Senior Assistant Editor Resume
Objective : Creative all-rounder, with passions spanning writing, design, social media and fashion. Handle a diverse portfolio including content production, PR, event coordination and community management.
Skills : Editing, Proofreading, Social Media, Marketing, Writing, Nonprofit Management, Web Management, Web Design, Fundraising, Arts And Culture Management.
- Implemented a range of initiatives to grow the magazine's online presence by conceptualizing and producing editorial pieces, podcast content, and social media campaigns.
- Collaborated with senior editors to co-sponsor events with civic and cultural institutions across North America and Europe aimed at growing readership base and acquiring new magazine contributors.
- Participated in strategic planning, advertising, and implementation of First Things sponsored events, including in-house events - book launches, art exhibits, concerts, conferences - and wider national and international events.
- Revamped weekly web content newsletters that boosted magazine circulation by 7 % from previous year.
- Edited and reviewed content submitted by 30 regular columnists for the magazine's web and print editions.
- Interviewed scholars, public officials, politicians, and cultural critics for both web and podcast content.
- Trained and oversaw the work of six college interns and one Editorial Fellow over a 12-month period.
Master Of Studies
Assistant Editor/Writer Resume
Objective : Creating new ideas, utilizing all available platforms and thinking unconventionally, I broaden the base with which my client can work with and provide exceptional content for any and all purposes.
Skills : Computer Skills, Document Management, Public Speaking, Writing, Editing, Reporting, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media, Copywriter, Copy Editing, Web Content.
- Edited and produced content for a Kindergarten math program, including both teacher and student materials.
- Materials included transparencies, direction cards for students, and reproducible teacher resources.
- Edited a six-level condensed version of The Metro Reading Program with some new material; credited as editor in teacher materials.
- The entire program, including both teacher and student materials, was submitted to the printer in approximately two months.
- Edited a math program for grades 3 to 5, including both teacher and student materials.
- Edited and produced content for the science expansion of a social studies reading program for grades 3 to 6, including writing testing materials for the program (reading passages, multiple-choice questions, and written-response questions).
- Served as assistant editor of "big book" versions of Spanish-language math readers.
BA In English
Assistant Editor/Reporter Resume
Objective : Applying for the position of Human Resources Clerk with a strong desire for future advancement in the company. I intend to work for an employer that can effectively use my talents for leadership, customer service, and excellent communication skills, where I can advance to my full potential within that company. My interests in cultural diversity has led me to work in both the non-profit sector and private industry.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint, Human Resources, Public Relations, Promotions And Event Planning, Case Work, Research, Lab, Office, Entertainment.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Plan the contents of publications according to the publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style, organization, or publication.
- Read material to determine index items and arrange them alphabetically or topically, indicating page or chapter location.
- Read all incoming submissions from both the Poetry and Short Story categories, assign relevant tags to further classify manuscripts in our database.
- Basic data entry skills and computer knowledge in order to correctly classify and archive past and present submissions from multiple sources.
Assistant Editor/Content Writer Resume
Objective : Demonstrated abilities in writing, editing, tutoring, and social skills. Characterized as friendly, personable, open-minded, and willing to work with others. Solid background experience in customer service. Two years of on-campus publication.
Skills : Bilingual.
- Assisted in the writing and development of church school curriculum materials for children and teachers.
- Wrote children's stories and craft kit instructions in English and in Spanish.
- Oversaw production processes for teacher and student books, classpaks, and audiocassettes.
- Developed art concepts and activities for children.
- Edited for accuracy in grammar, style, spelling, quoted material, biblical references, and coordination between components.
- Assisted in the writing and development of church school curriculum (English and Spanish) materials for adults, youth, children, and for teacher guides.
- Translated manuscripts, created word puzzles; wrote children's stories in Spanish.
Assistant Editor/Journalist Resume
Objective : Motivated writer, director, and entertainer experienced in both leadership positions and teamwork-oriented environments. Devoted to producing the best results while ensuring the happiness of everyone involved with the project.
Skills : Editing, Writing, Copy Editing, Project Management, SEO, Microsoft Office, SEO, Researching, Interviewing, Market Research, Newsletters, Wordpress, News Writing, Press Releases, Microsoft Lync, Marketing Communications.
- Supported both the managing editor and editor-chief, including other office staff, in the writing of staff and in-house articles on international politics, homeland security, and international political agendas.
