Senior Firmware Engineer Resume
Summary : Over 6+ years of experience in embedded firmware and software development 1+ years of experience of working in offshore-onsite model Hands on experience in board bring-up. Experience in Linux kernel and u-boot porting. Experience in Linux device driver development, customization and bug fixing. Embedded Software development experience using C for Linux and Windows platform.
Skills : Program Management, Software Development, Software Development, Management.
- Designed, developed and tested of firmware Design, develop and testing of higher level software stake, which is used to operate the SerDes Debugging of functional and behavioral gate level hardware model for firmware bug fixing Pre-silicon verification of firmware Writing test cases in Verilog to debug firmware Communicate with offshore team to discuss requirements, customer expectations and to manage quality deliveries to customer Hardware Platform Proprietary 16 bit controller Technology Assembly and C language, Verilog, Ruby 2.
- Created BIOS code for several new chipsets and created new board level integrated diagnostics for GSW BIOSs.
- Developed X86 Assembly and C based software for BIOS used in embedded products Analyzed and debugged new chipsets and boards to port the General .
- Worked with lucent on defining interfaces between the lanblazer and atm uplink.
- Created new adapter for ppp stack to reassemble radio link protocol packets.
- Redesigned interface to l2tp stack to resolve task deadlock and state machines running on different task threads.
- Integrated and modified trillium lan emulation client into uplink environment.
Bachelors Of Engineering
Senior Firmware Engineer III Resume
Summary : Senior Systems Engineer having 10+ years of experience in Product Engineering, IT Consulting, System Design and Development, Embedded and Firmware Development. Strong programming skills in C/C++ with Windows System Programming, Devices Drivers, Multithreading, Legacy BIOS and UEFI Firmware Development, PCI Architecture, Embedded Systems Development.
Skills : UEFI, C++, Windows System Programming, Windows System Programming, Embedded Systems Development, BIOS.
- Worked as a UEFI BIOS developer part of HP Core BIOS Team for designing, developing, debugging UEFI BIOS Firmware for Intel and AMD platforms in C Programming language and UEFI EDK-II platform.
- Debugged CSM issues involving INT13, INT15 calls.
- Debugged x86 Assembly code, writing EFI Shell applications.
- Ported EDK-I PEI DXE SMM modules to EDK-II platforms.
- Handled SW SMI events in BIOS.
- Debugged issues around USB, PCI, PCI Express architectures.
- Identified and corrected hdlc decoding problems and fcs deletion problems in third party.
Bachelor Of Engineering
Senior Firmware Engineer II Resume
Summary : Embedded Firmware Engineer with over 25 years of experience in developing and testing C/C++/C#, and Assembly language applications for real-time embedded systems. Proficient in object oriented design. Interface designs include SCSI, FC, USB, PCI. Developed numerous test tools under Windows and Linux.
Skills : Embedded Linux SW Engineer.
- Designed, implemented and evaluated real-time embedded system firmware for SSD controllers that optimized performance, endurance, and reliability for high performance SSD products.
- Finalized bring-up schedule in senior executive level meetings for new silicon.
- Served as a member of firmware architecture design group that developed the next generation SSD.
- Additional Highlights: System Architecture Development: Designed and implemented a new GC collecting and wear leveling scheme resulting in an impressive 10% extension in service life of SSDs.
- Served as the single point of contact for engineers needing Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) implementation.
- Performed systematic review of all bring-up related documentation by assessing risk of test plan.
- Coordinated with SoC engineers in the creation of test plans for validation and testing new silicon designs.
Masters Of Science
Senior Firmware Engineer I Resume
Summary : Design and implement software for embedded real-time systems, Designed several approaches to implementing the X.25 protocol. Collaborative Efforts: Organized diverse Garbage Collection (GC), NAND Organization, and wear level methodologies into one single document easily consumed and accessed by fellow engineers.
Skills : C, ARM Assembly, MicroC/OS-II, SmartBear Code Collaborator, Subversion, SATA Bus Analyzer, American Arium HS-1000, Asset Arium LX-1000 With SourcePoint, JTAG Debugging, SATA 3.1, ACS-3.
- Wrote effective complex Application Programming Interface (API) for in-house SoC modules, speed up firmware development by over 25% percent.
- Wrote low level drivers for SPI, I2C, UART, Timers, PWM, and RTC using 68HC11.
- Maintained and improved existing propagation resistivity firmware and surface software.
- Developed firmware for the propagation resistivity tool to interface with MWD.
- Provided server virtualization and a Parallel Sysplex environment so that mainframes can communicate as a single entity.
- Selected candidates will work in a team-based, collaborative environment with peers both locally and across the global organization.
- Designed, developed, coded, and debuged BIOS and BMC Firmware leveraging your knowledge of server hardware architecture and system design.
Assistant Senior Firmware Engineer Resume
Headline : A proven track record of bring order to chaos and saving failed projects or programs. With extensive experience in software development, program and product management combined with customer facing skills and big picture thinking I have proven repeatedly to be able to quickly get projects back on track and to make the correct hard choices to deliver quality results.
Skills : Microsoft Visual Studio, ARM RealView, DStream Via JTAG Debugger, ARM RealView, Multi-ICE Via JTAG Debugger, ARM Toolchain, GCC Toolchain For ARM, RealView Embedded Trace, C Language, Assembly Language For Various Processors.
- Wrote driver for interfacing with GPS ASIC.
- Ported firmware from Motorola MCore processor to Motorola PowerPC-based system for automotive customer.
- Ported design from home-grown OS to RTXC.
