Instructional Designer Resume
Objective : Experience includes the application of adult learning theories, instructional methodologies, and curriculum mapping strategies that align with human performance goals in higher learning and organizational training. Technically astute and aesthetically talented professional looking to channel these strengths into challenging technology development, project management, and user support position.
Skills : Articulate, Instructional Design, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, Captivate, Camtasia, Word, Excel, Blackboard, Customer Service, Teaching, Indesign
- Collaborating with business partners on training initiatives for the redesign of the curriculum for seven lines of business.
- Lead ID initiative on the implementation of mobile consumer application featuring intuitive biometric technology.
- Developing training for the Affordable Care Act (ACA), small group, large group, and national accounts.
- Partnering with learning consultants, technology consultants, subject-matter experts, operation experts, and instructional design support team to identify audience, training requirements and instructional design strategy.
- Developing business partner agreements and instructional development reports that align with business partner needs.
- Managing curriculum development process for training systems/applications, digital/mobile technology, federal/regulatory mandates, member benefits and vendor training curriculum for central, northeast and west regions.
- Enhancing learners' performance through the development of skills checks, role activities, drill activities, simulations, and gamification learning experiences.
- Using recorded calls data to capture real-world examples of member and associate interactions for the development of scenario-based learning and real-world work experiences.
- Participating in business immersion activities involving upskilling on system/application enhancements and activities related to the learners' on-the-job experience.
Masters of Business Administration
Independent Contractor - Instructional Designer Resume
Summary : Independent Contractor - Instructional Designer with over 25 plus years of experience developing and delivering interactive and learner-based training for both instructor-led and online training (e-learning). Dedicated self-starter with exceptional organizational skills who pays close attention to detail, with a proven ability to develop programs and increase retention rates.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Lync, Adobe Presenter, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Webex, Camtasia, Mail
- Providing consultation and support for all university faculty and staff for Instructional Design.
- Directing the work of graduate technology assistants.
- Investigating, recommending, and participating in decision making for the purchase of new software and technology.
- Troubleshooting on both the technical and operational side of technology-based programs.
- Developing and conducting training of faculty on new academic software and technology.
- Researching innovative and new ways to assist faculty in the development of new teaching experiences.
- Presenting and representing University instruction designers at conferences.
- Collaborating with and assisting internal and system-wide instructional designers.
- Assisting in the design and implementation for the Center for Learning Effectiveness and the TA Training program.
- Participating and provides leadership in the instructional designer collaborative meetings for the University System groups.
Masters of Science
Associate Instructional Designer Resume
Objective : Dedicated Associate Instructional Designer with over 4 plus years of experience in different industries and areas, skilled in designing numerous learning and training materials, while working closely with faculty, subject matter experts, professionals, departments and training team members to design top-quality instructional materials. To utilize my instructional design, multimedia development, and project management skills to fulfill the learning and development needs of prospective organizations, clients, and shareholders.
Skills : Camtasia, Captivate, Lectora, SnagIt Adobe InDesign (CS5), Photoshop Section 508 & Scorm Basic HTML Coding/Dreamweaver Curriculum Development Instructor-Led Training
- Managing over 100 online class deliveries including general education, business administration, computer information systems, and health information management.
- Recognized by the Director of online as an exemplary team member for demonstrating outstanding performance and results in a group achievement.
- Developing training materials and provide training for instructional technologies as needed by faculty and students.
- Managing and maintaining course/organization data within blackboard LMS environment, such as creating master course templates for parker university's online and hybrid courses, exporting and course copying.
- Consulting with faculty and provide resources necessary to consult/train on the uses of various online software and hardware applications.
- Maintaining HTML code for specified pages and sites, general troubleshooting with specific web issues.
- Providing thorough and detailed quality assurance of all course materials.
- Providing in-depth support and troubleshooting for Blackboard course management.
- Maintaining current knowledge and development of new skills in alignment with blackboard functionality, features and tools for example blackboard collaborate, building blocks and content management.
Master Of Education
Instructional Designer/Trainer Resume
Headline : Instructional Designer/Trainer with a proven track record in requirements gathering, client interaction, business methodology and assessment of internal/external user and business needs. Creative and self-motivated professional with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly learn new applications while managing multiple projects: working as part of a team or autonomously. Possess the expertise to design, develop and deliver effective training programs working with all levels of an organization.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Adobe Presenter, Storyline, SnagIt, Captivate, Adobe Photoshop, Success Factors, Blackboard, WebEx InDesign, SCORM, SAP, Adobe Connect, XML, HTML, SharePoint
- Serving as a performance consultant for internal and external contacts to understand business and performance issues while recommending appropriate intervention to drive business results.
