Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume
Headline : 5+ years' experience computerized documentation Acute rehabilitation background, Organized, Supervision of students, Excellent multi-tasker, Experienced in use of ACP, Reliable Highly Observant, Excellent problem solver, Assisted with startup of multiple rehab departments.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Bilingual.
- Provided OT treatments for both short term rehab and long term care patients.
- Conducted treatment including use of ACP equipment.
- Assisted occupational therapists in planning, implementing and administering therapy programs.
- Instructed patients and families in work, social, and living skills, the care, use of adaptive equipment and discharge recommendations appropriate for patients.
- Report to supervisors or therapists, verbally or in writing, on patients' progress, attendance and accomplishments.
- Provided supervision and guidance for Occupational Therapy students from varied colleges.
- Ordered supplies and managed inventory for therapy department daily.
Associates In Science
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume
Objective : To obtain the position of Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, utilizing and combining 9 years experience as COTA working at skill nursing facilities and 12 years of Customer Service and management experience for a retail company.
Skills : Rehab Optima Software.
- Implement and create weekly schedules that entailed activities and exercise programs for children 1 year and older.
- Improved client leadership, motivational, organizational and decision skills.
- Assisted clients in a wide range of daily living skills activities.
- Exposed clients to a diverse work population using arts and crafts/activities.
- Training clients with permanent disabilities to use adaptive equipment.
- Utilized physical exercise to help patients increase strength and dexterity.
- Utilized computer software to help clients improve decision-making, abstract-reasoning, problem solving, memory, sequencing, coordination, and perceptual skills.
Associates Of Science
Licensed Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume
Summary : Motivated, personable medical professional with various skills in the business administration field. Proficient with use of computer aided documentation system. Diplomatic and tactful with patients, caregivers and medical staff. Accustomed to handling sensitive, confidential records. Demonstrated ability for producing accurate, timely documentation meeting stringent HMO and insurance guidelines.
Skills : Documentation in Casamba smart, Rehab Optima.
- Educate patient on compensatory strategies for improved independence with ADL tasks.
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans for patient's that is functional toward therapy goals as well as toward personal goals.
- Listen to patient's needs and wants to provide better care and determine functional outcomes.
- Demonstrate professionalism by adhering to company VOICE training procedures.
- Collaborate with medical staff for improved therapeutic performance.
- Recognize impact of acute illness and hospitalization on occupational performance.
- Identify and report relevant and important information from data gathered utilizing patient's medical records.
- Document patient's progress using site's requirements ensuring proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Staff Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume
Summary : > People person > 5+ years' experience computerized documentation > Acute rehabilitation background > Organized > Supervision of students > Excellent multi-tasker > Experienced in use of ACP > Reliable > Highly Observant > Excellent problem solver > Assisted with startup of multiple rehab departments.
Skills : COTA/L, Typing 50 Wpm, Patient Chart Reviews, Patient.
- Conduct resident screens(without interpretation) as allowed by state practice act.
- Help residents with rehabilitative activities and exercises outlined in a treatment plan developed in collaboration with an Occupational Therapist.
- Monitor individual's activities to make sure they are performed correctly and to provide encouragement.
- Assist in answering the telephone, restocking or ordering depleted supplies, and filling out insurance forms.
- Record resident progress for use by the Occupational Therapist.
- Provide training to residents, caregivers, and families according to the resident's care plan.
- Complete required forms and documents in accordance with state and federal regulations.
AS In Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Resume
Summary : Confident, high-energy Occupational Therapist with advanced clinical and customer service skills, seeking to leverage these strengths into a dynamic clinical therapist position.
Skills : Microsoft applications, Excel, NextGen, Cerner.
- Recognized for strong oral and written communication skills.
- Consistently treated a case load of 12-14 patients daily while completing appropriate paperwork in a timely and efficient manner.
- Acknowledged for strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills with co-workers, patients and their families.
