Associate General Counsel/Vice President Resume
Summary : Associate General Counsel/Vice President with significant legal, financial, insurance and compliance industry vertical experience. Comprehensive legal and compliance experience in financial, insurance, healthcare, government relations, reinsurance, risk assessment, and litigation in fast-paced organizations. Fully familiar with strategic planning, and project and contract management.
Skills : Legislative Monitoring & Assessment, Legal Research, Compliance & Risk Analysis, Transactional Agreements.
- Gained hands-on experience in reinsurance, human resources, employment, financing, privacy and international practice (South America), intellectual property, product development, and claims accident reconstruction.
- Concurrently acted as Associate General Counsel for the New York state life company.
- Served as 2nd Vice President and Assistant Corporate Secretary.
- Prevailed in state Motion For Summary Judgment in non-payment of the premium lawsuit, saving the company One Million dollars (US) in claim payment.
- Oversaw all out-sourced legal expenses by effectively negotiating and mediating all claims, contracts and related litigation.
- Spearheaded the executive team in the development of the company's GLB Privacy Notice and led privacy and consumer safeguards audit and implemented IT recommendations.
- Assumed responsibility for development and execution for the company's first online life insurance application for sustainable e-signature compliance.
Associate General Counsel/Complex Litigation Expert Resume
Summary : Proven Associate General Counsel/Complex Litigation Expert with 14+ years of experience, including significant trial experience. Adept at managing business litigation across the country, from inception through settlement, trial, and appeal. Strengths in streamlining complex litigation while leading the company's legal department and counsel needs.
Skills : Administrative Investigations, Regulatory Compliance, Criminal Law, Legal Writing, Policy Advisor.
- Acted as corporate counsel to multi-million dollar operations of the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe.
- Managed commercial contract drafting and negotiations for Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort.
- Acted as a primary business advisor to marketing, slots, purchasing, information technology, food and beverage, human resources and gaming departments.
- Counseled Tribal Council on various tax matters, including implementation and enforcement of tribal sales tax code, federal tax obligations, and employee benefits/ERISA issues.
- Acted as primary counsel for gaming-related activities including a slot machine and table game contracting.
- Reviewed, edited and negotiated entertainment contracts for SECR including Reba McEntire, Alan Jackson, The Judds, and Billy Idol.
- Acted as lead counsel on all entertainment-related contracts.
- Drafted and negotiated settlement and confidentiality agreements on behalf of SECR.
Associate General Counsel/Chief Legal Counsel Resume
Objective : Associate General Counsel/Chief Legal Counsel with a diverse background in claims, operations support, cost controls, systems implementation, business and risk analysis. Broad experience handling employment, insurance, and liability claims, while providing team leadership, associate training and performance management in fast-paced environments.
Skills : Commercial And Technology Agreements, International Agreements, Online Advertising, Advertising And Marketing, Digital Media, Intellectual Property, Data Privacy, And Security.
- Managed the law department and a global network of outside counsel.
- Structured and closed $900+ million of venture capital and strategic private equity investments.
- Formed joint ventures that decreased development costs by 25% and generated $100+ million in revenue.
- Reduced development costs by more than 30% through strategic alliances with ISVs and OEMs.
- Significantly increased market share and cash flow through preferred supplier arrangements with numerous new customers in Europe, Latin America, and the Far East.
- Secured critical intellectual property rights in, and creative licensing arrangements for, various new products and applications.
- Improved efficiencies, established preferred outside counsel relationships, and reduced legal budget by 20%.
Bachelor Of Science
Associate General Counsel/Senior General Counsel Resume
Summary : Seasoned Associate General Counsel/Senior General Counsel with experience providing support to senior leadership in Fortune 500 companies, large non-profit organizations ($4 billion annual revenue), and government contractors. Business-savvy, highly versatile, results-oriented problem solver with an excellent record of performance, strong leadership ability, excellent written and oral communication skills, and experience handling a wide range of legal issues.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Westlaw, LexisNexis, Legislative Monitoring & Assessment, Legal Research
- Act as Deputy to General Counsel for a large, national non-profit organization.
