Public Affairs Officer Resume
Objective : Plan, manage and oversee all-scale events that deliver on strategic objectives, including fundraising and promoting awareness, thriving in the chaos of event production from initial concept and content development to logistics and final execution.
Skills : Fluent in German, Officer.
- Oversaw Coast Guard public affairs program throughout 8 Great Lakes states, leading 9 Public Affairs Specialists to draft, edit, and distribute 450+ text, imagery, and video news products per year.
- Served as spokesperson for USCG on sensitive issues including sexual assault prosecutions, environmental responses, and DUI enforcement.
- Managed $72K annual budget for travel, training, and capital improvements.
- Representatives, 8 Governors & 100+ Mayors & coastal county executives, responding to inquiries & building awareness of Coast Guard initiatives.
- Selected accomplishments: Formulated & executed strategic communication plan covering media, community, governmental, international & tribal affairs programs, including outreach efforts conducted from the executive level down to 75 subordinate units.
- Trained 50+ collateral duty public affairs officers to distribute workload and multiply outreach capabilities.
- performed all Public Affairs duties for the brigade, particularly Command Information and Media Relations.
Certificate In Technician
Sr. Public Affairs Officer Resume
Summary : Hard working and experienced public affairs professional and manager with a proven track record of success over a varied and accomplished career. Excellent people skills that support strategic goals with the ability to build and nurture long term relationships with both internal and external audiences, while encouraging those around to be efficient and productive.
Skills : Written Communication, Written Correspondence, Project Management, Project Planning, Community Outreach, Press Releases, Presentation Skills, Personnel Management.
- Lead planner for the reception of distinguished visitors and media groups.
- Supervised the execution of the Battalion's communication to strategic level headquarters.
- Planned for and executed over 46 successful visits by international policy makers to one of the installations most vital to the Afghan conflict.
- Prepared communication plans for the visits to ensure consistency of message to these opinion makers in a counterinsurgency environment where public opinion is equally as important as results in the field.
- Supervised the training of over 100 senior personnel in essential contracting functions to support dispersed operations in Afghanistan.
- Personally received, maintained and supervised the transportation of 300,000 dollars' worth of chemical protective stores required to enter the theater of operations as the first unit of the President's surge.
- Coordinated and supervised Dari/Pashtu language training for approximately 150 key Battalion leaders prior to deployment.
Bachelor Of Science
Jr. Public Affairs Officer Resume
Objective : A savvy public relations professional with award-winning communication and planning skills and experience working around the globe. Recognized skills in program and project management, thoughtful planner and problem solver with acute attention to detail and exceptional foresight, critical thinking and organization skills.
Skills : Public Relations, Public Speaking, Media Relations, Speech Writing, Spokesperson, Editing, Written Communication, Written Correspondence, Project Management, Project Planning, Community Outreach, Press Releases, Presentation Skills, Personnel Management.
- Designed and implemented a comprehensive strategic communication plan that communicated key themes and messages via mission leadership, senior partner nation and military leaders to local audiences during five mission stops utilizing local press and community engagement events.
- Resulted in the publication of more than 200 fair and accurate stories, photos and videos about Pacific Partnership in local, regional and international news outlets.
- Hosted a successful virtual press conference for nearly 40 international media outlets in the region further communicating mission operational and strategic objectives to the targeted audiences.
- Managed a team of multinational service members which produced extensive external and internal media coverage of mission operations and events.
- Oversaw the focused utilization of social media to reach desired publics.
- Marketed the plans to a multitude of schools, businesses and the general public.
- Turned a two-person unsupervised department into a high profile, award-winning Public Affairs office.
Public Affairs Officer III Resume
Summary : Proven work ethic while being indirectly supervised by a central office. Creating insurance adjustment reports for residential and commercial losses all across the nation. Administrative duties that include monitoring credit card usage, evidence, monies, schedules, time sheets and daily/monthly paperwork.
Skills : Public Affairs Officer, Logistics Officer, Field Artillery Officer, Sales and Marketing, Administrative Specialist, Creative Writing.
- Represented KSP in all community activities including public meetings, committees and local task forces.
- Liaison for local and national media during all investigations and incidents.
- Prepared written press releases and provided interviews for television, radio and print media agencies for all critical incidents within the Post 9 area including but not limited to drug investigation, officer involved shootings, vehicle collisions, plane crashes, criminal investigations and missing persons.
- Developed curriculum and implemented programs ranging from drug identification, methamphetamine awareness, to vehicle safety.
- Presented and facilitated classes throughout the state for audiences of all ages from head start through senior citizens groups.
- Coordinated, developed and participated in fundraising programs for Trooper Island Camp and other local charities.
- Participated as a board member or committee member for several organizations throughout the area such as Drug Endangered Children, KY ASAP, Champions against drugs and the Floyd County School systems contingency planning group.
- Conducted driver safety classes for local school transportation offices, UPS, MSHA and private companies.
Public Affairs Officer II Resume
Summary : Administers the agency's Workers' Compensation program and provides assistance with talent acquisition, full cycle recruitment, benefits, special leaves and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) issues. Answers and screens incoming calls and greets visitors to the Human Resources Department.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Digital Marketing, Digital Media, Digital Strategy, Written Communication, Written Correspondence, Editing, Data Entry.