- Edited and proofread contributors' articles, as well as the entire newsletter to ensure the editorial and grammatical accuracy of article content.
- Reviewed and edited freelance and staff articles.
- Gathered, disseminated, and prepared original articles through source attribution.
- Assisted with page layout, writing articles on international politics, and editing contributors' articles for factual accuracy.
- Proofread the entire newsletter prior to publication.
- Reviewed and edited freelance and staff articles.
- Maintained the style of the publication using predefined style guidelines.
Assistant Editor/Sports Editor Resume
Summary : To obtain a position in order to apply and maximize the following: multilayer of leadership and management skills, program coordination for children and youth, excellent customer service, pastoral care, counseling and proficient office work.
Skills : Instructional Design Training Development Digital Production.
- Developed curriculum and lessons, wrote science content, and conducted product research for a range of custom digital and multimedia education products.
- Collaborated with Design, Marketing, and Production teams to put together the final product.
- Routinely demonstrate proficiency in publishing technologies, tools, content management systems (CMS).
- Key Achievement: Initiated the practice of adding photo credits to digital images so that they could be reused without additional costs.
- This move reduced costs related to photo accreditation and copyright violations, a common issue in the publishing industry.
- In a project management capacity, managed schedules and timetables in order to stay on schedule.
- Built positive working relationships with vendors.
Junior Assistant Editor Resume
Objective : Published Journalist versed in reporting on location and covering events at a local and national level. Motivated Journalist accomplished in research, interviewing and reporting with exceptional writing and copy editing skills, as well as in-depth knowledge of news gathering and publishing tools and technologies.
Skills : Video Production, Video Editing, Adobe Creative Suite, Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, Google Docs.
- Inputted footage, outputted digital cuts and Edit Decision Lists.
- Provided technical support to editors, including file management and trouble shooting.
- Responsible for on-line and off-line editing of demo reels, commercial tags, presentation videos, industrials and additional client projects.
- Provided other editors and clients with technical and logistical support to insure the smoother and successful completion of the client's project.
- This included edit list entry, character generation operation, machine configuration and tape operation.
- Executed video duplication and ensured optimum quality of the reproduction.
- Maintain supplies of video tape and other editing material while securing a high standard of quality at the best price.
Bachelor Of Fine Arts
Assistant Editor/Photographer Resume
Objective : A science journalist with four years of experience in editing, writing and fact checking to produce accurate and in-depth news stories for a bi-weekly magazine.
Skills : Editing, Written Communication, Fact Checking, Copy Editing, Proofreading.
- Edited two departments pages for each magazine issue.
- Assigned stories to writers, wrote captions and worked with the art department to create page layouts in Adobe InDesign.
- Copyedited stories to ensure correct grammar, clear phrasing and compliance with AP style.
- Fact checked 15 news stories, two features and five department stories during each two-week news cycle.
- Supervised science writing interns and freelance fact checkers.
- Researched and wrote short news stories, book reviews and profiles for print and the web.
- Managed online content, including uploading stories and multimedia using Drupal.
- Collaborated on social media strategies to promote magazine content.
Master Of Arts
Assistant Editor III Resume
Summary : To gain employment at a company that focuses on enhancing both interpersonal and small group communication skill.
Skills : Avid.
- Led a team of individuals to produce the weekly student newspaper.
- Enabled and encouraged others to expand their abilities.
- Established and utilized operational social networking profiles, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Researched, gathered and verified information and materials needed for news and feature stories.
- Compiled and organized information gathered into stories.
- Interviewed, hired and trained job candidates.
- Incorporated weekly YouTube broadcasts that coincided with weekly print editions.
Assistant Editor Resume
Objective : Seeking an entry level visual opportunity for professional growth that will allow me to utilize my interpersonal, organizational, visual creativity, and time management skills to positively affect business by attracting maximum sales through innovative concepts.
Skills : Self-motivated Team Player Practical Stress Tolerance.
- Create, edit, and submit articles within set deadlines.
- Research up-to-date fashion articles and post via platforms.
- Pitch and write trending new fashion footwear and lifestyle articles.
- Update Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and other social media sites.
- Increase traffic to the main site and media platform.
- Work closely with editor-and-chief to assist in updating and improving both the editorial calendar and social media presence of the site.
- Present new creative ideas for the magazine.
Marketing & Merchandising