Insurance Clerk Resume
Summary : An increasingly responsible position in Insurance Clerk, where skills and abilities will result in an expanded clientele and a more profitable organization.
Skills : Typing, Filing, Coding, Posting, Collections, Meditech, Easy Dental, Outlook.
- Received, documented, and input patient insurance data into the computer system.
- Answered patient inquires about eligibility, insurance coverage, co-payments, deductibles, and first party debt/outstanding balances.
- Received check or credit card payments to post to patient co-payment accounts facilitating proper billing.
- Used a multi-line phone system; page on overhead system, forward calls to appropriate Doctor, Nurse, or Staff, take clear and concise messages both by hand and "pulsenet" computer system.
- Received, openned, processed, and delivered incoming mail to appropriate offices.
- Processed and metered all outgoing mail including confidential HIPAA information, prepare outgoing faxes for transition and distribute incoming faxes.
- Interviewed patient and input initial information documenting personal information, insurance coverage, and medical history into the computer system.
High School Diploma
Sr. Insurance Clerk Resume
Summary : Well organized, and motivated group wishing to further the goals of not only their ambitions, but that of the company. Lean and grow with the company Increase salary to secure a future for family Improve upon myself.
Skills : Knowledge Of ICD-9 Coding, Planning Skills.
- Answered telephones, and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Scheduled and confirmed patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations.
- Interviewed patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Received and routed messages and documents such as laboratory results to appropriate staff.
- Performed various clerical and administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
- Prepared correspondence and assist physicians or medical scientists with preparation of reports, speeches, articles and conference proceedings.
- Corresponded with insured or agent to obtain information or inform them account status or changes.
- Organized and worked with detailed office records, maintaining files for each patient, including policies that are to be reinstated or cancelled.
Jr. Insurance Clerk Resume
Summary : A challenging position in a growing company where I can advance as a secretary/accounting. Greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff. Operate office equipment, such as voice mail messaging systems, and use word processing, spreadsheet, or other software applications to prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories, or medical records.
Skills : Medical Records, Coding, Customer Service, Administration.
- Arranged for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations.
- Located and notified customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or personal visits to solicit payment.
- Advised customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
- Persuaded customers to pay amounts due on credit accounts, damage claims, or nonpayable checks, or to return merchandise.
- Conferred with customers by telephone or in person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts.
- Located and monitored overdue accounts, using computers and a variety of automated systems.
- Answered customer questions regarding problems with their accounts.
- Recorded information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
Diploma In Academics
Insurance Clerk Resume
Summary : To obtain a Insurance Clerk position that offers challenging responsibilities. As well as to allow me to, increase career experience, professional growth, and the learning of new skills.
Skills : Microsoft, Customer Service, Bilingual. Spanish.
- Produced information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Organized work by reading and routing correspondence; collected information; initiated telecommunications.
- Completed requests by greeting customers, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintained customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepared reports by collecting information.
- Maintained office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipated needed supplies; placed and expediting orders for supplies; verified receipt of supplies.
- Kept equipment is operational by following manufacturer instructions and established procedures.
Insurance Clerk II Resume
Summary : To be a loyal and dependable employee. To learn as much as I can so that I may be able to help, and train any new employees. I believe in being a team player, and a leader. To have the opportunity to learn as much as I can about the company in order to advance, and become an asset to the company I represent.
Skills : Special Olympics Volunteer, Communication Skills.
- Performed administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Sought out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Contacted insured or other involved persons to obtain missing information.
- Organized and worked with detailed office or warehouse records, using computers to enter access, search and retrieve data.
- Posted or attached information to the claim file.
- Prepared and reviewed insurance-claim forms and related documents for completeness.
- Provided customer service, such as giving limited instructions on how to proceed with claims or providing referrals to auto repair facilities or local contractors.
- Reviewed insurance policy to determine coverage.
Insurance Clerk I Resume
Summary : Highly organized and detail-oriented with more than 6 years experience supplying thorough, organized administrative support. who continually maintains a positive attitude while interacting with demanding clients. Serves as the primary point of contact for both in-house and external phone and website queries.
Skills : Fax, Scanner, Medical records, Medical office setting, coding, Medical terminology, insurance billing.
- Secretary Answered an average of 30 calls per day by addressing customer inquiries, solving problems, and providing new product information.
- Greeted customers entering the store to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed.
- Described products to customers and accurately explained details and care of merchandise.
- Earned management trust by serving as a key holder, responsibly opening and closing the store.
