Managing Editor Resume
Summary : Having recently completed a copy audit and rebranding for a publicly-traded B2B HR and benefits technology company, now looking for my next challenge. As you will see from my resume, I have extensive B2C and B2B copywriting, ghostwriting, and editing experience creating both short and long-form copy. Coupled with my background in psychology, I have the skill set to not only create compelling, engaging copy but to also influence the behavior of potential customers.
Skills : Content Marketing, Direct Response Marketing, Brand Creation and Management, Multi-Channel Marketing, Project Management, Copywriting & Editing.
- Developed, managed, and executed comprehensive communication strategies, reaching a broad spectrum of practitioners, theorists, and policymakers.
- Created content development strategies to ensure a pipeline of intriguing material for consumption.
- Developed relationships with key reporters and journalists, getting stories published and referenced locally, statewide, and nationally.
- Wrote and distributed press releases to all major print and broadcast media including our own collection of over 300 first, second, and third tier transportation reporters.
- Arranging for partnerships with transportation centers, event coordinators, and top-ranked transportation school
- Helped to increase our subscriber numbers by over 800 percent in two years.
- Solicited and edited articles for ACCESS Magazine, translating scientific transportation research for a popular audience.
Managing Editor/Writer Resume
Objective : Editor and writer with a master's degree in journalism and 18 years' experience editing, writing, and overseeing websites and the production of magazines, directories, annual reports, newsletters and marketing materials. Seeking to contribute strong management, editorial and organizational skills to an organization in growth mode.
Skills : Proficient In Microsoft Office, QuarkXPress, InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator And WordPress; Strong Command Of The Associated Press Stylebook And The Chicago Manual Of Style; And Basic Knowledge Of Dreamweaver, HTML And CSS.
- Promoted to manage a website and the production of a quarterly journal, five reference books and three monthly newsletters for this national organization reaching dental students.
- Edited and designed the association's journal and monthly newsletters.
- Wrote feature and news articles on issues relevant to dental students and new dentists.
- Initiated redesign of all materials, resulting in more modern, unified visuals.
- Collaborated with the editorial board to develop extensive trend and news article ideas - generating greater depth of content in all published products.
- Revamped production schedules to ensure publication deadlines.
- Assisted with the redesign of the journal, transforming it from a staid and clinical house organ to a contemporary publication appropriate for its younger demographic.
- Collaborated on redesign of the website - resulting in a Silver Award in the general excellence category in the Society of National Association Publications 2000 Excel Awards.
MS In Journalism
Managing Editor & Publisher Resume
Objective : Responsible for Branding ACCESS as one of the key sources for transportation research which lead to being referenced by the New York Times, Aljazeera America, the Huffington Post, Fortune, Wired, TechCrunch, and The Atlantic.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Adobe.
- Basic functions include: writing, photography and layout/design.
- Responsible for all editorial content of newspaper, including news, sports, features, opinions/editorials and other important information of community interest.
- Oversee and assist with editorial layout and design of all pages in newspaper and responsible for finalizing paper and sending it to printer, along with help of graphic design team.
- Responsible for covering news and sports events as time allows.
- Decide what stories to cover each week and assign out as necessary.
- Responsible for editing all copy from other staff writers and contributors.
- Record community events through photography.
BA In Journalism
Managing Editor Resume
Objective : Obtain magazine, newspaper or website work as a writer (content; blogger), editor, reporter, researcher, and/or photographer.
Skills : Strong Publishing Software Knowledge, Including Microsoft Office, Coral Draw, QuarkXpress Adobe PhotoShop And Illustrator. Search Engine Optimization And Keyword-Focus Writing Gleaned Through Continuing Education And Online Experience.
- Oversaw all aspects of the magazine, ensuring its accuracy and deadlines.
- Assigned feature stories, graphics, and photography.
- Created style guides, budgets and deadline guides, including for the magazine's online version.
- Attended trade shows, the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), "sound-offs" and car shows, representing the magazine.
- Helped increase readership by marketing the "book" at trade-shows, at industry events and online (using SEO, key-word writing).
- Worked with electronics' manufacturers and reps; helped convert the magazine's hard-copy version to its online form; and wrote feature stories, departments; headlines; captions and sidebars.
- Photographed automobiles and electronics for stories.
