Headline : Geophysicist holding an undergraduate and master's degree from School of Mines with 5+ years of 2D and 3D seismic interpretation experience for exploration and development of both conventional and unconventional plays.
Skills : Time processing of seismic data using ProMAX and Seismic.
- Licensed and interpreted a 70 mi2 3D to evaluate the Red River formation.
- Created a seismic model that showed porosity correlates to seismic amplitude.
- Created structure maps that showed oil production being directly related to structural closures.
- Recommended, managed, and interpreted an 89 mi2 3D seismic acquisition that lead to the drilling of an exploratory well.
- Managed the licensing and processing of 100 mi of 2D and 210 mi2 of 3D seismic data.
- Interpreted drilling hazards and sweet spots for the Three Forks development team.
- Generated deeper, conventional prospects for the Red River and Interlake formations by using a cokriging gridding algorithm and multilayer depth conversion.
Masters In Petroleum
Lead Geophysicist Resume
Headline : Highly qualified Geophysicist with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Linux, Unix, Matlab, ProMax, GLI 3d, Renegade Seismic Studio, Paradigm Focus.
- Developed and taught a training class for new employees and customers regarding Geophysical Systems proprietary technology and methodology.
- Responsible for management of data center operations and application development.
- Managed a data center move including design and implementation of new data center.
- Identified, mapped, and estimated preliminary resources for new country.
- Integrated vintage 2D and 3D seismic, limited well log information, IHS database and public domain data to accomplish this.
- Built 3D velocity models from sonic and checkshot data for time to depth conversion.
- Performed regional and prospect level work for prospect maturation, lease sale, and farm-in evaluations, as well as drilling operations.
MS In Geophysics
Headline : 5 years of combined oil and gas industry experience, 3 years in seismic data processing and muliti-component anisotropic depth imaging. 2 years in 3D seismic interpretation, petrophysical analysis and reservoir modelling.
Skills : Project Management, Depth Imaging, Seismic Interpretation, Petrophysical Analysis, Seismic Data Processing, Reservoir Modelling.
- Provided consulting services for law firms and companies interested in working overseas.
- Provided advise on bid documents for projects.
- Processed 2-D & 3D seismic land data with an emphasis on resolving statics.
- Created geometries for seismic lines to be processed.
- Utilized 3-D seismic interpretation and visualization software to generate well locations in the Permian Basin region, southeast.
- Created well databases for five concurrent projects and prioritized evaluation of over 300 square miles of 3-D seismic data.
- Built anisotropic velocity models and updated velocity fields by means of reflection tomography (with geological constrains) and Full Waveform Inversion (FWI).
MS In Petroleum Geology
Sr. Geophysicist Resume
Summary : Geophysicist is a resource for the company in all matters related to the exploration, acquisition and production of oil and gas.
Skills : Proficient In PC Applications, Excellent Written And Verbal Communication.
- Executed the first Full Waveform Inversion (FWI) velocity model update.
- Achieved four Landmark Corporate Certifications demonstrating exceptional knowledge of the techniques to find oil and gas.
- Recruited into new Eagle Ford Shale play to develop geophysical workflows and provide interpretation..
- Worked with other disciplines, created geophysical workflows that integrated well into the timeline of drilling a well from picking locations.
- Collaborated with geology, developed a detailed structural model enabling us to pick several hundred possible drilling locations.
- Generated prespud seismic slides and analysis for 200 wells.
- Attended the ConocoPhillips 10 week new-hire geoscience training program covering a wide range of structural settings and depositional environments.
BS Of Science In Geophysics
Jr. Geophysicist Resume
Objective : Diverse experience in exploration/production seismic interpretation/mapping and salt interpretation/mapping for velocity modeling.
Skills : Kingdom Geophysical Software, Excellent communication skills.
- Attributed generations and analysis for Qualitative interpretation which is considered the main player in Delta environment.
- Generated and interpreted inversion products and seismic attributes.
- Depth conversed using different methods on different softwares.
- Worked with the Velocity Team.
