Prepress Technician/Executive Resume
Objective : Experienced Prepress Technician, File prep for output to plate for press, including imposition, proofing, plate making. Experienced with In design, Quark, Acrobat, Pitstop, Metrix imposition.
Skills : Photography, CAD, Adobe.
- Reviewed and prepared customer files for production on Macintosh computers using Adobe Creative Suite and Quark Xpress.
- Proofed customer files using large-format Epson and HP inkjet printers.
- Cut and assembled 3-dimensional proofs using an automated CAD table.
- Prepared proofs and plates for Komori large-format presses using Adobe Pitstop and Heidelberg Prinect software.
- Maintained and operated AGFA platesetters, and streamlining prepress production.
- Organized film to the digital conversion process, and designed digital templates, expediting Direct-To-Press output.
- Production team supported including project scheduling & coordination, imaging equipment maintenance, and file-server organization.
Bachelor Of Arts
Prepress Technician III Resume
Summary : Dedicated media enthusiast. As a fearless problem solver, leader, team member, teacher and student, strategy remains to actively pursue industry advancement through repetitive study.
Skills : Photoshop Expert, Technical Skills.
- Solid understood of the commercial print production process, from file preflight to the bindery.
- Current job-focused is prepared electronic art and impositions using Prinergy PDF workflow.
- Provided plates for offset sheetfed and web press as well as providing print-ready files for the digital press.
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat Pitstop Tools and Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on Indisigned and Illustrator.
- Expertise with many types of printed material, including saddle stitch and perfect bound publications.
- Managed inventory for the Prepress department.
- Entered, stored, and retrieved information on computer-aided equipment.
Prepress Technician I Resume
Objective : Digital pre-press computer operator with experience in all phases of pre-press. Pre-flight to final output of digital files and plate media, with heavy emphasis in imposition.
Skills : Operating system, Linux, Technical Skills.
- Sized, cropped, colored correct and retouched digital and scanned images for print.
- Pre-flighted, troubleshot, inspected graphics and packaging files for vendors, emailing to publications/vendors.
- Posted to an FTP site of all approved files leaving the agency. Output various files to plate, PDF and laser printer.
- Layout the publications in accordance with customer and management specifications.
- Maintained good communication with various clients through the entire publication process.
- Assisted members of the pressroom as needed including monitoring film being processed, collating, cutting, and folding printed products.
- Responsible for plated making and blue lining. Performed film duping.
Sr. Prepress Technician Resume
Summary : A result focused advertising artist proficient in multiple design applications with over eleven years of extensive experience in graphic design, desktop publishing.
Skills : Graphic Design, Prepress.
- Coordinated and organized files from all Art Directors to be press-ready with the use of Acrobat and manage files with a Rip station.
- Communicated with all printing companies that are used to publish local and international magazines.
- Met deadlines and adhere to a defined budget for all projects.
- Adapted to ever-changing computer programs and fast pace work environment.
- Responsible for final proof approval of all advertised creations requiring attention to detail with troubleshooting with Adobe Acrobat.
- Organized all editorial files to be ready for web.
- Merged all edit and images for all local and international magazines.
Associate Of Arts
Prepress Technician/Representative Resume
Summary : Seek long-term employment with a quality-conscious, team-oriented graphics department. Grinder, always pushing myself to maximize production.
Skills : Desktop Prepress, Graphic Arts.
- Specialized in the daily production operations of UBM publications in order to meet demands.
- Processed and transmitted both advertisements and editorial files to various printing plants.
- Assisted with troubleshooting, responded to manufacturing, quality control/ prepress issues.
- Provided prepress support to editorial departments. The work periods were at Par Forms Printing.
- Approved before the final stages within the editorial process.
- Scanned and retouched images to be used throughout the various publications.
- Continued of a position held at Toppan Printing Company.
Prepress Technician/Co-ordinator Resume
Summary : Looking for an opportunity to work in a professional Prepress Technician environment and develop personal and technical skills to a higher level.
Skills : Learning Skills, Technical Skills.
- Managed color quality on our iGen and Epson. A basic understanding of mailing requirements and process.
- Set up and implemented all our press workflows and templates.
- Proficient in mailed and variable data using Fusion Pro, Excel and AddressRight Pro.
- Primary associated to worked with our server maintenance company to protect our data.
- Communicated directly with sales and clients internally and externally written and oral.
- Required major reworking to make them ready for the press.
- Created many templates that were used to create press runs from the supplied data from the library.
Asst. Prepress Technician Resume
Objective : Prepress technicians set the foundation for successful printing production. They ensure that the proper format, appearance, and layout of text.
Skills : Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Illustrator.
- Created digital and paper prepress proofs of customers' artwork to ensure art printed properly in a Macintosh-based environment.
- Developed film and burned plates for pad print department or Heidelberg press operators.
- Created CMYK prepress proofs using Agfa match-print material.
- Proofread all customer purchase orders and artwork approvals before art was printed.
- Emailed digital files to overseas vendors, ensured orders, were printed properly and shipped on time.
- Worked with and met tight deadlines while completing several diverse projects daily.
- Worked directly with sales representatives and customers.
Associate Prepress Technician Resume
Summary : Graphic designer with thirteen years experience in a variety of prepress settings and over two years experience as a digital press operator.
Skills : Estimating Cost, Pre-flighting, Creative Design, Imposing Layouts.
- Applied Photoshop knowledge to scan and color correct customer artwork.
- Formatted numerous perfect-bound books using QuarkXpress.
- Set up Impostrip files from postscripts, according to media and press run styles.
- Constructed strip-in film flats for desired press run, multi-colored.
- Established customer proofs by means of deluxe, full-color EPSON and process color digital waterproofs.
- Prepared Imposition schemes in Flatworker for Trueflow computer-to-plate system.
- Released jobs and loaded thermal metal plates for the imager.
- Inspected plates and hand-carried to printing presses.
Asst. Prepress Technician Resume
Headline : To obtain full-time employment in the Graphic Design/Print Technology field utilizing education and experience while continuing to learn and grow with the company.
Skills : Customer Service, CPR, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop.
- Placed customers' pages in the correct order, and to prepare jobs to plate for the press.
- Operated process camera to create a film of artwork.
- Ran both drum scanner and flatbed scanner to create images of art, photographs, and slides.
- Designed and page layout software to organized and to correct art.
- Created and corrected jobs using drawing and illustration software.
- Photo manipulated software to change colors.
- Cleaned up trash in the image, and to change image size or shape.
Prepress Technician Resume
Objective : To further develop knowledge and understanding of current and future design trends and to succeed with a company that provides opportunity for advancement and personal skills growth.
Skills : Technical Skills, Adobe Photo Shop.
- Responsible for the output, proofed and inspected of all press-ready film.
- Provided maintenance of all related equipment.
- Ordered all material relating to the prepress department.
- Organized and shipped all items for the art department.
- Maintained film lists and ship lists in order to effectively track film and proofs.
- Communicated with vendors to ensure the film is to their expectations.
- Trained staff to efficiently operate the department.