Commissioning Engineer Resume
Summary : Electronic / Electrical Commissioning Engineer possessing multiple certifications, with both hands-on and supervision of field staff, experience in Commissioning, troubleshooting, maintaining, testing and modifying Power systems, Switchboards, motor control centers, and transformers, tune Automated voltage control units and synchronization units for generator control, as well as maintaining and troubleshooting automation equipment and Drives. A focused leader with demonstrated strength in motivating teams to achieve higher levels of performance excellence.
Skills : MS Office, AutoCAD.
- Led Commissioning Engineering for teams commissioning power systems, fabricated and installed switchboard modifications, troubleshooting and repairing equipment during installation on Vessels being in various ship yards.
- Led the ProMod installations and corrected and designed Promods on the Boldini projects Easter Ship Building.
- Assisted in testing and Commissioning the 3000KW Active front end drive on the Hornbeck MPSV Vessels built at Easter Ship Building.
- Engineered and lead the onsite team on bus modifications on the 690v and 480v switchboards.
- Assisted in overhaul, redesign and rebuilding switchboards and motor control centers.
- Managed shipyard test and trials team during installation and inspection of gear installed on the DDG1000 vessel built at Bath Iron Works.
- Led a team on an overhaul and rebuild of damaged 3400Kva transformers in ThyssenKrupp Steel Calvert, Al.
Jr. Commissioning Engineer Resume
Objective : Several years of experience in various power plant Commissioning Engineer activities in a central utility power plant environment. Work exposure includes mechanical engineering design/modification projects, including fuel gas and liquid fuel distribution piping, steam, desalination, and auxiliary chemical feed systems, hot water and condensate, compressed gases and vacuum systems.
Skills : Recording Studio Engineer, CD Mastering Engineer.
- Added area of commissioning responsibility to oversee erection completion and pre-commissioning through final commissioning of the ethanol facility anhydrous ammonia storage system.
- Assigned in a specific area is the natural gas-fired start-up generating center with four (4) units of 1750 kW rated Cummins engines complete with cooling systems and emission control systems.
- Worked as a mechanical engineer at the Abeinsa EPC engineering office in St.
- Reviewed equipment specifications for a second-generation ethanol plant being constructed.
- Equipment specs and design reviewed were mostly for the biomass boiler, cooling tower and ethanol pretreatment sections.
- Discharged the responsibility of the activity manager during the simultaneous erection of the biomass boiler and cooling tower, and then afterward and until now, in the simultaneous construction of the biomass tower, ash handling system, deaerator heater and storage tank, high-pressure heater, and natural gas-fueled Cummins engine generator sets (start-up power).
- Assisted in the planning for the steam turbine building equipment and piping installation.
Sr. Commissioning Engineer Resume
Summary : Commissioning Engineer with 25+ years of experience in oil, gas, chemical, petrochemical, steel, pulp & paper, mines & minerals industries and diverse hands-on experience in installation, commissioning, maintenance and configuration of various Digital Control Systems, including DCS, PLC, HMI.
Skills : Autocad, Microstation, Control Logic Design.
- Processed building and administration area HVAC systems.
- Modified system control logic and interlocks to permit system operation.
- Designed "one button" automated system start and step sequencer to simplify operator operation of the HVAC system with five pressure zone controlled areas.
- Wrote and performed acceptance testing on HVAC systems at the plant after startup.
- Provided support for ABB system 800xA DCS and Triconex PLC based safety systems.
- Self-owned incorporated construction business started as a part time endeavor, becoming full time after 2003.
- Conducted investigations of major equipment failures and assisted with repairs and corrective actions.
Commissioning Engineer I Resume
Objective : Commissioning Engineer activities including equipment and system checkout, inspection for proper installation, review for a correct design, and calculation of expected system and equipment operating parameters under temporary start-up conditions
Skills : Piping, Mechanical.
- Led installation and start-up of equipment and processes for Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) systems at a coal power plant.
- Wrote detailed commissioning test procedures to evaluate new equipment, processes, and control systems.
- Commissioned processes and systems and led teams in commissioning to assure system performance.
- Commissioned 5000 hp and 3400 hp induced draft fans and associated Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), associated control and monitoring systems, and interface control systems with the power plant.
- Scheduled work, met deadlines, addressed customer concerns, tested control systems.
- Commissioned 40 pumps and associated processes, including 4 750 hp pumps with VFD's and gear reducers with cooling systems.
- Scheduled work, met budgets, worked closely with vendors.
Commissioning Engineer II Resume
Headline : Twenty Seven years' experience in the Construction, Engineering and Commissioning field including positions as: Commissioning Manager, Project Manager, Site Manager, Construction Manager, Start-Up Engineer, Field Engineer, E/I Field Engineer, Project Coordinator, Turnover Coordinator, Tie-in Coordinator, Electrical Engineer, Instrument and Controls Engineer.
Skills : Automation, Control Engineering.
- Ensured commissioning roles and responsibilities are defined and understood, and reflected in the commissioning plan and budget.
- Ensured commissioning procedures are developed during the design phase, commissioning procedures are well defined in the Specifications and integrated with inspection and test Records.
- Assisted Engineers (in the Design phase) in developing and reviewing the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) identifying critical assessment, inspection intervals, FAT, etc.
- Recommended inspection and test requirements to be included in the scope of work.
- Provided input to the project schedule for completing the Scope of Work in all phases of the project.
- Reviewed the construction schedule for the proper implementation of commissioning activities.
- Ensured the population of the commissioning database, and that project team members, including site personnel, have received the required training.
