Forestry Technician Resume
Objective : To secure a position where can offer skills in natural resources; soil, land surveying, geographic information systems, water quality, hazardous materials, resource management, wildlife.
Skills : Material First Responder, Management.
- Responsible for conducted maintenance of power saws on a hotshot module.
- Maintained a parts inventory and ensure that all saws are well maintained and in working order.
- Notified overhead in advance if equipment needs to be purchased or if parts need to be replaced.
- Assisted as an instructor during the S-212 power saw training where the mentor and guide upcoming sawyers in the safe and efficient use of the chainsaw.
- Captained and superintendent in various tasks on and off the fire line, during project work, as well as administratively.
- Performed preventative maintenance on our vehicles which include crew hauls, superintendent vehicle as well as chase vehicles.
- Regularly facilitated morning briefings for a 20 person hotshot crew which includes six minutes for safety, national situation report.
Forestry Technician/Analyst Resume
Objective : Maintain, and gather data on millions of acres of natural habitat such as forests, grasslands, and mountains. Forestry technicians perform a variety of duties, including fire suppression.
Skills : Maintenance, MS-Office.
- Performed basic office duties such as bi-weekly progress reports, answering the telephone, responding to e-mail, and data management.
- Collected data on campsites, noxious weed species, trails, and other wilderness features.
- Utilized PathfinderOffice to transfer, correct, and export GPS data.
- Created .xml spreadsheets utilizing Microsoft Excel to document campsite and noxious weed data - hyperlinked photos included.
- Created layered maps utilizing ArcGIS software to demonstrate the location of campsites, noxious weed species.
- Field identification of Invasive plants including the collection and pressing/preserving of plant specimens for distribution to an appropriate range.
- Utilized and packed horses on multiple day clean-up projects.
Forestry Technician/Representative Resume
Summary : Nominated and awarded rookie of the year. A Patriot System Repairer and in deployed to Kuwait where we were charged with the aerial protection of all personnel entering and exiting Iraq.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Arc Map, Spanish, Heavy Equipment.
- Entered data into Access and Forest Vegetation Information System (FORTIS) databases for IDT analysis.
- Administered salvage and timber removal contracts and inspect work to determine whether or not conditions outlined in each contract were met.
- Applied herbicide and seeded designated treatment areas to meet multiple resource objectives for post-fire and timber harvest rehabilitation projects.
- Worked with an IDT to monitor shrub-steppe habitat using the line-point and canopy gap intercept, as well as nested frequency methods.
- Planned field assignments, which include gathering each day's gear, maps, and maintaining all equipment required to collect data.
- Located and flag BLM property corners and boundaries to establish project boundary lines.
- Assisted at Powell Ranger Station as needed.
Forestry Technician II Resume
Headline : To hold a position in which skills, experience, and education will positively affect the organization and those directly involved, to further knowledge and grow professionally as an individual.
Skills : Office Applications, Customer Service, Windows, Fundraising.
- Selected and marked individual trees for harvest by using a well defined marking guide, silvicultural prescriptions, and specific instruction.
- Random sampled to estimate individual tree volume by established methods.
- Traversed harvest units process information and produces maps.
- Designated sale area and cutting unit boundaries on the ground.
- Interpreted aerial photos and locates ground features. Serves as a tally person and operate electronic field data recorders.
- Assisted in the measure of limiting distances, tree diameter, tree height, estimation of defect and quality, and related fundamental timber cruising procedures.
- Observed and reported areas of possible archeological significance and sightings of sensitive threatened or endangered wildlife species.
Forestry Technician/Technician Resume
Headline : To secure a position that offers challenge and opportunity for career development and at the same time serve the organization to the best of capabilities.
Skills : Physical labor, Mechanic, Fire Safety.
- Selected and marked trees to be cut, as well as those to be preserved for natural reseeding or as wildlife habitats.
- Cruised timber" prospective sale areas to determine species, types, and qualities of timber.
- Recorded trees and created big tree files for Caddo Lake, Little Sandy, and Little River NWR.
- Assisted forester with timber bids and created maps using the ArcView computer program.
- Monitored water control structures by adding and removing boards to manipulate water levels.
