Journeyman Lineman Resume
Summary : Passion for teaching and training Apprentice Lineman. knowledgeable at teaching new and better ways to do our job safer and more efficient.
Skills : Computer Hardware - electrical construction.
- Trained apprentices and groundsmen in all phases in electrical construction, wye and delta systems, safety tools, PPE, troubleshooting in overhead and underground systems.
- Recorded meter reading and installation data on meter cards, work orders and field service orders.
- Disconnected and removed electric power meters when defective and when customer accounts were in default, using hand tools.
- Spliced and connected cable from the meter and current transformer to pull box and switchboard, using hand tools, to provide power.
- Mounted and installed a meter and other electric equipment, such as transformers and circuit breakers, using electric lineman hand tools.
- Opened switches and attached grounding devices in order to remove electrical hazards from disturbed and fallen lines and to facilitate repairs.
- Traveled in trucks, helicopters, and airplanes to inspect lines for freedom from obstruction and adequacy of insulation.
Journeyman Lineman/Foreman Resume
Summary : To obtain a position within the Electrical utility industry, in the overhead line department. Capable but not limited to, supervision, management, and overseeing of all aspects of power line construction and maintenance for distribution and transmission systems.
Skills : Switching Procedures.
- Adhere to safety practices and procedures, such as checking equipment regularly and erecting barriers around work areas.
- Climb poles or use truck-mounted buckets to access equipment.
- Open switches or attach grounding devices to remove electrical hazards from disturbed or fallen lines or to facilitate repairs.
- Place insulating or fireproofing materials over conductors and joints.
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical distribution and transmission systems, including conduits, cables, wires, and related equipment, such as transformers, circuit breakers, and switches.
- Identify defective sectionalizing devices, circuit breakers, fuses, voltage regulators, transformers, switches, relays, or wiring, using wiring diagrams and electrical-testing instruments.
- Drive vehicles equipped with tools and materials to job sites.
- Coordinate work assignment preparation and completion with other workers.
Journeyman Lineman/Technician Resume
Summary : Detailed oriented, thorough, and accurate Journeyman Lineman having diverse field experience in the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of transmission and distribution circuits. Regular exposure to the installation and maintenance of underground primary and secondary voltages.
Skills : Personable, Quick learner.
- Installs, removes, maintains, and repairs overhead and underground distribution circuits.
- Work primary voltages ranging from 4800KV, 7200KV, 12000KV, and Hot Sticking procedures for voltages of 34.5KV.
- Install and troubleshoot URD Pad Mount Transformers and Secondary Hand holes.
- Installation and maintenance of Cut-Outs, Inline Switches, Open and closed Three Phase Transformer Banks, Step Transformers, Regulators, Regulator Banks, and group operated switches.
- Respond to emergency call outs and natural disasters as needed.
- Travel to foreign utilities and work storm restoration in various weather conditions.
- Safely open, test, tag, and ground primary distribution and transmission circuits.
Sr. Journeyman Lineman Resume
Summary : Responsible for Installing and removing equipment such as poles, pole anchors, cross arms, towers, insulators, transformers, capacitors, reclosers, and sectionalized.
Skills : Couplings for hoses, maintaining them to work properly.
- Include working alone, and being the first responder to emergencies and outages on the electrical distribution system calls.
- Respond to customer calls related to the electric distribution system such as low voltage, low wires, flickering lights, tree conditions, and underground facility dig-ins.
- Perform substation and field switching, either self-directed or with direction from the System Control center.
- Assist electric construction crews in daily work activities and in the restoration of service during emergency conditions.
- Perform emergency locates on underground facilities.
- Maintenance and construction activities as directed by supervision.
- Appointed Safety Chairman for the Bakersfield service center and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
Jr. Journeyman Lineman Resume
Objective : Journeyman Lineman with extensive training, education, and experience in the field of electrical Power line Construction, maintenance, and emergency work. Excellent English reading, writing, and comprehension skills.
Skills : Licensed Electrical contractor with Richmond,Indiana.
- Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead work.
- Capable of leading crew members in the absence of the Foreman.