- Deemed competent by supervising OTR/Coordinators to perform general medical, neurological and orthopedic evaluations within multiple settings.
- Established treatment plans and goals in accordance with the supervising OTR and patients.
- Efficient with written and dictated initial evaluations, progress reports and discharge reports.
- Worked closely with multidisciplinary team members to ensure safe and appropriate treatment and discharge planning.
BS In Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Assistant Student Resume
Objective : A highly motivated professional with a strong record of success in cost saving and efficiency for different career roles. Strong interpersonal skills are well-suited for exceling in service-oriented positions. Keen attention to detail has resulted in a strong reputation providing top quality attention to clients. Ability to adapt in different job sectors is a valuable asset in understanding tasks and learning quickly.
Skills : Rehab Optima, Patient services, Health care administration, Hospital environment.
- Attend and contribute to patient care, staffing conferences and other required meetings as a representative of occupational therapy, under the direction of the Occupational Therapist.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of rehab services; adherence to an established plan of care, department and patient(s)' schedule, and timely documentation of services.
- Work with other members of the rehabilitation team to develop activities consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
- Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the occupational therapy treatment program under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
- Maintain appropriate and timely documentation for all patients treated.
- Implement patient's individualized treatment plan as established by the primary Occupational Therapist.
- Provide individualized occupational therapy interventions including application of various therapeutic techniques.
Associate In Applied Science
Occupational Therapy Assistant II Resume
Headline : Energetic professional who is self-motivated and results-driven with strong communication, science, problem-solving and reasoning skills.
Skills : Developed Exercise Programs for Patients in Skilled Nursing Facilities including demonstrating exercise to patients, making sure patients completed exercises correctly, and documenting patient progress.
- Recruited new and reorganized existing staff assignments to improve productivity.
- Recommended equipment and in-home modifications.
- Consulted with other direct-care staff and caregivers to achieve occupational therapy goals.
- Maintained knowledge of Medicare and reimbursement regulations.
- Planned discharges, communicated findings; documented progress in detailed reports.
- Actively supported department quality assurance programs, education and customer service.
- Provided the highest quality of care to patients and families.
- Implemented new systems and policies that directly resulted in improved customer satisfaction, system-wide safety and regulatory compliance.
Associate Of Arts
Occupational Therapy Assistant III Resume
Summary : Licensed Occupational Therapy Assistant who is well versed in a broad range of treatments for restoring function and mitigating disability. Enthusiastic team player who is knowledgeable in orthopedic,neurological, cardiac and pulmonary needs. Driven to achieve exceptional patient outcomes and qualitycare. Looking to secure a challenging position to broaden my acquired skills set.
Skills : Team Player, Flexible, Creative Thinker, Problem Solver, And Motivator. Strong Interpersonal, Communication, Time Management And Organizational Skills. Exceptional Customer Service Skills.
- Completed treatment for geriatric patients with dual diagnosis of psychiatric and physical limitations.
- Proficient with custom and prefabricated splints to include patient / caregiver education for hand functionality and contraction management.
- Adapted delivery of ADL treatments with patients who have sustained life changing illness or injury.
- Facilitation of therapeutic groups to address behavioral health issues and provide opportunities to improve social interaction and enhance functional skills.
- Provided positioning programs to prevent disability and maintain healthy postures to improve function.
- Instruction of residents and caregivers in techniques to improve positioning, reduce the need for restraints, and maintain skin integrity.
- Developed and trained caregivers on use of restorative nursing programs.
- Recipient of annual territory award 2004 and 2006.
Associate Of Science
Occupational Therapy Assistant I Resume
Headline : Seeking employment with challenging opportunities in the field of occupational therapy, that would, further enhance my clinical experience and broaden my knowledge as an Occupational Therapist Assistant.
Skills : Certified Lymphedema Therapist.
- Provide occupational therapy services for a 120-bed, specialized sub-acute care.
- Assessed patients' rehabilitative needs, jointly developed patient plan of care and treatment goals and conducted physician-prescribed OT programs for medically complex patients.