- GPS to estimated acreage of arc sites and water control boundaries.
- Measured circumference and length of over culverts (water control structures).
Forestry Technician III Resume
Summary : A new career direction in the environmental field. Ideal company is one that encourages integrity and has a well-organized structure; one that will allow to contribute to their organization utilizing analytic.
Skills : Ethnographic, Analyzed Data, Developed Database
- Field contacted for citizens and liaison to upper management.
- Performed all facets of arboriculture for successful project completion.
- Experienced with municipal plan reviews and capital projects.
- Contracted and city right-of-way projects. Member of the City Safety and Wellness Team.
- Secretary of the Parks' Department Morale and Incentive Committee.
- Implemented and promote the City's safety policies and procedures.
- Developed database and catalog for Forestry Division's chemicals and MSDS Serve as a representative.
Forestry Technician/Executive Resume
Objective : Possess an associates degree in anthropology. Obtained education from related work experience in both the private and federal sectors. Currently seeking employment as a archaeological technician.
Skills : Field Investigation, Planning, Site reconnaissance.
- Worked as a crew member conducting pedestrian surveys to locate archaeological sites within forest boundaries.
- Documented historical and archaeological artifacts and features.
- Assisted in duties that went beyond my job duties and responsibilities.
- Completed all job tasks in a timely and professional manner.
- Compassed, site forms and topography maps to located recorded sites.
- Completed field forms to collect information on new sites. Use GPS, compass, topography maps and vehicles to access job sites.
- Established site boundary and map perimeter, artifacts and features.
Asst. Forestry Technician Resume
Objective : Over 2 years of Forest Service experience, and would like to gain further employment experience and begin a career in Forest/Wildland Management.
Skills : Electronics Repair, Radio Repair, HVAC.
- Cruised timber independently, accurately and efficiently. Took bores samples to determine stand age and soil type.
- Implemented the Atterbury method of cruising using a telescope.
- Marked timber for pre-commercial, commercial, and specialty harvests.
- Laid out harvest sites including property and sensitive area boundaries.
- Logged operations to enforce the timber harvest plan and negotiate unforeseen changes.
- Worked with clients and DNR to meet the needs of the project.
- Created various maps using aerial photos and field data to determine proper layers and boundaries.
Associate Forestry Technician Resume
Objective : Employed with the Utah Conservation Corps for the internship this winter. Have one season working with the Trails crew and second season with the Recreation Department.
Skills : Mac OS X, Customer Service, Data Entry, Filing.
- Conducted timber stand improvement exams stocking pre-commercial thinning.
- Assisted in assessing the quality of planting on prescribed burn units.
- Examined western larch plantations to determine present stocking conditions & survival.
- Examined stands for animal damage & disease, especially white pine blister rust.
- Led Youth Conservation Corp (YCC) crews during tree planting projects & stocking exams.
- Assisted in ground support for multiple fire complexes.
- Completed project work and the next day we could be making our way.
Jr. Forestry Technician Resume
Objective : Passion for designing and implementing unique and fun exercise routines for clients. Although new to personal training, feel competent and confident in providing quality service.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Autocad Civil 3D, Arcgis.
- Collected data using GPS software and created a map of the forested areas using data collected.
- Examined forest vegetation to determine habitat type and possible land use.
- Identified and marked trees for thinning using fixed area sampling techniques.
- Measured tree heights and diameters using Biltmore stick and clinometer.
- Classified habit by identifying over plant species.
- Educated guests on plant names, including mushroom species.
- Demonstrated leadership skills by leading tours of the grounds.
Bachelor Of Science
Forestry Technician Resume
Summary : As will happen in life, have been side tracked from that goal a few times since graduated. Focus is back on this goal now and would love to work for an alternative energy company at about level.
Skills : Communication, Hard Working.
- Performed daily and monthly checks on wildland fire engines.
- Maintained and operate chain saws and hand tools on various projects.
- Operated, troubleshoot and maintain the fire engine, including onboard water pump.
- Excelled at mandatory morning physical training. Always up to new assignments and challenges.
- Attended daily briefings on weather and duties for the day.
- Gathered and baked fuel samples to determine moisture content.
- Worked with completely different people one day to another.