- Stringing overhead wire; setting poles and anchors.
- Able to install transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, cross-arms, insulators, switches, and switchgear.
- Troubleshooting trouble in primary and secondary systems; able to replace cutout fuses and clears faulted circuits and systems.
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
Journeyman Lineman III Resume
Objective : Proven ability to utilize inspiring leadership, personal drive, creative vision, and analytical skill to yield successful delivery of both team and individual goals, actively contributing to organizational growth.
Skills : Line worker department.
- Utilize all safety equipment, procedures, practices and rules to complete every job safe every day.
- Perform thorough documented and signed by crew members pre-job safety briefings before every job every day.
- Utilize personal protective equipment, personal insulative protective equipment, and insulative protective equipment to complete jobs.
- Complete IPE inspections before each and every use.
- Complete thorough trucks and equipment inspections everyday before use.
- Ensure that all live line tools and equipment are in proper working condition before every use.
- Complete service work orders and construction work orders.
- Build and construct electrical distribution facilities.
Lead Journeyman Lineman Resume
Summary : Journeyman Lineman with 9 years of experience working on distribution systems and substations. Highly motivated working effectively and safely.
Skills : Operating equipment, Excavators, Backhoe, Dozier, putting.
- Install, repair and maintain overhead and underground electrical power lines and auxiliary equipment.
- Performs line switching or sectionalizing as directed.
- Performs emergency repairs, phases and connects circuits under load; performs load checks and balances feeders as required.
- Installs and removes transformers, including primary and secondary current transformers and self-contained meters; cut-outs, disconnecting switches, circuit breakers and other overhead line and U.R.D.
- devices, rigging block and tackle where necessary or working with ground crew and winch to raise or lower equipment.
- Install street and area lights, working with primary and secondary voltages.
- Re-conductored existing circuits, Operated bucket trucks, digger dereks, mini dereks, puller-tensioners.
Journeyman Lineman II Resume
Summary : Motivated Electrician who completes projects on time and uses professional level skill and trade knowledge to demonstrate superior performance on job sites.
Skills : Transformer inventory, pcb records on all transformers, Equipment operator.
- Worked with various types of cableways, conduits and other electrical raceways.
- Worked extended hours on weekday and weekend projects.
- Consistently updated knowledge of safety requirements and policies.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of cable reels, stripping tools, voltage detectors, crimping tools and wire and cable cutters.
- Maintained a working area that was clean, safe and stocked with appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Interpreted blueprints, schematics, drawings and layouts to complete repairs.
- Notified supervisor immediately about equipment problems and breakdowns.
- Completed daily inspections of all electronic equipment.
Diploma In General
Journeyman Lineman Resume
Objective : To establish a long-term career in a company where I may utilize my Journeyman Lineman professional skills and knowledge to be an effective Associate Program Manager and inspiration to those around me.
Skills : CDl a class license, Team Work.
- General knowledge of the Transmission and Distribution electrical system.
- Trained in Rubber Gloving of high voltage conductors and equipment of up to 17KV.
- Experience working conductors and equipment from 120V to 220KV.
- Familiarity with taking clearances using radio protocol on electrical lines.
- Accustomed to working extended hours, while maintaining focus and ability to multi-task.
- Used to working in a team environment, analyzing situations, and overcoming tasks/ problems.
- Experienced in climbing and using man lifts to work poles, towers, substations and various facilities.
Journeyman Lineman Resume
Summary : Journeyman Lineman with 17 years experience ensuring work is in compliance with all relevant codes. Received Journeyman lineman certificate.
Skills : Overhead and Underground Electrical.
- Attended monthly safety meetings to ensure machine operation safety.
- Communicated operational issues and changes to supervisor on regular basis.
- Followed company procedures to maintain work environment in a neat and orderly condition.
- Prepared and administered preventative maintenance work orders.
- Promoted shop safety by working in a safe manner.
- Maintained compliance with company standards to perform all maintenance activities.
- Maintained positive relationships with all customers.
- Followed standards and procedures to maintain safe work environment.