- Federal and Commercial Contracts: Primary attorney for the organization on Contracts, both Federal and Commercial.
- Advice Senior Leadership on contracts questions and issues.
- Advise Contracts and Subcontracts team leadership on legal issues, including review of contracts, advising on disputes, interpretation of contractual questions/issues, IP issues/questions, Privacy issues/questions, and other legal issues or questions that arise.
- Advise Business Development leadership on legal questions/issues Advise Senior Leadership on legal questions and issues around Contracts, IP, Privacy, Business Law, etc.
- Advise Human Resources leadership and team members on issues/concerns related to employment law, EEOC complaints, etc.
- Handle EEOC complaints, working closely with Human Resources (HR) management.
Associate General Counsel/Corporate Attorney Resume
Objective : Accomplished Associate General Counsel/Corporate Attorney with 4 years of broad-based experience and expertise, including more than 4 years in the communications industry with direct responsibility for a diverse set of regulatory and administrative law, compliance, contract and policy issues with competitive local and interexchange carriers.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Compliance & Risk Analysis, Transactional Agreements.
- Managed general corporate governance, including written consents, annual meetings, 10-K, 10-Q, and proxy statements, until consensual foreclosure.
- Reviewed, negotiated and managed all contracts with the company between vendors, bankers, insurance companies and other entities.
- Managed litigation to a successful conclusion and/or mitigated risk of damage or loss.
- Advised and counseled members of the senior management team on matters associated with risk, compliance, and employment issues, including the drafting of FAS 146 for a 31% reduction in force.
- Administered employee stock and options benefit plan in compliance with SOX standards.
- Drafted and negotiated asset purchase agreements for the sale of the gas book.
- Managed the trademark portfolio and advised and reviewed all marketing collateral.
Associate General Counsel/Lead Attorney Resume
Summary : Accomplished Associate General Counsel/Lead Attorney with 9 years of experience providing expert counsel in a wide range of legal matters. Trusted advisor to senior management and board of directors. Exceptional negotiator with track record of achieving favorable results for clients. Expert in balancing legal and corporate needs to produce focused solutions that drive business growth.
Skills : Legal, Administrative Investigations, Regulatory Compliance, Criminal Law
- Practice in-house as primary counsel for several subsidiary companies in the areas of hospitality, resort property management, and travel-related business.
- Manage company registrations, permits, and licensing throughout many states and countries for numerous aspects of the business.
- Handle and oversee large-scale commercial and residential real estate transactions.
- Oversee the handling of lawsuits and act as counsel in litigation in state and federal court.
- Act to promote and ensure compliance with various areas of federal law, state law, and foreign law in many jurisdictions.
- Draft, negotiate and enforce contracts relating to business conducted across the United States and in Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America.
- Draft loan documents for secured and unsecured loans.
Associate General Counsel - Full Time Resume
Headline : Client-focused Associate General Counsel with significant experience in transactional real estate. Adept at coordinating complex transactions. Detail-oriented and insightful with sound judgment and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Applies strong organizational abilities and resourcefulness to solve problems, create efficiencies and balance multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environments.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Corel Word Perfect.
- Headed the closing function for the FHA Lending group.
- Hired and managed outside counsel to achieve the closing of all FHA-insured loans.
- Created internal protocols and agreements to smooth the closing process.
- Counseled underwriters, originators, and clients on legal requirements, and found creative solutions to address deal-specific issues.
- Revised all form engagement and financing agreements to address company needs and clarify expectations Key Accomplishments: Spearheaded the closing of two stalled transactions under a tight deadline.
- Negotiated acceptable settlement of transaction ripe for litigation.
- Facilitated quicker closing of loans by spotting and addressing legal and logistical issues during the application phase.
