Insurance Clerk Resume
Summary : An increasingly responsible position in Customer Service, where skills and abilities will result in an expanded clientele and a more profitable organization.
Skills : Typing, filing, coding, posting, collections, MS word, Meditech, Easy Dental, Outlook.
- Receive, document, and input patient insurance data into the computer system.
- Answer patient inquires about eligibility, insurance coverage, co-payments, deductibles, and first party debt/outstanding balances.
- Receive check or credit card payments to post to patient co-payment accounts facilitating proper billing.
- Use a multi-line phone system; page on overhead system, forward calls to appropriate Doctor, Nurse, or Staff, take clear and concise messages both by hand and "pulsenet" computer system.
- Receive, open, process, and deliver incoming mail to appropriate offices.
- Process and meter all outgoing mail including confidential HIPAA information, prepare outgoing faxes for transition and distribute incoming faxes.
- Interview patient and input initial information documenting personal information, insurance coverage, and medical history into the computer system.
High School Diploma
Sr. Insurance Clerk Resume
Summary : Well organized, and motivated group wishing to further the goals of not only their ambitions, but that of the company. Lean and grow with the company Increase salary to secure a future for family Improve upon myself.
Skills : Knowledge Of ICD-9 Coding.
- Answer telephones, and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations.
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Receive and route messages and documents such as laboratory results to appropriate staff.
- Perform various clerical and administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
- Prepare correspondence and assist physicians or medical scientists with preparation of reports, speeches, articles and conference proceedings.
- Correspond with insured or agent to obtain information or inform them account status or changes.
- Organize and work with detailed office records, maintaining files for each patient, including policies that are to be reinstated or cancelled.
Jr. Insurance Clerk Resume
Summary : A challenging position in a growing company where I can advance as a secretary/accounting. Greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff. Operate office equipment, such as voice mail messaging systems, and use word processing, spreadsheet, or other software applications to prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories, or medical records.
Skills : Medical Records, Coding, Customer Service, Administration.
- Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations.
- Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or personal visits to solicit payment.
- Advise customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
- Persuade customers to pay amounts due on credit accounts, damage claims, or nonpayable checks, or to return merchandise.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts.
- Locate and monitor overdue accounts, using computers and a variety of automated systems.
- Answer customer questions regarding problems with their accounts.
- Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
Diploma In Academics
Insurance Clerk III Resume
Summary : To obtain a position that offers challenging responsibilities. As well as to allow me to, increase career experience, professional growth, and the learning of new skills.
Skills : Microsoft, Customer Service, Bilingual. Spanish.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Organizes work by reading and routing correspondence; collecting information; initiating telecommunications.
- Completes requests by greeting customers, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares reports by collecting information.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer instructions and established procedures.
Insurance Clerk II Resume
Summary : To be a loyal and dependable employee. To learn as much as I can so that I may be able to help, and train any new employees. I believe in being a team player, and a leader. To have the opportunity to learn as much as I can about the company in order to advance, and become an asset to the company I represent.
Skills : Special Olympics Volunteer.
- Performed administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Contacted insured or other involved persons to obtain missing information.
- Organized and work with detailed office or warehouse records, using computers to enter access, search and retrieve data.
- Posted or attached information to claim file.
- Prepared and reviewed insurance-claim forms and related documents for completeness.
- Provided customer service, such as giving limited instructions on how to proceed with claims or providing referrals to auto repair facilities or local contractors.
- Reviewed insurance policy to determine coverage.
Insurance Clerk I Resume
Summary : Highly organized and detail-oriented with more than 6 years experience supplying thorough, organized administrative support. who continually maintains a positive attitude while interacting with demanding clients. Serves as the primary point of contact for both in-house and external phone and website queries.
Skills : Fax, Scanner, Medical records, Medical office setting, coding, Medical terminology, insurance billing.
- Secertary Answered an average of 30 calls per day by addressing customer inquiries, solving problems and providing new product information.
- Greeted customers entering the store to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed.
- Described product to customers and accurately explained details and care of merchandise.
- Earned management trust by serving as key holder, responsibly opening and closing store.
- Politely assisted customers in person and via telephone.
- Answered product questions with up-to-date knowledge of sales and store promotions.
- Effectively communicated with and supported sales, marketing and administrative teams on a daily basis.