Commissioning Engineer III Resume
Summary : Multifaceted and dedicated professional, offering several years of broad-based and hands-on experience in the areas of project management, electrical power engineering, commissioning, instrumentation and controls and solar engineering. Expert at managing design-build construction projects including design, procurement, installation, start-up, and turnover.
Skills : Electronic Troubleshooting, Mechanical Maintenance.
- Directed all project phases of the steam turbine from construction thru startup.
- Directed the vendor selection process and monitored quality assurance adherence.
- Completed tasks and assignments on time and within or below the $685M dollar budget.
- Reported critical steam turbine alignment data to the Department of Energy representative.
- Supervised the work of 15 to 40 highly skilled, cross cultural, diverse team members, offering constructive feedback on their work performance.
- Defined clear targets and objectives and effectively communicated them to all team members.
- Monitored completion timelines and flagged potential issues that needed addressing or correction.
- Directed quality assurance efforts to maximize high quality project deliverables and to minimize nonconformance issues.
- Evaluated design information by using assembly drawings, P&ID's, design calculations, system layouts and product specifications.
Asst. Commissioning Engineer Resume
Objective : Worked as a construction Commissioning manager for a new build (EPCC) and upgrade/refurbishment projects of a jack up and semi-submersible rigs. Lead and monitor day to day activities including inspections in structural fit-up, piping installations and equipment installations. The project was delivered ahead of schedule and zero recordable incident.
Skills : Commissioning, Broadband RF.
- Engaged in the engineering and commissioning of PLC based DC Traction power Automation systems using Siemens PLC's and HMI software.
- Protected devices such as SiPtotec (AC) and Sitras Pro (DC) are also integrated into the control system over Profibus or Profinet.
- Completed applications using WinCC/WinCC Flexible and S7 programming languages are created interfacing with host SCADA systems for light-rail projects for major metropolitan cities.
- Involved in upgrading the control hardware and software for a redundant hot-standby S7-400H PLC based system.
- Led the hardware selection and software engineering for the Minneapolis CCLRT Traction Power Stations engineering.
- Restructured commissioning team for simultaneous completion of tasks, which led to the saving of time and money.
- Developed operating procedures for new equipment to be used by the plant operators.
Associate ACommissioning Engineer Resume
Headline : Electrical and Instrumentation Commissioning Specialist - International and domestic experience in construction and commissioning of instrumentation and electrical systems for the oil and gas, and power generation/distribution industry.
Skills : Electrical And Instrumentation.
- Participated in preparing and proposal/estimate reviews, with specific focus on Pre- Commissioning, Commissioning, testing and Handover execution issues, field staffing requirements, cost estimates, project schedules, and project risk issues.
- Worked in conjunction with project EPC Commissioning teams to perform reviews to ensure the project performance is in accordance with plan As required, participated in client, supplier, partner, and/or subcontractor meetings to assist in resolving project issues.
- Served as the primary interface for Commissioning / Turnover on the Operational Readiness team on the project.
- Fulfilled contract and OSR/OSIP requirements by ensuring that the duties and responsibilities of the project are clearly defined, documented, and followed by the Fluor team.
- Maintained a safe work environment by promoting and demonstrating a proactive health, safety, and environmental program oriented toward operations and maintenance activities.
- Completed the scope of services and deliverables assigned to the Commissioning function on the Fluor Operational Readiness team.
- Planned, coordinated, and interacted with project Owner, Construction, EPC Contractors, and Long Lead Equipment Supplier personnel to complete (a) home-office based planning and preparations, (b) site-based Construction Validation, Cold Commissioning, Mechanical Completion, Hot Commissioning, Turnover, Transfer of Care Custody Control, Equipment Performance Testing and Reliability Performance Testing during Trial Period, and all related site-applicable procedures, practices, and guidelines.
- Ensured effective application of all strategic Commissioning Turnover tools, techniques, and programs i.e.
- Commissioning Manual, Field Reference Guidelines, Manufacturers' recommendations, MCPlus, standard industry practices, etc.
Lead Commissioning Engineer Resume
Summary : Coordinates start-up operations, including the direction of craft, and all other start-up activities such as flushing, chemical cleaning, and initial equipment and system operation. Coordinates performance tests and calculates test results and heat balances.
Skills : Project development/ management.
- Managed and performed retro-commissioning projects for healthcare facilities.
- Investigated unknown system issues and proposed multiple solutions.
- Generated final reports that were submitted to an energy supplier for savings Assisted in LEED commissioning projects, including new construction and existing buildings.
- Created and performed the pre functional and functional tests.
- Produced final commissioning reports and played a key role in the LEED point accreditations Preformed mechanical commissioning services for HVAC and minor electrical projects.
- Created and executed the pre functional and functional tests.
- Managed multiple projects at one time.
- Completed the O&M required services for the project.
Commissioning Engineer Resume
Objective : Commissioning professional dedicated to developing and implementing the commissioning process within the building industry. Create and implement commissioning plans, construction check lists, site acceptance test procedures and integrated system test procedures. Conduct on-site quality control inspections using documents created for site specific requirements. Work with owner, contractor, design team and other consultants to insure the customer project requirements are met and the customer's expectations are exceeded.
Skills : Computer Microsoft Office, Management.
- Developed and implemented the commissioning process within the building industry.
- Created and implemented commissioning plans, construction checklists, site acceptance test procedures and integrated system test procedures.
- Conducted on-site quality control inspections using documents created for site-specific requirements.
- Worked with owner, contractor, design team and other consultants to insure the customer project requirements are met and the customer's expectations are exceeded.
- Performed project management tasks, including scheduling and keeping track of multiple test managers for systems integration.
- Streamlined commissioning process by creating an automatic configuration builder for the perimeta session border controller.
- Liaised with customers to understand their needs and show them how to customize their deployments.