Office Administration Clerks can be seen working almost in every industry. Every In-office setup requires an administration clerk to handle their routine office management tasks.
Besides, workers of this class are also employed in schools, government offices, and healthcare facilities.
Office Administration Clerks received a wage of about $17.81 per hour in May 2021. Despite a decline in this occupation by 2% from 2020 to 2030, the BLS predicts that there will be about 324,600 openings for this role each year, on average, over the decade.
What to Include in a Office Administration Clerk Cover Letter?
Roles And Responsibilities
- Communicating with managers to coordinate schedules.
- Preparing essential documentation, including memos, reports, and other forms of communication.
- Handling human resource duties, including managing personnel database and payroll.
- Acting as the organizational receptionist and receiving calls and guests.
- Answering and responding to emails and phone calls, and forwarding communications to appropriate parties.
- Regularly checking and maintaining the record of office supplies.
- Communicating with staff to help procure needed items.
Education & Skills
Office Administration Clerk Skills:
- Familiarity with productivity tools, such as MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of email systems, including MS Outlook and Gmail.
- Working knowledge and the ability to learn to use office equipment, including printers, fax machines, and phone systems.
- Self-motivated and highly organized.
- Strong and proven work ethic.
- The ability to work independently and seek help as needed.
Office Administration Clerk Education Requirements:
- As most of the job skills are learned at the job place, possessing a general education diploma or high school diploma will suffice.
- Previous work experience.
- MS Office knowledge.
Office Administration Clerk Cover Letter Example (Text Version)
Dear (Hiring Manager’s Name),
With this letter and the enclosed resume, I would like to express my interest in the position of Office Administration Clerk and say that my experience and skills would be a perfect match for this job. I have the ability to manage workloads and can oversee daily work activities to ensure job performances meet or exceed expectations.
My background includes covering a full range of administrative tasks while improving organizational efficiency and maximizing productivity. I also excel at multitasking, collaborating with staff and customers, and ensuring top-notch customer satisfaction. While working at (Previous company name) I handled all tasks from handling reception duties to maintaining records, and organizing schedules.
A quick insight into my qualifications –
- Performing various office administrative support functions – including word processing, front-desk reception, supply maintenance, call routing, ordering supplies, handling travel plans, and spreadsheet development – while concentrating on applicable policies and procedures.
- Stellar commitment to providing outstanding support within a fast-paced, and challenging environment, while streamlining operations and achieving company success.
- Excelling at interpersonal, multiple tasks, and communication skills while delivering top-level organization skills.
In my Office Administration Clerk role, I honed my skills in file management and database management, providing a solid foundation that this role requires. My people-centric nature, compassion, and critical thinking skills are finely honed to contribute to effective delegation capacities. With these skills, and much more I am confident that I would be a strong candidate for this role. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Even if you know how important the job application document is in the hunting process, you would still face a struggle while drafting your cover letter. However, using our cover letter writing tips, you can easily land a job interview in no time! Skim through our tips –
- Make your sentences impactful, it is highly important to grab the attention of the employer. Otherwise, the odds are quite high that the hiring managers would not take another look at your document.
- Often a character is more powerful than the knowledge you have. Be confident in your skills and personal characteristics. Try to convey this idea through your writing.
- Don’t share all the details of every job you’ve had, as the hiring employers are not ready to read a novel. So focus only on a few crucial points.
You have finished your acquittance with our valuable tips and tricks, now it is time to create your Resume. Need help? Have a look at our strong Office Administration Clerk Resume Samples.