- Responsible for all velocity analysis on 2D, 3D, Land and Marine projects.
- Responsible for Radiometric data quality assurance and sensor calibration software.
- Evaluated the effectiveness of all potentially applicable geophysical techniques.
Bachelor's In Geophysics
Objective : Unique blend of geology and business skills. Familiarity with ArcGIS mapping software, Unix-like platforms and scripts, seismic event analysis tools, digital signal processing, database management.
Skills : Microsoft Office, CTPAT, Database management, Microsoft office programs, systems development.
- Mapped the Plio-Pleistocene trend.
- Interpreted and mapped prospects in the Lobo trend.
- Achieved 95% success rate (50 BCF).
- Generated 150 well/year drilling program, as lead geophysicist, which doubled prospect inventory from previous year.
- Interpreted and mapped prospects in Gulf Coast Region, for future drilling inventory.
- Performed Hydrographic Survey Worldwide.
- Developed and oversaw day to day acquisition of geophysical projects and facilitate discussion with Operations Group and Data Processing groups.
Asst. Geophysicist Resume
Objective : A highly motivated Geophysicist with strong background and interest in Rock Physics and Petrophysical analysis, Pore pressure prediction, Seismic data processing and interpretation.
Skills : Good Computer With Proficiency In Microsoft.
- Sampled environments included terrestrial, marine, and atmospheric.
- Included client reporting and interaction, along with compiling and presenting completed final documents to customer.
- Reported prepared with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Involved algorithm development, prototype testing, field experiment design, analysis, and full system integration.
- Developed optimum processing parameters for reflection data through testing and selection improving the accuracy and clarity of data.
- Processed team of three large 3D marine projects.
- Completed 3D marine projects satisfactorily within time frame overcoming obstacles involving communication with clients test, analysis and process.
M.Sc. In Geophysics
Associate Geophysicist Resume
Summary : Seeking a challenging position in a multinational as a geophysicist, in which, willing to give total support with the experience and capability that, in order to achieve organizations goals and create mutual benefits.
Skills : Seismic Inversion, Seismic Interpretation, Reservoir Characterization, Seismic.
- Developed and performed data reduction techniques for refraction seismic data off George's Bank.
- Processed the first 2D reflection seismic data from the Ross Sea.
- Worked with other geophysicists, geologists and reservoir engineers on several fields.
- Carried out Log interpretation, Petrophysical analysis and Correlation of Well logs.
- Conducted an appraisal and evaluation of producing Niger Delta Fields.
- Identified Potential Prospects to keep production Profile up.
- Carried out Synthetic Generation in Petrel and Hampson Russell software to tie Log to seismic.
B.Sc. In Geophysics
Objective : Over 20 years of seismic data processing experience and expertise. Responsible for leading and managing 2d/3d imaging projects for the O/G Industry.
Skills : Geophysicist, Educator.
- Created projects, prepare and load seismic data into multiple software packages Process and migrate 2D/3D time land data from field tapes to final.
- Processed of both microsesimic and vertical seismic profile projects.
- Interpreted client's large 3D seismic survey and defined prospects.
- Interpreted seismic data from onshore 3D surveys, including tying in well data.
- Generated and evaluated prospects and supported well design and drilling offshore.
- Managed 12-person seismic data acquisition team, designed field parameters and established project priority.
- Trained and supervised exploration technical staff.
Bachelor Of Science In Geology
Summary : Experienced geophysicist with 8+ years seismic industry and state geological survey. Experience ranges from geological mapping (GIS), well log digitization and interpretation, basin stratigraphy, and hydrogeology.
Skills : Unix, Geophysics, Geology.
- Performed and supervised quality control at all stages of processing.
- Supervised disk and cpu usage.
- Maintained close contact with clients to ensure all project expectations are met.
- Able to efficiently communicate and co-ordinate with internal staff.
- Extensived experience in analysis and processing of seismic data.
- Supervised transcription and archiving procedures for geophysical data.
- Organized and scheduled seismic data processing flows.
BS In Geology