- Working collaboratively to determine appropriate training/performance solution to close performance gaps.
- Conducting analysis to develop training programs most efficient approach to meet all project goals while prioritizing, coordinating, sourcing and managing multiple projects.
- Creating a high-level implementation plan and defines the basic outcomes of the learning solution.
- Designing instructional content to reflect an understanding of the diversity of learners or groups of learners while building into the design on-the-job application tools and learning aids.
- Developing all components of the respective training programs including learning objectives, performance objectives, participant guides, facilitator guides, videos, job aids, assessments, and e-learning.
- Creating effective evaluations for training programs in order to measure the degree of compliance and knowledge transfer.
- Monitoring on-going training needs and adjusts training plans/programs accordingly.
- Implementing training as by collaborating with the internal team to ensure materials are elevated to LMS and/or SharePoint.
Masters of Science
Curriculum Developer (Instructional Designer) Resume
Summary : Curriculum Developer (Instructional Designer) 5+ years in strategic learning development, project management, and course development designed and delivering training, created course plans, tutorials, and manuals to train various audiences in both leadership and technical skills. Creation and facilitation of training programs, budgets, schedules, communication, and tracking plans including executive coaching, computer based training, web training, workshops, conferences, small groups, and one-on-one support. Instructional Designer/Cross-functional business analyst.
Skills : Project Management, Instructional Design, eLearning, OLT, LMS, Adobe Captivate, Excel, Curriculum Development, Curriculum Design
- Designed, developed, implemented, and evaluated online and instructor-led courses.
- Developed job aids on degree programs, software operation, business rules, and policy training for enrollment and admissions teams.
- Collaborated with multiple departments including product management, marketing, operations, legal and regulatory, performance management, admissions leadership, academic advising, and college faculty to ensure effective and compliant products.
- Leveraged technology to create online courses, web pages, job aids, instructor-led training, and surveys that are relevant and specific to the target audience.
- Applied instructional design and adult learning principles to learning materials.
- Supported projects that require analysis, optimization, and refinement of existing processes; and the creation and implementation of new processes.
- Developed the curriculum of the training program and conducts instructor-led training for new admission specialists.
- Conducted on-site observations/shadowing, strategy planning, surveys, and interviews during the analysis process.
- Crafted and executed communication plans for enrollment and admissions teams.
Bachelors of Science
Senior Instructional Designer Resume
Summary : Consistently motivated, hardworking, flexible and understanding education Senior Instructional Designer. Always ready for new and innovative techniques and technology in adult training and education. Over eight years of experience in the field of education as a mathematics subject matter expert. Recently transitioned into Instructional Design to fulfill the passion of training adults in academia and corporate businesses.
Skills : Instructional Design, Training And Development, Facilitation, Leadership Development, Course Based Training, Web-Based Training
- Exemplified dynamic thought leadership in instructional design, and content delivery.
- Used a variety of adult learning modalities to include: blended education solutions, gamification, socialization, and mentoring strategies.
- Displayed in the creation of a content library for two internal product launches of Salesforce and NetSuite.
- Supported companies on-boarding with tools created and facilitated designed, developed, organized, wrote, supported, and maintained course content through all stages of deployment.
- Analyzed, and edited instructor-led training content, as well as, storyboards for electronic learning modules such as CBT, webinars, and e-learning.
- Enjoyed supporting application training for internal and external users.
- Worked with subject matter experts to identify the target audiences and training needs.
- Created compelling course content that enhanced retention and knowledge transfer.
- Participated on three product steering committees from inception to deployment as training expert liaison.
Master Of Education
Instructional Designer/Faculty Resume
Objective : Instructional Designer/Faculty focused on developing training that contributes to the organization's success through increased employee efficiency, accuracy, and technology adoption. Specific expertise in creating Computer-Based Training (CBTs), user guides, and online help systems that achieve desired results. Adept at making complex concepts appear simple to end users.
Skills : Captivate, Project Management, Articulate Storyline, Leadership, Content Development, Articulate Studio, Instructional Design, Learning Management Systems, E Learning, Learning Management
- Responsible for developing innovative solutions for content presentation, course design, development, implementation and the maintenance of e-learning training programs for our internal customers.
- Collaborated with key stakeholders to define course development guidelines and interfaces with business subject matter experts for content validity to achieve desired outcomes.
