Senior Assistant Editor Resume
Objective : Creative all-rounder, with passions spanning writing, design, social media and fashion. Handle a diverse portfolio including content production, PR, event coordination and community management.
Skills : Editing, Proofreading, Social Media, Marketing, Writing, Nonprofit Management, Web Management, Web Design, Fundraising, Arts And Culture Management.
- Implemented a range of initiatives to grow the magazine's online presence by conceptualizing and producing editorial pieces, podcast content, and social media campaigns.
- Collaborated with senior editors to co-sponsor events with civic and cultural institutions across North America and Europe aimed at growing readership base and acquiring new magazine contributors.
- Participated in strategic planning, advertising, and implementation of First Things sponsored events, including in-house events - book launches, art exhibits, concerts, conferences - and wider national and international events.
- Revamped weekly web content newsletters that boosted magazine circulation by 7 % from previous year.
- Edited and reviewed content submitted by 30 regular columnists for the magazine's web and print editions.
- Interviewed scholars, public officials, politicians, and cultural critics for both web and podcast content.
- Trained and oversaw the work of six college interns and one Editorial Fellow over a 12-month period.
Master Of Studies
Assistant Editor/Writer Resume
Objective : Creating new ideas, utilizing all available platforms and thinking unconventionally, I broaden the base with which my client can work with and provide exceptional content for any and all purposes.
Skills : Computer Skills, Document Management, Public Speaking, Writing, Editing, Reporting, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media, Copywriter, Copy Editing, Web Content.
- Edited and produced content for a Kindergarten math program, including both teacher and student materials.
- Materials included transparencies, direction cards for students, and reproducible teacher resources.
- Edited a six-level condensed version of The Metro Reading Program with some new material; credited as editor in teacher materials.
- The entire program, including both teacher and student materials, was submitted to the printer in approximately two months.
- Edited a math program for grades 3 to 5, including both teacher and student materials.
- Edited and produced content for the science expansion of a social studies reading program for grades 3 to 6, including writing testing materials for the program (reading passages, multiple-choice questions, and written-response questions).
- Served as assistant editor of "big book" versions of Spanish-language math readers.
BA In English
Assistant Editor/Reporter Resume
Objective : Applying for the position of Human Resources Clerk with a strong desire for future advancement in the company. I intend to work for an employer that can effectively use my talents for leadership, customer service, and excellent communication skills, where I can advance to my full potential within that company. My interests in cultural diversity has led me to work in both the non-profit sector and private industry.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint, Human Resources, Public Relations, Promotions And Event Planning, Case Work, Research, Lab, Office, Entertainment.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Plan the contents of publications according to the publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style, organization, or publication.
- Read material to determine index items and arrange them alphabetically or topically, indicating page or chapter location.
- Read all incoming submissions from both the Poetry and Short Story categories, assign relevant tags to further classify manuscripts in our database.
- Basic data entry skills and computer knowledge in order to correctly classify and archive past and present submissions from multiple sources.
Assistant Editor/Content Writer Resume
Objective : Demonstrated abilities in writing, editing, tutoring, and social skills. Characterized as friendly, personable, open-minded, and willing to work with others. Solid background experience in customer service. Two years of on-campus publication.
Skills : Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Assisted in the writing and development of church school curriculum materials for children and teachers.
- Wrote children's stories and craft kit instructions in English and in Spanish.
- Oversaw production processes for teacher and student books, classpaks, and audiocassettes.
- Developed art concepts and activities for children.
- Edited for accuracy in grammar, style, spelling, quoted material, biblical references, and coordination between components.
- Assisted in the writing and development of church school curriculum (English and Spanish) materials for adults, youth, children, and for teacher guides.
- Translated manuscripts, created word puzzles; wrote children's stories in Spanish.
Assistant Editor/Journalist Resume
Objective : Motivated writer, director, and entertainer experienced in both leadership positions and teamwork-oriented environments. Devoted to producing the best results while ensuring the happiness of everyone involved with the project.
Skills : Editing, Writing, Copy Editing, Project Management, SEO, Microsoft Office, SEO, Researching, Interviewing, Market Research, Newsletters, Wordpress, News Writing, Press Releases, Microsoft Lync, Marketing Communications.
- Supported both the managing editor and editor-chief, including other office staff, in the writing of staff and in-house articles on international politics, homeland security, and international political agendas.