Managing Editor/Copywriter Resume
Objective : Enthusiastic, detail-oriented Writer and Editor with experience in generating the content, managing writers, and working with various forms of social media. Proficient in creating and editing sites using WordPress and a working knowledge of Adobe applications (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator). Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Skills : Public relations, marketing, communications, writing, copy editing, special events, management, Microsoft Office, time management, customer service, organizational skills, fundraising.
- Directed and implemented publication of the company's two medical reference guides in the fields of Radiology and OB/GYN from data collection to final print.
- Managed the company's editorial department.
- Worked closely with art department creating ads to attract new sales.
- Coordinated travel to and acted as company's point of contact for trade shows.
- Oversaw the publications' layouts and ad content.
- Worked under pressure to meet various deadlines.
- Held kickoff meetings to present staff with forecasts and budgets for upcoming publications.
- Assisted and supported team of 7 salespeople.
Managing Editor/Director Resume
Headline : A recent graduate of Westminster College, PA with a bachelor's degree in public relations and an English minor. I am excited to begin my life as a public relations professional. My goal is to obtain a challenging and rewarding job in public relations that allows me to utilize my written and communication skills and support and advance a company's goals.
Skills : MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Configured layout of magazine, consulting with various levels of internal and external clients regarding such matters as layout, ad and story positioning, changes to advertising package, and special advertising units.
- Worked to ensure the most cost-effective approach while still maintaining the editorial integrity of the title and adherence to advertising demands.
- Created story assignment sheets and set and monitored deadlines for each issue.
- Monitored the submission of copy and photographs for each article.
- Proofread all copies to ensure consistency with the magazine's standards and is error-free.
- Worked with editors, staff editors and art directors regarding story positioning and initiated changes to the editorial package size requirements.
- Assisted in reviewing production schedules and adjusted as needed.
- Completed paperwork to send to press indicating final form breakdown and press layouts.
B.S. In Advertising
Assistant Managing Editor Resume
Objective : Talented, results-producing business and marketing professional. Expertise in directing the creation of marketing tools and responding to the feedback of customers and readers. Demonstrated success driving growth in key markets through market research, analysis, and responding to customer needs. Solid leadership skills; able to build and guide top-performing teams. Strong strategic thinker and team builder. Areas of.
Skills : Excellent Communication Skills, Proficient In Microsoft Products, Very Organized And Detail-oriented, Works Very Well In A Support Role.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of 7-day daily publication's 12-member newsroom and sports department.
- Conduct ongoing market research with readers and design content driven to gain and retain readership.
- Development of marketing campaigns and accompanying materials.
- Responsible for budget and monthly accounts payable management.
- Responsible for budget, planning, organization, editing and day-to-day operations of newsroom and sports departments.
- Responsible for customer research to determine quality of product and necessary changes to boost customer retention.
- Improved retention annually past three years of employment.
- Responsible for staff management, duty assignment and daily meetings coordinating content and scheduling as well as marketing and promotion of newspaper through innovative efforts.
Managing Editor/News Editor Resume
Objective : Creative communications veteran looking for a stable company that is seeking a seasoned and versatile team player that can help instill the principles, excellence, and confidence in their corporation. I believe that I have the ability to help take a communications or publications department to the next level of success.
Skills : Grammar stylist, Research, Office skills, Management skills,.
- Acted as liaison between company, clients and public which included communication with government organizations, private arts institutions, non-profit organizations, and media outlets.
- Processed all client contracts, submissions and invoices.
- Oversaw publication process including proofing and communications with editors, writers, designers and freelancers, and printers.
- Researched content for publications, checked facts, and targeted prospective sponsors.
- Coordinated schedules and created calendars for freelancers and executive staff to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Planned media events, organized meetings, and coordinated travel arrangements for freelancers, staff, and publisher.
- Prepared written articles, promotional copy, correspondence, mail-outs, project schedules, and budgets.
- Operated Mac and PC devices as well as printers, fax machines, scanners, and corresponding software.
Bachelor Of Arts
Managing Editor/Technical Editor Resume
Summary : Accomplished writer and editor offers a solid educational background, over 6 years of public speaking and on-camera experience, a publishing industry background, and a strong record of performance in writing, editing, and being creative when relating to audiences. Years of experience working on event organization and group cooperation with community awareness benefits and volunteer work. Possessing a definitive ability to learn quickly and increase efficiency within personal work and with team objectives.
Skills : Editorial Management, Web Content, Front-end CMS Work, Brand Marketing, Adobe CS6.
- Worked on various periodical projects simultaneously that cross the engineering, medical design, wireless design, and electrical engineering industries.