- Progressed from Software Engineer I to Senior Firmware Engineer.
- Found cause of problem that had entire automotive project integration effort on hold.
- Discovered register was never initialized, resulting in CPU clock being too slow for platform.
- Received award for this key find.
Master Of Science
Associate Senior Firmware Engineer Resume
Summary : Senior Software Engineer with over 15 years of experience in all aspects of firmware/BIOS development. Recognized for directing the implementation of customized feature requirements for Hitachi, generating an initial $400K per quarter in additional revenue. Best known for designing with the customer in mind, leveraging a unique blend of technical excellence with high level customer support experience.
Skills : Storage Systems, Software Development, Cache Design & Development, Linux Kernel, Device Drivers, BIOS/EFI, Control Systems, ASIC Verification.
- Designed, coded, and tested RTOS based firmware for storage adapter used in cloud computing system to execute boot POST process, I/O execution and RAID processes.
- Used C programming, MASM assembly programming.
- Work in Agile methodology.
- Directed and executed communication and implementation of Hitachi feature requirements; such as array meta-dead functions, backplane SGPIO LED patterns, and disk error logging.
- Worked with Storage Application team, developed an array function to delete all 240 volumes to shorten the time from 1 hour to 7 minutes.
- Improved customer system installation and manufacturing time.
- Included IOP reset caused by IO slow responses.
Master Of Science
Assistant Senior Firmware Engineer I Resume
Summary : An energetic and resourceful senior software engineer seeking challenging works to make significant contribution to the development of high quality software products. Strong willingness to take real ownership and responsibility for product decisions, designs, and implementation, and to work in sync with team members.
Skills : C Programming, Matlab, C++.
- Responsible for developing/implementing firmware/software for advanced surgical display systems, video routing/steaming devices, and video informatics appliances at medical grade.
- Developed advanced surgical display systems application Participated in the jointed work for system software development on ARM 9 embedded Linux OS.
- Involved initial development environment configuration, board bring up, boot loader development, Linux kernel configuration, advanced video input (DVI/SDI/Wireless/analog input processing) detection and handling mechanism.
- Ported/cleaned up/simplify reusable source from previous designs to new chipset using embedded Linux.
- Designed and successfully extended system features, and provide software solutions to support seamless analog/digital inputs signal processing and improved detection speed by 25% from previous designs.
- Enabled system configuration through configuration files to improve workflow and code maintenance.
- Supported validation process through firmware component/unit testing.
MS In Computer Science
Associate Senior Firmware Engineer I Resume
Objective : Developed software for a fingerprint sensor based security USB device using HID (Human Interface Device) spec. Optimized the wearleveling method to extend the life of flash devices. Profiled, identified, resolved system performance issues. Participated in the jointed work for surgical informatics platform Redesigned new UI for supporting analog signal processing on Microchip PIC/touch screen panel.
Skills : Embedded Firmware, C++, C, VHDL, Linux, VxWorks.
- Created a shell/monitor interface for assistance in debugging and testing abilities and features for a new SSD.
- Converted TCL into C++ for a standalone tester using Qt.
- Designed test classes from the ground up.
- Designed and wrote firmware in C++ to support development of a SMR hard disk drive.
- Designed and wrote TCL tests to validate firmware.
- Implemented SATA Write Same command from receiving host command down to write/read layer.
- Wrote TCG Opal security code firmware, designed and wrote TCL tests for automated testing of Opal security.
Senior Firmware Engineer/Director Resume
Objective : Career has been mainly focused on programming microprocessors to control devices for commercial product applications. As a consultant for many years, an advantage over developers who work on the same code base year after year. saw lots of different projects with lots of different approaches.
Skills : C++ (10+ years), Embedded Software Development (10+ years).
- Developed a prototype system to detect the presence of the RNA and DNA of a pathogenic virus panel of 8 viruses.
- Researched customer reported defects to determine root cause of defect.
- Embedded firmware development utilizing ARM micro-controllers in Linux and freeRTOS environments.
- Worked within board support group addressing hardware bring up, and hardware abstraction.
- Implemented the NMR principle for use in Oil & Gas exploration Hands on experience in various motor control techniques such as Trapezoidal Control & .
Firmware development for board level testing and bring up for prototype end-point radio systems using embedded C in a CodeWarior environment .
- Targeted test development for new feature development for alternate radio interfaces (cell modem, satellite modem, 900MHz M2M radios).
BS In Electrical Engineering
Senior Firmware Engineer Resume
Summary : More than 20 years experience in Embedded Software/Firmware development, from diagnostic, boot to multi-task, multi-thread RTOS. Expertise in File System, Process Management, Device Drivers, Booting Sequence(UBOOT). Microprocessors or microcontrollers from 8-bit to 64-bit using Assembly Language to High Level Language like C.
Skills : Close To Hardware Programming.
- Developed driver enabling custom GPS IC to interface with new platform as part of automotive telematics project.
Investigated and implemented method to improve Motorola M12 GPS receiver sensitivity by increasing coherent integration across multiple (known) data bits.
- Restructured tasks in atm switch to eliminate reentrancy problems in the atm signaling stack.
- Proposed, designed and implemented a state-machine scripting language for CAS signaling which gave customers the freedom to modify CAS state-machines .
- Reviewed and provided strong feedback on firmware and software architecture specifications and design specifications.
- Lead other team members in design and development of Firmware and automated testing frameworks
- Worked closely with hardware design, test teams on development and debugging activities including feedback and work with ODM partners
- Worked with the hardware team on platform power-on events and verification.
Accounting / Data Processing