Able Seaman Resume
Headline : Able Seaman performs routine deck operations aboard the vessel, including maintaining the cleanliness of the vessel.
Skills : Logical thinking, Repairing.
- Worked on a merchant ship.
- Maintained a steady course, properly execute all rudder orders and communicate utilizing navigational terms relating to heading and steering.
- Stood security-related watches, such as a gangway watch or anchor watch while the ship is not underway.
- Performed general maintenance, repair, sanitation and upkeep of material, equipment, and areas in the deck department.
- Maintained ship's metal structures by chipping, scraping, cleaning, priming, and painting.
- Performed maintenance on lifeboats, rescue boats and life rafts, and emergency and damage control gear.
- Used emergency, lifesaving, damage control, and safety equipment.
Jr. Able Seaman Resume
Objective : Able Seaman participates in all jobs and tasks in connection with safety of own vessel or the other and/or persons and/or environment as directed by the person in charge.
Skills : Carpentry, plumbing.
- Complied with the TransOcean Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards, and applicable process documentation.
- Performed all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers focus on doing things right the first time, every time and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
- Prepared cargo for the lift by attaching slings through shackles or other attaching devices.
- Checked loads for clearance, obstructions, balance and proper attachment.
- Ensured to use correct body positioning and safe lifting procedures.
- Removed waste, debris and accumulated trash from decks, stairs, compartments and other areas of the vessel and dispose of properly.
- Cleaned spills, accumulate waste and take all necessary actions to prevent tripping and slipping hazards.
Sr. Able Seaman Resume
Summary : Promote and maintain the utmost integrity and the highest standard of customer service to all guests and crew members.
Skills : Security, Marine Industrial.
- Assisted, under the direction of the Mate or Captain on duty, with the safe mooring, docking of the vessel in a variety of weather conditions.
- Assisted with routine maintenance, painting and clean up as instructed by the Chief Mate.
- Stayed aware of guest service and safety issues and provide regular and dependable feedback to the Vessel Master.
- Ensured behavior and performance support the company’s Mission.
- Followed company values in responding to others in work situations.
- Meet “standards for service” behaviors.
- Used recovery steps to respond to others who are dissatisfied.
- Preformed duties on the ship's deck and the ships bridge and completed assessments in Navigational watch and deck maintenance.
Able Seaman I Resume
Objective : Seasoned management professional who excels in establishing excellent working relationships with customers, employees, vendors and contractors.
Skills : Customer Relations, Customer Service.
- Measured depth of water in shallow or unfamiliar waters, using leadline, and telephones or shouts information to bridge.
- Break out, rigs, overhauls, and stows cargo-handling gear, stationary rigging, and running gear.
- Stood to watch from bow of ship or wing of bridge to look for an obstruction in the path of the ship.
- Steered ships and maintains visual communication with other ships.
- Steered ship under direction of ship's commander or navigating officer, or directs helmsman to steer, following the designated course.
- Overhauled lifeboats and lifeboat gear, and lowers or raises lifeboats with winch or falls.
- Given directions to crew engaged in cleaning wheelhouse and quarter deck.
Able Seaman II Resume
Headline : More than twenty years serving on board commercial, private and research motor vessels with deck, crew and ship maintenance experience (up to 165'), watch standing, navigation and chart reading.
Skills : Flexible schedules, Management.
- Provided support for planned and emergency response projects and drills.
- Operated response equipment for deploying, retrieving and working with oil containment boom and various other pieces of equipment.
- Ensured all safety and job-related equipment is in good working order at all times.
- Safely operate response vessels during deployment, towing, and anchoring of oil spill containment boom and other equipment.
- Maintained all vessel equipment in good working order and ensure that the vessel is clean, well-stocked with supplies and spare parts at all times.
- Completed all job-specific, employee-related paperwork including Vessel Logs, Safety Meeting Forms.
- Assisted in other types of spill clean-up activities as needed or available.
Able Seaman III Resume
Summary : To obtain a Able Seaman job in the maritime industry. One with the ability for employee advancement, and more competitive pay and benefits. As well as to further skills and credentials as a mariner and gain yet more experience in seamanship, boat handling and management.
Skills : Marine, Ship Management.
- Crewed tug Julie Anne living onboard in a two-week rotation.
- Worked under the direction of the Mate.
- Furthered knowledge and skills are specific to the towing industry.
- Gained experience in harbor, and other ports along the eastern seaboard. Worked on various jobs including ship assist, tandem tows, aggregate barge loading, and ship bunkering.
- Began training in the wheelhouse, has piloted every section of the River.
- Furthered knowledge of line handling and marlinespike seamanship, as well as proper vessel upkeep and maintenance.
- Assisted engineer with many repairs, and engine maintenance.
Asst. Able Seaman Resume
Objective : Able Seaman includes Coast Guard Boat Crew, Commercial Fishing Vessel Exams Operate small research vessels dragging trawls, sens, and long lines for sampling of the Bay restoration of the salt flats.
Skills : Technician, Operator.
- Handled mooring lines and secure vessels to docks.
- Assisted in the placement of suction hoses or siphons to pump water, drilling mud and other materials to or from vessel tanks.
- Cleaned and washed vessels and lifeboats.
- Stood to lookout while vessel underway.
- Painted vessel, including related sanding, chipping and scraping; Assist with maintenance and repair machinery and equipment.
- Helped complete barge transfers including loads and discharges from start to finish.
- Learned and demonstrated knowledge of heater operation, including start-up can shut down situations; hose handling, including hook-up, disconnection and proper slinging; re-packing pumps, per barge maintenance report, and barge maintenance.
Associate Able Seaman Resume
Headline : Able Seaman position is responsible for the operation and upkeep of all vessels and related equipment in accordance with the Captain's and/or Pilot's, Boatswain's instructions.
Skills : Operator, Ship Management.
- Steered the vessel on the course given.
- Looked out for and report any suspicious activities and/or people in distress.
- Sign in visitors and new crew members on board the vessel.
- Worked in a safe manner while docking and undocking.
- Assisted with the basic deck maintenance on the vessel.
- Made security rounds around the vessel and report any dangerous or suspicious activities.
- Learned emergency duties for fire, abandon ship, and security/pirate drills.
Lead Able Seaman Resume
Summary : Able Seaman report to the Master, Chief Mate, or Deck Watch Officer, stands bridge watch at sea as a lookout, or with approval of Master, as quartermaster.
Skills : Operator, Lifting.
- Moored and unmoored of vessels.
- Made up to and breaking down from barges.
- Conduct, and assist with preventative, corrective, predictive maintenance and general repairs.
- Assist with the loading, lashing, unlashing and discharge of cargo.
- Clean the tug and barges and assist with the handling of fuel and freight.
- Observed and comply with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Followed the safety, company policy manual and other material provided by the company.
Able Seaman Resume
Summary : Able Seaman maintains interior and exterior spaces and deck equipment and operates machinery during loading of stores and scientific operations.
Skills : Management, Opeartor.
- Performed forklift operations to transport ammunition, cargo and hazardous materials in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performed general maintenance, repair, and upkeep of the ship's superstructure.
- Completed CECOS Environmental Sampling; Respiratory Protection Personal Protective Equipment; and Hazardous Materials Shipping, 40 Hazwoper, 8 Hr Refresher, and CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Worked in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Performed other special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Maintained a safe vessel, monitor safety issues and report hazards to the senior officer immediately.
- Supported the master in the event of a real or simulated emergency.