Medical Laboratory Assistant Resume
Summary : Customer-oriented and successful at troubleshooting and handling customer /patient support issues in a timely manner. Dedicated in providing exceptional customer and patient service through active listening and problem solving with strong time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
Skills : Certified Medical Laboratory Technologist.
- Responsible to Supervisor in Specimen Reception and the Senior Duty Biomedical Scientist on duty.
- Received requests for analysis on diagnostic specimens, checking validity and consistency of patient information on request forms, on the diagnostic specimen containers and on Electronic Test Requesting labels.
- Operated of the Department's Modular Pre-Analytical system, including carrying out routine daily maintenance and first line troubleshooting.
- Performed basic laboratory testing under the supervision of a HPC Reg.
- Responded in a positive and courteous manner to enquires made by telephone and in person, maintaining patient confidentiality at all times.
- Collected blood samples from adult and pediatric patients including NICU patients using venipuncture and capillary procedure and techniques.
- Performed patient registration, enter orders into LIS Accessioning and dispatching Verified specimens from nursing units; generate collection labels, process and aliquot specimens, distributing specimens to appropriate laboratory departments.
- Maintained all equipment, inventory and supplies.
MS In Biology
Sr. Medical Laboratory Assistant Resume
Summary : Find employment with a company where skills and experience will be an asset to the business while furthering knowledge and abilities.
Skills : Research, Medical Terminology, Data Entry, Infection Control, Medical Laboratory, Microsoft Office, Literature Review, SAS, SPSS.
- Set up specimens for gross dictation and dissection Assign case numbers to specimens and label appropriate paperwork, containers, and Tissue-Tek cassettes.
- Screened for improperly submitted specimens and take appropriate actions according to company policies.
- Sorted, separated, fixed according to specimen type and process specimens by loading into processors.
- Ordered special stains for specimens according to type of specimen.
- Ensured complete and accurate specimen log sheets are received and performs accurate data entry of all information on specimen block logs.
- Answered phone calls from clients and pathologists Accessions specimens into LIS system CORTEX Filter bone marrow aspirates and accession then distribute to Cytogenetics, Flow Cytometry, and/or Molecular Diagnostics.
- Maintained weekly inventory and restock supplies Maintain a clean and sanitized working environment according to OSHA regulations.
- Knowledged in handling chemicals and bio hazardous waste Follow all HIPAA regulations in regards to maintaining patient confidentiality.
BS In Biology
Jr. Medical Laboratory Assistant Resume
Objective : To obtain employment in an area that allows to utilize skills as a Medical Laboratory Assistant/Technician. Long-term phlebotomy, specimen processing, and data management skills in order to add value to your organization.
Skills : Phlebotomy, People skills, and Laboratory testing.
- Passed 7 CAP Inspections Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
- Entered/maintained patient, specimen, insurance, and billing information.
- Transport specimens or fluid samples from collection sites to laboratories.
- Disposed of blood or other biohazard fluids or tissue, in accordance with laws, standards, and policies.
- Organized or cleaned blood-drawing trays, ensuring that all instruments are sterile and all needles, syringes, or related items are of first-time use.
- Maintained laboratory equipment such as microscopes, mass spectrometers, microtomes, immunostainers, tissue processors, embedding centers, and water baths.
- Operated computerize laboratory equipment to dehydrate, decalcify, or microincinerate tissue samples Analyze and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs, or narratives.
- Knowledged of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
Medical Laboratory Assistant III Resume
Summary : Receives, registers, and processes specimens according to laboratory protocol and distributes specimens to testing areas.
Skills : Skilled Phlebotomist.
- Performed phlebotomy and processed specimens to be sent to outside labs.
- Performed routine tests and some specialized tests as ordered by medical professionals.
- Maintains quality control of specimen samples.
- Operated standard laboratory equipment and some specialized equipment.
- Recorded testing information and filed laboratory reports.
- Performed and documented maintenance and troubleshooting procedures on laboratory equipment to ensure proper operation Took patient history, vitals, and explained all required forms to patients and/or Monitored all aspects of work quality to include proper collection and transport.
- Administered injections as directed by physician Assisted with blood marrow biopsies Reviewed and processed orders for laboratory procedures for patients, Inventories and orders laboratory and office supplies.
- Cleaned and restocked laboratory facility.
Associates In Technology
Medical Laboratory Assistant II Resume
Objective : Experienced Clinical Laboratory Assistant with a Health Care Assistant license. At least 7.5 years of experience as a Laboratory Assistant and specimen processor. Desire great opportunities to further my career, education, experience and being apart of the diagnostics and treatments of patients.
