Assistant/Scribe positions to maintain exposure and experience in a clinical setting.
Skills : Presentation Sills, Menu Planning, Food Safety Sanitation, Knife.
- Obtained histories and physicals.
- Educated patients, discussing differential diagnoses.
- Constructed treatment plans tailored to effectively meet patients' needs.
- Scaned a paper documents onto computer to produce digital copies of documents.
- Made sure scan documents are legible.highly organized and well versed in various types of filing system and methodologies.completed daily hospital transport.
- Updated wound care charts.applied account numbers to patients charts
- Learned how to use company software systems and office equipment.
Externship Student II Resume
Headline : To work in a Externship Student position as an Electronic Health Records Specialist to utilize education and experience and be able to grow within the organization.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Assist the nursing staff by performing assigned duties to help patients meet the activities of daily living, collect specimens, vital signs, and other related data and assists in communication of patient/family needs to the nurse or other team members.
- Performs patient care activities/treatments for which basic competency has been documented under the supervision of an RN.
- Verified by faculty of the nursing program and documented on the school’s skills checklist.
- Demonstrated competency in the skill performance as determined by Hospital
- Documented on the nursing Extern competency checklist.
- Demonstrates competency in dealing with patient specific to the work area.
- Performs other related duties.
Externship Student III Resume
Summary : Levelheaded Externship Student professional who remains calm and effective in extremely difficult and stressful situations. Strong belief in importance of companionship and support in patient care.
Skills : Phlebotomy, Capillary Punctures, Urinalysis, Rapid.
- Answered incoming phone calls, faxed paperwork and sent medical records.
- Called to check on claim status.
- Worked on accounts receivable.
- Posted payments.
- Checked eligibility and benefits for different insurances.
- Put together daily schedules.
- Worked amongst front office personnel and physicians.
- Performed insurance identification, documented patient updates and organized filing system.
- Provided customer service including responding to telephone messages and informing patients of upcoming appointments.
Asst. Externship Student Resume
Objective : Seeking employment as a Externship Student, Graduate of the Lawyer's Assistant School of Dallas, pursuing a career in the legal field to implement past and present learned skills.
Skills : Excellent Computer - MS Office Suite - Excel, Word, PP, Excellent Communication , Excellent Customer Service .
- Interviews patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Records patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
- Collects blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Performs general office duties such as answering telephones, taking dictation or completing insurance forms.
- Inventory and ordered medical, lab, or office supplies and equipment.
- Performs routine laboratory tests and sample analyses; also set up medical laboratory equipment.
Associate Externship Student Resume
Objective : Skilled Externship Student looking to utilize skills and learn as to while becoming an RN in the process.
Skills : Management, MS Office.
- Helped with dentals, anesthesia, radiology, and restraint of small animals.
- Given many opportunities to practice phlebotomy and IV catheterization.
- Recorded medical information during examinations.
- Assisted in the kennels when help was needed.
- Went through many different rotations such as dermatology, radiology, anesthesiology, surgery, exotics and wildlife, ICU, and internal medicine.
- Experienced how a high volume hospital works.
- Given many opportunities to practice many different skills.
Lead aExternship Student Resume
Summary : Sharp, dedicated Externship Student with 3 years of experience in the healthcare industry. Deadline driven with outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills. Caring and hardworking individual with excellent interpersonal communication, customer service, and office support skills. AHIMA certified as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) Associates Degree in Health Information Technology BLS and CPR Certified.
Skills : Customer Service, Medical Terminology, Anatomy And Physiology, Microsoft Office, HIPAA, Medical Records, Scheduling, Release Of Information, Data Entry.
- Vitalize patient Assist patients with forms Confirm/Cancel Appointments using the EMR Prepare/Administer Injections Prepared/clean examination rooms.
- Completed 131 hours out of the mandatory 120 hours of externship Duties included: filing claims, posting EOB's, follow-up on unpaid claims, appealed .
- Answered main phone and transferred calls, worked office equipment, greeted people at the reception window, and scanned medical records .
- Assisted pharmacist with prescriptions, inventory, ordering, and re-stocking, performed trouble shooting for client with insurance issues to resolve .
- Assisted in the Pro Se Bankruptcy Clinic answering questions for Pro Se debtors who had filed or were going to file Bankruptcy.
- Assisted pro se debtors in filling in Bankruptcy Petitions for successful filing.
- Completed the following tasks answering phones, pulling medications, counting medications, labeling prescriptions, .
Externship Student Resume
Summary : An honorably discharged Externship Student veteran who is adaptable, independent, and an insightful administrative support professional with extensive experience in administration and management. Major strengths include the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with tact and diplomacy using good judgment and discretion; organizational skills with a commitment to accuracy, detail, and follow-up, along with ability to work under intense situations; and communication & organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with demanding deadlines.
Skills : American Red CrossCertification, Kentucky Radiology Certification, Microsoft Office.
- Assists nurse with patient and family education. Documents all patient care activities provided.
- Ensures availability of supplies and equipment to meet each patient's needs.
- Implements direct patient care under the supervision of the nurse.
- Collects clinical data and information on patients, and documents appropriately.
- Greets customers at front counter with a smile and professionalism.
- Instructs patients in preparations for tests and procedures.
- Determines this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.