- Responsible for the coordination, support and execution of the US Division Public Affairs planning efforts in support of Operation New Dawn.
- Attends all planning team meetings in order to support operational and planning efforts within the public affairs office.
- Supports subordinate command public affairs activities as required.
- Plans, coordinates and provides public affairs support to the transfer of US bases back to the government of Iraq in accordance with guidelines established by the US Government.
- Develops plans in support of media outreach to facilitate media relations to support host nation, western and foreign media engagements with senior leaders.
- Develop public affairs guidance in support of communications objectives.
- Lead media planner in returning over 30 military bases back to the government of Refined media communications.
Public Affairs Officer I Resume
Summary : Broad range of multinational and multicultural experience under pressure, including in wartime and disaster relief operations. Adept at managing personnel and resources while communicating with both private and other governmental agencies.
Skills : Marketing, Public Relations.
- Functioned as liaison between organizational headquarters, its subordinate elements and various media, community, governmental and interagency organizations.
- Managed and arranged travel and billeting for distinguished visitors and foreign dignitaries for multinational exercises.
- Maintained liaison with embassy personnel, host nation leadership and foreign affairs ministries.
- Served as spokesperson for the command, and represented the commander and chief of staff at various events and engagements.
- Produced written stories and photographs, as well as video packages for publication in newspapers, magazines, television programs and websites worldwide.
- Managed local website's user interface, including layout and content management with continuous updates, as well as uploads to Headquarters, U.S.
- Planned, executed and narrated several gala events for distinguished visitors and foreign dignitaries.
Master Of Arts
Public Affairs Officer/Supervisor Resume
Headline : Several presentations and interviews on Intellectual Property Rights for the Creative Sector in Trinidad and Tobago, inclusive of interviews for diaspora internet radio stations.
Skills : Public Relations, Public Affairs.
- Design and implement the communications strategies which inform the organisation's objectives, vision, mission and achievements to its various publics.
- Develop and publish an electronic internal newsletter.
- Provide advice to the Director on media related matters, inclusive of the preparation of responses to questions posed by the media to the Director.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and publication of FIUTT Annual Reports with the collaboration of all FIU Divisions.
- Contribute to the preparation and execution of a holistic Crisis Management Plan for the FIU in particular and the Ministry of Finance in general.
- Plan and execute protocol regarding internal and external events.
- Research information as requested for use in matters related and un-related to job function.
- Liaise with Ministry of Finance, Communications Department, Head Office on matters related to Public Relations at FIUTT in particular and the Ministry in general.
Bachelor Of Arts
Public Affairs Officer/Director Resume
Summary : A savvy public relations professional with award-winning communication and planning skills and experience working around the globe. Recognized skills in program and project management, thoughtful planner and problem solver with acute attention to detail and exceptional foresight, critical thinking and organization skills.
Skills : Photoshop, Change Management, Crisis Management, Project Management, Media Relations, Strategic Planning, Brand Development, Brand Management, Executive Management.
- Served as the communications manager for university public affairs office responding to media inquiries, building relationships with local, regional and national reporters.
- Project manager for university-wide rebranding effort including brand platform development, website redesign and visual refresh of university logo.
- Worked directly with city and county government on town-gown communications and issues.
- Wrote background material, key messages, fact sheets, news releases, etc.
- Served as lead media trainer for executives, faculty, staff and students.
- Provided oversight to the university's photography, film and television policies.
- Conducted and oversaw media relations efforts resulting in accurate coverage of U.S.
B.A. In History
Public Affairs Officer/Specialist Resume
Summary : Consistent, hard working, highly motivated person. Enjoy working with the public. Friendly, outgoing and dependable person.
Skills : Customer Service, Management, Microsoft Office, Clerical, Customer Relations, Public Speaking, Powerpoint, Volunteer Management, Customer Service Skills, Computer Programs.
- Prepare, edit, and distribute public affairs program material.
- Determine best medium and message content to reach target audiences.
- Advise commanders at all levels and their staffs on the internal, media relations, and community relations implications of plans, policies, and programs.
- Provide means for two-way communication flow within the total communication environment.
- Establish, promote, and maintain the unit public affairs program to provide the widest coverage of unit-level policies, programs, and missions.
- Works closely with and mentors a diverse group of cadets and senior members.
- Preforms and precipitates in search and rescue training and missions, working closely with County, States and Federal agencies.
Public Affairs Officer Resume
Summary : Digital and social media specialist with a background supporting public sector senior leaders. Experience assisting with and managing local and national media during fast-moving crisis situations.
Skills : Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Redesigned, planned, edited and produced national intelligence agency magazine.
- Leveraged online content and social media platforms to drive website traffic resulting in increased agency visibility.
- Conceived, developed and hosted first U.S.
- Increased social media presence by 153% on Facebook and by 460% on Twitter within first year.
- Developed and provided key messaging, talking points, and media training, for senior government officials.
- Developed and implemented agency's social media strategy, best practice guidelines and outreach plans as part of the broader agency's strategic communication plan.
- Produced and edited content for internal and external communications.
M.A. In Communications