Skills : MS Office Suite, ECW, Cerner, Healthdock, Standard Register, ICD10, eScreen.
- Collected, prepared, and processed specimens, assist the technologists and physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Verified record and report lab results on all performed tests.
- Maintained the cleanliness of lab equipment, instruments and work area.
- Ordered supplies weekly and check expiration dates monthly.
- Opened lab daily with starting up machines in areas including chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, serology, and bacteriology.
- Ensured test-result validity before recording/reporting results, concerned for the accuracy of test results, knowing the importance of accuracy involved in diagnostics and treatments of patients involved.
- Demonstrated the ability to communicate test results effectively with physicians, technologists and nursing staff as a member of laboratory team focused on providing quality of care.
Medical Laboratory Assistant I Resume
Objective : Professional Medical Laboratory Assistant with training and hands on practical application in the healthcare field. Strong technical and interpersonal skills with the ability to promote confidence when assisting patients directly or performing administrative duties.
Skills : Phlebotomy.
- Operated and maintained selected laboratory equipment such as centrifuges, cell washers, and balances.
- Verified specimen identification, assessed appropriateness of test orders and quality of specimen by recognizing factors that affect procedures and results; took appropriate action when corrections were indicated.
- Identified patient samples by strict adherence to established procedures; labeled samples accurately and completely.
- Ordered, allocated, issued and delivered supplies of blood and blood products.
- Prepared blood components for transfusion therapy.
- Prepared trauma packs and performed daily inspections.
- Washed RBC's, Platelets, and deglycerolized frozen thawed RBC's in preparation for transfusion.
Medical Laboratory Assistant/Associate Resume
Headline : Dependable professional with more than 3+ years experience in medical laboratory and administrative support and 10+ years experience in a customer focused service environment.
Skills : Medical Assistant, Medical Supervisor.
- Maintained efficient flow of clerical work in the department.
- Maintained adequate paperwork concerning patient information (Patient logs, Patient Labels) Prioritizes incoming and outgoing mail, faxes.
- Facilitated communication between disciplines (supervisors, coworkers, etc.).
- Obtained blood specimens on patients in the Emergency Room and on the main floors.
- Ran some waived test on blood and urine in the Emergency Room.
- Transported specimens where it needed to go.
- Practiced safe venipuncture, heel sticks and finger sticks on all ages.
Lead Medical Laboratory Assistant Resume
Summary : Seeking a position as a Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist in a dynamic healthcare setting that will utilize healthcare experience and enthusiasm to learn new skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Medical Terminology, Document Management, Research, Technical Writing, New Product Development, Quality Control.
- Identified the tests to be performed on each specimen and deliver to the appropriate department.
- Added, canceled or make changes to test orders in the computer system as needed.
- Performed waived tests on blood and urine specimens.
- Prepared specimens for transport and special testing.
- Planned and executed benefits for a family who recently lost their loved one to stage four colon cancer.
- Supervised a team of five to ensure project stayed in track and were delivered on time.
- Maintained detailed records of test results by entering data and patient information into computer.
Associate In General
Medical Laboratory Assistant/Technician Resume
Objective : Secure a position with a company that offers career growth opportunities and can utilize skills and experience to contribute to the company's objectives.
Skills : Laboratory Supervisor, Laboratory Assistant.
- Registered patients for laboratory tests while performing specimen collection, accessioning and processing.
- Performed insurance verification, data entry, and other administrative office duties.
- Provided telephone support and the management of confidential patient medical records.
- Interfaced with patients and nursing staff regarding billing issues and laboratory results.
- Assisted with supervising and training employees on specimen processing and courier route.
- Transported specimens to main hospital laboratory.
- Cleaned and restocked the lab facility, kept inventory, and ordered laboratory supplies.
- Performed additional laboratory duties as assigned.
Medical Laboratory Assistant Resume
Headline : Highly motivated, detailed oriented individual seeking employment which will allow to grow professionally while being able to utilize strong organizational and exceptional people skills.
Skills : Medical Tech, Lab Tech.
- Performed various standardized and nontechnical laboratory procedures in processing or preparing laboratory specimens, materials and supplies.
- Operated laboratory machinery and sterile equipment.
- Prepared specimen samples and blood/tissues specimens.
- Handled the complexity of work assigned.
- Very organized and successful at keeping track of blood racks.
- Achieved exceptional skills at prioritizing blood and specimens by level of urgency.
- Successfully built strong team relationships.
- Achieved excellent communication skills while building interpersonal relationships with members on the lab team.