Lead Manufacturing Engineer Resume
Summary : A Lead manufacturing engineer with over twenty-five plus years of progressive responsibilities in manufacturing operations, Project Engineering and Planning, Production Assemblies and Strategic Planning/Engineering processes and to effectively manage and implement structures, strategies and cost savings in manufacturing and production environment.
Skills : Project Management, Process Improvement.
- Provided Manufacturing Engineering Support of built-in new business to help slim line procedures, production processes and resolves engineering or design problems.
- Worked closely with senior management to ensure overall goals and objectives of the department are being met.
- Participated in BT&E - FAST Workflow Movement Process Development between FAST organizations.
- Implemented the movement of work between FAST organizations - St.
- Provided high level of technical support and customer service on-site within the region and where required.
- Coordinated/Investigated malfunctioning or damaged fabrication equipment.
- Determined the nature and scope of the problem and recommend repairs, replacement, or other corrective action.
Sr. Lead Manufacturing Engineer Resume
Summary : Fulfill internal and external client objectives within the confines of departmental budget, time constraint(s) and operational standards. Rectify problems logically, swiftly and transparently. Reduce waste. Plan, execute, measure, adjust, monitor.
Skills : Project Management, Six Sigma Green Belt, Process Development.
- Responsible for all tooling and assembly fixtures, worked with manufacturing supervision to ensure all elements were in place before assembly.
- Constructed full scale mock-up of locomotive cab for customer Engineer/Operator review and milestone payment.
- Assembled a Laboratory in Hornell to execute testing of gearboxes and other electrical/mechanical apparatus utilizing NYSERDA funding.
- Included data acquisition system, conductive flooring system, "T" slot table system, customized power supply and delivery system.
- Assigned to perform a Quality Kaizen event at the John Street facility in Henrietta to overhaul the relay assembly process to increase line affectivity and minimize recidivism.
- Directed a staff of engineers, designers, and technicians in the development of an entirely new line of electronic pressure transmitters.
- Managed the entire development cycle (the company’s first concurrent engineering project) from initial planning, through the design, testing and agency approvals, to the creation of the machinery needed to make it. Brought this new product line to market in fourteen months with great improvements in manufacturing cost, quality, and sales.
Jr. Lead Manufacturing Engineer Resume
Objective : A Mechanical Engineering position applying proven skills in engineering, teamwork, and task accomplishment. Solid work ethic fosters high productivity, quality results, and a solid contribution toward company profitability.
Skills : Lean, Tooling, Design, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Etc.
- Developed tool layouts, process illustration sheets, review tool drawings, run-off equipments, order the new machining CNC and transfer lines, machining tool, developing tool management system, including tool ordering, tool regrind, production inventory, evaluate speeds and feeds, new material for Powertrain machining operations.
- Developed machining process for Al casting including low and high pressure.
- Proven record with specifications, purchasing, installing and maintaining aluminum machining equipment including CNC centers for drilling, milling, grinding, gundrilling, etc.
- Implemented lean principles for CNC and transfer line machining process.
- Multiple project ability: Responsible for the tooling development-Duratec, Cyclone programs.
- Developed machine cutting tool system for 3.0L V-6 Vulcan Cylinder Head.
- Implemented 3.0L- DAMB;3.0L;2.0L;2.5L-X400 Jaguar Cylinder Head machining process Developed Value Stream Map for machining process and tooling.
- Experienced leading other technical people, team leader, skills for proven problem-solving.
- Conducted machinability tests for valve guides, valve seats, crankshafts, connecting rods, cylinder blocks including vibration and FEA.
Lead Manufacturing Engineer I Resume
Objective : Lead Manufacturing Engineer works independently and interdependently within various interdepartmental teams.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Leads a team of 4 manufacturing engineers to implement process improvements and corrective actions within the F-35 value stream.
- Choses to support the transition of F-35 transparency from production development to manufacturing.
- Responsible for reducing scrap & rework, improving product flow & processes, and meeting company objectives.
- Completes maintenance activities such as: advanced troubleshooting of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, controls and electrical systems; uses the PLC and online ladder logic to troubleshoot machine control issues; equipment performance improvement projects; process validation activities; corrective maintenance tasks; and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Contributes to process optimization through equipment design improvements, improvements to operating and maintenance procedures, and maintenance activities.
- Independently troubleshoots complex equipment with a high degree of quality and reliability.
- Implements permanent corrective actions to eliminate recurrent problems.
Lead Manufacturing Engineer II Resume
Headline : Results - oriented, high energy, hands-on professional, with a successful record of accomplishments in Project Management, quality systems development, coordination of shop floor load requirements, new product introductions, first article inspection reviews, lean manufacturing improvements and leading integrated resources of manufacturing teams to drive rapid improvements of safety, quality, cost and delivery.
Skills : Lean Six Sigma, HVAC, CAD AutoCAD, GD&T Pro/Engineer SolidWorks.
- Directly responsible for the industrialization of product and process for new circuit breaker products and product extensions.
- Directs and asserts influence on the new designs to assure high quality, manufacturability and low cost.
- Designs manufacturing layouts, procure and validate the tooling, molds and equipment for new product implementation.
- Submits capital appropriations for new product projects, track project schedules and manage budgets.
- Coordinates and issues Engineering Release Letters to the plants and Marketing department notifying formal release of new products
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of the manufacturing technologies, processes and equipment to provide support for all processes and equipment in all areas.