- Restocked inventory ever month and reviewed cash operation data to verify proper replenishment.
Bachelor Of Science
Lead Insurance Clerk Resume
Summary : Seeking position as a Bilingual Medical Billing and Coding Specialist/ or Front Office Specialist where I can utilize the skills that I have acquired and opportunity to learn and grow in the Medical Field.
Skills : Data Entry, Billing, 10 Key By Touch, 10 Key By Touch, 10-Key Calculator, Phones, Opthamology billing, Medicare, Medical Billing.
- Worked with all Obstetrical patients to coordinate insurance benefits in relation to obstetrical care.
- Responsible for keying charges to insurance companies for payment of charges.
- Responsible for follow up on all past due insurance claims.
- Responsible for collection of patient balance of past due accounts Analyzed reports for delinquent accounts and strategized plans to resolve the past due account.
- Registered patients into the clinic for care.
- Verified insurance benefits for multiple services on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the credentialing and re-credentialing of all providers into Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid and Tricare programs.
- Implemented procedures for collection of copays and deductibles prior to rendering services.
High School Diploma
Insurance clerk/Specialist Resume
Summary : Able to learn new tasks quickly and proficient in growing key customer relationships. Represent establishment with friendly, professional demeanor at all times. Would enjoy working back in the medical field.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Scanning, Postage Machine, Fax Machine, Filing, Balancing.
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Operate typing, adding, calculating, or billing machines.
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Review documents such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records to compute fees or charges due.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data or keeping other records concerning costs of goods or services or the shipment of goods.
- Keep records of invoices and support documents.
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
- Track accumulated hours and dollar amounts charged to each client job to calculate client fees for professional services, such as legal or accounting services.
Billing And Insurance Clerk Resume
Objective : Seeking position within an organization that can fully utilize skills to achieve their business needs and objectives.
Typing, Data Entry Strong analytical and organizational skills Excellent Interpersonal skills, phone manner and office etiquette.
Skills : Attended Leadership Hartselle, Mastered skills in team building for maximum productivity., Presentation Skills in front of large audiences, one on one evaluation skills, letter writing, advertisements, filing and the proper way to answer a phone.
- Responsible for billing of all insurance accounts, as well as, the tracing and logging of corresponding information into patient's record.
- Managed the upfront office: greeting patients, answering phones, and maintaining a professional office atmosphere.
- Handled the opening of contracts and discussion of all financial issues with patients.
- Acted as second in charge when manager was out of office.
- Direct liaison between doctors and insurance companies.
- Traveled to different offices to ensure all billing and tracing logs were up to date.
- Took the initiative created a shortage log to keep track of shortages and overages that was adapted and implemented for the whole company.
- Received recognition for the effort and the results.
Associate Insurance Clerk Resume
Headline : Confident and praised in interactions with individuals of any and all levels. Detail oriented, resourceful in completing any and all job duties and able to multi-task effectively. Self-Motivated and Self-directed.
Skills : Billing, Administrator.
- Collected on delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients; monitoring payments; following up with patients when payment lapse has occurred.
- Used coded data to produce and submit claims to insurance carriers.
- Worked directly with insurance carriers, healthcare providers, and patients to get claim processed and paid.
- Reviewed and appealed unpaid and denied claims.
- Verified patient's insurance coverage, and obtain authorization for office visits and procedures.
- Answered patient's billing questions and handled any discrepancies.
- Managed the facility's Account Receivable and Insurance Receivable reports.
- Processed all payments from insurance companies and prepares a daily balance sheet.
Master Of Science
Insurance clerk Resume
Summary : Over four years experience working in a medical office. Used to running and multi tasking all while keeping patients happy. Able to lead and take control of any situation. Experienced in billing and coding.
Skills : MS Office, MS Excel.
- Processed death claims and issued a check to beneficiaries.
- Responsible for balancing and auditing 1099 tax reporting on life insurance to the IRS.
- Balanced daily our processing system and distributed work to employees prior to normal business hours.
- Handled calls with individual customers and/or our agency force across the state.
- Work closely with the accounting department for posting payments, balancing and data entry.
- Able to balance every morning from our cycle so employees had their work ready for them when they arrived to work.
- Able to put together a system to make the checking of tax forms more efficient and others were able to use this system to help them as well.