- Trained and supervised by three OTR's in all occupational-rehabilitation-therapy treatments.
- Selected Contributions: Restored function for patients and prevented/lessened disabilities following disease or profound injury (including loss of limb, traumatic brain injury, stroke and paralysis).
- Administered treatments, modalities and therapeutic exercise programs encompassing active and passive ranges of motion, muscle reeducation, massage and heat/water/ice/light stimulation.
- Instructed patients in the safe and effective use of pulleys, weights, inclined surfaces and other equipment prescribed for their treatment.
- Helped patients adapt to the use of wheelchairs, braces, canes, crutches and prosthetic/orthotic devices.
- Excelled in ability to customize/adapt conventional OT techniques to meet the special needs of individual patients.
Sr. Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume
Summary : Ten years of experience as an Orthopedic Technician and Practical Nurse - US Army. Five years of experience as an Occupational Therapy Assistant. Assisted Orthopedic Surgeons, Occupational Therapists, Physician Assistants and Physical Therapists with a variety of specialized preoperative/postoperative care, fitting and fabricating casts and braces, as well as other procedures as prescribed by healthcare provider.
Skills : Treatment planning, knowledge of fine motor/in hand manipulation skills, contribution to IEP meetings, knowledge of sensory integration, plan sessions built around self-care skills, knowledge of hot/cold modalities, goniometry, Jamar grip strength evaluation.
- Assist in routine occupational therapy and medical examinations Ensure patients receive treatment prescribed by doctors or other healthcare providers.
- Conduct preliminary review/examination of data pertaining to patients Provide services to promote rehabilitation of acute and chronic disorders Assess interests, abilities, skills, motivation, attitude, values and knowledge to establish patient goals.
- Provide both physical and highly technical support for patients.
- Observe, monitor and assess patients' response to and effectiveness of treatment.
- Provide emotional and psychological support to patients and family members.
- Train patients to use orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices.
- Provide treatments including hydrotherapy, paraffin bath, adjust and fit supportive devices as instructed Promote occupational health and safety management within the organization.
Jr. Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume
Objective : Occupational therapy assistant skilled in wheelchair mobility and positioning, neuromuscular rehab for CVA recovery, and facilitating improvement in motor and cognitive funtions. Immense skills in modifying and constructing adaptive equipment and devices. currently pursing ATP certification from RESNA followed by SMS certification.
Skills : Physical Agent Modalities, Massage.
- Provide Care to Home Bound patients with a wide variety of medical diagnosis such as; diabetes, stroke, CVA, heart diseases, Orthopedic and spinal injuries, deconditioned patients.
- Providing families with Home Educational Programs, apply splints to improve/maintain patient's ROM, and modalities.
- Collaborate with OTR and other disciplines regarding status, goals attained, needs, POC and discharge dates.
- Provide daily documentation with vital signs.
- Received employee of the month twice.
- Great intercommunication with staff, patients and family.
- Skills Used Great inter-disciplinary skills, great patient advocate and family liaison.
Occupational Therapy Assistant Resume
Objective : To secure a position as an Occupational Therapy Assistant where I can utilize my education and experience.
Skills : <div>Documentation skills, Scheduling.</div>
- Observed and recorded patients' progress, attitudes, behavior, and maintained this information in clients records.
- Evaluated the daily living skills and capacities of physically, developmentally or emotionally disabled clients.
- Maintained and promoted a positive attitude toward clients and their treatment programs.
- Design, fabricate, and repair assistive devices and make adaptive changes to equipment and environments.
- Assemble, clean, and maintain equipment and materials for patient use.
- Selected and altered treatments in an out patient setting to obtain the desired results to help clients function independently.
- Developed and implemented creative exercise and program strategies.
- Iontopheresis Work under the direction of occupational therapists to plan, implement and administer educational, vocational, and recreational programs that restore and enhance performance in individuals with functional impairments including pediatric clientele.
Associate Of Applied Science