- Develops a good understanding of the theory, process, and equipment for RF welding.
Lead Manufacturing Engineer III Resume
Summary : Works independently to maintain and improve simple/manual, semi automated, and complex, automated manufacturing equipment. Maintenance activities include: troubleshooting of mechanical, pneumatic; hydraulic, electrical and controls systems; equipment performance improvement; corrective maintenance; and preventative maintenance .
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Designs, sources, and installs manufacturing equipment for Driver Side Airbag Modules.
- Completes Manufacturing System Design workshops, PFMEA, Control Plan, and Process Flow Diagram.
- Supports estimating activities for new business pursuits.
- Develops, presents, and follows appropriation requests through finance.
- Develops manufacturing timing plans.
- Manages, disburses, and forecasts $3M project budget.
- Successfully installs new manufacturing equipment with a flawless launch Developed a matrix implementing process segmentation Led activities to develop baseline PFMEA for manufacturing processes Recommended for Excellence Award Quality Engineer Establish and maintain relationships with both customers and suppliers for 3 product lines, establish quality systems, lead problem solving activities for continuous improvement.
Asst. Lead Manufacturing Engineer Resume
Objective : Desire a position leading to technical management responsibilities in an aggressive product development unit for a growing company.
Skills : Technician, Operating.
- Manufactured liaison with OEM customers for data archiving products.
- Resolved complex interactions dealing with customization and product quality verification.
- Acted as the lead engineer for the manufacturing aspect of in several new product development programs.
- Responsible for a number of product cost reduction programs.
- Responsible for the development of an innovative media feed system for a multimedia photo-scanner (PhotoSmart Photo-Scanner).
- Demonstrated ability to understand new and “first time worked on” mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, controls and electrical systems.
- Worked in understanding of programmable logic controllers (PLC).
Associate Lead Manufacturing Engineer Resume
Headline : Highly qualified Lead Manufacturing Engineer with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Project management; Blueprints, parts lists, application.
- Responsible for the assembly of torque converters, and transmissions.
- Modified the design specification to have a minimum of 0.015 set endplay.
- Estimated savings over $2M.
- Performed a DOE (design of experiments) on the key process input variables, and implemented an extensive PM (preventative maintenance) program on the welders.
- Increased the FTT (first time through) to 99% from 80%.
- Maximized the output of the torque converter line by, improving the JPH (jobs per hour) by 70 and FTT to 99% eliminating the need for a 3rd shift.
- Maximized the output of the cover plate and impeller lines, by bottleneck elimination in both departments.
Lead Manufacturing Engineer/Consultant Resume
Summary : Lead Manufacturing Engineer who has demonstrated strong leadership and technical expertise in diverse Engineering roles, including Design, Analysis, Manufacturing, Planning, Assembly and Test disciplines. Outstanding creative ability to solve challenges quickly and effectively. Consistently applies a common-sense approach to motivating team members in completing projects.
Skills : Project Management, Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Operations Management, Engineering Management.
- Responsible for hardware design review, specifying resources, work-flow planning, scheduling, resource allocation, GSE and tooling development, and assembly and delivery of deployable space flight hardware including solar arrays and components.
- Consistently under-ran Program Manufacturing and Build/Test budgets, and always delivered on time.
- Applied LEAN strategies on all Programs through Value Stream Mapping and Five "S" to improve production flow and eliminate waste.
- Improved delivery on critically late Solar Array program from one month behind to ahead of schedule through strategic resource planning & management.
- Prevented up to 16 weeks of additional production time by reviewing CAD models, pinpointing critical design faults, and instigating redesign in flight mechanisms.
- Decreased thermal/functional testing time by half on flight release mechanisms through simple tooling redesign.
- Ensured manufacturing readiness and minimized schedule two months by leading early- phase multi-discipline Manufacturing Program Review on twenty-wing array program.
- Reduced solar array assembly time by four weeks by simplifying complex wiring design and by developing wire template for batch-build assemblies.
- Pioneered layout and implementation of hi-fidelity graphic-based work orders for 30% faster assembly times and significantly reduced quality issues and change orders.
Lead Manufacturing Engineer Resume
Headline : Lead Manufacturing Engineer position is to develop, deploy and validate equipment and process technology to support New Product Development (NPD), lead day-to-day problem solving to drive improvements in quality, cost and on time delivery and lead continuous improvement
Skills : Lean Manufacturing, CAD.
- Created complex spreadsheets to perform calculations to ensure all metal/Teflon bellows are in compliance with EJMA, ASME B31.1, B31.3 & Section IX, FSA, and ANSI codes.
- Used FEA software (LISA) to analyze the bellows to ensure that they will work the way we have promised.
- Assisted all sales people in determining the correct size, and type of expansion joint to give our customers as well as approve all designs to make sure the shop had the capabilities and that we were backed up by all applicable codes.
- Worked with our customers engineers to make sure what we were making or quoting them is exactly what they are asking for because most of the time, the technical information isn't properly transmitted to the sales department.
- Worked extensively with the quality control department in order to make sure we met ISO 9001 standards as well as industry standards for inspection of the products and shipping processes.
- Designed tooling and dies to help production provide higher quality expansion joints while allowing the engineering department to offer a wider range of products.
- Implemented Lean principals along with the 5S system, dramatically cut down on "muda" or waste in the production process.