- Produced three different web-newsletters daily, web-copy and contributed to the monthly print publication.
- Developed efficient multi-tasking between stories, contributors, supervisors and individual projects.
- Worked with Ektron (CMS), Drupal (CMS), Photoshop, InDesign, Twitter, Facebook and various online media on a daily basis.
- Traveled frequently for story coverage and trade show events, and coordinated with sales efforts to develop clientele as well as editorial projects.
- Managed a team of three editors, as well as metrics tracking and development.
- Helped create video department and developed strategies for video products.
- Worked as a scriptwriter and on-air talent for three different weekly YouTube web series.
B.S. In English
Managing Editor II Resume
Summary : Currently, work as the managing editor of the Mid-Continent Review and in Publications at Freedom Forever Ministries. I have managing experience. My future goal is to work in publishing. I am seeking an internship for Summer 2014.
Skills : Written Communication, Written Correspondence, Microsoft Office, Teaching, Editing, Publishing, Research, Organizational Skills.
- Responsible for managing a multi-tiered editorial department by working with each editor (both inhouse and remote) on strengths and weaknesses to better improve workflow and overall quality of print, online and mobile products.
- Create and execute a variety of publication sections both in print and online.
- Plan, execute and edit assignments with freelance writers.
- Contribute to creation and execution of website and multimedia content delivery.
- Provide creative direction for the company in publishing, events, marketing and brand.
- Frequently represent AP at public events such as music-industry conferences and festivals, both as an on-camera personality for APTV as well as director/producer.
- Serve as point person for interdepartmental projects, and be a conduit for other departments to communicate their editorial needs, including advertorials and added value.
Bachelor's In Speech Communication
Managing Editor III Resume
Summary : Interested in obtaining a clerical/office position where my work experience will be further developed and utilized. For over 20 years, I worked at a small-town newspaper. I possess excellent grammar, writing, and communication skills that are important in any office environment. I work well under pressure to meet deadlines. In addition to publishing a weekly newspaper, I also helped produce up to eight special sections per year for the newspaper.
Skills : Communication, Budget Managment, Staff Management, Planning, Editing.
- Research, Analysis, & Writing: Strategic Messaging: Project Coordination: Workflow Organization: Deadline Management Played an integral role in the production of 3 monthly trade magazines - combined circulation of 150,000 subscribers - gaining subject matter fluency through research, trade show attendance, and exploration of the engineering trades.
- Conducted in-depth interviews throughout the industry, working extensively with CEOs, engineers, and product end-users to provide readers with 360-degree perspectives on a topic.
- Developed advertiser-focused supplements to promote offerings and secure ad revenue.
- Written & Verbal Communications Demonstrated exceptional communication skills while conducting interviews, writing articles, and communicating to a highly technical audience with expectations of excellence.
- Technology Deployment Leveraged technology to expand distribution and grow readership, incorporating the web - through dynamic sites and webcasts - to engage target audiences and promote expertise.
- Program Launch Conceptualized and developed a worldwide engineering graphics design contest, reaching out to existing and new audiences to generate interest and enthusiasm for the promotion.
- Process Improvement Identified opportunities to improve efficiencies, manage workflow more effectively, increase productivity, refine quality, and integrate technology to improve reader engagement.
Managing Editor Resume
Objective : Writer, editor and manager with broad experience in established media and startup environments. My approach combines traditional journalistic know-how and appreciation of human judgment with digital content strategy and analytics expertise. I am practiced at developing flexible schedules and budgets to accommodate shifting priorities and new initiatives. I excel at quality oversight of fine details.
Skills : Graphic Design, Training, Team-Building, Marketing, Publishing, Technical Writing, Copy Editing, Marketing Strategy, Strategic Tourism Research.
- Managing Editor at Areawide Media Managing Editor of four weekly newspapers and a monthly magazine.
- Responsible for front page layouts, picture pages, story assignments, story research, budgeting, conferences, presentations to corporate executives, website maintenance and building, customer relations.
- Wrote stories for both the newspapers and the magazine.
- Marketplace Coordinator at Areawide Media Facilitate the day-to-day operations of the Marketplace website and to serve as a support position for the Marketplace sales staff, customers and users of the site.
- Provide professional and prompt feedback on general emails or phone calls about Marketplace.
- Measurable statistics that convey activity trends and usage within Marketplace through subscribed analytics application.
- Work with print creative team to coordinate creative requests such as producing videos and/or print ads for Marketplace sites.
BA In English