Community Support Specialist Resume
Objective : To acquire a Community Support Specialist position that enables to demonstrate customer service and or my experiences while contributing to the overall growth and success of an organization.
Skills : Research, Public Speaking.
- Provides ongoing assessment of consumers' wants and clearly identified needs.
- Facilitates the development and updating of the service plan and life domains assessment as required.
- Assists and supports consumers in crisis situations.
- Assists consumers in applying for all benefits and entitlements, such as SSI, Medicaid, Section 8, energy assistance, and other eligible services.
- Assists consumers in locating and utilizing community resources, such as self-help groups and recreational centers.
- Locates safe, sanitary and affordable housing for consumers that is appropriate for the level of care needed and provides support during transition from different types of housing.
- Teaches consumers to utilize public transportation and to apply for any reduced fares.
- Assists consumers in symptom self-management, monitor consumers' compliance with medication, and any response, side effects, or medication problems.
Jr. Community Support Specialist Resume
Objective : Reporting to the Associate Manager of Community Support, this role is ideal for a highly-organized, empathic, and service-oriented individual who enjoys creative pursuits such as design and art.
Skills : Customer Service, MS Office.
- Provides direct support, coaching, advising and education services.
- Responsible for the development of ISP's, supervisions, quarterly reports.
- Provides parenting skills, model, and teach problem-solving techniques.
- Provides a variety of interventions in the client's home and community as appropriate and necessary.
- Provides linkage to community-based services and supports; provides advocacy and support for the family with these services.
- Provides crisis interventions, case management activities, and coordination with other services.
- Provides wrap-around services to support the whole family including case management, skill-building, ADL'S, improve parent-child relationships.
Sr. Community Support Specialist Resume
Summary : Have extensive experience in client direct services and support to persons experiencing high risk mental health issues. Have been employed in the helping field for nearly 20 years.
Skills : Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Power Point. Skilled Social Networking.
- Provided assertive community-based rehabilitation and case management services to high risk mentally ill patients.
- Completed notes including charting in the member's files to keep up the records on each member from day today.
- Referred clients to substance abuse treatment programs and outpatient dual diagnosis treatment programs.
- Worked with members in regards to housing, social security income, and other income, medication, outpatient treatment, and recovery issues.
- Worked closely with our Psychiatrist, Case Managers and with our Psychiatric Social Workers as it relates to case management services.
- Participated in case presentation conferences with the above-named staff members in presenting client's cases for review.
- Provided outpatient social services linkage, emergency intervention, and crisis intervention services.
Community Support Specialist I Resume
Objective : Provide group services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to support their ability to attain their highest vocational outcomes possible.
Skills : Case Manager, Electronic Case Management.
- Understands and uses the tools available to create opportunities, through the use of Assessments data, Task Analysis, Paid Internships, and on-the-job coaching, etc. to help individuals achieve their employment outcome.
- Provides or finds the community resources to help individuals understand the impact of employment on other benefits they may receive and help access opportunities that help minimize that impact.
- Responsible for tracking and documenting progress towards individuals’ goals on a daily basis.
- Maintains a list of resources, training options, and potential employment opportunities to maximize opportunities for all ARC individuals.
- Maintains required documentation and turns them inaccurately and timely, such as billing, monthly schedules, mileage documentation, program data collection, client tracking.
- Completes 30 days, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual paperwork and submits to outside agencies as needed. Facilitates meetings with the ID Team.
- Maintains and updates individual electronic files and reports any individual concerns to the Program Manager.
Community Support Specialist II Resume
Headline : To find a Community Support Specialist position that allows using the skills in team building, administration, and management.
Skills : Mac/PC, Social Media, Microsoft Office Suite, Public Relations.
- Provides individual assistance to consumers in accessing needed mental health services including accompanying consumers to appointments to address medical or other health needs.
- Provides individual assistance to consumers in accessing a variety of public services including financial, housing, emergency basis, and directly helping to meet needs for food, shelter, and clothing.
- Assists consumers to access and utilize a variety of community agencies and resources to provide ongoing social, educational, vocational, and recreational supports, and activities.
- Trains, coaches, and support in daily living skills, including housekeeping, cooking, personal grooming self-care, food management, and nutrition, accessing transportation, time and keeping a budget, paying bills, and maintaining an independent residence.
- Follow up with consumers regarding appointments, completion of forms, returning forms or receipts and other similar activities.
- Assesses and monitors a client's adjustment to community living.
- Monitors client participation and progress in organized treatment programs to assure the planned provision of service according to the client's individual treatment plan.