- Edited and proofread contributors' articles, as well as the entire newsletter to ensure the editorial and grammatical accuracy of article content.
- Reviewed and edited freelance and staff articles.
- Gathered, disseminated, and prepared original articles through source attribution.
- Assisted with page layout, writing articles on international politics, and editing contributors' articles for factual accuracy.
- Proofread the entire newsletter prior to publication.
- Reviewed and edited freelance and staff articles.
- Maintained the style of the publication using predefined style guidelines.
Assistant Editor/Sports Editor Resume
Summary : To obtain a position in order to apply and maximize the following: multilayer of leadership and management skills, program coordination for children and youth, excellent customer service, pastoral care, counseling and proficient office work.
Skills : Instructional Design Training Development Digital Production.
- Developed curriculum and lessons, wrote science content, and conducted product research for a range of custom digital and multimedia education products.
- Collaborated with Design, Marketing, and Production teams to put together the final product.
- Routinely demonstrate proficiency in publishing technologies, tools, content management systems (CMS).
- Key Achievement: Initiated the practice of adding photo credits to digital images so that they could be reused without additional costs.
- This move reduced costs related to photo accreditation and copyright violations, a common issue in the publishing industry.
- In a project management capacity, managed schedules and timetables in order to stay on schedule.
- Built positive working relationships with vendors.
Junior Assistant Editor Resume
Objective : Published Journalist versed in reporting on location and covering events at a local and national level. Motivated Journalist accomplished in research, interviewing and reporting with exceptional writing and copy editing skills, as well as in-depth knowledge of news gathering and publishing tools and technologies.
Skills : Video Production, Video Editing, Adobe Creative Suite, Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, Google Docs.
- Inputted footage, outputted digital cuts and Edit Decision Lists.
- Provided technical support to editors, including file management and trouble shooting.
- Responsible for on-line and off-line editing of demo reels, commercial tags, presentation videos, industrials and additional client projects.
- Provided other editors and clients with technical and logistical support to insure the smoother and successful completion of the client's project.
- This included edit list entry, character generation operation, machine configuration and tape operation.
- Executed video duplication and ensured optimum quality of the reproduction.
- Maintain supplies of video tape and other editing material while securing a high standard of quality at the best price.
Bachelor Of Fine Arts
Assistant Editor/Photographer Resume
Objective : A science journalist with four years of experience in editing, writing and fact checking to produce accurate and in-depth news stories for a bi-weekly magazine.
Skills : Editing, Written Communication, Fact Checking, Copy Editing, Proofreading.
- Edited two departments pages for each magazine issue.
- Assigned stories to writers, wrote captions and worked with the art department to create page layouts in Adobe InDesign.
- Copyedited stories to ensure correct grammar, clear phrasing and compliance with AP style.
- Fact checked 15 news stories, two features and five department stories during each two-week news cycle.
- Supervised science writing interns and freelance fact checkers.
- Researched and wrote short news stories, book reviews and profiles for print and the web.
- Managed online content, including uploading stories and multimedia using Drupal.
- Collaborated on social media strategies to promote magazine content.
Master Of Arts
Assistant Editor III Resume
Summary : To gain employment at a company that focuses on enhancing both interpersonal and small group communication skill.
Skills : Familiarity with SEO and social media platforms.
- Led a team of individuals to produce the weekly student newspaper.
- Enabled and encouraged others to expand their abilities.
- Established and utilized operational social networking profiles, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Researched, gathered and verified information and materials needed for news and feature stories.
- Compiled and organized information gathered into stories.
- Interviewed, hired and trained job candidates.
- Incorporated weekly YouTube broadcasts that coincided with weekly print editions.
Assistant Editor Resume
Objective : Assistant Editor is responsible for managing the day-to-day editorial tasks and projects to ensure that the publication is well-represented online. This includes drafting, editing, and pitching articles, as well as helping to manage relationships with freelancers and contributors.
Skills : Self-motivated Team Player Practical Stress Tolerance.
- Create, edit, and submit articles within set deadlines.
- Research up-to-date fashion articles and post via platforms.
- Pitch and write trending new fashion footwear and lifestyle articles.
- Update Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and other social media sites.
- Increase traffic to the main site and media platform.
- Work closely with editor-and-chief to assist in updating and improving both the editorial calendar and social media presence of the site.
- Present new creative ideas for the magazine.
Marketing & Merchandising