- Performed needs and task analysis, scope projects, and evaluated existing documentation to identify the most appropriate training approach and content to meet the learning needs of Aflac associates nationwide.
- Responsible for outstanding troubleshooting skills to evaluate, troubleshoot, and solve complex issues with technical systems and integration issues with our learning management system.
- Collaborated with internal and external partners to achieve the best possible learning solution.
- Analyzed the current development process and suggests improvements or best practices for future projects.
- Oversaw the course development process, monitoring that deadlines are met and that courses meet university standards.
- Mentored faculty in the effective use of the online platform for delivery of courses.
Masters of Business Administration
Freelance Instructional Designer/Developer Resume
Summary : Detail-oriented, enthusiastic Freelance Instructional Designer/Developer with over eleven years experience in Higher Education, skilled in designing curriculum across a broad spectrum of content and context using various delivery modes with a focus on integrating technology in meaningful ways. Proven expertise performing a needs analysis and training evaluation to exceed ROI. Industry recognized success in developing and implementing Instructor-Led/ Virtual Instructor-Led Training and e-Learning modules, with an emphasis on employee engagement and development.
Skills : Blackboard, Canvas, Writing Studio, Edmodo, Moodle, Wordpress, BlogSpot, Blogger, Weebly, Wix, Squarespace, Storyboard, InDesign, Lightroom, Smartsheets
- Assisting the faculty in the design, development, and implementation of their curriculum for online, hybrid, and face-to-face classes.
- Assisting faculty in the revision of courses to meet quality standards, best practices, and appropriate use of technology to accomplish educational goals.
- Coordinating the quality matters program implementation at unc for all online courses.
- Developing and facilitating training in various innovative technology opportunities to enhance education.
- Participating in the organization and implementation of a transition between LMS systems.
- Negotiating with various software companies, making decisions to adopt various products.
- Assisted with the creation of print publications, social media posts, and other educational content.
- Monitored trends and best practices in learning technology and instructional design and share significant developments with OEB management.
- Assisted with conducting needs assessments for various target populations.
Master Of Arts
Instructional Designer II Resume
Summary : Decade of experience in the field of education, education design, and curriculum development. Proven ability to develop innovative strategies for the advancement of a common objective in various professional settings with an organized and efficient work ethic. To utilize my instructional design, multimedia development, and project management skills to fulfill the learning and development needs of prospective organizations, clients, and shareholders.
Skills : Captivate, Lectora, Camtasia, Photoshop, Adobe Professional, Various Video Editing Programs, Windows
- Responsible for managing and leading course designs, developments, implementations, and improving assigned courses.
- Reviewing course materials for accuracy and consistency of course objectives, educational effectiveness, and policy.
- Supervising testing procedures and ensuring students meet or exceed the approved standards.
- Reviewing existing training material and determining its usefulness or need to develop new materials, preparing training materials and supporting instructor/student guides.
- Researching, identifying, collecting, and arranging all materials required in conducting training courses.
- Creating/revising training materials using current automated training development systems, materials include self-contained training products such as training aids, methods, and plans.
- Designing training materials and performance measures along with subject matter for complete, self-contained online courses.
- Planning/conducting a wide range of validity/reliability studies and surveys of training course design and materials.
- Developing comprehensive test/measurement devices for course material, writing and developing test questions for testing the knowledging using knowledge checks and practical exercises.
Masters of Science
Instructional Designer I Resume
Objective : An experienced Leader who has worked in various training related capacities including, Teacher, Coordinator, Financial Clearance Supervisor, Instructional Designer, and Sr. Operational Development Trainer in government contracting, healthcare, healthcare IT, and the public school system. Demonstrated the ability to consult with leadership to diagnose, plan, and implement technical training interventions to facilitate department and organization change.
Skills : Curriculum Development, Instructional Design, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Dreamweaver, Lectora, Education Technology, Distance Learning, LMS Management
- Working with Subject Matter Experts to obtain information required to develop objectives, design documents/storyboards, and new training.
- Applying instructional design theories, practice, and methods.
- Creating training content based on development objectives and method of delivery.
- Designing developing, and implementing training that is delivered online, facilitator-led, or any combination of the two.
- Creating assessment questions and strategies. Developing and assisting in the implementation of multiple training programs, job aids, and other performance improvement solutions.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training programs and making recommendations for improvements.
- Creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer of knowledge.
- Working with subject matter experts and identifying the target audience’s training needs
- Stating instructional end goals and creating content that matches them
Master Of Arts