Community Support Specialist III Resume
Summary : Community Support Specialist, Under the direction of the assigned manager, coordinate student success and support related programs, components and activities; assist in the planning, coordination, implementation, and delivery of support programs and services associated with the college plans.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Management
- Assists in conducting program review and strategic planning for the assigned college programs.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with and implementation of student services
- Gathers and maintains data and statistical information in an effort
- Participates in recommending and monitoring systems to provide and track support services to students.
- Attends college, district, and department meetings in an effort to assist in ensuring coordination of support services and follow-up activities.
- Communicates with and advise students to move them through the Steps to Success and core services of assessment and educational planning.
- Assists students in their academic careers by providing them referrals and resources to meet their educational and vocational career objectives.
Asst. Community Support Specialist Resume
Objective : Community Support Specialist is responsible for providing supports to people served by SEECs periodic but recurring community living services. The supports provided will be those that are beneficial to each person and provided at the level of funding.
Skills : MS Office, Management.
- Provides direct rehabilitative services to adult members with chronic mental illness.
- Uses a range of techniques including CBT, DBT, creative, & motivational interviewing.
- Works to assess members' service needs and connect them with resources.
- Advocates for members' rights while working with social service providers.
- Supports overall wellbeing through a holistic approach to members' health.
- Guides members through the transition to independent living in the community.
- Fosters creation of natural supports & development of community living skills.
- Provides psychoeducation about symptoms and treatment to members and family.
- Engages in crisis intervention procedures to prevent or facilitate hospitalization.
Associate Community Support Specialist Resume
Headline : Community Support Specialist position is responsible for assisting people to increase their experiences and confidences in community participation and membership including; interacting with other community members; meeting expectations as a good citizen; and engaging in giving and receiving relationships
Skills : Communication, Bilingual English Spanish, Reporting, Documenting, Time Management, Instructing.
- Completes Community Support assessment/Initial Discharge Planning Session and identify issues associated with, but not limited to, employment, education, healthcare, social connectedness, and criminal justice.
- Completes regular communication with referral sources/guardians regarding progress, transition planning, and pertinent clinical issues and document.
- Requests correspondence from past treatment.
- Participates in staffing to assure continuity of care.
- Assists in scheduling of treatment and arranging transportation.
- Initiates effort to contact and attempt to re-engage through notifying the consumer/guardian/referral source of any absence within 48 hours, as noted in State Regulatory Standards.
- Responsible for the continuous development and evolution of treatment plans in an individualized manner.
- Represents the agency in a professional manner.
Lead Community Support Specialist Resume
Summary : To obtain Community Support Specialist employment within an organization that would afford me the opportunity to utilize education and professional experience; in addition to presenting a challenge that would aid personal and professional growth.
Skills : Microscoft Word and Excel, Multitasking.
- Provides direct services to clients with severe and persistent mental illnesses, dual diagnoses, and developmental disabilities.
- Develops and implements individualized treatment plans for each client with the focus placed on interventions meant to support independent living in the community.
- Provides direct training, coaching, and support of independent activities of daily living including grooming and hygiene, nutrition and preparation of meals, housekeeping, and financial management.
- Facilitates the acquisition of Distress Tolerance, Crisis Management and Intervention, Emotion Regulation, and Anger Management skills didactically and through appropriate referrals.
- Assists clients with accessing those community resources designed to support independent function.
- Completes documentation as required to maintain clinical standards of the organization and for successful reimbursement of services that meet agency and payer requirements.
- Serves as a facilitator of the Dual Diagnosis Recovery Program (DDRP); providing direct services to those clients with dual diagnoses including relapse prevention, medication awareness, and education, utilization of critical thinking skills and life in recovery.
- Completes intake assessments and provided direct therapeutic services to women who were victims of domestic violence utilizing cognitive behavioral and reality therapy.
Community Support Specialist Resume
Summary : To assist families, children, and elderly in achieving the quality of life necessary to live without the fear of abuse, neglect or unsafe conditions.
Skills : MS Office, Management.
- Executed operations of activities of daily living.
- Oversaw day-to-day group activities of residents in group home settings.
- Wrote, designed and produced state-mandated paperwork.
- Trained and managed several developmentally disabled individuals and achieved significant improvements in their productivity.
- Observed clients' food selections and recommended alternate economical and nutritional food choices.
- Observed and discussed meal preparation and suggested alternate methods of food preparation.
- Handled various types of high-level stress situations.
- Consulted with supervisors concerning programs for individuals and families.
- Structured and maintained a rapport with clients.