- Politely assisted customers in person and via telephone.
- Answered product questions with up-to-date knowledge of sales and store promotions.
- Effectively communicated with and supported sales, marketing, and administrative teams on a daily basis.
- Restocked inventory every month and reviewed cash operation data to verify proper replenishment.
Bachelor Of Science
Lead Insurance Clerk Resume
Summary : Seeking a position as a Lead Insurance Clerk where I can utilize the skills that I have acquired and the opportunity to learn and grow in the Medical Field.
Skills : Data Entry, Billing, 10 Key By Touch, 10-Key Calculator, Phones, Ophthalmology billing, Medicare, Medical Billing.
- Worked with all Obstetrical patients to coordinate insurance benefits in relation to obstetrical care.
- Responsible for keying charges to insurance companies for payment of charges.
- Responsible for follow-up on all past-due insurance claims.
- Responsible for collection of patient balance of past due accounts Analyzed reports for delinquent accounts and strategized plans to resolve the past due to account.
- Registered patients into the clinic for care.
- Verified insurance benefits for multiple services on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the credentialing and re-credentialing of all providers into Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare programs.
- Implemented procedures for the collection of copays and deductibles prior to rendering services.
High School Diploma
Insurance clerk/Specialist Resume
Summary : Able to learn new tasks quickly and proficient in growing key customer relationships. Represent establishment with friendly, professional demeanor at all times. Would enjoy working back in the medical field.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Scanning, Postage Machine, Fax Machine, Filing, Balancing.
- Verified accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Operated typing, adding, calculating, or billing machines.
- Prepared itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Reviewed documents such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records to compute fees or charges due.
- Performed bookkeeping work, including posting data or keeping other records concerning costs of goods or services or the shipment of goods.
- Kept records of invoices and support documents.
- Resolved discrepancies in accounting records.
- Tracked accumulated hours and dollar amounts charged to each client job to calculate client fees for professional services, such as legal or accounting services.
Billing And Insurance Clerk Resume
Objective : Seeking Billing And Insurance Clerk position within an organization that can fully utilize skills to achieve their business needs and objectives.
Typing, Data Entry Strong analytical and organizational skills Excellent Interpersonal skills, phone manner, and office etiquette.
Skills : MS Office, Presentation Skills, Planning Skills.
- Responsible for billing of all insurance accounts, as well as, the tracing and logging of corresponding information into patient's record.
- Managed the upfront office: greeting patients, answering phones, and maintaining a professional office atmosphere.
- Handled the opening of contracts and discussion of all financial issues with patients.
- Acted as second in charge when the manager was out of office.
- Direct liaison between doctors and insurance companies.
- Traveled to different offices to ensure all billing and tracing logs were up to date.
- Took the initiative created a shortage log to keep track of shortages and overages that were adapted and implemented for the whole company.
- Received recognition for the effort and the results.
Associate Insurance Clerk Resume
Headline : Confident and praised in interactions with individuals of any and all levels. Detail-oriented, resourceful in completing any and all job duties, and able to multi-task effectively. Self-Motivated and Self-directed.
Skills : Billing, Administrator, Communication Skills.
- Collected on delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients.
- Monitored payments; followed up with patients when payment lapse has occurred.
- Used coded data to produce and submit claims to insurance carriers.
- Worked directly with insurance carriers, healthcare providers, and patients to get claims processed and paid.
- Reviewed and appealed unpaid and denied claims.
- Verified patient's insurance coverage, and obtain authorization for office visits and procedures.
- Answered patient's billing questions and handled any discrepancies.
- Managed the facility's Account Receivable and Insurance Receivable reports.
- Processed all payments from insurance companies and prepares a daily balance sheet.
Master Of Science
Insurance clerk Resume
Summary : Over four years of experience working in a medical office. Used to running and multi-tasking all while keeping patients happy. Able to lead and take control of any situation. Experienced in billing and coding.
Skills : MS Office, Managing Skills, Supervising Skills.
- Processed death claims and issued a check to beneficiaries.
- Responsible for balancing and auditing 1099 tax reporting on life insurance to the IRS.
- Balanced daily our processing system and distributed work to employees prior to normal business hours.
- Handled calls with individual customers and/or our agency force across the state.
- Worked closely with the accounting department for posting payments, balancing, and data entry.
- Able to balance every morning from our cycle so employees had their work ready for them when they arrived to work.
- Able to put together a system to make the checking of tax forms more efficient and others were able to use this system to help them as well.