- Assisted in modifying settlement statements, workbooks and spreadsheets to make them more accurate and easier to use.
Associate General Counsel I Resume
Summary : Associate General Counsel with a unique and calm management style built upon years of working with politicians in Federal and state governments and corporate entities. Proven leadership skills with the ability to build cohesiveness between multiple and varied state government departments and corporate divisions. Superior ability to assemble working groups to identify issues quickly.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Commercial And Technology Agreements, International Agreements
- Provide expert counsel for system-wide legal, risk, and compliance matters.
- Remain abreast of current and emerging healthcare industry trends, state laws and federal laws such as Stark, Anti-Kickback, EMTALA, and the False Claims Act.
- Draft and negotiate complex high-value contracts and service agreements with physicians and physician organizations, vendors, lessors, construction firms and schools.
- Establish and ope rationalize two clinically integrated networks.
- Define and institute comprehensive policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Recruit and coordinate activities of outside counsel and independent contractors.
- Develop master agreements and other documents to improve the efficiency and quality of legal services.
- Establish and ope rationalized two clinically integrated networks.
Associate General Counsel/Business Attorney Resume
Summary : Associate General Counsel/Business Attorney passionate about crafting solutions for forward-thinking technology companies. Experienced in contract drafting and negotiation, complex transactions, regulatory compliance and training, sales force and supplier relationships, and corporate law.
Skills : Fluent in French, Online Advertising, Advertising And Marketing, Digital Media, Intellectual Property, Data Privacy.
- Drafted and reviewed operating agreements, leases/assignments, and subleases that give the company the ability to conduct business.
- Negotiated commercial leases, subleases, purchase agreements, amendments, settlement agreements, and master service agreements.
- Reviewed and approved legal documents, complaints, discovery requests, and settlement agreements.
- Negotiated and closed real estate transactions annually with regional shopping centers.
- Drafted and negotiated shopping center operating agreements with major commercial entities.
- Oversaw contract preparation and negotiation.
- Coordinated project manager, construction management, and accounting to ensure successful tenant improvements.
Associate General Counsel/Director Resume
Headline : Seasoned Associate General Counsel/Director expert at accelerating sales transactions. Adept in anticipating and defending against risk and ensuring legal compliance. Strategic executive acumen to ensure solid legal advice and assessment to protect business and legal interests. Delivers excellence in business operations to drive and achieve profitability and growth.
Skills : Licensing, Intellectual Property, Corporate Governance, Contract Negotiation, Risk Management, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Led strategic legal initiatives, including public securities and M&A transactions.
- Negotiated software and intellectual property agreements.
- Implemented company policies for a newly public company, including a code of conduct and insider trading policies.
- Prepared the company for its $100 million initial public offerings and oversaw the IPO and post-IPO legal activities.
- Negotiated fixed fee arrangements with IPO-related vendors resulting in $500K savings.
- Led and closed the legal elements of M&A transactions in acquiring three companies.
- Implemented a patent program that resulted in a 3x increase in quality patent applications.
Associate General Counsel Resume
Headline : Routinely handle legal affairs and litigation matters ranging from civil cases to arbitration matters and some criminal matters. Controlling, managing and directing the activities of the legal services. Drafting, vetting, negotiating and finalizing various legal & commercial documents
Skills : Leadership/Communication Skills, Internal Client Compliance Management, Business Operations Compliance Organization, Strategic Compliance
- Managed multi-million dollar real estate loan litigation portfolio.
- Investigated, researched, and responded to regulatory issues at the state and local levels.
- Drafted comprehensive pleadings, contracts, memoranda, and briefs in multiple jurisdictions.
- Researched, drafted, and updated corporate policy memoranda.
- Drafted nationwide survey memoranda on relevant policy developments and trends.
- Prepared corporate representatives for depositions, trial, and settlement conferences.
- Worked collaboratively with outside counsel and managed all billing issues.
- Located, engaged, managed, and terminated outside counsel.
Bachelors of Science